The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-17-2016, 08:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Barbara Ellen of the Guardian explains why Harry was the perfect choice for that HIV test.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...=twt_b-gdnnews

Old 07-17-2016, 08:55 AM
Majesty

I was hoping for someone to post such a wonderful article!

Old 07-21-2016, 10:50 AM
Heir Apparent

Harry's been on a secret visit to Lesotho for the last few days, taking a look at the schools and orphanages. He has spoken at the international conference in South Africa today, with Elton John and others.

Prince Harry joins Sir Elton John at an AIDS conference as he continues Princess Diana's mission to raise awareness of HIV | Daily Mail Online

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...gainst-hivaids
Old 07-21-2016, 12:29 PM
Majesty

great commitment by Harry
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cn4HvIfXEAAf_QD.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cn4dL28XEAAH2vH.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cn4ntgkXEAA_U5L.jpg

https://twitter.com/UNAIDS/status/756084270297452544
https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/...51291584323584
https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/...85553582469121

yesterday Prince Harry and Prince Seeiso visiting Mants'ase Children’s Home with the Sentebale Team, July 19th 2016.
https://www.facebook.com/Mantsase/ph...54339176187378
Old 07-21-2016, 06:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Diana's sons go out of their way to honour her in every way they can, I believe, including her work publicising the scourge of AIDS in the 1980's and 90's.

Prince Harry's tribute to Diana at AIDS Conferrence | Woman's Day
Old 07-25-2016, 06:14 AM
Heir Apparent

Prince Harry regrets not talking about how Diana's death affected him earlier.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...a-death-sooner
Old 07-25-2016, 07:10 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Prince Harry regrets not speaking about Princess Diana's death until 3 years ago | Daily Mail Online
Old 07-25-2016, 02:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

Harry is such a stunning ambassador for the various charities to which he is associated. What a sincere and earnest prince he has turned out to be whilst maintaining a wonderful sense of humour and approachable manner - all qualities required to make a success of his patronages.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 07-26-2016, 01:02 PM
Heir Apparent

The publicity over Harry having his HIV test has led to a spike in self-testing kits being sold in the UK over the last weeks.

Prince Harry’s live HIV test leads to spike in sales of self-testing kits | Attitude Magazine
Old 07-26-2016, 09:40 PM
Heir Apparent

https://mobile.twitter.com/Kensingto...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...500-elephants/

Kensington Palace (and Rebecca English) report that Harry's going back to Africa! He's spending the rest of the summer months working on conservation projects. 'He will be working 'with African Parks '500 Elephants' initiative, one of the most significant elephant translocations in conservation history.'

KP says it 'will enhance his personal first-hand experience of initiatives that support Africa's most pressing conservation challenges.'

Harry's determined to be his own man, not another Andrew according to Rebecca English, hence the work in Africa for about six weeks.
https://mobile.twitter.com/RE_DailyM...11288165449728
Old 07-27-2016, 02:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Here is more of the Twitter from Rebecca English. She says Harry has come a long way but...

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail
@RoyallyPetite They're amazing initiatives and I know how passionate he is. But I'm not convinced about him spending 2nd summer out there.

@RoyallyPetite but also think going to Africa for weeks risks accusations of self-indulgence - doesn't need to do that to champion the cause

Like last year, it's a private visit. None of this counts as royal engagements
Old 07-27-2016, 02:41 AM
Serene Highness

With Harry being in Africa on a private visit, he has zero excuses to skip George Mccorquodale's African wedding on August 6th.
Old 07-27-2016, 03:05 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
@RoyallyPetite but also think going to Africa for weeks risks accusations of self-indulgence - doesn't need to do that to champion the cause
One thing I really abhor in life is those people that seem to know what someone else needs or wants or should or shouldn't do. Harry has the total right to be passionate about what he wants to be passionate about and adjust his life and what he does accordingly. With English suggesting that he'd be accused of self-indulgence, she is insinuating that she knows what is better for Harry than he does himself and tells me that she sees Harry more as a puppet on a string than a real human being.

Harry is in a position to carve out his role in life for himself and I admire the choices that he's made.
Old 07-27-2016, 03:11 AM
Heir Apparent

I only posted Rebecca English because Curryong linked to her Twitter but only part of the conversation.
Old 07-27-2016, 03:23 AM
Majesty

Rudolph, I greatly appreciate all your posts and the tweets you pass on to us. We get the well balanced picture that way.

My point was simply to state that whatever Harry chooses to do shouldn't be analyzed, picked apart and denigrated such as the Engish tweet I quoted. Harry very well could have decided to spend his summer months taking up golf or spending weeks roaming the countryside around Balmoral. He's doing something he wants to do.
Old 07-27-2016, 03:24 AM
Heir Presumptive

Really !!! Kate flies in private jet to private holiday in France. Harry works in Africa and gets rubbished. Kate and Will can do no wrong ( and I'm not saying they shouldn't holiday ) Harry can't do anything right for some !!!

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 07-27-2016, 03:30 AM
Heir Apparent

Harry's time in Africa is private as well. It's being funded privately. Again, I only posted her Twitter to give the entire conversation.

The 'self-indulgence' line is because Harry enjoys spending time in Africa. He views it as a get away from England. Couple in with the press not being invited and some reporters don't like it.
Old 07-27-2016, 05:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

I'm still not getting why it's wrong for Harry to work over his summer break in Africa but ok for Will and Kate to relax in France. They can all holiday where they want

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 07-27-2016, 06:01 AM
Majesty

We could go one step further and even throw HM, the Queen's hiatus to Balmoral in the mix. Seems to me if you're going to pin the tail on the donkey of self indulgence, you pin it on everyone if you're a fair and balanced journalist.

Perhaps Rebecca English doesn't see the royals as people but rather as puppets on a string that should dance to the tune of always being in the public eye. That is what puts her paycheck in her pocket. Is she perhaps being self indulgent wanting things to her own best interest?

Case of when pointing a finger at someone, the other three point back at oneself methinks.
Old 07-28-2016, 08:42 PM
Aristocracy

He's going at the same pace since he left the army. I'm not on board with the blame game. Kp, wk, tabloids and royal reporters. I don't know what goes on behind closed doors. He's human so he can do wrong and that's okay to admit. I long for the day when his actions are judged without dragging down others as the main cause.