The Duke of Sussex's Charities and Patronages

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is great to see The Duke of Sussex visiting the Royal Marines. Nice pictures; he looks good, they all do, something about men in uniform!

Last edited by a moderator:
Its always great to see Harry in uniform. He's been a busy fella in Meghan's absence. Back with the Marines, but Commandos this time!

HRH The Duke of Sussex from his visit to the 42 Commando Royal Marines at their base in Bickleigh today.

Court Circular 20th February:
The Duke of Sussex, Captain General, Royal Marines, today visited 42 Commando Royal Marines at Bickleigh Barracks, Dartmoor, and was received by Her Majesty's Lord-Lieutenant of Devon (Mr. David Fursdon).

His Royal Highness afterwards presented Green Berets to Royal Marines recruits at Shaugh Prior, Dartmoor.

42 Commando Royal Marines posted in Twitter a sarcastic answer (very well did ) because left Prince Harry closes his own car door on his visit on 20 February.

"We thought the visit had gone so well until we saw this report of an epic planning fail on our part. We can only apologise to the nation for letting you all down. You have a right to expect better Royal car door etiquette from your Commandos."

https://metrouk2.files.wordpress.co...pg?quality=90&strip=all&zoom=1&resize=768,510

https://t.co/99HEWk016y

Wow, twice in week of Harry in uniform. Great week in my opinion!

Definitely a great week and they're both going to head to Morocco next. I like seeing Harry happy doing what he loves best and we saw Meghan doing her own thing too. This is a couple that can revel in their individuality yet together are a formidable team armed with purpose, welded by love and ready, willing and able to do what is demanded of them with a charm offensive. :D

I'm definitely going to be keeping my eyes peeled for a beautiful caftan while in Morocco. I definitely think she's probably going to rock some color while she's there. ?

Last edited:
another video

is this the first time in this uniform for Harry?

Is this the first time in this uniform for Harry?

Yes. I quite like it, has a bit more flair than his other options.

Court Circular 16th March:
The Duke of Sussex, Captain General, Royal Marines, this evening attended the Mountbatten Festival of Music at the Royal Albert Hall, Kensington Gore, London SW7, and was received by Her Majesty's Lord-Lieutenant of Greater London (Sir Kenneth Olisa).

Last edited:
Harry looks very nice in his dress uniform. Red and gold, very impressive! Hope he enjoyed the evening.

I've been reading comments on Daily Fail about Harry's appearance in marine uniform at the Mountbatten Festival of music.

Why so much negativity towards him? Apparently he didn't earn the right to wear uniform.All his service in army and Afghanistan is rendered null and void.

I guess, his current critics would be fawning over him if he had stayed bachelor.:whistling:

I've been reading comments on Daily Fail about Harry's appearance in marine uniform at the Mountbatten Festival of music.

Why so much negativity towards him? Apparently he didn't earn the right to wear uniform.All his service in army and Afghanistan is rendered null and void.

I guess, his current critics would be fawning over him if he had stayed bachelor.:whistling:

That is very true solinka, I think so too. However, they seem to forget also that other males in the BRF who have served in the services also wear ceremonial and dress uniform at engagements as well. It's not just Harry. Having said tha, the Fail commenters are a sour and pathetic crowd and IMO it's best not to read their outpourings.

That is very true solinka, I think so too. However, they seem to forget also that other males in the BRF who have served in the services also wear ceremonial and dress uniform at engagements as well. It's not just Harry. Having said tha, the Fail commenters are a sour and pathetic crowd and IMO it's best not to read their outpourings.

His grandfather who he took over from was never a Royal Marine either .Over half a century as the Captain General and no one said boo to a goose about it .When Harry was appointed it was a popular decision among the Marines themselves as according to The Forces he had been supplying air cover to the RM Commandos during his last tour so he was tickety-boo with them .

William wore his Irish Guards uniform on Sunday at the St Paddy's Day :whistling:

Not one complaint .Funny that

And have these keyboard warriors (with a 99.9% chance of having nothing to do with the Regiment in question )not notice Anne in her Blues and Royals Colonels uniform at Trooping for the past 20 years ?

:deadhorse:

Court Circular 21st May:
Kensington Palace

The Duke of Sussex, Captain General, Royal Marines, this afternoon received representatives of the Royal Marines Charity.

42 Commando Royal Marines posted in Twitter a sarcastic answer (very well did ) because left Prince Harry closes his own car door on his visit on 20 February.

"We thought the visit had gone so well until we saw this report of an epic planning fail on our part. We can only apologise to the nation for letting you all down. You have a right to expect better Royal car door etiquette from your Commandos."

https://metrouk2.files.wordpress.co...pg?quality=90&strip=all&zoom=1&resize=768,510

https://t.co/99HEWk016y

Sorry to be so late to this discussion, but I love this tweet and I love the picture of the Prince closing his own car door. I think the military must appreciate having a leader appointed who has actually served, rather than one who was just given some medals and a uniform to wear.

The Commandos obviously feel that Harry is "one of the guys" and felt comfortable cracking a sarcastic comment about car door etiquette. I sincerely believe that Harry really does feel comfortable and "at home" when he is among military personnel, knows what they endure and most likely misses being a part of it all.

I'm just really happy that Harry was able to take his royal role that has been planned for him and use it for the betterment of military personnel and their needs. His military appointments also have meaning behind it. Its one very important lesson that I think he'll definitely pass onto his son.

Court Circular 17th September:
Buckingham Palace

The Duke of Sussex, Captain General, Royal Marines, this morning received Major General Charles Strickland upon relinquishing his appointment as Commandant General and Major General Matthew Holmes upon assuming the appointment.

I guess it’s possible he was joking, but if this is all he said, I’d be peeved if I were a museum official.

Prince Harry on opening a new museum at the Silverstone racetrack: "I'll keep this brief - there's nothing better than officially opening a building that is very much open."

Lucky you won't have to contend with such mundane tasks again eh, Harry

I guess it’s possible he was joking, but I want to assume he said more or it’s not a good look. If he did say more, and he was kidding - which honestly, I have to assume he was, then that’s a bad look in Victoria

I don’t get the issue? From all accounts, we appear to have no video of the opening itself, Henry did say "I'll keep this brief - there's nothing better than officially opening a building that is very much open."

He has after all been asked to “open” a building that is already open. Victoria has unfortunately taken it to mean that Henry found the task mundane, which is a sentiment I disagree with.

It isn't all he said and it's very plain he didn't consider it a "mundane task" at all. Reporters shouldn't ascribe motives to people as though they're fact.

Just looking at the Silverstone twitter feed gives a flavour of how much interest Harry showed. https://twitter.com/SilverstoneExp

I figured he said more, which is why I wanted to delete my first post. Instead I made a new one...oops!

I don’t get the issue? From all accounts, we appear to have no video of the opening itself, Henry did say "I'll keep this brief - there's nothing better than officially opening a building that is very much open."

He has after all been asked to “open” a building that is already open. Victoria has unfortunately taken it to mean that Henry found the task mundane, which is a sentiment I disagree with.

At first I did, too, but I should know better since I have that same kind of dry sense of humor. Well, he looked like he was having a good time!

Last edited by a moderator:
The Duke of Sussex at the opening of The Silverstone Experience today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom