Prince Harry: Visit to New York, USA - May 29-30, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please do not tell me that Harry's polo team flew their own horses over.............
you could build a hospital for that in Lesotho.

Please do not tell me that Harry's polo team flew their own horses over.............
you could build a hospital for that in Lesotho.

I believe I read somewhere that he was borrowing horses. I seriously doubt you would even be able to import horses for such a short 36 hr period with the quarantines they would have to go through- for a 36 hr trip and a single game it isn't worth it.

There are TONS of polo ponies in NY. I'm not surprised that they did the polo match on Governor's Island since he had such as short time to be here and needed to be back however there's also polo every Sunday during the summer at Bethpage State Park on Long Island as well several other polo clubs in Suffolk County.

Flying horses in, imo, would just be ridiculous given the amt. of time he had to be here and given his reputation as a player and the fact that he is royalty I'm sure there were a ton of people who were willing to loan him ponies to use.

thanks for your answer Nitefeather, the last sentence makes me smile :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe I read somewhere that he was borrowing horses. I seriously doubt you would even be able to import horses for such a short 36 hr period with the quarantines they would have to go through-
It is normally only a two to three day quarantine period and very easy to arrange.:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom