Prince Harry's Afrika Korps Costume: January 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
susanstotz said:
lets give harry a break, his remark to his father 'she is not black or anything' does not mean he would not be able to fall in love with a black woman.
He was pulling his fathers leg, because it would be a first within his family and probably raise an eyebrow.

By chance I just rented the comedy "Bollywood/Hollywood" and the grandmother of the male hero in the movie says to him: "don't you bring home a white women you want to marry" and at a certain point she says that all white women are whores. And it is funny too because it is so silly.
How do you know he was pulling his father's leg? maybe he was serious. We can never know.

lovy_bear said:
Hi there,

I was actually emphasizing on a prior comment that I had responded to in relation to how Harry had made the "she's not black or anything" statement. Harry's Nazi costume (consisting of the swastika) also held a racist and prejudiced connotation towards non-Caucasians (as well as individual Caucasians). I had also read somewhere on this thread that William had worn a lion skin costume to the party (which I'm assuming was probably in relation to individual ancient and/or present African natives on an ethnic basis). James' post (after my first message) even speaks of how individuals coloured their faces black for the party.
O, I see. I missed that quote. That´s not good either. Boo to Harry.

Reina said:
I, too, would like to know what Harry and Wills think of 'coloured' ppl. BUt I think I know ho wthey feel about black women. Wills has a crush on Beyonce and HArry has a poster of HAlle Berry. I hope they do not have the historical perception of black women that many white men have had. If so then double shame on them.
If both princes actually claim to like celebrities of African descent, this can only mean one of three things. (1) Their claim to like Beyonce and Halle is actually a cover-up for the truth, which is that they’re actually racist towards blacks and/or non-whites in general but don’t want to admit it. (2) Both Beyonce and Halle have light coloured skin tones (since Beyonce’s mother’s half or part Caucasian if I’m not mistaken and Halle’s mother’s fully Caucasian). During European and especially British governmental colonialism within certain parts of Africa, the Middle East and South Asia a few centuries ago, some colonizers flaunted the fallacious ideology that if you were white and/or had a lighter skin tone (but to a lesser degree if the latter), that you were both physically and mentally superior to darker skinned individuals within your region and perhaps other ones as well (this ideology unfortunately still remains hammered within the minds of individuals of the origins of the three regions mentioned above). So perhaps this could mean that William and Harry do really like black women, but only lighter skinned ones. (3) And off course it could be that they really do like black and/or non-white women (regardless of their skin tone), but are complete dud heads especially due to their decision to attend a party consisting of such an ignorant theme, as well as their choices of costume wear for the function. I personally think that they’re both either option #1 or #2.

susanstotz said:
lets give harry a break, his remark to his father 'she is not black or anything' does not mean he would not be able to fall in love with a black woman.
He was pulling his fathers leg, because it would be a first within his family and probably raise an eyebrow.
By chance I just rented the comedy "Bollywood/Hollywood" and the grandmother of the male hero in the movie says to him: "don't you bring home a white women you want to marry" and at a certain point she says that all white women are whores. And it is funny too because it is so silly.
Regarding Harry’s statement, either both Harry and his father are really racist towards blacks and Harry was simply assuring his father that his girlfriend isn’t black, Harry isn’t racist while his father is and was simply pointing out to Charles that his companion does “meet up to his expectations” on a racial level, or it very well could be that both Harry and Charles aren’t racist but Harry isn’t certain whether his father is or not (or perhaps “thinks” that he is) and was simply filling him in on the info regarding Chelsy’s ethnicity. It could also be that both aren’t racist but if Chelsy did happen to be black, that they might have seen it as a problem regarding negative so-called societal perceptions of a royal interracial romance or marriage, especially within Britain and/or the UK in general.

Regarding Bollywood Hollywood (I also saw the film a couple of years ago), I think that the whole point of the first part of the film (as well as the director’s goal) was to show how there’s ignorance as well as racial stereotyping, on the part of individuals within all different ethnicities, cultures and religions and not just one (i.e. its not always white individuals who are racist towards all or some non-whites, since it could very well be and sometimes very much is the other way around).

P.S. Sorry I wrote a lot ... :eek:

Last edited:
susanstotz said:

To be honest susan, Harry's preference in women is his choice, and none of us can be angry about that, but the problems I have with the comment is that it wasn't necessary to point out that she isn't black or anything...I think many people would have assumed she was white anyhow. Also it wasn't necessary that this comment be printed in the paper for the world to read.

Last edited:
I do believe it was very offensive to many people, but I mean we know how much of a wild child Harry is. I mean you can never predict what is to come next out of him. I also don't think that it was a HUGE thing. It was just clothes. This is my personal opinion of course.

Easy for you to say. I guess since your ancestors dwere not tortured/killed in the Holocaust or that you may not receive the prejudice and biases that black ppl get. Yes that is so easy for you and others to say who don't and fail to learn what others have gone through and the improtance of learning from history.

Princesswapl444 said:
I do believe it was very offensive to many people, but I mean we know how much of a wild child Harry is. I mean you can never predict what is to come next out of him. I also don't think that it was a HUGE thing. It was just clothes. This is my personal opinion of course.
:( :eek: :(

I DID HEAR THE OTHER DAY THAT HARRY IS JAMES HEWITS SON :confused: THIS INFO COME FROM A FRIEND OF MINE AT THE BOWLS CLUB, AND HE IS VERY CLEVER, HE DRIVES A BMW CAR !

SO IF HARRY HAS HEARED OR FOUND OUT THIS NEWS, HE IS MAD GOING TO BE A LITTLE MAD AND PERHAPS A LITTLE CRAZZY TO FIND THIS OUT!

COS THE OTHER WEEK HE WAS FIGHTING CAMERA MEN, I AM SHOCKED TOO HEARING THIS STORY, SO I GUESS HE WILL BE EVEN MORE ANNOYED TO FIND THIS OUT :eek:

NOW THAT I THINK ABOUT IT HEWITS GINGER HAIR, HARRY HAS GINGER HAIR, DIANNA WENT WITH HEWIT, IT ALL MAKES SENCE :eek:

Joe Public said:

I DID HEAR THE OTHER DAY THAT HARRY IS JAMES HEWITS SON :confused: THIS INFO COME FROM A FRIEND OF MINE AT THE BOWLS CLUB, AND HE IS VERY CLEVER, HE DRIVES A BMW CAR !

SO IF HARRY HAS HEARED OR FOUND OUT THIS NEWS, HE IS MAD GOING TO BE A LITTLE MAD AND PERHAPS A LITTLE CRAZZY TO FIND THIS OUT!

COS THE OTHER WEEK HE WAS FIGHTING CAMERA MEN, I AM SHOCKED TOO HEARING THIS STORY, SO I GUESS HE WILL BE EVEN MORE ANNOYED TO FIND THIS OUT :eek:

NOW THAT I THINK ABOUT IT HEWITS GINGER HAIR, HARRY HAS GINGER HAIR, DIANNA WENT WITH HEWIT, IT ALL MAKES SENCE :eek:

Who is James Hewit?

Joe Public said:

I too feel he is James Hewitt's spawn however, since Charles has chosen to call Harry his own son, we all have to refer to him as "Harry Windsor" not "Harry Hewitt". He looks so much like James Hewitt it's unbelievable.

sommone said:
Who is James Hewit?
James Hewitt was an equestrian rider whom Diana had an affair with, and which taped converstions were exposed by the British media.

While the rumour that James is Harry's father it is just that: a rumour. When this story was circulated the first time, some newspapers also put side by side pictures of Harry's uncle, Diana's brother, Earl Charles Spencer at a young age and Harry actually resembles his uncle quite a bit. Other than the red hair, I don't think Harry looks like James Hewitt at all. If Harry had brown or blonde hair would these rumours still be circulation?

Oh myGod, ...so many hypocrites?

Oh myGod!
Big problem from a ...zero! who of us the hero?:(
We saw a dressing, a nazi dressing, a party nazi dressing, a prince's party nazi dressing and stopped to this!
A like nazi dressing used sixxxxttttyyyy--fffiiivvveee yyyeeeaaarrrsss ago:confused:. Ohhh what EXCELLENTLY!!!:rolleyes:.
And now open our hearts in low-spiritedness!!! And we are writing ..............
And we are Knowing, very well, how difficult is the life of R.F. members: Who?,when?Where?, How? what? speak, write, play, dance, dress eh, eh...:eek: .
Who of us has his eyes open when .... Goverments, Organisations, Official services, Companies, persons, country-policies etc following nazism practices 24h/per day in the world in TVnews?:mad:
What are we doing? .......a big NOTHING!!
As if we are little .......... hypocrites?

I am sorry! I am sorry! Perhaps to be wrong!:cool:

You have a point. There are more serious situations with Nazism that is going on in teh world in front of our very eyes. Anit-semitism is on the rise and so many ppl are against Israel :(. Indeed no one is perfect-not even the BRF members-and we oursleves are not perfect. Thanks for your point.

Alexandria said:
James Hewitt was an equestrian rider whom Diana had an affair with, and which taped converstions were exposed by the British media.

While the rumour that James is Harry's father it is just that: a rumour. When this story was circulated the first time, some newspapers also put side by side pictures of Harry's uncle, Diana's brother, Earl Charles Spencer at a young age and Harry actually resembles his uncle quite a bit. Other than the red hair, I don't think Harry looks like James Hewitt at all. If Harry had brown or blonde hair would these rumours still be circulation?

Thanks Alexandria. I just read about their affair, and the article said that Prince Harry was born in 1984. The affair suppose to have began in 1986.

Perhaps you're forgetting that most of Diana's family also has ginger hair. Harry resembles his aunt Sarah more closeley than he resembles Diana, Charles, or James Hewitt.

sommone said:
Thanks Alexandria. I just read about their affair, and the article said that Prince Harry was born in 1984. The affair suppose to have began in 1986.
Well, I didn't remember the date part -- so I guess that's an answer for the rumours huh? Kind of hard for Harry to be James' son if he and Diana didn't have an affair with until two years after Harry's birth!

Thanks for the info sommone.

To be honest susan, Harry's preference in women is his choice, and none of us can be angry about that, but the problems I have with the comment is that it wasn't necessary to point out that she isn't black or anything...
Do we know he actually said this, or is it just yet another of those reports from "sources close to the royal family" which can mean anything from a royal him/herself to pure fabrication?

Elspeth said:
Do we know he actually said this, or is it just yet another of those reports from "sources close to the royal family" which can mean anything from a royal him/herself to pure fabrication?

Actually, I just went back and re read the article that a member posted, and it didn't say anything about it being reported by a source close to the family. It gave me the impression that Harry said it himself. Go figure.

Last edited:
I did hear from a friend of mine who works at my local bank, a very nice man, who also drives a bmw car, blue i think ;)

and he said to this lady, (i could hear cos i moved closer) that Charles only slept with diana once, so knowing Harry was not his, gathered round all the kings horses and all the kings men:eek:
and made a story up, and payed money of couse (you all remember James Hewitt losing £50,000 cash from his car).

of couse what would be said if it came out about this, Harry would be a Bastard son who is 3rd in line to the throne !

why would james Hewitt have £50,000 in the first place and why would it be in cash in his car, its all very strange to me !

and remember the buttler that got gay raped, that was all hussed up, you can not have smoke with out a fire, unless u pay a lot of money, say £50,000 for starters:eek:

I think there are two main points to consider in relation to the previous posts. The first is that whether or not William and Harry are attracted to Beyonce etc is irrelevent. Many racist people ( whether their horrid opinions are directed at women of colour; jewish women; Irish, whatever ) will still find certain females attractive. Don't forget that slave owners often had black mistresses and that sexual abuse involving Jewish and Slavic women in German concentration camps was common place. I know that such examples are very dramatic in relation to the Princes but I am merely trying to demonstrate that finding certain people sexually attractive dosn't necessarily mean that the same people would find them socially acceptable as partners. I don't know how the boys feel about this but certainly Harry's comment to his father about Chelsy "not being black or anything" would suggest that a black partner would not be something desirable either to him or his father.

Secondly, I have had my own suspicions regarding Harry's paternity years before it ever came into question in the media. Four things in particular have led me to think that he is Hewitt's son. Firstly, apart from his red hair (a common Spencer trait ) his facial features, especially his thin toothy smile, are the image of Hewitt. Secondly, the so-called "Royal experts" who maintain that Diana's affair with Hewitt began when Harry was two years old are the same people who didn't even now the Wales' marraige was in trouble until the Morton book came out ( remember all of those sickly sweet reports on the marraige throughout the 1980's) so what do they know? Thirdly, if he is truly Charles' son why would the Prince of Wales not take action on these reports. I know the Royals can't sue on everything but one would think that as a father such reports would infuriate him. As my own mother has said " If we were a famous family and the papers even hinted that you were not your father's son I would do a DNA test, publish the results and dare any individual to question the results under the threat of suing them out of business". These reports are so hurtful to Harry and damaging to the Royals that I can't understand why Charles does nothing. What is he afraid of? Lastly, a friend of Harry's who actually gave his name at the time, though I can't remember it now, was quoted in the British "Daily Mail" two years ago as saying ( I am paraphrasing as I don't remember the exact quote) " Harry knows that our parents ( the parents of his friends who are the inner circle of the British upper classes and were privy to the activities in the Wales' marraige before the press found out) have filled us in on his parentage but it's not discussed. He won't talk about it and we don't mention it."

Last edited:
In regards to your 1st pt-That is why Harry saying that 'she's not black or anything' is especially hurtful b/c we know that he or the family would not deem it suitable to go with a black girl. WHy does he have to lust after a black girl, but then suggest that he does not wan tto respectfully be with one. He has to be careful with what he says cuz it hurts many ppl, esp. his subjects. Also this is not a good ex. to others.

Your second pt.-I have also been questionable about Harry's paternity. But I hope that if he is not Charles' son that it will never come out. Life for him would be unbearable and I don't wish that on anyone.

Last edited:
james said:
I don't know how the boys feel about this but certainly Harry's comment to his father about Chelsy "not being black or anything" would suggest that a black partner would not be something desirable either to him or his father.
Exactly! I have to definitely agree with you here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with you Reina.The damage done by constant reports about Harry possibly being Hewitt's son is nothing to the damage it would cause to both him and the Monarchy if it were revealed to be true. This is why I think that Charles refuses to meet the issue head on.

Reina said:
Your second pt.-I have also been questionable about Harry's paternity. But I hope that if he is not Charles' son that it will never come out. Life for him would be unbearable and I don't wish that on anyone.
Me personally would be relieved to hear Charles is not my dad, not too keen to here Hewitt is my dad either,
but considering 1 has bad taste in women, fancy leaving Dianna, what a nut, and talking to plants, its no wonder Dianna did wot she did,
but getting pregnant very very naughty of her, which Harry will just have to live with but at least charles is not pushing him away and dis owning him, so Harry needs to think about what he is doing more, royle or not royle,

P.S. if you want to feel sorry for some one feel sorry for the jews because i do, WATCH TV OR READ A BOOK, THE JEWS WENT THOUGH WORSE THAN U CAN EVEN DREAM, let us never for get that !

I don't know how the boys feel about this but certainly Harry's comment to his father about Chelsy "not being black or anything" would suggest that a black partner would not be something desirable either to him or his father.
Until we have some sort of confirmation that he actually said it, I think this would be better referred to as Harry's alleged comment. Unless an eyewitness was reporting verbatim what had happened, it's just as likely that this comment originated in the imagination of a third party.

Elspeth said:
Until we have some sort of confirmation that he actually said it, I think this would be better referred to as Harry's alleged comment. Unless an eyewitness was reporting verbatim what had happened, it's just as likely that this comment originated in the imagination of a third party.

Confirmation from who? Harry? The royal court? LOL...There won't be one. Who's going to admit that they actually said it, and to the media of all people? It's bad enought being there in print. I've had my say on the whole incident though...both of them, and in my opinion, neither was acceptable.

I don't blame Diana (again if it really is true) for saying in the Morton book that is wasn't true. Charles and herself made such a hash of their marraige that it would be so cruel on an innocent child to have revealed he was someone else's son. I don't condone Harry over the Nazi thing and all that but both children have had such a rotten time. Diana and Charles should have had their heads banged together years ago.

Confirmation from who? Harry? The royal court? LOL...There won't be one.
Then it's an alleged statement, not a confirmed one. It sounds as though someone at the wedding of Lady Tamara Grosvenor talked to the press, and there's no way of knowing who it was or what their motive was.

When all is said and done I don't think taking Harry to a concentration camp is necessary. Of course it was a tasteless costume but I think he is well aware ( and was before he wore it) of the concentration camps and the horrors involved. The shop where he hired it from obviously saw it as valid fancy dress and he has saw it in the same way. There are many fancy dress stores who stock similar uniforms and I think the issue is whether they should continue to do so. It was awful what happened under the Nazi regime but there are many people who have suffered under other military regimes whose uniforms are deemed acceptable. The British army, for example, commited terrible atrocities in Northern Ireland as early as the late 1970's and 1980's and yet some people argue that Harry has de-barred himself from wearing a uniform steeped in respectability an opinion which I for one find laughable if it wasn't so serious. Similarly I suppose many Israeli Arabs, after all they have suffered, would have been deeply offended if he had worn an Israeli uniform. Perhaps it is time that all military clothing was disregarded as fancy dress.

It's something very different to wear a swastika than to wear an Israeli uniform. The swastika is a symbol of intolerance and death and genocide and for it to be worn by someone representing a country as visibly as Prince Harry is intolerable. It would do him a great deal of good if he was forced to become more mature and realize he isn't going to be allowed to act like some self-indulgent little brat for the rest of his life. I think a trip to Auschwitz with the spotlight of the world's media on him would do this better than anything else. If he's embarassed by the attention, wonderful; maybe he'll think twice the next time he does something so foolish and stupid as wearing a symbol of genocide and racism to a birthday party.

Well there are a great many people who would not see any difference in a Nazi uniform to many others. We should take into account the horrible experiences of everyone brutalised by military regimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom