The Duke of Sussex and Conservation Efforts

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JessRulz

Former Administrator
City
Melbourne
Country
Australia
og9nvd.png

Arms of HRH The Duke of Sussex

The Duke of Sussex and Conservation Efforts

This thread includes:
President of African Parks
Announced December 27, 2017
Official Website

Patron of Rhino Conservation Botswana
Announced January 19, 2017
Official Website

Last edited:
I think all this hunting stuff is media payback for the Princes anti-press comments

I think all this hunting stuff is media payback for the Princes anti-press comments

I think that too. And William and Harry should have learnt how this works by now. They have only themselves to blame.

I think that too. And William and Harry should have learnt how this works by now. They have only themselves to blame.

Or we could just blame the people who behave in an unacceptable manner.. aka the press.

Fair or not fair, if you know your words (and actions) towards someone have no other consequence than just turning that person against you, I consider it smart to avoid saying those words (or doing those actions)

It's not the press that feeds the beast ;)

i understand what you are saying but some UK tabloid press are the beast. Maybe its just in the UK but there is a ritual of build up to knock down; invasion of privacy, including phone hacking; and spite.

The opportunity to bite back at William and Harry will always be taken and in this recent case, it is more important than supporting the anti poaching message.

And its personal, I think. Princess Royal also made a rude comment to the press a couple of weeks ago, but got away with it.

Harry and william need to handle the situation with more grace and discriminate between the good press and the paps/poor tabloids.

They need the press and other media in order to publicise their patronages and charities

i understand what you are saying but some UK tabloid press are the beast. Maybe its just in the UK but there is a ritual of build up to knock down; invasion of privacy, including phone hacking; and spite.
Cepe - while I agree that the UK tabs are piranha by nature, I think it all would stop if people did not feed the fish.
It's our fault that it c-o-n-t-i-n-u-e-s.
And I freely admit - I visit the DM for their excellent choice of pictures. I'm training myself to not read a word.

The opportunity to bite back at William and Harry will always be taken and in this recent case, it is more important than supporting the anti poaching message.

And its personal, I think. Princess Royal also made a rude comment to the press a couple of weeks ago, but got away with it.

Harry and william need to handle the situation with more grace and discriminate between the good press and the paps/poor tabloids.

They need the press and other media in order to publicise their patronages and charities
IMVHO all of the hunting/conservation discussion on royalty boards and the number of "clicks" on the stories also let the press know that there was a demand for the hunting stories. If I was an editor covering the BRF, I'd be checking out this site and others to see which topics are popular. ;)

https://mobile.twitter.com/Kensingt...2?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...s-to-africa-on-mission-to-save-500-elephants/

Kensington Palace (and Rebecca English) report that Harry's going back to Africa! He's spending the rest of the summer months working on conservation projects. 'He will be working 'with African Parks '500 Elephants' initiative, one of the most significant elephant translocations in conservation history.'

KP says it 'will enhance his personal first-hand experience of initiatives that support Africa's most pressing conservation challenges.'

Harry's determined to be his own man, not another Andrew according to Rebecca English, hence the work in Africa for about six weeks.
https://mobile.twitter.com/RE_DailyMail/status/758011288165449728

Last edited:
Here is more of the Twitter from Rebecca English. She says Harry has come a long way but...

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail
@RoyallyPetite They're amazing initiatives and I know how passionate he is. But I'm not convinced about him spending 2nd summer out there.

@RoyallyPetite but also think going to Africa for weeks risks accusations of self-indulgence - doesn't need to do that to champion the cause

Like last year, it's a private visit. None of this counts as royal engagements

With Harry being in Africa on a private visit, he has zero excuses to skip George Mccorquodale's African wedding on August 6th.

@RoyallyPetite but also think going to Africa for weeks risks accusations of self-indulgence - doesn't need to do that to champion the cause

One thing I really abhor in life is those people that seem to know what someone else needs or wants or should or shouldn't do. Harry has the total right to be passionate about what he wants to be passionate about and adjust his life and what he does accordingly. With English suggesting that he'd be accused of self-indulgence, she is insinuating that she knows what is better for Harry than he does himself and tells me that she sees Harry more as a puppet on a string than a real human being.

Harry is in a position to carve out his role in life for himself and I admire the choices that he's made.

I only posted Rebecca English because Curryong linked to her Twitter but only part of the conversation.

Rudolph, I greatly appreciate all your posts and the tweets you pass on to us. We get the well balanced picture that way.

My point was simply to state that whatever Harry chooses to do shouldn't be analyzed, picked apart and denigrated such as the Engish tweet I quoted. Harry very well could have decided to spend his summer months taking up golf or spending weeks roaming the countryside around Balmoral. He's doing something he wants to do.

Really !!! Kate flies in private jet to private holiday in France. Harry works in Africa and gets rubbished. Kate and Will can do no wrong ( and I'm not saying they shouldn't holiday ) Harry can't do anything right for some !!!

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Harry's time in Africa is private as well. It's being funded privately. Again, I only posted her Twitter to give the entire conversation.

The 'self-indulgence' line is because Harry enjoys spending time in Africa. He views it as a get away from England. Couple in with the press not being invited and some reporters don't like it.

I'm still not getting why it's wrong for Harry to work over his summer break in Africa but ok for Will and Kate to relax in France. They can all holiday where they want

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

We could go one step further and even throw HM, the Queen's hiatus to Balmoral in the mix. Seems to me if you're going to pin the tail on the donkey of self indulgence, you pin it on everyone if you're a fair and balanced journalist.

Perhaps Rebecca English doesn't see the royals as people but rather as puppets on a string that should dance to the tune of always being in the public eye. That is what puts her paycheck in her pocket. Is she perhaps being self indulgent wanting things to her own best interest?

Case of when pointing a finger at someone, the other three point back at oneself methinks.

He's going at the same pace since he left the army. I'm not on board with the blame game. Kp, wk, tabloids and royal reporters. I don't know what goes on behind closed doors. He's human so he can do wrong and that's okay to admit. I long for the day when his actions are judged without dragging down others as the main cause.

Last edited:
It isn't like he is on holiday. If he was doing the exact same thing in the UK with conservation, it would be Work. But he is in a foreign country and not invited on an official visit, it is Private. For it to be official he would need an invitation. Its not like he is on safari, and even if he was, the other royals are on holidays now, so he wouldn't be alone.

This is what his 3rd over seas trip this year: Nepal, US and now Africa. All for work for his charities or a tour, not holidays.

I only posted Rebecca English because Curryong linked to her Twitter but only part of the conversation.

Off topic, but I bother to read RE all the time. So thanks, Rudolph, you have done nothing wrong IMO I'd rather know the rubbish she is spouting than not know it. And sometimes, she does have something of value or something positive on her agenda.
It's like the old adage, keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

So sorry this is late, but better late than never! Harry has been appointed Patron of Rhino Conservation Botswana. Good. These magnificent animals need all the publicity and help they can get. Harry's heart is in conserving them so it's a good match.

News — Rhino Conservation Botswana

From the Court Circular

Kensington Palace
24th May, 2017
Prince Henry of Wales, Patron, Rhino Conservation Botswana, this morning attended a Board Meeting at Maun, Botswana.

Yes, someone on another forum stated that he flew out to Botswana on Monday. He's probably taking a look at some environmental projects there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom