The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #161  
Old 06-11-2013, 03:54 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Balmoral, United Kingdom
Posts: 312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Why should he?
Of course he should. His Royal position comes with responsibilities.

Surely that is like asking why the Queen shouldn't retire? Or why Wallis Simpson shouldn't have been Queen? Or why Kate should have any children.
__________________

__________________
Virtually Royalty
Reply With Quote
  #162  
Old 06-11-2013, 04:04 PM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 17,283
Quote:
Originally Posted by royal-blue View Post
Of course he should. His Royal position comes with responsibilities.

Surely that is like asking why the Queen shouldn't retire? Or why Wallis Simpson shouldn't have been Queen? Or why Kate should have any children.
Of course his royal position comes with responsibilities, but not the same responsibilites as The Duke of Edinburgh, husband to the monarch who has been a full time royal for 60+ years?

Henry is a 28 year old young man who is currently doing his stint in the royal forces, just like his father and grandfather and great-grandfather and so on and so forth before him.

From 1971-1976 Prince Charles served in the navy, heir to the throne remember. By the time Prince Philip was 28 he had seen action for numerous years in WWII and after his marriage (married to the heir to the throne now) he returned to his naval duties for as long as he could.

Participating in one if not all three of the royal forces has been a royal tradition for decades, Henry is serving his Queen and his country and doing his family proud. He is also partaking in engagements when his full time job allows. When he chooses to leave the forces and become a full time royal then all the fan girls will be shouting from the rooftops. Until then let him actually do something he clearly enjoys.

As to your other, rather ridiculous example, I am one of those people who would say Why shouldn't the Queen retire (if she wanted to)? Why should Catherine be forced to have children if she didn't want them? ( Obviously she does so the question is mute) As for Wallis, well what was the point in even mentioning her?

Your questions have little relevance as to why Prince Henry should give up something he enjoys doing to magically accumalate 794 new patronages so he can live up to the standards of his 92 year old husband to The Queen grandfather?
__________________

__________________
We Will Remember Them.
Reply With Quote
  #163  
Old 06-11-2013, 04:26 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Balmoral, United Kingdom
Posts: 312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Of course his royal position comes with responsibilities, but not the same responsibilites as The Duke of Edinburgh, husband to the monarch who has been a full time royal for 60+ years?

Henry is a 28 year old young man who is currently doing his stint in the royal forces, just like his father and grandfather and great-grandfather and so on and so forth before him.

From 1971-1976 Prince Charles served in the navy, heir to the throne remember. By the time Prince Philip was 28 he had seen action for numerous years in WWII and after his marriage (married to the heir to the throne now) he returned to his naval duties for as long as he could.

Participating in one if not all three of the royal forces has been a royal tradition for decades, Henry is serving his Queen and his country and doing his family proud. He is also partaking in engagements when his full time job allows. When he chooses to leave the forces and become a full time royal then all the fan girls will be shouting from the rooftops. Until then let him actually do something he clearly enjoys.

As to your other, rather ridiculous example, I am one of those people who would say Why shouldn't the Queen retire (if she wanted to)? Why should Catherine be forced to have children if she didn't want them? ( Obviously she does so the question is mute) As for Wallis, well what was the point in even mentioning her?

Your questions have little relevance as to why Prince Henry should give up something he enjoys doing to magically accumalate 794 new patronages so he can live up to the standards of his 92 year old husband to The Queen grandfather?
Noone said he should accumulate hundreds of patronages. But as you rightly point out, Harry (or Henry as you insist on calling him) is doing his stint in the army largely out of tradition or to serve the Queen, but similarly I think he could do the same by taking on more royal duties, rather than taking a job in the army someone else can do.
__________________
Virtually Royalty
Reply With Quote
  #164  
Old 06-11-2013, 04:38 PM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 17,283
Quote:
Originally Posted by royal-blue View Post
But as you rightly point out, Harry (or Henry as you insist on calling him) is doing his stint in the army largely out of tradition or to serve the Queen, but similarly I think he could do the same by taking on more royal duties, rather than taking a job in the army someone else can do.
Well that is the name his parents gave him?

Actually I never said he was doing it out of tradition or to serve The Queen so please do not twist my words. I said

"Participating in one if not all three of the royal forces has been a royal tradition for decades"

and

"Henry is serving his Queen"

Henry is more than likely serving in the forces because it is something he wants to do, enjoys it, and it keeps him away from the prying eyes of the press vultures. Have you seen the interview he did in Afghanistan? Have you read the stories about him wanting to return after his tour was cut short?

The Queen seems quite happy to let her grandson partake in something he enjoys, whilst he is not needed.
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
Reply With Quote
  #165  
Old 06-11-2013, 05:18 PM
cepe's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 4,840
I disagree with you on this royal-blue. Harry is in the army because it is what he has always wanted to do. Not all the Royals do military because of tradition - in fact most of them don't.

Prince Philip - career naval officer and would have stayed in except for the death of the King
Prince Charles - naval career and came out because the Queen wanted his support for her silver jubilee. Worse thing she ever did to him, IMO.
Prince Andrew - career naval officer, came out to try and save his marriage
Prince Edward - tried it, didn't like it , came out - sensible decision.
Prince Edward, Duke of Kent - career army officer, over 25 years
Prince Michael of Kent, career army officer

Everyone needs a sense of purpose and belonging and William and Harry are no different. They get that from being in the military; they work along side "ordinary" people and take risks as well. This can only make them more rounded and more experienced when they finally take up full time royal duties.

Can I also say that 600 patronages (for example() does not equate to 600 engagements pa. There are royal patronages that received a visit from HMQ and DoE every 10-15 years.

The younger generation - I mean PoW,Camilla, William, Catherine and Harry do it differently. They make linkages between the needy and those people/organisations with funds; they link together charities that need similar resources. The general idea is to take on fewer; know them in depth over a shorter period of time; make them sufficient and move on. So forget 600 patronages. I think its going to be, for example, 20 over 3 years - then another 20 etc etc.

Makes the limited resources of both money and royalty go further,
__________________

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Reply With Quote
  #166  
Old 09-11-2013, 09:30 AM
QueenMathilde's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Coast, United States
Posts: 102
__________________
Hollywood amuses me. Holier-than-thou for the public and unholier-than-the-devil in reality.
-Grace Kelly
Reply With Quote
  #167  
Old 09-11-2013, 01:29 PM
Dman's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 7,901
Videos:
Brave child to tell Prince Harry two jokes at awards-
Brave child to tell Prince Harry two jokes at awards - ITV News

Child's chef hopes after months of being unable to eat-
Child's chef hopes after months of being unable to eat - ITV News

I hope Johnathan He will become a chef someday. He's so full of life and a very funny little fellow.

Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal 47m
#royal Prince #Harry arrives at WellChild Awards pic.twitter.com/N5VPUhMq84

Prince Harry and celebrities arrive for bravery awards:
http://www.itv.com/news/update/2013-...ravery-awards/
__________________
"If you are always trying to be normal you will never know how amazing you can be."

Dr. Maya Angelou
Reply With Quote
  #168  
Old 09-11-2013, 05:33 PM
Empress Merel's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: -, Netherlands
Posts: 1,300
Aww my heart just melted. Jonathan really is the sweetest.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #169  
Old 09-12-2013, 12:29 AM
Tiggersk8's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Evansville, Canada
Posts: 1,524
Oh he is beyond adorable!! I can easily imagine Harry and Jonathan really having a great time together. Such a little character and charmer.
__________________
Recycle Life ~ Be An Organ Donor!!
Recieved my Kidney Transplant on December 10th, 1993 and will be forever grateful to the family of my donor for the greatest earliest Christmas Present I've ever been given
Reply With Quote
  #170  
Old 10-17-2013, 11:01 AM
Dman's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 7,901
Video:
HARRY AT RUGBY TRAINING FOR SCHOOL CHILDREN-
Home - ITNSource News
__________________
"If you are always trying to be normal you will never know how amazing you can be."

Dr. Maya Angelou
Reply With Quote
  #171  
Old 10-17-2013, 11:47 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: san diego, United States
Posts: 2,398
A gallery of pictures. Harry looks great and a great attitude with the kids
Gallery: Prince Harry joins Jason Robinson in playing rugby against kids | Metro UK
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #172  
Old 11-01-2013, 06:58 PM
Dman's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 7,901
Robert Jobson ‏@theroyaleditor 5h
Prince Harry, Vice Patron Rugby Football Union, will attend the England v Australia Autumn International Rugby Match at Twickenham tomorrow,
__________________
"If you are always trying to be normal you will never know how amazing you can be."

Dr. Maya Angelou
Reply With Quote
  #173  
Old 02-16-2014, 07:35 PM
cepe's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 4,840
Not sure if this belongs here - but its Harry's turn to get into trouble re conservation vs hunting

Crackshot Harry, the buffalo killer: Picture emerges after prince's call to protect wildlife | Mail Online
__________________

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Reply With Quote
  #174  
Old 02-16-2014, 07:43 PM
AdmirerUS's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 2,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Not sure if this belongs here - but its Harry's turn to get into trouble re conservation vs hunting

Crackshot Harry, the buffalo killer: Picture emerges after prince's call to protect wildlife | Mail Online
And that picture is 10 years old. Fortunately there are no pictures of some events in MY 20th year.
__________________
It feels like a place where no truth goes unquestioned and where there is much more discovering to be done in the world" The Duke of Cambridge, 12/9/14

"They are pretty, they are shiny, and they are more fun to look at than the shame that lives inside us all". John Stewart, The Daily Show
Reply With Quote
  #175  
Old 02-16-2014, 07:52 PM
cepe's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 4,840
I think all this hunting stuff is media payback for the Princes anti-press comments
__________________

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Reply With Quote
  #176  
Old 02-16-2014, 08:49 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ipswich, United Kingdom
Posts: 718
Hunting Buffalo on a FARM. Give me a break.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #177  
Old 02-17-2014, 08:08 AM
julliette's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Posts: 2,194
Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
I think all this hunting stuff is media payback for the Princes anti-press comments
I think that too. And William and Harry should have learnt how this works by now. They have only themselves to blame.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #178  
Old 02-17-2014, 09:05 AM
Elenath's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Nuth, Netherlands
Posts: 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by julliette View Post
I think that too. And William and Harry should have learnt how this works by now. They have only themselves to blame.
Or we could just blame the people who behave in an unacceptable manner.. aka the press.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #179  
Old 02-17-2014, 11:35 AM
julliette's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Posts: 2,194
Fair or not fair, if you know your words (and actions) towards someone have no other consequence than just turning that person against you, I consider it smart to avoid saying those words (or doing those actions)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #180  
Old 02-17-2014, 12:11 PM
Empress Merel's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: -, Netherlands
Posts: 1,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elenath View Post
Or we could just blame the people who behave in an unacceptable manner.. aka the press.
It's not the press that feeds the beast
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Prince Joachim's Charities and Patronages alex001 Prince Joachim and Princess Marie and Family 81 02-24-2015 06:16 AM
Crown Prince Frederik's Patronages and Charities Josefine Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary and Family 203 02-06-2015 10:35 AM
The Prince's Trust and The Prince's Charities, Patronages and Causes Julia The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall 554 01-23-2015 03:34 AM
Patronages and charities of the Norwegian Royal Family kwanfan Royal House of Norway 15 05-19-2006 07:29 PM




Popular Tags
abdication belgium brussels carl philip charlene crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events death fashion germany grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta leonor infanta sofia jordan king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander letizia luxembourg nobility norway royals official visit ottoman poland president gauck president hollande president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince daniel prince floris princess aimee princess alexia (2005 -) princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess claire princess haya princess madeleine princess margriet princess mary princess mette-marit princess of asturias queen fabiola queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sonja royal royal fashion sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden the hague visit wedding



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:48 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2015
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]