The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2005, 08:56 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by james
I don't know how the boys feel about this but certainly Harry's comment to his father about Chelsy "not being black or anything" would suggest that a black partner would not be something desirable either to him or his father.
Exactly! I have to definitely agree with you here.

Old 01-16-2005, 09:05 PM
Nobility

I agree with you Reina.The damage done by constant reports about Harry possibly being Hewitt's son is nothing to the damage it would cause to both him and the Monarchy if it were revealed to be true. This is why I think that Charles refuses to meet the issue head on.

Old 01-16-2005, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reina
Your second pt.-I have also been questionable about Harry's paternity. But I hope that if he is not Charles' son that it will never come out. Life for him would be unbearable and I don't wish that on anyone.
Me personally would be relieved to hear Charles is not my dad, not too keen to here Hewitt is my dad either,
but considering 1 has bad taste in women, fancy leaving Dianna, what a nut, and talking to plants, its no wonder Dianna did wot she did,
but getting pregnant very very naughty of her, which Harry will just have to live with but at least charles is not pushing him away and dis owning him, so Harry needs to think about what he is doing more, royle or not royle,

P.S. if you want to feel sorry for some one feel sorry for the jews because i do, WATCH TV OR READ A BOOK, THE JEWS WENT THOUGH WORSE THAN U CAN EVEN DREAM, let us never for get that !
Old 01-16-2005, 09:12 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
I don't know how the boys feel about this but certainly Harry's comment to his father about Chelsy "not being black or anything" would suggest that a black partner would not be something desirable either to him or his father.
Until we have some sort of confirmation that he actually said it, I think this would be better referred to as Harry's alleged comment. Unless an eyewitness was reporting verbatim what had happened, it's just as likely that this comment originated in the imagination of a third party.
Old 01-16-2005, 09:26 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
Until we have some sort of confirmation that he actually said it, I think this would be better referred to as Harry's alleged comment. Unless an eyewitness was reporting verbatim what had happened, it's just as likely that this comment originated in the imagination of a third party.

Confirmation from who? Harry? The royal court? LOL...There won't be one. Who's going to admit that they actually said it, and to the media of all people? It's bad enought being there in print. I've had my say on the whole incident though...both of them, and in my opinion, neither was acceptable.
Old 01-16-2005, 09:33 PM
Nobility

I don't blame Diana (again if it really is true) for saying in the Morton book that is wasn't true. Charles and herself made such a hash of their marraige that it would be so cruel on an innocent child to have revealed he was someone else's son. I don't condone Harry over the Nazi thing and all that but both children have had such a rotten time. Diana and Charles should have had their heads banged together years ago.
Old 01-16-2005, 10:06 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Confirmation from who? Harry? The royal court? LOL...There won't be one.
Then it's an alleged statement, not a confirmed one. It sounds as though someone at the wedding of Lady Tamara Grosvenor talked to the press, and there's no way of knowing who it was or what their motive was.
Old 01-16-2005, 10:07 PM
Nobility

When all is said and done I don't think taking Harry to a concentration camp is necessary. Of course it was a tasteless costume but I think he is well aware ( and was before he wore it) of the concentration camps and the horrors involved. The shop where he hired it from obviously saw it as valid fancy dress and he has saw it in the same way. There are many fancy dress stores who stock similar uniforms and I think the issue is whether they should continue to do so. It was awful what happened under the Nazi regime but there are many people who have suffered under other military regimes whose uniforms are deemed acceptable. The British army, for example, commited terrible atrocities in Northern Ireland as early as the late 1970's and 1980's and yet some people argue that Harry has de-barred himself from wearing a uniform steeped in respectability an opinion which I for one find laughable if it wasn't so serious. Similarly I suppose many Israeli Arabs, after all they have suffered, would have been deeply offended if he had worn an Israeli uniform. Perhaps it is time that all military clothing was disregarded as fancy dress.
Old 01-16-2005, 10:18 PM
Nobility

It's something very different to wear a swastika than to wear an Israeli uniform. The swastika is a symbol of intolerance and death and genocide and for it to be worn by someone representing a country as visibly as Prince Harry is intolerable. It would do him a great deal of good if he was forced to become more mature and realize he isn't going to be allowed to act like some self-indulgent little brat for the rest of his life. I think a trip to Auschwitz with the spotlight of the world's media on him would do this better than anything else. If he's embarassed by the attention, wonderful; maybe he'll think twice the next time he does something so foolish and stupid as wearing a symbol of genocide and racism to a birthday party.
Old 01-16-2005, 10:22 PM
Nobility

Well there are a great many people who would not see any difference in a Nazi uniform to many others. We should take into account the horrible experiences of everyone brutalised by military regimes.
Old 01-16-2005, 10:25 PM
Nobility

Also, I read somewhere that, at this birthday party there were boys with their faces blackened as in minstrel shows and girls dressed in mocking Native American costumes. Is there anyone here that finds that just a bit shocking and disheartening? These are the future respresentatives of the British people making fun of hundreds of years of racism and suffering and institutional murder and enslavement. Where I come from, blackening your face and dressing up as a Native American would be completely intolerable. There would be people throwing eggs at you and cursing you to high heaven, for the love of god. Is it right for such racism and disregard for every social convention to be openly flaunted at a party with the princes in attendance? I certainly don't think so, but I'd be interesting in hearing other people's opinions on this.
Old 01-16-2005, 10:27 PM
Nobility

Is there anything I have said which indicates that I WOULD find this acceptable?
Old 01-16-2005, 10:37 PM
Nobility

I wasn't implying that, I was simply asking what other people thought.
Old 01-16-2005, 10:50 PM
Nobility

I thought you may have been implying this but couldn't understand why. In my last posting I was taking into account many people who had experienced genocide and racism, such as the concentration camps erected during the Bosnian war, whereas you were implying that such things only happened under Nazism only to change the tone of your argument in your second posting.
Old 01-16-2005, 11:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecka
It's something very different to wear a swastika than to wear an Israeli uniform. The swastika is a symbol of intolerance and death and genocide and for it to be worn by someone representing a country as visibly as Prince Harry is intolerable. It would do him a great deal of good if he was forced to become more mature and realize he isn't going to be allowed to act like some self-indulgent little brat for the rest of his life. I think a trip to Auschwitz with the spotlight of the world's media on him would do this better than anything else. If he's embarassed by the attention, wonderful; maybe he'll think twice the next time he does something so foolish and stupid as wearing a symbol of genocide and racism to a birthday party.
Wow, I couldn't agree with you more!
Old 01-16-2005, 11:30 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
Alledged or not, anyone with the nerve to attend a distasteful party of this kind wouldn't surprise me much by making a statement of this nature.
Old 01-17-2005, 02:06 AM

Angry Harry's swastika armband

I mean OH PLEASE get a major life and get over it! COSTUME party! HELLO PEOPLE!
Old 01-17-2005, 02:13 AM
Royal Highness

I repeat...Easy for you to say. Just in case you have not read To Kill A Mockingbird you should step in someone else's shoes and see how they feel or mightbe affected.
Old 01-17-2005, 02:30 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Highness
I mean OH PLEASE get a major life and get over it! COSTUME party! HELLO PEOPLE!
Whatever
Old 01-17-2005, 03:17 AM
Aristocracy

Or see Schindlers list?

Closed Thread

Tags
afrika korps uniform, costume party, prince harry