The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-14-2007, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon View Post
That is wonderful. Wow, you can see the family genes in action here. Gosh, people (not so much here, more like the Daily Mail commentators) have been saying "like father like on" in reference to William these days, mostly with negative thoughts, but if they could see how much it is true of Harry as well, and in more positive, funny way....
Harry is such a character.... with his funny hair and silly faces.

Old 10-20-2007, 10:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Ryan's Royal day out

A brave Daventry boy is heading off to meet Prince Harry on Monday to receive an award recognising his courage in the face of illness.
Ryan Kelly, of Scythe Road on Lang Farm, will meet the prince as he receives a bravery award at the Wellchild and Best magazine Children’s Health Awards at Lord’s Cricket Ground.

Ryan, aged nine, was diagnosed with velocardiofacial syndrome as a baby – an inherited condition caused by the absence of a part of his DNA.
The Ashby Fields Primary School pupil is receiving the award for keeping everyone else cheerful through all the complications of his condition, which can cause heart abnormalities and learning difficulties.

Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 10-22-2007, 03:47 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Pics 22.10.2007

Cody Taylor, 3, winner of the WellChild Best Brave Child age 2-3 Award,
sticks her tongue out at Britain's Prince Harry, left, during the Children
Health Awards ceremony at Lord's cricket ground, London, 22 October.

The Wellchild awards celebrates the achievements of brave children who
have shown outstanding courage and resilience whilst coping with serious
illness.

* Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 *
Old 10-22-2007, 04:19 PM
Serene Highness

^I think Harry is a natural with kids (probably because he's a kid at heart!). I'd love to see him do more charity work with children, and I'm sure he'd like that too.
Old 10-22-2007, 04:24 PM
Courtier

Is Harry's hair starting to get a bit thin at the crown (no pun) similar to his brother's?
Old 10-22-2007, 05:26 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinacg View Post
^I think Harry is a natural with kids (probably because he's a kid at heart!). I'd love to see him do more charity work with children, and I'm sure he'd like that too.
I agree...those pics are so sweet...he reminds me of his mother. He seems to have her same gentle nature with children.
Old 10-23-2007, 09:50 AM

There are a couple of new articles about the WellChild awards reception.

The official information from Clarence House

The more slanted report from Hello!
While Hello! acknowledges Prince Harry's good deed, they offer their kind words at the price of also revealing his wild nights in Paris with the English rugby squad. Of course.... like "boys will be boys" the press will be press.
Old 10-23-2007, 02:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Im glad he spoke to the child with Spina Bifida as a Person with this illness I Feel very "Shafted" sometimes And when someone sheds light on it it gives me hope, that im not alone anyway Bravo Henry!
Old 11-02-2007, 04:41 PM
Imperial Majesty

Prince Harry's charities and patronages

Prince Harry, third in line to the British throne, met Friday with AIDS orphans being cared for by a charity in Lesotho launched in memory of his late mother

Prince Harry spends day with Lesotho orphans - Yahoo! News

Prince Harry spends day with Lesotho orphans : Mail & Guardian Online
Old 11-03-2007, 04:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Harry seems to enjoy the "royal duties" He seems very particular though. Most of is charity work seems to have a common thread.

Old 11-06-2007, 05:27 AM
Imperial Majesty

Britain's Prince Harry was in the tiny southern African mountain kingdom of Lesotho on Monday to discuss aid projects, a statement from his charity Sentebale (Forget-Me-Not) said

IOL: Prince Harry meets Aids orphans in Lesotho
Old 03-18-2008, 05:13 AM
Imperial Majesty

Prince Harry's £1.1million charity has given just £84,000 to the Aids orphans it was set up to support, it was revealed yesterday

Harry 'bitterly disappointed' as his £1m charity gives Aids orphans just £84,0000 | the Daily Mail
Old 03-18-2008, 08:01 AM
Aristocracy

I'm shocked and disappointed to read that Harry's charity had to pay £47,000 consultancy fees to his father's office. One would think Charles would be happy to help for the sake of charity. Apparently not! They paid more to set up a websites than they contributed to the children! That's scandalous indeed! I can understand Harry's anger and frustration.
Old 03-23-2008, 11:16 AM
Imperial Majesty

The plight of these African children moved Prince so deeply that he founded a charity that has raised £1.15million. So why have they received just £10,000 as £600,000 languishes in a bank account, £49,000 went on 4x4 vehicles and the charity boss enjoys a deal worth £100,000?

Prince Harry raises £1.5m to help AIDS orphans, but where has the money gone? | the Daily Mail
Old 05-28-2008, 08:50 AM
Courtier

Royals: Prinz Harry zieht wieder mit der Armee los - Nachrichten Vermischtes - WELT ONLINE

According to the above mentioned article in the German newspaper WELT Prince Harry will go with the army to Lesotho for humanitarian purposes ...

BTW the German article is based on something the Evening Standard reported ... unfortunatly I have no access to this. Could someone please post it?
Old 05-28-2008, 09:00 AM
Courtier

Here you go Avicenna

Prince Harry uses army for Aids mission| News | This is London
Old 05-28-2008, 09:17 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelia View Post
Thanks, Amelia, for this immediate reply. Always better to read the original version. Adventure training! Awesome term. I am sure it will be a lot of hard work involved though ... apart of the adventure side of it .
Old 05-28-2008, 10:22 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelia View Post
From the article
Quote:
Quote:
But the decision to use public money to help the Sentebale charity raised questions today over whether Harry, who suggested the idea, is being given preferential treatment by military chiefs.
- A senior military source said: "Adventure training is a key part of military life and is routinely funded from public and non-public sources which can include commercial sponsorship. Lieutenant Wales is treated the same as any other member of the armed forces. This is a good military exercise and people would be wrong to criticise it." -
Is this senior source joking, treated the same as any other member" who are they trying to fool?
Old 05-28-2008, 10:37 AM
Courtier

Here is what the DM has to say

Prince Harry takes troops on taxpayer-funded mission to help orphans with Aids in Africa | Mail Online
Old 05-28-2008, 11:25 PM
Royal Highness

Since when is the army a source of adventure training camp?! Wouldn't a stint in Afghanistan or Iraq be more appropriate for the ultimate adventure!