Prince Harry: Visit to Estonia and Italy - May 16-19, 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder why Harry always seems to bust out a uniform when he is on tour. Not that I'm complaining. I don't remember William putting on a uniform other than a Flight Suit for the waterbirding in PEI while on tour.

If you read about the reason for this visit and the program you may be able to figure it out.

He could of wore a suit. His brother and Kate honored the sacrifice of the military of NZ and Australia who also fought with the British on their tour including on Anzac Day. They also left wreaths at a British war cemetery in Singapore and Canada's war memorial in Ottawa. He wore suits.

Charles has wore uniforms on tours when he has a tie to people he is meeting such as RNZAF where he holds a honorary position. However, both William and Harry have no outside the UK military position. It just caught my eye that Harry has wore a uniform on every foreign tour but his brother who can wear 2 more branches of service than his brother has not wore a uniform on tour other than to fly a Sea King.

Prince William was not on an exclusive military tour. Prince Harry is.

All I can say about today´s photos: dapper and dashing!

Personal tour guides are so cool. In the US at Gettysburg National Park (site of the 3 day Civil War battle that turned the war, killed too many brave souls in ill thought or ill executed strategy, but let soldiers display mad bravery), you can hire a tested interpreter to ride in your car or walk a battlefield and tell you whatever details you want to learn. So you can say and learn about:

• horses on the field
  • unit leadership
  • high command (positioning or leadership or strategy or whatever)
  • munitions
  • supply
  • etc. - you get the drift - these people are fountains of understanding about the battle.
Harry looks just like I do when I hire an interpreter at Gettysburg. Full of questions and unrequited understanding. Harry has a brain on him - it's just not the same focus most of us share.

:previous: I couldn't agree more. I wonder why, against all evidence to the contrary, normaly intelligent people buy in to malicious tripe pedaled by the likes of the Daily Mail presenting Harry as vacuous and not the sharpest knife in the drawer. Worse, that he is innately shallow and with few redeeming qualities except of course, he looks good in uniform. :bang:

:previous: I couldn't agree more. I wonder why, against all evidence to the contrary, normaly intelligent people buy in to malicious tripe pedaled by the likes of the Daily Mail presenting Harry as vacuous and not the sharpest knife in the drawer. Worse, that he is innately shallow and with few redeeming qualities except of course, he looks good in uniform. :bang:

Cos they play "Good Cop, Bad Cop". They said all that when William was the well-behaved star and Harry was being (its true) laddish and sometimes tackless.

Now of course he has 2 tours of duty under his belt, well-regarded militarily, he's maturing etc. William is still "in transition" so maybe Harry is now the "Good Cop". UK press just love him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom