Prince Harry: Visit to New York, USA - June 25-27, 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^^
Thanks for all the pictures Idriel. :flowers:

How nice that Beatrice was able to see her cousin in New York. They propbably don't get to see each other very often with their schedules.

Nice to see Beatrice supporting Harry's charity!

Another successful trip for Harry! He did a lot of great things this weekend and I am so impressed with how he interacts with the wounded soldiers. He seems so friendly and at ease with them and also very compassionate at times.
I turned on the Mets game just to see him throw out the first pitch. I was impressed he actually threw it well! He seemed a little nervous though.
I hope to find some videos from yesterday's events. Has anyone seen any yet?

That's nice to hear. I heard that when America's President Obama threw a pitch that it didn't even make it all the way, and baseball is their game.

That's nice to hear. I heard that when America's President Obama threw a pitch that it didn't even make it all the way, and baseball is their game.

Just because he's American doesn't mean he's by extension, good at baseball. ;)

That's like saying because you're Italian, you must be good at singing opera. :lol:

Oh thanks Melibea! I was hoping they would have his pitching on video.
He did do a good job, just like a pro. ;)

My local news here in Chicago had a video of Harry falling off his horse during the polo match. Between giggles ("He fell on his royal bum!"), the newscaster did manage to add that he was playing for a charity for children with AIDS in Africa.

Nice, but I wish they had specifically named American Friends of Sentebale as the charity in case others wanted to donate. At least Harry was partially successful in getting the word out for Sentebale.

I like how the younger royal set seems to be more approachable. If that continues, I think popularity in royalty will be on the rise.

It is not really unusual for the polo set to fall of their horses. Charles, Wills, Harry, they have all fallen off at one time or another.

Yes, he was there last year. This was his second official US visit
I think the americans are most comfortable with the British royals over any others. For good or for bad there is a history between the two nations, and a shared language.

Poor Harry. He falls off his horse and that's all the media talks about. :rolleyes:
Wonder how much money they raised on this trip....

Love the video of him pitching at the mets game. Funny how he was communicating with the pitcher.

It would be good to make this an annual trek. Good for American/British relations. ;)

Poor Harry. He falls off his horse and that's all the media talks about.

I liked the message on one of the crawling news things at the bottom of a local newscast: "Harry falls off horse; wins over New York."

Harry seemed like he was having fun, and the Americans related to it.

^^ :lol:

What a wonderful thing for Harry to get to throw the first pitch at a Mets game! I'm sure he'll treasure that moment forever.

Yeah, it was a great thing for him however, it would have been better if it were a Yankee game.

There are the World Champions & Everyone knows the New York Yankees heck Americans are called Yanks by everyone. Too bad the Yankees were away last week.

I will say that he did throw his pitch alot better than the Mets Pitchers that day. The mets got bombed by the visiting team. Maybe, harry should have pitched that game.:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom