The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-08-2015, 04:18 PM
Heir Apparent

What a trio! They look strange but good together!

Old 06-08-2015, 06:48 PM
Courtier

They do indeed! It's good to see Harry turning up as Patron to support this wonderful charity!

Old 06-08-2015, 10:20 PM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

GBR: Prince Harry Attends Lady Gaga And Tony Bennett Gala Concert In Aid Of WellChild
Getty Images Gallery

Lady Gaga meets Prince Harry with Tony Bennett at Royal Albert Hall ** | Daily Mail Online
Prince Harry Meets Lady Gaga: Photo : People.com
Prince Harry meets Lady Gaga: Royal snapped ahead of Queen of Pop's charity gig in London - 3am & Mirror Online
Old 06-09-2015, 10:35 AM
Majesty

Video:
Prince Harry charmed Lady Gaga tonight at a gala for the WellChild charity he is patron of. The Poker Face star told the Prince she thought he was "fantastic" and offered to help the charity, which cares for children with life limiting illnesses, in any way she could. When Harry said it was a shame such few children could attend the gala as it was in the evening Gaga promised to meet them another day-

Home - ITNSource News

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 06-09-2015, 12:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Lady Gaga and those clothes- I'm sorry- the woman gives me the creeps.
Old 06-09-2015, 03:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I'm not exactly goo goo for Gaga and her outfits either but I would imagine its her stage persona. At least I hope so as I'm really not familiar with what she's done.

The main thing is that both Gaga and Tony Bennett were willing to participate in this event for WellChild and the draw for these two performers is immense from my understanding.

I loved how Harry made the remark that its too bad more kids couldn't have been there due to the later night hours and Gaga says she'll visit later. I hope she holds up to this statement. Its just like Harry to want more of WellChild's kids to be able to participate in things such as this.

The man is simply wonderful with children.
Old 06-10-2015, 10:24 PM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

June 10: Prince Harry Launches The Rugby World Cup Trophy Tour

Harry is Honorary President of England Rugby 2015.

Harry's Speech
Rugby World Cup
Prince Harry and Jonny Wilkinson launch Rugby World Cup tour at Twickenham - Mirror Online
Prince Harry joins Jonny Wilkinson to launch Rugby World Cup trophy tour around Britain | Daily Mail Online
Prince Harry Can't Hide His Enthusiasm for the Rugby World Cup, Even If It's 100 Days Away—Take a Look! | E! Online
Old 06-10-2015, 11:49 PM
Courtier

He shows such enthusiasm at these engagements. It really lightens the mood of everyone around him!
Old 06-12-2015, 05:33 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

June 11: Prince Harry attended a reception for MapAction

Kensington Palace ‏@KensingtonRoyal 32m32 minutes ago
Last night Prince Harry helped celebrate @mapaction's recent achievements for #EbolaResponse & #NepalEarthquake

Harry's Speech
Old 06-12-2015, 05:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Great! He is taking on quite many engagements lately!
Old 06-12-2015, 06:01 AM
Majesty

Well June is usually one of the busiest months for the royals before their summer holidays. Harry is about to disappear to Africa for around three months so he is getting his engagements in now as he won't be really available for any more from July to the end of September.
Old 06-12-2015, 10:26 PM
Courtier

Several members become embedded at Balmoral, Birkhall etc in August and September. William and Kate may take the children up there for a while. I think it's great that Harry is keeping busy, including meeting Michelle Obama and her daughters shortly.
Old 06-26-2015, 10:10 PM
Majesty

Invictus Games 2014 ‏@InvictusLondon 4h4 hours ago
We're very excited to announce that the first Invictus Games Foundation Ambassador is @lewishamilton

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 07-22-2015, 06:31 PM
Royal Highness

I don't know if there is a student program but you could contact the Royal Foundation | Royal Foundation and make enquires.

I think Harry is in Africa working with Tusk so you can contact them as well

Tusk - Investing in the Future of Africa. Protecting Wildlife, Supporting Communities, Promoting Education.

Others here will probably have better information for you.
Old 07-22-2015, 06:41 PM
Heir Apparent

To add to Rudolph's suggestions, perhaps another means of finding out just how to go about volunteering and/or supporting would be through The Royal Foundation's organization called United for Wildlife which has quite a few global enterprises joining together for this cause. If I remember right, when William and Kate were in NYC recently, a lot of the publicity with the NBA was centered on their join efforts for United for Wildlife. Here's the website:

Home | United For Wildlife

I really believe that what Harry is doing in Africa is tying in with the work the Royal Foundation is doing in conservation. As I've stated quite a few times and probably will again (s'ok... I'm older so I can get away with it) is that Harry is the get down and get dirty kind of guy that not only supports causes but actively gets involved so he can talk the talk because he's walked the walk so to speak.

A very warm welcome to TRF too. There are quite a few areas that pertain to the charities and patronages of the BRF and also royals from around the world. We're quite the global society here.
Old 07-23-2015, 03:23 PM
Heir Apparent

His whole sojourn in Africa is only going to last for 3 months from what I understand and encompasses several locations. I believe when he does return to the UK, he will be working as a civilian in support of another one of his passions and that is with wounded service personnel as they adjust and integrate back into civilian life. This is another one of his "get down and dirty" areas. When Walking with the Wounded did treks to the North and South poles, Harry actively got involved and went with them. I wish I could find the picture that was published on the South pole trip that shows the outdoor lavatory that Harry made. It was actually an ice castle.
Old 07-23-2015, 08:08 PM

I think it's commendable that someone is so committed to helping Harry with his work in Africa. He will be there only a few more weeks, which is not enough time to help him in his current endeavor.

He is in a dangerous part of the world. Anyone who wants to help him in Africa would need to have been vetted by his security, have medical approval, passport, and the OK of the organizations and other personnel, like the vet, travel plans, and plenty of other things I haven't thought of.

I think it would be best to get in touch with volunteers who are already in Harry's charities in the US and UK. They would have a better idea of how to get involved. It will take some time, but it certainly is worthwhile. Good luck!
Old 07-23-2015, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebound View Post
I think it's commendable that someone is so committed to helping Harry with his work in Africa. He will be there only a few more weeks, which is not enough time to help him in his current endeavor.

He is in a dangerous part of the world. Anyone who wants to help him in Africa would need to have been vetted by his security, have medical approval, passport, and the OK of the organizations and other personnel, like the vet, travel plans, and plenty of other things I haven't thought of.

I think it would be best to get in touch with volunteers who are already in Harry's charities in the US and UK. They would have a better idea of how to get involved. It will take some time, but it certainly is worthwhile. Good luck!
My questions were innocent, I just thought it was like volunteering with any organization and that a student could benefit from it. My husband told me that it wasn't possible to work with such charities but I wanted to be sure. I'm glad you guys took time to answer me and good luck to him!
Old 07-23-2015, 09:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by nina.evans View Post
My questions were innocent, I just thought it was like volunteering with any organization and that a student could benefit from it. My husband told me that it wasn't possible to work with such charities but I wanted to be sure. I'm glad you guys took time to answer me and good luck to him!
From scanning around the United for Wildlife, there is a statement something like we don't want your money and lists all the different ways to get involved. One way that is kind of innovative is using social media. It *is* very possible to get get involved with the charities that Harry and William and Kate support and there's different ways to do it too.

I don't think there is an actual program type thing for students to do what Harry is doing but IIRC correctly (and I'd have to look up the details) there are programs to get involved and do similar to what William did in his gap year working in Chili. Worth checking out anyways eh?

Good luck to ya!