The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-22-2012, 09:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
[QUOTE=grevinnan;1402773]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia;1402637[URL="http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/london-marathon-prince-william-and-kate-802260"
Royal runners: Prince William and Kate Middleton 'to run London Marathon in 2013', reveals Prince Harry[/URL]

Isn't he the typical little baby brother? Always stirring things up for the older and presumably more mature big brother. The brothers and Catherine must have lots of fun when together.
There is no doubting the closeness of these two brothers and it does seem that Harry has also taken Kate to heart too. I can really see it in the future when William does become king. Harry will become his right hand man and confidant. Its so refreshing to see siblings being close. Harry also is going to make one hell of a uncle and I bet Will and Kate's kids adore him to pieces.

Old 04-23-2012, 03:05 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Hands off our playing fields says Prince Harry as he presents marathon prizes - Telegraph

Old 04-23-2012, 12:01 PM
Majesty

Spletnik -Prince Henry showed a support for the London marathon
Old 04-23-2012, 02:39 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Prince Harry goes the extra mile at London Marathon
Prince Harry goes the extra mile at London Marat | Latest celebrity news hellomagazine.com
Old 08-28-2012, 01:24 PM
Majesty

From 'MAJESTY' Magazine's fb page:

Prince Harry, Patron of WellChild, is to attend the eighth WellChild Awards Ceremony at the InterContinental Hotel, Park Lane, London, on 3 September.

The Prince will join a number of WellChild supporters in recognising the courage of seriously ill children and young people as well as the hard work of the doctors, nurses and other health professionals who care for them. The Prince will meet all the winners of the categories and members of their families in a reception before the awards ceremony.

Prince Harry will present the Award for Most Inspirational Child (Age 3-6) and will deliver a speech at the end of the award ceremony.

Personally, I'm really looking forward to pictures and videos from this event. It's an absolute delight to watch Henry interact with children .

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 09-03-2012, 02:44 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

We didn't recognise you with your clothes on! Prince Harry is smartly dressed in first public outing since 'those photographs' appeared after his wild weekend in Vegas
Quote:
Dressed in rather more than we have seen of late, Prince Harry has made his first public appearance since the scandal over his naked Las Vegas antics broke. The third in line to the throne attended the WellChild Awards in London this afternoon in his role as Patron of the charity, which supports terminally and critically ill children in the UK. The 27-year-old royal, clad in a smart blue suit and pink spotted tie, arrived at the InterContinental Hotel on Park Lane in a chauffeur driven car with a small security detail.
Old 09-03-2012, 03:33 PM
Majesty

How cute and touching is this story? Kids do say the darnest things . I love the picture of Alex rubbing his penguin on Harry (and the little cheeky remark too). No words for pictures with hope, but I think they speak for themselves .

Old 09-03-2012, 03:39 PM
Super Moderator

Prince Harry as Patron at the WellChild Awards at the Intercontinental Hotel in London on September 03, 2012.

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery: WellChild Awards **
Old 09-03-2012, 06:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
How cute and touching is this story? Kids do say the darnest things . I love the picture of Alex rubbing his penguin on Harry (and the little cheeky remark too). No words for pictures with hope, but I think they speak for themselves .
I absolutely loved this story! It shows so clearly just how fantastic his rapport is with kids and his ease of dealing with them and making them feel so special as if they're the #1 best friend at that time. Harry also seems to really have the gift of being able to go with the flow no matter what the situation is and be able to cheekily diffuse it when needed. Not many people have that gift.

I really do think that this night with WellChild was a very positive thing not only for Harry but probably drew more attention to the charity itself because of one little boy musing he'd like to tell Harry "I'm glad you have your clothes on".
Old 09-03-2012, 06:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

Say what you like about Harry but I don't think there's a royal who can match him for his rapport with children. Those kids obviously love him and he seems so sincerely touched by them all. Wellchild will have got a huge publicity boost from this, with it being his first appearance since his issues in Vegas.

I'd like to state that I wasn't at all surprised to read that the little girl who licked Harry's face (twice!) is from my neck of the woods, Northern Ireland. When she's around close family and friends, my little 18-month-old niece has a tendency to lick people's faces instead of kissing them. Must be something in the water over here!

Artemisia said:

Quote:
To be fair, it's not a Daily Mail article - it's a Daily Record one.
DM is not the most ethical newspaper in the world, but even it wouldn't stoop that low (at least, I hope so). Besides, their stories usually feature the "royal insiders".

Just out of curiosity: why wouldn't a British court uphold a person's desire to leave his/her property to someone? Is it really different from, say, Mrs. Greville's bequest?
I'll be honest, Artemisia, I hovered over your link, saw the word 'daily' and assumed it was the paper we all love to hate. Goes to show how little esteem the DM's held in nowadays when it's assumed that all the stupid articles are written by them!

I don't know too much about the Greville will, or the law in Scotland where this particular will was made. I vaguely remember from my law degree days that the courts would overturn a will that was obviously unfair and reach a more 'equitable' conclusion. The sort of cases we studied were where a father falls out with one of his children and leaves his estate to his other children, essentially writing one of his kids out of his will, the courts would overturn that to make sure each sibling got their fair share.

In this case, I would assume that because this man had said he would leave the island to Harry, someone whom he doesn't know (his mental capacity might be challenged because of his decision), as opposed to his son from whom he was estranged, the will would just be overturned. It used to be the case that the courts would only overturn a will in really, really exceptional circumstances, but they've become more willing to do so now to right a perceived wrong.

Disclaimer - it's been almost 10 years since I studied this stuff, so it could be very wrong. Sorry for the off-topic.
Old 09-03-2012, 07:51 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Completely agree about Harry and kids: he's natural with them.
And as far as I'm concerned, someone who's so good with children just cannot be a bad person.

Thanks for answering my question about the will, it makes sense. Now that I think of it, I remember a similar case a while ago: a father left his entire fortune to his hard-working daughter who had been overseeing his business for a number of years anyway, leaving the son (the black sheep of the family) with nothing. The court overruled the will and, if I'm not mistaken, gave 50% to each. I thought it was quite unfair towards the daughter though.
Old 09-03-2012, 09:15 PM
Commoner

CNN's coverage of Harry at the WellChild Awards Dinner:
Prince Harry leaves scandal behind at UK awards dinner - CNN.com

Loved these two quotes

"Harry, who is patron of the charity, said he is always humbled by the inspirational stories of the winners and finds it difficult to describe how remarkable they are. "But never one to be shy in coming forward, I give it a go," Harry said.

After a few nervous giggles in the audience, Harry laughed, and the whole room then laughed with him."

"There was one joke at Harry's expense that appeared to go unnoticed, however: As Harry presented awards to two of the charity's "Most Inspirational" children, the loudspeakers played the song "The Bare Necessities" from Disney's "The Jungle Book."
Thou many-headed monster-thing, O who would wish to be thy king?--
Old 09-03-2012, 09:15 PM
Serene Highness

You have to give the guy credit to rising above the scandal. He's a warm hearted man, let him carry on.
Old 09-03-2012, 09:30 PM
Serene Highness

I wish the Daily Mail had not republished the now infamous photos, but otherwise it was a good story.

I'll bet the little girl who licked Prince Harry's face has a dog or plays with one regularly...
Old 09-03-2012, 10:31 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I absolutely loved this story! It shows so clearly just how fantastic his rapport is with kids and his ease of dealing with them and making them feel so special as if they're the #1 best friend at that time. Harry also seems to really have the gift of being able to go with the flow no matter what the situation is and be able to cheekily diffuse it when needed. Not many people have that gift.

I really do think that this night with WellChild was a very positive thing not only for Harry but probably drew more attention to the charity itself because of one little boy musing he'd like to tell Harry "I'm glad you have your clothes on".
From the mouth of babes...However, I'm glad that the charity is getting publicity. They do a great deal of good. Henry's a natural with little ones. They sense he's sincere and are not afraid to be themselves. I said in another thread that children bring out one's true self. You can be goofy, and silly and they just go with it. It's magic in one of its' purest forms .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post

Completely agree about Harry and kids: he's natural with them.
And as far as I'm concerned, someone who's so good with children just cannot be a bad person.
I completely agree. Kids are excellent judges of character, so if they like you, you're good to go .

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyoftheLake View Post
CNN's coverage of Harry at the WellChild Awards Dinner:
Prince Harry leaves scandal behind at UK awards dinner - CNN.com

Loved these two quotes

"Harry, who is patron of the charity, said he is always humbled by the inspirational stories of the winners and finds it difficult to describe how remarkable they are. "But never one to be shy in coming forward, I give it a go," Harry said.

After a few nervous giggles in the audience, Harry laughed, and the whole room then laughed with him."

"There was one joke at Harry's expense that appeared to go unnoticed, however: As Harry presented awards to two of the charity's "Most Inspirational" children, the loudspeakers played the song "The Bare Necessities" from Disney's "The Jungle Book."
Oh, how priceless is that ?

This is curtesy of BBC. I must say, those kids are precious beyond words . Still don't know what's my favorite; the hugs and cow licks, or the penguin-rubbing .

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19470391

Old 09-04-2012, 08:50 AM
Serene Highness

Proving to be a good guy once again. He always seems to be enjoying most of the activities he does. Harry really is the most charismatic member of the BRF.
Old 09-12-2012, 11:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince Harry at Well Child Awards 2012

How precious is this-
PHOTOS: Prince Harry at WellChild Awards - First Appearance Since Nude Scandal | Gossip Cop
The Prince of Wales - Prince Harry attends the WellChild Awards
Old 09-12-2012, 11:54 PM
Majesty

That's all .

Old 01-08-2013, 10:45 PM
Serene Highness

Key England role for rugby nut Prince Harry | Royal | | Daily Express
Quote:
The Prince, who has been vice-patron of the Rugby Football Union since 2010, is keen to have a "hands on" involvement in the prestigious tournament, which takes place every four years.

"Harry is a rugby obsessive and his passion for the England team is there for all to see," we are told.

The hope is for him to play a significant ambassadorial role when it comes to promoting the tournament both inside the UK and to the rest of the world
"The hope is for him to play a significant ambassadorial role when it comes to promoting the tournament both inside the UK and to the rest of the world - much as David Beckham did for the Olympics."

It will mark the second time England has hosted the tournament - the first being back in 1991.

Harry was famously in the stands cheering England on to victory when the team won the World Cup in Australia in 2003.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:03 AM
Nobility

Harry has got himself some new patronages!!! Yay! Go Harry!

http://www.people.com/people/mobile/...679924,00.html

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/u...cle3707760.ece

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/londo...y-8524471.html