The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2005, 09:06 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinneret5764
I knew it would only be a matter of time until that stupid boy messed up himself again. So, the tsunami aid relief work was a whole load of crock - packing relief items for those he probably deems "inferior." I distinctly remember his statement to his father concerning Chelsea - "She's not black or anything...". Now the Nazi costume: what a moron!

Regarding Harry allegedly disliking black women on a romantic level, how'd you find out that he actually said those words to his father (i.e. she's not black or anything)?

I've also noticed that many of the postings on this thread have "only" spoken about Jewish individuals as being the victims of Nazism in relation to the Holocaust (which is the mainstream belief within parts of the world). While many Jewish individuals were indeed brutally killed at the hands of this sick ideology, many non-Jews and/or individuals inclusive of other distinct groups were murdered as well including: gypsies, homosexuals and the handicapped. Lets also not forget that Hitler wanted a world filled with blond haired and blue eyed human beings, which meant that if he ever succeeded in creating "space to live" (lebensraum) within Germany and the rest of Europe, then he would have wanted to exterminate others who didn't fit his vision of the "perfect Aryan", including non-Caucasians on an ethnic level as well. The following groups on a continental (and ethnic within the continental) basis are examples of Hitler's version of non-Aryans: Africans, Middle Easterners, Central Asians, South Asians, Southeast Asians, South Americans etc. In other words, Hitler would have eventually attempted to wipe out the Black, Afghani and Malaysian races (to name a few) if he and his army were victorious during the Second World War.

Although Hitler didn't succeed in extending Fascism and Nazism outside of Europe (therefore he wasn't victorious in creating concentration camps for people within non-European nations), in the end I believe that Harry's costume is just as much an insult to non-Caucasians as it is to Jewish people (and off course gypsies, homosexuals and the handicapped). To me the swastika isn't just a symbol of those who were murdered in the name of Nazism during the Holocaust, but a connotation of the racist and prejudiced belief system behind the political ideology, which wanted to wipe out many different ethnic/distinct groups and not just one.

Just as someone else mentioned, I also believe that creating a "colonials and natives" themed party was an incredibly moronic and demeaning idea. I personally believe that whoever came up with the theme, as well as those who went along with it (attended the party) need a serious reality check and perhaps a bit of psychiatric help as well. If (and that is IF) individuals within the British royal family and their "clique" do indeed have superiority complexes due to the colour of their skin (as some non-Caucasians tend to have as well), I guess that they haven't yet realized that they're no longer the world power and that the US may indeed be preceded by China - a so-called oriental country - as the world leader within the next 30-60 years. The British Empire (Britain btw was itself once occupied and/or colonized by Romans and Germans) lasted for only about 200 years while many Middle Eastern and Indian (for example) lasted for hundreds and even thousands of more. Its my belief that all human beings are equal, regardless of gender, class, ethnicity, culture etc. and that more so-called celebrity role-models should be promoting that ideology, rather than putting it at jeopardy. I wonder what Princess Diana, who btw dated men of Pakistani and Egyptian descent, would've thought of the theme of the party as well as Harry's actions. She probably would've been pretty disappointed.

In my dream I saw a tree: green, bright, vast, of indescribable beauty; and on this tree were three kinds of fruit, such as I had never seen among all the fruits of this world. Red, white, and yellow; they shone like globes and living suns ~ Rabia of Basra * Let the beauty we love be what we do ~ Rumi *

MuslimHeritage.com :: Rumi's Poetry :: Ancient Civilizations
Old 01-14-2005, 09:33 PM
Nobility

This whole saga appears to be getting worse by the day. According to others who attended the party Harry's swastika wasn't the only offensive spectacle on display. The "Natives and Colonial" theme inspired some guests to blacken their faces like minstrels and William and Harry's close friend Guy Pelly came dressed as the Queen. Not only that but according to one female present, " Guy was pure caberet, his impressions of the Queen were hysterical and far from being offended Will and Harry were bent double with laughter. Will even got up on stage with Guy and began doing his own impersonation of her. No one was offended by anything. All the criticism is political correctness gone mad". Make of this what you will.

Old 01-14-2005, 11:16 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovy_bear
Regarding Harry allegedly disliking black women on a romantic level, how'd you find out that he actually said those words to his father (i.e. she's not black or anything)?

Here you go. This article was printed in the Guardian (U.K.) on January 5, 2005. I posted a link to the article in the previous Harry thread. Here is the original link as posted in the thread, I'm not sure if the article is still available. Harry's comment has also been mentioned in a number of editorials since the Nazi costume incident:

Charles, prince of the prudes

Ben Summerskill
Wednesday January 5, 2005
The Guardian

"She's not black or anything, you know." Prince Harry explained the other day, answering an inquiry about his nascent relationship with Zimbabwean heiress Chelsy Davy. I'm sure the news made no difference to Harry's papa, who has invited Chelsy to Highgrove for the weekend next month.

Here's the rest of the article:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/g2/story/...1383309,00.html
Old 01-14-2005, 11:17 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by james
This whole saga appears to be getting worse by the day. According to others who attended the party Harry's swastika wasn't the only offensive spectacle on display. The "Natives and Colonial" theme inspired some guests to blacken their faces like minstrels and William and Harry's close friend Guy Pelly came dressed as the Queen. Not only that but according to one female present, " Guy was pure caberet, his impressions of the Queen were hysterical and far from being offended Will and Harry were bent double with laughter. Will even got up on stage with Guy and began doing his own impersonation of her. No one was offended by anything. All the criticism is political correctness gone mad". Make of this what you will.
They seem to have no respect for their elders. I can't wait for them to have children of their own.
Old 01-14-2005, 11:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly9480
The Ministry of Defense said that Harry would still be allowed a place at Sandhurst. They haven't said anything to contradict that statement since then.
Ok. Thanks. I didn't really believe what I posted earlier.
Old 01-14-2005, 11:21 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly9480
The Ministry of Defense said that Harry would still be allowed a place at Sandhurst. They haven't said anything to contradict that statement since then.
May God help the British Army.
Old 01-14-2005, 11:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Do you not want Harry in the army?
Old 01-15-2005, 12:10 AM
Royal Highness

At this point I don't think that Harry is mentally fit to join the army. There are apparently alot of things(ie WWII history) that he has not learnt yet......
Old 01-15-2005, 12:22 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Here you go. This article was printed in the Guardian (U.K.) on January 5, 2005. I posted a link to the article in the previous Harry thread. Here is the original link as posted in the thread, I'm not sure if the article is still available. Harry's comment has also been mentioned in a number of editorials since the Nazi costume incident:

Charles, prince of the prudes

Ben Summerskill
Wednesday January 5, 2005
The Guardian

"She's not black or anything, you know." Prince Harry explained the other day, answering an inquiry about his nascent relationship with Zimbabwean heiress Chelsy Davy. I'm sure the news made no difference to Harry's papa, who has invited Chelsy to Highgrove for the weekend next month.

Here's the rest of the article:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/g2/story/...1383309,00.html
Now...I just have one thing to say...I'm sure there wasn't a need for the "She's not black or anything" comment. The media isn't stupid. They know that there are whites living in Africa, and have been since Africa was first colonized. I'm also sure if the media needed to know what race she was, they could have researched it and found out.
Old 01-15-2005, 12:38 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaggleofcrazypeople
Do you not want Harry in the army?
It's a scary thought at this point. He's proven himself unfit to lead. He doesn't seem to respect himself, given his antics - how could he lead others? They wouldn't have any respect for him. He's earned a lifetime membership with Club Moron.
Old 01-15-2005, 01:38 AM
Nobility

I think it will be a rude awakening for him when he arrives at andhurst, and, frankly, I think a few weeks of sheer hell will give Harry exactly what he needs. In the words of a proverb in my family, "a good kick in the pants never harmed anyone."
Old 01-15-2005, 04:14 PM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Quote:
Just as someone else mentioned, I also believe that creating a "colonials and natives" themed party was an incredibly moronic and demeaning idea. I personally believe that whoever came up with the theme, as well as those who went along with it (attended the party) need a serious reality check and perhaps a bit of psychiatric help as well. If (and that is IF) individuals within the British royal family and their "clique" do indeed have superiority complexes due to the colour of their skin (as some non-Caucasians tend to have as well), I guess that they haven't yet realized that they're no longer the world power and that the US may indeed be preceded by China - a so-called oriental country - as the world leader within the next 30-60 years. The British Empire (Britain btw was itself once occupied and/or colonized by Romans and Germans) lasted for only about 200 years while many Middle Eastern and Indian (for example) lasted for hundreds and even thousands of more. Its my belief that all human beings are equal, regardless of gender, class, ethnicity, culture etc. and that more so-called celebrity role-models should be promoting that ideology, rather than putting it at jeopardy. I wonder what Princess Diana, who btw dated men of Pakistani and Egyptian descent, would've thought of the theme of the party as well as Harry's actions. She probably would've been pretty disappointed.
Thank you and we must not forget that Britain colonized countries that had mainly white populations as well such as Ireland
Old 01-15-2005, 06:30 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Some say that Charles has not disciplined Harry enough. What goes around comes around. Charles complained that his parents were too tough on him - they set boundaries. But his parents's discipline kept him from doing what Harry has done. The Queen and P. Philip deserve more credit than they normally get for their parenting skills.
kinneret5764,
My thanks for posting this. I read through all the posts for far in this topic, luckily, otherwise I would have offered something on the same order myself.
Old 01-15-2005, 06:59 PM
Heir Apparent

From BBC NEWS:

Will Sandhurst sort out Prince Harry?

Prince Harry's Nazi fancy dress faux pas has led to suggestions that he is unfit to attend Sandhurst Royal Military Academy. But analyst Charles Heyman believes it is the right course of action to knock him into shape.

Shameful, foolish, insensitive - just some of the adjectives used to describe Prince Harry's party stunt, although more charitable observers dismissed the Nazi uniform as "a harmless prank".

When he joins Sandhurst in May, he will be wearing a British army uniform - a badge of honour - and expected to meet the high standards set by the military academy.

He won't be the first young man to be kicked into touch by a regime which prides itself on turning out first class officers fed a diet of strict discipline and carefully structured routine.

Senior defence analyst for Janes Consultancy Group and former army major Mr Heyman says: "At Sandhurst, Prince Harry will be watched all the time, 24 hours a day and get away with nothing.

"If you're told to appear at a certain time in certain dress, with certain weapons, then you do, or you are in trouble."

He will be scrutinised and assessed by some very tough military professionals who will come down hard on him if he messes up.

These people will become strong male role models for Prince Harry.

Mr Heyman says: "He is going to see some male role models who will shock him down to his very foundations.

"Sandhurst brings people down to size. It's a big reality check and the further up the pyramid you are, the bigger the shock.

"It will change him. I think he will mature quite quickly after 44 weeks at Sandhurst."

Grey man

Despite his royal status, Prince Harry will be treated no differently from his peers.

"They will not care that he is Prince Harry," says Mr Heyman.

"This will be the first time in his life that other people will tell him his fortune in no uncertain terms.

"This situation is unusual for most people, but a bit harder for him, compared to the average officer recruit."

Mr Heyman's advice on getting through Sandhurst is to be "a grey man" - that is, someone who doesn't attract attention.

He thinks Harry has a real problem here because of his status.

"To be a grey man, you try not to make any mistakes and try not to stick your head above the parapet, otherwise you're going to get picked on, he warns."

Prince Harry will be disciplined and if he doesn't do as he is told, he won't stand the course, Mr Heyman suggests.

At the age of 20, he will be one of the younger trainee officers at Sandhurst.

"He will have to bite his tongue quite a lot", says Mr Heyman.

"He will be allowed to make mistakes, but if he continues to make them, he'll be out on his ear."
Old 01-15-2005, 09:36 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennism
Thank you and we must not forget that Britain colonized countries that had mainly white populations as well such as Ireland
Hi there,

No prob and I am actually familiar with the fact that Ireland was also once a British colony, but when I wrote the following:

"If (and that is IF) individuals within the British royal family and their "clique" do indeed have superiority complexes due to the colour of their skin (as some non-Caucasians tend to have as well), I guess that they haven't yet realized that they're no longer the world power and that the US may indeed be preceded by China - a so-called oriental country - as the world leader within the next 30-60 years."

I was actually emphasizing on a prior comment that I had responded to in relation to how Harry had made the "she's not black or anything" statement. Harry's Nazi costume (consisting of the swastika) also held a racist and prejudiced connotation towards non-Caucasians (as well as individual Caucasians). I had also read somewhere on this thread that William had worn a lion skin costume to the party (which I'm assuming was probably in relation to individual ancient and/or present African natives on an ethnic basis). James' post (after my first message) even speaks of how individuals coloured their faces black for the party.

When I wrote the above paragraph in my last post, I wasn't trying to make it seem like the theme of the party was "only" offensive to non-whites or that some so-called coloured majority populated countries were the only ones once taken over by the British government. My point was that Harry's statement as well as both princes' costumes were "especially" demeaning towards non-white people, if you combine all of the three elements (now four) together. This makes me wonder whether or not individual members of the BRF including Harry and William and/or their friends, especially or specifically have something against "coloured people". Even though the ex-British empire did manage to take over individual majority white populated countries, because many African, Middle Eastern, South Asian and Southeast Asian regions were colonized by it as well (and by a few other European countries), British individuals (as well as European individuals) on an ethnic basis will always see "orientals" as more inferior to themselves, than individuals within their ex white majority populated colonies. Regardless, I should have made what I meant to say more clear in my last post.
In my dream I saw a tree: green, bright, vast, of indescribable beauty; and on this tree were three kinds of fruit, such as I had never seen among all the fruits of this world. Red, white, and yellow; they shone like globes and living suns ~ Rabia of Basra * Let the beauty we love be what we do ~ Rumi *

MuslimHeritage.com :: Rumi's Poetry :: Ancient Civilizations
Old 01-15-2005, 10:51 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Hi there,

No prob and I am actually familiar with the fact that Ireland was also once a British colony, but when I wrote the following:

"If (and that is IF) individuals within the British royal family and their "clique" do indeed have superiority complexes due to the colour of their skin (as some non-Caucasians tend to have as well), I guess that they haven't yet realized that they're no longer the world power and that the US may indeed be preceded by China - a so-called oriental country - as the world leader within the next 30-60 years."

I was actually emphasizing on a prior comment that I had responded to in relation to how Harry had made the "she's not black or anything" statement. Harry's Nazi costume (consisting of the swastika) also held a racist and prejudiced connotation towards non-Caucasians (as well as individual Caucasians). I had also read somewhere on this thread that William had worn a lion skin costume to the party (which I'm assuming was probably in relation to individual ancient and/or present African natives on an ethnic basis). James' post (after my first message) even speaks of how individuals coloured their faces black for the party.

When I wrote the above paragraph in my last post, I wasn't trying to make it seem like the theme of the party was "only" offensive to non-whites or that some so-called coloured majority populated countries were the only ones once taken over by the British government. My point was that Harry's statement as well as both princes' costumes were "especially" demeaning towards non-white people, if you combine all of the three elements (now four) together. This makes me wonder whether or not individual members of the BRF including Harry and William and/or their friends, especially or specifically have something against "coloured people". Even though the ex-British empire did manage to take over individual majority white populated countries, because many African, Middle Eastern, South Asian and Southeast Asian regions were colonized by it as well (and by a few other European countries), British individuals (as well as European individuals) on an ethnic basis will always see "orientals" as more inferior to themselves, than individuals within their ex white majority populated colonies. Regardless, I should have made what I meant to say more clear in my last post.
Whoever you are you rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-15-2005, 11:35 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Hi there,

I, too, would like to know what Harry and Wills think of 'coloured' ppl. BUt I think I know ho wthey feel about black women. Wills has a crush on Beyonce and HArry has a poster of HAlle Berry. I hope they do not have the historical perception of black women that many white men have had. If so then double shame on them.
Old 01-16-2005, 12:31 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reina
I, too, would like to know what Harry and Wills think of 'coloured' ppl. BUt I think I know ho wthey feel about black women. Wills has a crush on Beyonce and HArry has a poster of HAlle Berry. I hope they do not have the historical perception of black women that many white men have had. If so then double shame on them.
Reina, I couldn't have said this any better myself. There are still some who do have that same historical perception of black women, sadly even in the 21st century.
Old 01-16-2005, 12:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
It's a scary thought at this point. He's proven himself unfit to lead. He doesn't seem to respect himself, given his antics - how could he lead others? They wouldn't have any respect for him. He's earned a lifetime membership with Club Moron.
Reading this made me laugh at an otherwise somber moment.
Old 01-16-2005, 05:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reina
lets give harry a break, his remark to his father 'she is not black or anything' does not mean he would not be able to fall in love with a black woman.
He was pulling his fathers leg, because it would be a first within his family and probably raise an eyebrow.

By chance I just rented the comedy "Bollywood/Hollywood" and the grandmother of the male hero in the movie says to him: "don't you bring home a white women you want to marry" and at a certain point she says that all white women are whores. And it is funny too because it is so silly.

Tags
afrika korps uniform, costume party, prince harry