Prince Harry: Tour of Belize, Jamaica, the Bahamas and Brazil - March 2-11, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I must admit, I've been slightly annoyed at comments from people when Harry was dancing with the locals in Caribbean, saying that he's so like his mother. Charles has shown himself to be very happy to join in with a bit of dancing and partaking of the local culture.

Even relatively recently in Brazil

I think in the recent years we have seen Charles really loosen up and get into things. I think Harry (and William) inherited good things from both their parents, not just their mother or father alone.

I must admit, I've been slightly annoyed at comments from people when Harry was dancing with the locals in Caribbean, saying that he's so like his mother. Charles has shown himself to be very happy to join in with a bit of dancing and partaking of the local culture.

Even relatively recently in Brazil

Hear, hear! While I love Diana, the constant "thank you, Diana" comments get on my nerves; you'd think that William and Harry's father - the man who has been their sole parent for more than half of their lives - has nothing to do with them.
It's quite annoying, especially since Harry in particular resembles Charles so much more than his mother, from appearance to mannerism.

I definitely would like to thank Diana and Charles. They both have instilled wonderful qualities in these boys(yes I still refer to them as boys) They are both great assets to the monarchy.

Robert Jobson ‏ @theroyaleditor Another great snap of Superstar Royal Prince Harry in Brazil. Tomorrow he is playing in a charity polo match. Top man. pic.twitter.com/NKPBikom
Robert Jobson ‏ @theroyaleditor Lovely picture of super ambassador Prince Harry. He has done his Queen & country proud. pic.twitter.com/kscZjuTj

So this afternoon Harry will take part in a community visit. And later tonight he will epart for Sao Paolo State ahead of the final engagement of the tour, which will be the Sentebale Polo Cup on Sunday 11th March. The match will be held in the municipality of Campinas at a private polo ground. This will be the third Sentebale Polo Cup and, as always, is designed to raise money and awareness for Sentebale’s activities helping orphans and vulnerable children in Lesotho. Prince Harry will play for the Sentebale Team and will deliver a speech at a post-match lunch. The engagement will end mid-afternoon and that will mark the end of Prince Harry’s official visit to Brazil. He will then will then spend a couple of days in the interior of the country, where he will use the time privately to further his knowledge of and interest in conservation and the natural world, which is one of the three pillars of the Foundation. Following Harry's return from Brazil to the United Kingdom, he will be straight back to work at Wattisham with the Army Air Corps.

Last edited:
Harry hits the beach: Action man prince plays volleyball in Brazil after running Sport Relief Mile wearing a mask of brother William

Prince Harry's first foreign tour saw him today playing beach volleyball in Rio de Janeiro, having a game of beach rugby and running a mile for charity - wearing a mask of his brother. Harry was at the Great Sports Day on the city's stunning Flamengo Beach organised by the British Government to showcase the best this country has to offer. Of his three activities, it was his game of beach volleyball that - for obvious reasons - garnered most attention.

I LOVE this picture! :D

:previous:

LOL! He really has a good sense of humor, hasn't he? I don't know where he got it from, but sometimes he reminds me a bit of his paternal grandfather. Might be just because of the physical resemblances, who knows...

I do love the pictures of Harry in the DM article. He's so great with children. I think, if he wasn't born royal, he would have made a great kindergarten teacher or something similar.

Prince Harry is playing a polo match this morning (post 127 in this thread shows the venue)
and will finish his official duties with a speech during lunch. After that he will enjoy 2 days privately. Speculation among Brazilian press is that he will spend some time in Pantanal (post 123 for some info about the region).
As a Brazilian I can say he was a huge success here. He looked interested, caring, charming and energetic. I am sure that he put the UK on a large number of prospective tourists and businessmans' minds. It was a wise move the Government took sending him here. Brazil is now the 6th biggest economy power in the world and still growing, is very close to Argentina (although Brazil will not support any kind of war- pro or against Argentina, our country might be a good mediator if need be), although it still has a lot to do on how better distribute its wealth among their people. Sometimes we only see the shinning aspect of things but you rest assured that his visit to Brazil had a hundred other different reasons as well than just marketing UK and promoting honorauble and much needed charitable work .

Harry ready for charity polo match - World News, Breaking News - Herald.ie

Last edited:
Prince Harry Visits Brazil

Prince Harry Visits Brazil - Pictures - Zimbio

Prince Harry In Brazil - Pictures - Zimbio

Prince Harry Visits Brazil - Day Two

Prince Harry Visits Brazil - Day Two - Pictures - Zimbio

Prince Harry takes part in a race in Flamengo park, Rio de Janeiro

Prince Harry takes part in a race in Flamengo park, Rio de Janeiro - Pictures - Zimbio

Prince Harry Plays Rugby in Brazil

Prince Harry Plays Rugby in Brazil - Pictures - Zimbio

Prince Harry attends a game of beach volleyball in Flamengo Park, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Prince Harry attends a game of beach volleyball in Flamengo Park, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil - Pictures - Zimbio

Prince Harry attends a ceremony of medals to children and athletes in Flamengo

Prince Harry attends a ceremony of medals to children and athletes in Flamengo - Pictures - Zimbio

Prince Harry plays cricket with local kids in Brazil

Prince Harry plays cricket with local kids in Brazil - Pictures - Zimbio

Samba, beach volleyball, racing ...Prince Harry's trip to Rio de Janeiro

http://www.hola.com/noticias-de-actualidad/10-03-2012/90144/casasreales/

http://translate.google.com.tr/translate?sl=es&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=tr&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hola.com%2Fnoticias-de-actualidad%2F10-03-2012%2F90144%2Fcasasreales%2F&act=url

http://www.purepeople.com/article/p...t-volley-sous-le-chaud-soleil-de-rio_a97330/1

Last edited:
In the Sunday Times today, the Secretary of State for Media, Culture and Sport, Jeremy Hunt, who has been in Brazil also, is quoted as saying that Prince Harry is 'worth 1,000 politicians'.

Imagine the UK were a republic and we'd sent some vice president or secretary of state on this type of visit. It doesn't bear comparison.

I agree completely with Jeremy Hunt.
As for Britain being a republic - I don't even want to think about the possibility. The country would lose a lot of its charm were it to become another presidential state.

Harry has a ball in Brazil: Rugby, volleyball and a fond salute to his big brother as Prince takes charm offensive to the beach
It's possibly not the first time that a game of beach volleyball has raised Prince Harry’s pulse rate.
But yesterday, the sport got the 27-yearold hot and sweaty when he took part in a spirited game in the 88F (31C) heat of Rio de Janeiro. After diving and lunging across the sands of Copacabana beach in his yellow and green Brazilian shirt, Harry declared this was ‘my kind of game’ – even though he admitted it left him exhausted.
Prince Harry drove a horse carriage as he arrived for the Sentebale Royal Salute Polo Cup 2012 at a farm in Campinas March 11, 2012. Also in the carriage was Kedge Martin, the CEO of Sentebale. The 2012 Sentebale Royal Salute Polo Cup closes Prince Harry's Official Tour of Brazil. Sentebale was founded by Prince Harry and Prince Seeiso in response to the plight of the neediest and most vulnerable of Lesotho's children.
Harry is in Brazil at the request of the British government on a trip to promote ties and emphasize the transition from the upcoming 2012 London Games to the 2016 Olympics in Rio de Janeiro.

- Harry in a carriage
- Harry driving the carriage
- Harry with Kedge Martin

- Harry warming up before the match
- Harry during the match
- Harry playing polo

- Harry playing cricket earlier in the day
- Harry playing cricket during a community visit

Harry looked terrific, but I have to say the white horses were absolutely beautiful - magnificent creatures!

Last edited:
20 min ago Prince Harry's team was winning 2x0 when the paquistani player Bash Kazi who was playing against the prince's team fell out his horse. Harry was the first person to help him. I am glad to say that the players is ok and the game is going on.

Simon Perry ‏ @SPerryPeoplemag Prince Harry at the controls. Arriving for @Sentebale_ Polo Cup, Brazil yfrog.com/ocgk1nkj
polo cup match is going to begin soon.
Simon Perry ‏ @SPerryPeoplemag Harry gives two thumbs up to the crowd after getting kisses from Brazil's Top Model Presenter at @Sentebale_ polo prize-giving

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ur-Queens-behalf-Brazilian-charity-match.html

Last edited:

Harry looked terrific, but I have to say the white horses were absolutely beautiful - magnificent creatures!

Harry played taco, which is similar to cricket, yesterday afternoon in Rio, while visiting a slum.

Today - now - he is in a private club, hotel and golf-course - Haras Larissa - in Mont-Mor, a city close to Campinas, in the state of São Paulo, 100 km from São Paulo City.

After he finishes the match, there is going to be a lunch for 250 guests paying U$ 1,000 each. At night there will be a dinner and a charity auction. It has been rumored that he will also party at a fancy night club in São Paulo called Numero. It has been said also that he will spend the night at Haras Larissa before going to Pantanal.

Pictures of Prince Harry playing polo. The last one shows the accident with a fellow player
http://noticias.r7.com/internaciona...cipe-harry-em-monte-mor-20120311-1.html#fotos

Last edited:
Thanks for the updates, cmbruno! It's really appreciated. :flowers:
Congratulations to Harry's team; the Prince is a very sporty person, isn't he? All those games he played... I actually lost track of them. :cool:

Last edited:
Thanks for the updates, cmbruno! It's really appreciated. :flowers:
Congratulations to Harry's team; the Prince is a very sporty person, isn't he? All those games he played... I actually lost track of them. :cool:

He is the real deal!

Scroll down a bit and you will see the Prince beeing kissed by model Fernanda Motta wihile receiving his trophy, By the way, she is married :ROFLMAO:
EGO - Príncipe Harry disputa partida de polo em haras no interior de São Paulo - notícias de Famosos

Harry helping fellow player http://revistaquem.globo.com/Revista/Quem/foto/0,,66163036,00.jpg

Last edited:
In the Sunday Times today, the Secretary of State for Media, Culture and Sport, Jeremy Hunt, who has been in Brazil also, is quoted as saying that Prince Harry is 'worth 1,000 politicians'.

Imagine the UK were a republic and we'd sent some vice president or secretary of state on this type of visit. It doesn't bear comparison.

I agree wholeheartedly. I hope Britain never becomes a republic, because then so much of its' charm and culture would be lost. It won't be what it is today, and that's not a good thing.

I agree completely with Jeremy Hunt.
As for Britain being a republic - I don't even want to think about the possibility. The country would lose a lot of its charm were it to become another presidential state.

I'm with you here.

Harry has a ball in Brazil: Rugby, volleyball and a fond salute to his big brother as Prince takes charm offensive to the beach
Prince Harry drove a horse carriage as he arrived for the Sentebale Royal Salute Polo Cup 2012 at a farm in Campinas March 11, 2012. Also in the carriage was Kedge Martin, the CEO of Sentebale. The 2012 Sentebale Royal Salute Polo Cup closes Prince Harry's Official Tour of Brazil. Sentebale was founded by Prince Harry and Prince Seeiso in response to the plight of the neediest and most vulnerable of Lesotho's children.
Harry is in Brazil at the request of the British government on a trip to promote ties and emphasize the transition from the upcoming 2012 London Games to the 2016 Olympics in Rio de Janeiro.

- Harry in a carriage
- Harry driving the carriage
- Harry with Kedge Martin

- Harry warming up before the match
- Harry during the match
- Harry playing polo

Thank you so much for all the pictures. Harry's tour was a great success, and I hope that those who underestimated him before will be able to see what a great young man he is, and how much he does for his country and family.

Thanks to everyone helping with updates cause my internet is acting funny the past 2 days so I'm not able to access the net as much.

Harry speaks about the Late Princess of Wales
Paul Harrison ‏ @SkyNewsRoyal #royal #Harry explains to lunch at polo he set Sentebale charity up to keep the embers of his mother memory alive
Thought this was cute
phil dampier ‏ @phildampier #harry Harry playing polo in Sentebale Cup in Brazil. Then home and doubtless an early call or message from a delighted and proud Queen.
And that's a wrap!!!

Rebecca English ‏ @RE_DailyMail Prince Harry's remarkable first tour now ended.Sources say he's touched by warmth of public response.Hopes people have seen the real prince.
Arthur Edwards ‏ @ArthurJEdwards Harrys tour is over. He was kissed at the Polo by a supermodel he gave it thumbs up. It rates in the top 5 of the 200 royal tours I've done
Robert Jobson ‏ @theroyaleditor #royal Prince Harry's kiss with Brazilian model came as his first tour on behalf of the Queen came to a successful end.
#royal Prince Harry looked out of breath when he planted a kiss on brunette Fernand Motta after playing polo at end of his royal tours.

Sealed with a kiss: Harry ends first tour on Queen's behalf on a high by impressing Brazil's high society and kissing a model at polo match | Mail Online

Last edited:
Thanks to everyone helping with updates cause my internet is acting funny the past 2 days so I'm not able to access the net as much.

Harry speaks about the Late Princess of Wales
Thought this was cute
And that's a wrap!!!

Sealed with a kiss: Harry ends first tour on Queen's behalf on a high by impressing Brazil's high society and kissing a model at polo match | Mail Online

Thank you for your twitter updates ghostnight, I always struggle to find them myself. :flowers:

The dailymail article is favourable to Harry and it is well deserved. It is a shame the tour was so short, it would be lovely to see him in this capacity more often. :flowers:

Your welcome Lumutqueen! Your right it was such a great tour, shoulda been longer!

Some closing comments
Robert Jobson ‏ @theroyaleditor #royal Prince Harry will stay on in Brazil privately for a few days to learn about wetland conservation — an issue backed by his Foundation.
Robert Jobson ‏ @theroyaleditor #royal Jeremy Hunt, Culture Sec. who accompanied Prince Harry on several events in Rio, described his impact as "electrifying".
Robert Jobson ‏ @theroyaleditor #royal Prince Harry went to private reception at the Haras Larissa hotel before arriving on the polo field driving a horse-drawn carriage.
#royal Prince Harry says his charity with Sentebale is a way of following in his mother's footsteps and "keeping her legacy alive"
Robert Jobson ‏ @theroyaleditor #royal Prince Harry spoke with passion after charity playing polo. He sd: "The most important thing to me is the kids." pic.twitter.com/snM3Mk8g
#royal Cream of Brazilian society flew into San Paulo, Brazil, to watch Prince Harry play polo to raise money for his charity, Sentebale.
Paul Harrison ‏ @SkyNewsRoyal #Harry #royal my final report on Prince's tour - at the polo + interview. news.sky.com/home/world-new…
Sooo sweet!
Rebecca English ‏ @RE_DailyMail #prince #harry calls Duchess of Cambridge his sister says but she doesn't give him fashion advice.Those blue suede shoes were all his own!
Simon Perry ‏ @SPerryPeoplemag Prince Harry: My Family Is Quite Funny -- Behind Closed Doors people.com/people/article…
Rebecca English ‏ @RE_DailyMail #prince #harry reveals he's elated by huge success of his first royal tour but insists military career comes first see dailymail.co.uk
https://twitter.com/#!/RE_DailyMail
Rebecca English ‏ @RE_DailyMail Prince Harry sweetly says he was choked by the love and admiration shown to his grandma in #belize #jamaica #bahamas and vows to return
And with that I'm off to do some homework. I'll see you guys on Thursday for Kate's next public appearance with the Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall.

Last edited:
Well, I think it is safe to say Prince Harry's trip was a winning success! Thanks to all who posted great updates & photos!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom