The Duke of Sussex and Sporting Patronages

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prince Harry meet with runners who will take part in the London Marathon this year in Twickenham yesterday, February 1. These runners will be running to raise money for several of Harry's charities.

Prince Harry meets London Marathon runners - hellomagazine.com
Walking? It's time Prince George started running! Prince Harry jokes with London Marathon hopefuls | Daily Mail Online

It was in support of the Charities Forum (the collection of charities of which The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry are Patrons.)

150 people are running for his, Kate and William's charities - five each from around 30 charities.

Kensington PalaceVerified account ‏@KensingtonRoyal
Runners from charities supported by The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry are put through…
Instagram

Last edited:

Prince Harry as Patron of England Rugby's All Schools Programme attended the RBS Six Nations match between England and France at Twickenham Stadium on March 21, 2015.

** zimbio gallery ** gettyimages/afp **

** dailymail: Heir we go: Suited and booted Prince Harry can barely watch at Twickenham..**
I thought he looked miserable and distracted.
I know they chose these pics on purpose - but there was obviously less jolly Harry than usually seen. I think it possible that Harry has run into one of those periods where life teaches you that you are not in charge. IMHO.

He shines everywhere he goes! It is so cute to see him with children! Great pics:flowers:

He shows such enthusiasm at these engagements. It really lightens the mood of everyone around him!

I can understand why Harry said that it would be fantastic (if unlikely) for Japan to win the World Cup, (one more nation to add to the Rugby playing countries.) However, I hope he supports some Commonwealth countries too.

I do often wonder whether Harry has some bolt hole, friends, favourite pub down in Devon. He's been seen down there more than once in his private time too.

A few articles about Harry's visit to the Paignton Rugby Club, which won the RFU's Gold Standard Award. The children Harry saw playing rugby are all involved in the RFU All Schools Program, of which Harry is patron through the RFU.

Prince Harry celebrates grassroots at Paignton Rugby Club - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk
VIDEO: Cheers as Prince Harry arrives at Paignton Rugby Club | Torquay Herald Express
Prince Harry puts England Rugby World Cup woes behind him as he focuses on grassroots game | Royal | News | Daily Express

That gift was very sweet and I'm sure he'll wear them when he next has one of those informal games of rugby. Again he is seen around kids who really react well to him and he to them.

CC Kensington Palace
21st April, 2016
Prince Henry of Wales, Patron, Rugby Football Union Injured Players Foundation, this morning visited Hobbs Rehabilitation Centre, Bridgets Lane, Martyr Worthy, Hampshire.

Harry's passionate about Rugby and the England Rugby team so this new patronage is a good fit for him. He attends many matches, and I don't think his grandmother is a great fan of the game really.

If I'm not mistaken, William is taking over the Queen's WRU patronage and with Harry taking on ERFU, it'll be grounds for some good natured sibling rivalry. Instead of detracting from the patronages, I think it will be good for them.

To be honest, I'm not sure even how rugby works and if these two organizations have anything in common. Just an uneducated thought on the matter. :D

Each was already the Vice Patrons for their Rugby sides. Anne is the patron for Scotland. They all play each other annually in the Six Nations tournament.

Thanks much Skippyboo. I can now check off my "learn something new everyday box" on my imaginary to do list. :D

Each was already the Vice Patrons for their Rugby sides. Anne is the patron for Scotland. They all play each other annually in the Six Nations tournament.

And not that they care, but I really like that they have all taken a bit of the Kingdom for Rugby! We all think the BRF are competitive and this makes healthy competition more meaningful to rugby in the UK Or it would in the US in a similar sport (there are none, but you get my meaning). Now I am questioning the relevance of this post! Really, we had a well supported Rugby team when I was at University. Of course, it had more to do with the beer and the bar the team hung out at, but...
I am going to stop commenting now on UK rugby now, because I AM NOT WORTHY. But I am happy the BRF supports UK teams so widely. :lol:

What I love about Harry's involvement in Rugby is that he went and did the Coaching Certification Program. So when he does these Workshops w/the Kids, he really knows what to do and isn't just another VIP on the sidelines. Harry truly earned my respect doing that and this really is the perfect new Patronage for him. :)

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

It is also a trait I admire in Harry. He's done this with other aspects of things he supports like actually joining the treks with Walking with the Wounded and actively working with conservation organizations hands on before being named as an ambassador to United for Wildlife.

Its heartwarming to see people that will not only talk the talk but join in and walk the walk too.

What is the difference between being the vice patron and the patron in terms of what they do? Or is it more of a symbolic change?

What I love about Harry's involvement in Rugby is that he went and did the Coaching Certification Program. So when he does these Workshops w/the Kids, he really knows what to do and isn't just another VIP on the sidelines. Harry truly earned my respect doing that and this really is the perfect new Patronage for him. :)

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I hadn't known that he's taken the course. Good for him! (Of course this now means that he might have an over eager parent yelling at him from the sidelines.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom