The Duke of Sussex's Charities and Patronages

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Harry is such a stunning ambassador for the various charities to which he is associated. What a sincere and earnest prince he has turned out to be whilst maintaining a wonderful sense of humour and approachable manner - all qualities required to make a success of his patronages.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Looking very happy and with an extra pep in his step in Leeds.

It might also be the thought of visiting the sweets factory! He does indeed look very dapper and fit. He's taking the opportunity in Leeds to connect not just with workers dealing with youth and mental health, but also promoting health and fitness through rugby. Then of course there will be a visit to a seriously ill little boy helped a little through Harry's charity WellChild. Some varied engagements there!

Is Harry the honorary head of any regiment?

Thanks, TLLK. The Honarary Colonelcy of Regiments like his father, brother and uncles and aunt have and his mother had? No, not yet. That will come though.

There was talk of a Colonelcy in the Royal Marines, I seem to remember, a while back. William received an honorary Colonelcy shortly before marriage so that might happen with Harry.

Harry served twice in war zones on active service, so you would think he would receive one. But, who knows....

Last edited:
Prince Harry's Charities and Patronages

There will be a massive amount of reshuffling of patronages including military ones when Charles becomes King. Harry isn't the future head of the military. His brother is and still William only has one Army position- Irish Guards.

Court Circular 21st November:
Prince Henry of Wales, Patron, Walking with the Wounded's Walk of America 2018, this evening attended a Reception at Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park, 66 Knightsbridge, London SW1, and was received by Dr. Paul Knapman (Deputy Lieutenant of Greater London).

Court Circular 30th November:
Prince Henry of Wales, Patron, Sentebale, this afternoon attended a Board Meeting at 136 Sloane Street, London SW1.

Splendid video. It made me a little emotional actually. Both the topic, but also Harry's continued passion to continue his Mother's legacy. Well done Harry!

Several posts have been deleted for being off topic.

In smoking, he is saving his first time in uniform for the wedding :)

Court Circular 21st April:
Prince Henry of Wales, Patron, the London Marathon, this afternoon presented the prizes in the Mall, London SW1.

Court Circular 23rd April:
Prince Henry of Wales this afternoon held a Mental Health Innovations Meeting with Chief Executives of telecommunications organisations.

Court Circular 8th June:
The Duke of Sussex, Captain General, Royal Marines, this afternoon received Lieutenant General Sir James Dutton upon relinquishing his appointment as Representative Colonel Commandant and Major General Jeffrey Mason upon assuming the appointment.

The first of many such engagements connected with the Royal Marines, I feel sure.

I think so too. Philip made a good choice in Harry. The Royal Marines will be another aspect to a lifetime of service to those in the military for Harry. Like Philip, Harry considers his military service along with the people he's served with as a big part of who he is.

Harry most definitely isn't one to "dress up" as a soldier and pay lip service and march in parades but rather considers it a huge part of the man he is.

Not sure if this is the correct place for this, but I saw a tweet saying that Harry will become Colonel of the Life Guards, taking over for Lord Guthrie (who fell off his horse during Trooping yesterday). If true, then he would ride a horse in next year's Trooping the Color!

Not sure how the man tweeting would know this and I haven't seen the info confirmed. Has anyone else heard about this? The only thing I found when googling was an article from 2015: Prince Harry ‘to become Colonel of the Life Guards’ after leaving Army – Royal Central

Here's the tweet: "Today's #TroopingtheColour was Charles Guthrie's final Trooping as after very many years he is handing over the Colonelcy of The Life Guard to Prince Harry."

Not sure if this is the correct place for this, but I saw a tweet saying that Harry will become Colonel of the Life Guards, taking over for Lord Guthrie (who fell off his horse during Trooping yesterday). If true, then he would ride a horse in next year's Trooping the Color!

Not sure how the man tweeting would know this and I haven't seen the info confirmed. Has anyone else heard about this? The only thing I found when googling was an article from 2015: Prince Harry ‘to become Colonel of the Life Guards’ after leaving Army – Royal Central

Here's the tweet: "Today's #TroopingtheColour was Charles Guthrie's final Trooping as after very many years he is handing over the Colonelcy of The Life Guard to Prince Harry."

This was discussed in the Trooping thread for a bit. Could very well have some merit as the individual who shared the news seems to be personally connected to Lord Guthrie. I imagine if it really was his last time participating in the Trooping that he'd let his friends and compatriots know beforehand.

I'm really hoping that this rumour about Harry riding in the Trooping next year is true. I've always thought it a bit unfair that Andrew and Harry who both participated in modern wars (excepting Prince Philip's World War Two service of course) were both confined to carriages, rather than riding. All the best to Lord Guthrie, who is a very distinguished vet and I hope he has fully recovered from that fall, but God I hope this is true and Harry is seen in the scarlet and gold on horseback next year.

Reportedly the brothers will be cutting back on their charity polo matches in 2019.
http://royalcentral.co.uk/uk/cambri...y-to-reduce-polo-appearances-next-year-109358

Speaking of support for charities, the polo-playing Princes are doing it for more than just the exercise; since 2007, they have raised more than £10 million for charity, and last year Prince Harry raised over $1 million dollars playing in the Sentebale Polo Cup for his African charity. A fair proportion of the money is raised from corporate sponsors, who use the polo events as hospitality events where they can entertain existing and potential clients in the knowledge that they will be at events where the Princes will be present, and who knows potentially their families as well. It is understood that Prince William and Prince Harry are aiming to raise over £1million for every match they play next year.

That's a bit of a shame, considering how much money is raised at these charity polo matches. However, we'll see whether this does happen.

Yes it is considering that the rewards for the charities have been great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom