Prince Harry: Visit to New York, USA - June 25-27, 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lumutqueen

Imperial Majesty
City
Middlewich
Country
United Kingdom
The Prince of Wales - Prince Harry to visit New York in support of military veterans and Sentebale, 25 - 27th June 2010

Prince Harry is to make a three-day visit to New York where he will visit a number of military and veterans organisations to explore ideas about how British and American veterans charities might work together to support returning wounded Servicemen and women on both sides of the Atlantic. The Prince will also take part in the Veuve Clicquot Polo Classic in support of American Friends of Sentebale, the US branch of the charity of which Prince Harry is Patron.

This will be his second visit to NYC. It's going to be a busy month for Harry!

Hmmm....perhaps I shall make a jaunt to NY.

Ooh, and I live in NYC! Maybe I can catch a glimpse of him!

Hey, you two should go to NYC and then report your experience back to us. It'd be nice to hear about it. :flowers:

I live semi-close to the city, maybe Ill make it down there as well! Im excited he's making another trip to NY. He's sure going to get his miles in this month.

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: Prince Harry set for US mission in aid of wounded Afghanistan troops

PRINCE Harry is to go to New York on a mission to improve treatment for British and American troops wounded in Afghanistan.
The third-in-line to the throne will visit military and veterans’ organisations on a fact-finding tour designed to explore how UK and US charities can work together and learn from each other to help severely wounded servicemen and women.

After seeing the photos of William and Harry in Africa, it's too bad William isn't going with him to NY to play polo too. They look like they have such a good time together.

I wonder if this will be an annual trip for Harry? I remember he visited last year around the same time too. Maybe next year William and they'll play on the same polo team or against each other- little brotherly competition.

It would be nice if Harry can squeeze in a trip to Veterans in California, maybe next year. But I am thrilled to see him connect to his American counterparts and especially to the disabled. I think TRF should think about a "TRF Friends of Sentebale." Maybe Harry would play some polo for us. :lol:

I just heard that he will be throwing the first pitch at the Mets game! Not a big baseball fan but I might tune in! A friend of mine also wants to take a trip to the Gov. Island to watch the polo match... I might tag along just to see if he's really as dashing in real life as he is in the magazines!

The Associated Press: Harry starts US trip with a bang at West Point

Prince Harry showed he knows his way around a rifle as he joined cadets in training at the storied military grounds Friday at the start of his three-day visit to New York.

Harry, third in line to the British throne, arrived by helicopter just after 1:30 p.m., uniformed in camouflage. He hopped on the back of a Humvee, swapped his light blue beret for a helmet and headed out for live-fire exercises on the firing range and field exercises in nearby woods.

Boy, Prince Henry is packing a lot of public appearance for charities while he is off from military training. When does the prince start his training and how long will it be?
I have mixed views on Prince Henry going to Afghanistan after he is finished with his helicopter training. I hope he has a military career that is fulfilling, but safe from terrorist that would just love to ransom him or worst. :ermm:

Nice pics of him throwing a pitch

I have a confession everyone:

I will be at Prince Harry's polo match tomorrow. As a freelance video producer, I will be one of the media there. I covered the event last year and have been given a chance to do it again this year. :flowers:

I'm looking forward to it, but it might rain so that has me concerned.

Ooo, hope you have fun and great some great video. Will you be able to share some of the video with us?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure, as soon as I could I'll post it.

I like the Gucci-esque loafers with the pitch! :ROFLMAO:

That made me laugh. Its like, for once, protocol says sneakers are okay and even prefered so you don't mess up the mound. Take advantage of that!

^^ :lol:

What a wonderful thing for Harry to get to throw the first pitch at a Mets game! I'm sure he'll treasure that moment forever.

Lol you can take the prince out of the palace but you can't take the palace out of the prince! He looks like he really enjoyed it and I wish he and William would get the chance to come together.

He actually had good form on that pitch. I think he should have worn jeans and sneakers, but that's not really a big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom