Prince Harry: Official Visit to Denmark - October 25-26, 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

eya

Imperial Majesty
City
-
Country
Greece
Kensington Palace‏ @KensingtonRoyal 26

Prince Harry will undertake a two day visit to Copenhagen, Denmark on the 25th and 26th October.

"KENSINGTON PALACE
PRINCE HARRY WILL VISIT COPENHAGEN
Prince Harry will undertake a two-day visit to Copenhagen, Denmark on 25th and 26th October. This visit is at the request of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
The two-day programme will focus on the young people of Copenhagen. His Royal Highness is looking forward to spending time with entrepreneurs, young community leaders, and meeting individuals who are using sports for social development.
Prince Harry's first official visit to Denmark will include an audience with Her Majesty The Queen, and an opportunity to meet veterans, including some of the recently returned Danish Invictus Games team. His Royal Highness will also attend a reception hosted by Her Majesty's Ambassador to Denmark.
Full details of this visit will be announced in due course."

Last edited:
I suspect this may have been part of the trip that William and Catherine were supposed to undertake to Scandinavia in the autumn.

The Cambridges visit was announced for being in November.

I suspect this may have been part of the trip that William and Catherine were supposed to undertake to Scandinavia in the autumn.

Harry's visit also was planned and announced.

I'm sure Harry's visit to Copenhagen will be a successful one. It will be nice to see Harry meeting with Queen "Daisy" Margrethe. I wonder if Granny will give Harry some stories about her own friendship with Margrethe. Both Harry and Margrethe have a wonderful outlook on life so I think the meeting will be quite a nice one. :D

Fingers crossed that he'll be taking a plus one who's making her first trip abroad as a royal fiancee :flowers:

So two of my favourite royals are to meet officially! I think that will be a very happy meeting and visit. Doubt if Meghan will be there, however. Fiancees just don't go on these official visits.

Last edited:
I don't see Meghan going at all either. She won't accompany Harry on any kind of an official visit until after marriage.

There's a big difference between appearing together in public and what would be "tagging along" with Harry on an official event representing his monarch. It just isn't done.

I'm sure Harry's visit to Copenhagen will be a successful one. It will be nice to see Harry meeting with Queen "Daisy" Margrethe. I wonder if Granny will give Harry some stories about her own friendship with Margrethe. Both Harry and Margrethe have a wonderful outlook on life so I think the meeting will be quite a nice one. :D

I agree - it will be nice to see the Queen and the Prince interacting together - something makes me think these 2 will hit it off!
(I know they'll have met before on occasion, but more focus on them this time)

Fabulous and my favorite queen meets my red head prince, this is going to be such a wonderful meeting of two that are very much alike in mind and spirit.

Interesting - it will be great to see Harry with the DRF. I can imagine him getting along quite nicely with CP Frederik.

I wonder if Denmark is considering hosting an Invictus Games?

It is a distinct possibility from what I've seen. The Invictus Games seem to be gaining more and more momentum each year they're held. Harry is going to be meeting with the returning Invictus team from Denmark so we know that they're participating.

I don't think though that Harry will be meeting with the entire DRF. He'll be meeting Queen "Daisy" for a bit. She's also scheduled to be off and running on her own trip starting the second day that Harry is there. I'm just happy these two have a time to spend together. :D

Fingers crossed that he'll be taking a plus one who's making her first trip abroad as a royal fiancee :flowers:

Not only do fiances not go on tours, but she is still filming until end of November.

Interesting to see if perhaps Denmark is up for consideration for hosting Invictus. Look forward to the trip.

Kensington Palace‏ @KensingtonRoyal 26

Prince Harry will undertake a two day visit to Copenhagen, Denmark on the 25th and 26th October.

"KENSINGTON PALACE
PRINCE HARRY WILL VISIT COPENHAGEN
Prince Harry will undertake a two-day visit to Copenhagen, Denmark on 25th and 26th October. This visit is at the request of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
The two-day programme will focus on the young people of Copenhagen. His Royal Highness is looking forward to spending time with entrepreneurs, young community leaders, and meeting individuals who are using sports for social development.
Prince Harry's first official visit to Denmark will include an audience with Her Majesty The Queen, and an opportunity to meet veterans, including some of the recently returned Danish Invictus Games team. His Royal Highness will also attend a reception hosted by Her Majesty's Ambassador to Denmark.
Full details of this visit will be announced in due course."

Should we assume William's and Kate's Scandinavian tour has been called off and Harry is filling in for them ?

Whatever tour The Cambridges undertake is going to be in November. That was the announcement a few weeks ago. Harry in October and The Cambridges in November.

Should we assume William's and Kate's Scandinavian tour has been called off and Harry is filling in for them ?

No. Two days in the same city is not really a tour. More like a visit. Plus the Cambridges's tour is for November. Even if somehow Catherine can't go. William would just go by himself like he did went he went to Japan and China

And in addition to what Rudolph and Skippyboo wrote, remember what William said when he talked to some norwegians during a garden party at BP in May: ''Hopefully we are going to Norway very soon, we are going to do a Scandinavian trip.''

See it here:
Shows exterior shots Prince William, Duke of Cambridge, talking to... Stock Footage Video | Getty Images

And if the Cambridge tour in November will be to the Scandinavian countries, then I think it's a very rich and extremely beautiful little country in the north who stands outside the EU who will be the main target of this charm offensive by the British government.

What is the purpose of Harry's trip to Denmark? Why do they call Margrethe Daisy? And when is his next engagement once he comes back from Denmark?

What is the purpose of Harry's trip to Denmark? Why do they call Margrethe Daisy? And when is his next engagement once he comes back from Denmark?

1) Soft diplomacy because of Brexit-good will tour.
2) Nickname-the flower marguerite is daisy in English
3) ?--Also, sometimes for security reason, certain engagements are not announced very far in advance.

Also, Queen Margrethe is very, very fond of daisies herself. She wears a brooch inherited from her mother. It is said that "She knows the history of her collection and, as the De Kongelige Juveler documentary demonstrates, she can easily recall the stories behind each item in it. Today's piece, her daisy brooch, is one of the most sentimental of her jewels, with connections to her mother and her maternal grandmother."

Scriptgirl, if you haven't had any previous information on Denmark and its Queen, I think you are going to be in for a treat. Especially if its raining and the Queen gets to wear her favorite raincoat and carry her daisy umbrella. :D

IMO, Queen Margrethe and Harry together is going to be a meeting of two people that really have a zest for life. Looking forward to following this visit of Harry's to Denmark.

Queen Margrethe's Daisy Brooch | The Court Jeweller

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Royal Outfit of the Day: Queen Margrethe and her Raincoat at the Danish Summer Photocall

Queen Margrethe was named after her grandmother Margaret, the Crown Princess of Sweden. She was a daughter of Arthur Duke of Connaught, the third son of Queen Victoria, and was known as Daisy to her relatives. She died young.

from the DRF calendar

25 October 2017
H.M. The queen receives HRH Prince Harry in Audience. Christian IX's Palace, Amalienborg, at. 14.00.

26 October 2017
HRH Prince Joachim participates with HRH Prince Harry meeting Danish participants in Invictus Games. Svanemøllens Kaserne, Ryvangs Allé 1, Copenhagen Ø, kl. 10:30.

Repeating Curryong's post:

PRINCE HARRY TO VISIT COPENHAGEN: UPDATE

Prince Harry will undertake a two-day visit to Copenhagen, Denmark, on Wednesday 25th and Thursday 26th October. This visit is at the request of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office.

This will be His Royal Highness’s first official visit to Denmark, and Prince Harry is looking forward to meeting the people of Copenhagen. In particular he will spend time with young Danes making a real difference in fields including business, sports and social development, and His Royal Highness will have an opportunity to meet veterans including the recently returned Danish Invictus Games team.

On arrival in Copenhagen, in the early afternoon of 25th October, Prince Harry will visit Amalienborg for an audience with Her Majesty Queen Margrethe II of Denmark.

After this, His Royal Highness will travel across the city to KPH Projects. Based in a regenerated area of Copenhagen, this organisation acts as a community for innovative start-ups and small growing businesses, which all have a shared focus to improve society by working with social, cultural or environmental objectives. Each business supports and collaborates with one another across a huge variety of sectors and while here Prince Harry will meet with the KPH founders, and entrepreneurs.

Nearby are the headquarters of GAME, an NGO with a mission to create lasting social change through youth-led street sports and culture, which Prince Harry will visit. He will meet young volunteers known as ‘Playmakers’ who are encouraged to take a role as peer educators, and leaders of activities for youth including those from less advantaged neighbourhoods.

His Royal Highness will hear about these programmes and view activities including basketball, parkour, and dance classes, before hearing from young people for whom GAME has become an important part of their lives.

That evening His Royal Highness will attend a reception hosted by Her Majesty’s Ambassador to Denmark at the famous Tivoli Gardens. Located in central Copenhagen, Tivoli is one of the world’s oldest amusement parks, first opening in 1843. Prince Harry will meet a selection of Danish figures from the worlds of sport, business, politics, arts and culture at this event, which will close the day’s engagements.

On Thursday morning His Royal Highness will start the day with a visit to a Danish bakery, where he will meet with volunteers and service users from a nationwide campaign designed to improve attitudes towards mental health. The ‘One of Us’ programme builds awareness of mental health while simultaneously reducing the stigma associated with it, and been successfully rolled out across schools, workplaces and elsewhere in Denmark.

The second engagement of the day, just outside the city centre, where Prince Harry will be joined by Prince Joachim, will see Their Royal Highnesses visiting a project which supports veterans of the Danish Armed Forces. Prince Harry will learn about the origins of the initiative which uses sports and teamwork to help rehabilitate wounded soldiers and watch demonstrations of the most popular activities. The event will conclude with a reception attended by some of the recently returned Invictus Games competitors who have also benefitted from this project.

His Royal Highness’s last stop of the day will be Ørestad Gymnasium, which is part of a global network of changemaker schools, with partners in the UK. Prince Harry will join the school as it holds a conference on the importance of 'Making a Difference’, and His Royal Highness will join individual sessions and workshops to hear from young people sharing ideas and best practices related to solving issues facing their generation.

On the occasion of Harry's visit to DK, the public service network TV2 is here portraying Harry in a very flattering, yet factual, article here: Prins Harry på charmetur i Danmark: Skal møde kongehus og soldater, men han nævner ikke ’B-ordet’ - TV 2

I haven't got time to translate, even though it from a British perspective may be worth a read, simply to get a foreign and pretty unbiased view of Harry.

I'll say in general Harry has got a good press here in DK, especially in the way he has matured since his service in Afghanistan and his involvements with veterans and the Invictus Games.
Wounded veterans here in DK, are as a part of their therapy actively encouraged to take up sports and many of them go pretty far in that respect.
I think it's safe to predict that Harry will get a very good and positive coverage while here in DK.

Back
Top Bottom