The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-28-2016, 09:08 PM
Heir Apparent

It isn't like he is on holiday. If he was doing the exact same thing in the UK with conservation, it would be Work. But he is in a foreign country and not invited on an official visit, it is Private. For it to be official he would need an invitation. Its not like he is on safari, and even if he was, the other royals are on holidays now, so he wouldn't be alone.

This is what his 3rd over seas trip this year: Nepal, US and now Africa. All for work for his charities or a tour, not holidays.

Old 09-21-2016, 02:59 PM
Majesty

Prince Harry to attend WellChild awards – Royal Central

Old 09-21-2016, 03:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
I only posted Rebecca English because Curryong linked to her Twitter but only part of the conversation.
Off topic, but I bother to read RE all the time. So thanks, Rudolph, you have done nothing wrong IMO I'd rather know the rubbish she is spouting than not know it. And sometimes, she does have something of value or something positive on her agenda.
It's like the old adage, keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
Old 09-29-2016, 12:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Harry's Invictus Games attracts bids for 2017 from Queensland and NSW, but NSW Returned Services League (the organisation set up to look after our vets) is apparently having trouble with their finances.

NSW government bypasses state RSL branch in bid for Prince Harry's Invictus Games
Old 10-10-2016, 07:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince Harry did what everyone else does at the top of the London Eye | Metro News

Harry on top of the London Eye!
Old 10-25-2016, 02:21 AM
Heir Apparent

Nottingham Post information on where to see Harry on his forthcoming visit to Nottingham.

Here's where you can see Prince Harry when he visits Nottingham | Nottingham Post
Old 11-10-2016, 07:09 AM
Heir Apparent

After a week of drama on the relationship front Harry turns to other matters. He and his grandfather Prince Philip lay a Cross of Remembrance in front of crosses from the Graves of Unknown Soldiers from both World Wars at the Field of Remembrance.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Kensingto...Ctwgr%5Eauthor
Old 11-11-2016, 03:09 PM
Administrator

Please note that all posts regarding Harry's events on Armistice Day have been moved to http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...-38336-53.html .

There is no need to discuss this event in two separate threads.

Thank you.

Zonk

Old 12-14-2016, 05:00 AM
Majesty

https://www.royal.uk/prince-harry-vi...unteers-norway

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...se-Norway.html
Old 12-20-2016, 07:04 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Prince Henry takes over from HM as patron of the ERFU;

https://twitter.com/englandrugby/sta...69419955204096
Old 12-20-2016, 09:22 AM
Heir Apparent

Harry's passionate about Rugby and the England Rugby team so this new patronage is a good fit for him. He attends many matches, and I don't think his grandmother is a great fan of the game really.
Old 12-20-2016, 12:10 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
If I'm not mistaken, William is taking over the Queen's WRU patronage and with Harry taking on ERFU, it'll be grounds for some good natured sibling rivalry. Instead of detracting from the patronages, I think it will be good for them.

To be honest, I'm not sure even how rugby works and if these two organizations have anything in common. Just an uneducated thought on the matter.
Old 12-20-2016, 12:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Each was already the Vice Patrons for their Rugby sides. Anne is the patron for Scotland. They all play each other annually in the Six Nations tournament.
Old 12-20-2016, 12:29 PM
Majesty

Thanks much Skippyboo. I can now check off my "learn something new everyday box" on my imaginary to do list.
Old 12-20-2016, 07:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
Each was already the Vice Patrons for their Rugby sides. Anne is the patron for Scotland. They all play each other annually in the Six Nations tournament.
And not that they care, but I really like that they have all taken a bit of the Kingdom for Rugby! We all think the BRF are competitive and this makes healthy competition more meaningful to rugby in the UK Or it would in the US in a similar sport (there are none, but you get my meaning). Now I am questioning the relevance of this post! Really, we had a well supported Rugby team when I was at University. Of course, it had more to do with the beer and the bar the team hung out at, but...
I am going to stop commenting now on UK rugby now, because I AM NOT WORTHY. But I am happy the BRF supports UK teams so widely.
Old 12-21-2016, 09:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

What I love about Harry's involvement in Rugby is that he went and did the Coaching Certification Program. So when he does these Workshops w/the Kids, he really knows what to do and isn't just another VIP on the sidelines. Harry truly earned my respect doing that and this really is the perfect new Patronage for him. :)

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 12-21-2016, 09:30 PM
Majesty

It is also a trait I admire in Harry. He's done this with other aspects of things he supports like actually joining the treks with Walking with the Wounded and actively working with conservation organizations hands on before being named as an ambassador to United for Wildlife.

Its heartwarming to see people that will not only talk the talk but join in and walk the walk too.
Old 12-21-2016, 09:44 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post

What is the difference between being the vice patron and the patron in terms of what they do? Or is it more of a symbolic change?
Old 12-21-2016, 10:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post
What I love about Harry's involvement in Rugby is that he went and did the Coaching Certification Program. So when he does these Workshops w/the Kids, he really knows what to do and isn't just another VIP on the sidelines. Harry truly earned my respect doing that and this really is the perfect new Patronage for him. :)

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
I hadn't known that he's taken the course. Good for him! (Of course this now means that he might have an over eager parent yelling at him from the sidelines.)