The Duke of Sussex's Charities and Patronages

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Halo Trust chief executive Guy Willoughby quits | Third Sector
Guy Willoughby has resigned as chief executive of the landmine clearance charity the Halo Trust, which he co-founded 26 years ago.

Trustees voted unanimously to suspend Willoughby in July citing at the time a "serious deterioration in relations" between him and the board, and it has now come to light that he resigned the following month.

A spokesman for the Halo Trust refused to discuss the details of Willoughby’s resignation and settlement deal, but The Daily Telegraph reports it to be "a figure in excess of £100,000".

Last edited:
Last edited:
June 11: Prince Harry attended a reception for MapAction

Kensington Palace ‏@KensingtonRoyal 32m32 minutes ago
Last night Prince Harry helped celebrate @mapaction's recent achievements for #EbolaResponse & #NepalEarthquake

Harry's Speech

Great! He is taking on quite many engagements lately!

Well June is usually one of the busiest months for the royals before their summer holidays. Harry is about to disappear to Africa for around three months so he is getting his engagements in now as he won't be really available for any more from July to the end of September.

Several members become embedded at Balmoral, Birkhall etc in August and September. William and Kate may take the children up there for a while. I think it's great that Harry is keeping busy, including meeting Michelle Obama and her daughters shortly.

"The Campaign to Change Direction is proud to announce that Prince Harry of Wales has joined the campaign and will be featured in a public service announcement (PSA) running on a Times Square jumbotron in New York.

Prince Harry has been a steadfast supporter of members of the military, both in the United Kingdom and around the world, and an advocate for the physical and mental well-being of those who serve and their families. The campaign applauds his efforts and is pleased to have his help in encouraging everyone to recognize the Five Signs of emotional suffering and the importance of caring for one’s emotional well-being."

Prince Harry of Wales and Richard Gere Support Campaign to Change Direction | The Campaign to Change Direction

http://67.media.tumblr.com/bf5b8bb9f461d61f267dc1f5baaed766/tumblr_o6rjthTHD21swd44ko1_500.jpg

Harry, William and Kate visited Heads Together yesterday (Aus time.)

Some comments on Harry from that event. CALM Trustee Marcus Chapman on Prince Harry 'Harry himself says he gets stressed and has to find ways, strategies for him to de-clutter. It makes people think it's alright to talk about it.'

MIND member Jade Jennings on Harry.
'It was amazing. He looked you straight in the eye and he was really warm and caring....He understands. He said that when he's angry he likes to have a good box as well'.

Champion boxer Duke McKenzie on Harry having a go with the boxing gloves on the visit.
'Harry packs a punch.:) Harry was giving me the eye and I think he wanted to take me out but I had to let him know who the real Duke was'. :)

'Harry wanted to know if I could make a return and come out of retirement, and if him and me could do ten rounds, but I said 'No, Your Highness, I can't do that because you might knock me out and embarrass me!'
'He was loving every minute of it. A really genuine guy.'

'Harry had the strongest punch. Harry's a banger, make no mistake about it. :) He runs like a Bentley or a Rolls Royce. He purrs quite well. I've boxed my whole life and he's got a fair punch on him.'

All this and 'blue suede' lined loafers too!

http://www.gq.com/story/prince-harry-blue-soled-shoes

Last edited:
Last edited:
Tell me what you want, laugh at me, I don't care: Harry does look like his mother everytime he champions and supports such great causes.

I don't see it so much in his looks but his mannerisms and his charisma and his huggability is 100% his mother. Harry has the gift of making whomever he is talking to feel as if they're his new best friend. He goes above and beyond what would be expected of him and thinking that Harry is just doing his "duty" is a statement that doesn't fit too well.

Found to be negative, thank God!

This is a statement that should be echoed by many, many more people after being tested. I really think Harry went the extra mile in publicly being tested and cleared. Hope many follow his example.

Prince Harry gets tested for HIV to raise awareness - CNN.com

"Kensington Palace tweeted Harry took the test live because he "believes his generation needs to take leadership in the fight against HIV, or risk losing the gains of those who've come before."
The palace tweeted he will also meet with a number of advocates Thursday. He is scheduled to head to Durban, South Africa, next week for the 21st International AIDS Conference. The conference runs Monday through July 22."

Harry taking the HIV test went viral. Over one million views in just seven hours!

Now that is what I call getting a message out and being listened to. Yet, there still will be folks that say Harry hasn't really accomplished anything to date. Go figure. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom