Prince Harry: Tour of Belize, Jamaica, the Bahamas and Brazil - March 2-11, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you all for the updates and pics. Harry looks like he is enjoying himself and is doing a great job. He is also looking quite dashing on this tour!

does anyone know if harry has a date for returning to the war zone yet if so send reply to mrroyalist hya im new on this site anyone wanna be in a group with me

Chantal1922 said:

Well Usain let him win more like. Harry is really coming into his own, he's a credit to his father and grandmother. Plus he's lucky! I know it's for an official trip but The Bahamas, Jamaica, Brazil and Belize have to be the best places to go.

The day Flash Harry beat Usain Bolt in 100m sprint: Royal takes gold in race in Jamaica (with a little help from his opponent)

One is the fasted man in the world, the other is only flash when it comes to showing off his dance moves while on one his many night club jaunts. Yet Prince Harry managed to outsprint Usain Bolt – or at least the champion allowed the royal to win – after the pair raced in Jamaica. Harry got into the blocks next to the 100 metre world record holder when they met at a stadium in the capital Kingston.

LOVE the pictures in the article:
I'm the champion of the world! :D
Usain Bolt makes his trademark celebration - with a little help

Day 4 of the tour:
Richard Palmer ‏ @RoyalReporter
Prince Harry, awarded an honorary degree by the University of the West Indies, has been boasting in a speech of beating Usain Bolt.
Max Foster ‏ @MaxFosterCNN
Prince Harry: I was being put through my paces by the world's fastest star - who I beat, by the way.
Paul Harrison ‏ @SkyNewsRoyal #royal #Harry presented with a t-shirt "Harry can bolt" - here's the proof pic.twitter.com/olPIcsyZ
Clarence House ‏ @ClarenceHouse Prince Harry at the University of the West Indies, which has given him an honorary fellowship: "I thank you from the bottom of my heart."
Clarence House ‏ @ClarenceHouse Running shoes at the ready! @UsainBolt prepares to give Prince Harry a coaching session on the track #Jamaica via fro.gy/1tj1j
Max Foster ‏ @MaxFosterCNN When someone said Usain Bolt looked a bit scared, Pr Harry responded: "Its because I am sitting right here"
Paul Harrison ‏ @SkyNewsRoyal
#royal #Harry "you guys are definitely beating us - the way the world is going now, it's great to get kids involved"
#royal #Harry "I'm not directly involved in organising the Olympics as who knows what would happen!"
#royal #Harry says "I was in my prime at 25" as he fears he might not win #Olympics
#royal #Harry Yohan Blake he looking forward to Bolt causing some damage at the olympics pic.twitter.com/SkY10Oqr
https://twitter.com/#!/SkyNewsRoyal#royal #Harry i just asked Usain Bolt if he was going to let Harry win "I don't think so" he replied pic.twitter.com/fvXJac4y

Last edited:
So from what I know this afternoon Prince Harry is having lunch with the Jamaican PM and an interview with the PM will follow afterwards on CNN Connect.
Richard Palmer ‏ @RoyalReporter Prince Harry has bought a stake in a racehorse named Usain Colt, it emerged today. He's joined the Birdcage Racing Club run by Ascot.
Max Foster ‏ @MaxFosterCNN Pr Harry on Bahamas: I loved every second of my time with you. My grandmother, The Queen, would have loved it too. Prince Harry on Belize: In only 23 hours, I feel as though I have seen so much of Belize through the thousands of people who lined the way
Paul Harrison ‏ @SkyNewsRoyal #Harry "I was so lucky to be able to visit a number of your beautiful islands" - says HRH (and see beautiful ladies too, no?) #royal #Harry's message to the Gov Gen of Bahamas: " I am truly sad to leave and can't thank you enough for such a memorable tour."

Last edited:
So from what I know this afternoon Prince Harry is having lunch with the Jamaican PM and an interview with the PM will follow afterwards on CNN Connect.

There was a visit to a childrens hospital just before lunch. Lunch is at Devon House. Following lunch, Prince Harry is going to the Queen Victoria Jubilee Hospital to unveil a statue to commemorate the Diamond Jubilee. The Prince will here briefly meet staff, including doctors and nurses. Last but not least we have a visit to Rise Life, an inspirational project for young people in one of the more deprived districts of Kingston.

Then we have the state dinner this evening.

The footage of Harry false starting and beating Usain Bolt was classic. Something he'll be able to boast about forever (while leaving out the whole cheating thing obviously) ;).

There was a visit to a childrens hospital just before lunch. Lunch is at Devon House. Following lunch, Prince Harry is going to the Queen Victoria Jubilee Hospital to unveil a statue to commemorate the Diamond Jubilee. The Prince will here briefly meet staff, including doctors and nurses. Last but not least we have a visit to Rise Life, an inspirational project for young people in one of the more deprived districts of Kingston.

Then we have the state dinner this evening.
Was it a private visit cause from what I can see no pics have been released as of yet and I haven't heard anything about it and what happened.

New article: Jamaican Prime Minister wants Britain to apologise for 'wicked and brutal' slavery during Prince Harry's visits | Mail Online

Was it a private visit cause from what I can see no pics have been released as of yet and I haven't heard anything about it and what happened.

Nope. It was announced in the press release with no mention of it being a private event.

Strange I haven't read anything about it yet nor have I seen any pics. Well hopefully we'll see some eventually.

ETA: found one!
http://i44.tinypic.com/25aqalw.jpg

Hookway here's what they said over lunch
Jamaican PM: He's (Harry) very nice, very very nice a wonderful person and just like his grandmother her majesty when she came and visited. She's so warm we are all in love with her and his father, they are all very warm. From slavery to our emancipation and then add our suffrage to our independence this is just another phase in political history Its no disrespect to Her Majesty, we love her she's a wonderful person and anyhow we will be member of the commonwealth
Max Foster ‏ @MaxFosterCNN Jamaican PM and Prince Harry did not discuss Jamaica being a republic over lunch
Max Foster ‏ @MaxFosterCNN Mrs. Marley gifted Prince Harry 'a scarf which had belonged to her and Bob Marley and they used on tour during seven years'. 'Prince Harry was deeply touched by Mrs. Marley's kindness and generosity.'

So I dunno if there's more happening today or if everything is done with for today but tomorrow Harry ends up in Montego Bay and then on to Brazil.

Last edited:
I normally don't like making a separate post if I can edit my original one but I thought this should be the exception. Ok so um DEAD at the pictures over at newscom of Harry with the kids at the hospital. Just got to newscom.com and type in Prince Harry as of right now they're on the first and second page.

Link:http://www.newscom.com/nc/clearOpenSearch.action and type in prince harry

so far nothing from the second hospital visit so I'm assuming that's later this afternoon.

Last edited:
So I dunno if there's more happening today or if everything is done with for today but tomorrow Harry ends up in Montego Bay and then on to Brazil.

We've still got a statue unveiling, a visit to Rise Life and a state dinner.

Tomorrow we have an early breakfast with officers of the Jamaican Defence Force at Up Park Camp in Kingston.

Engagement 2 - Then the Prince is put through his paces with the JDF soldiers for three noisy and familiar activities: a Close-Quarter Battle simulator; then a 30-metre range – where The Prince will live fire with other JDF soldiers; and lastly a rapel tower, from which The Prince is likely to hurl himself off, abseiling, accompanied by JDF soldiers.

Engagement 3 - Harry then boards a helicopter at the base to travel to Falmouth on the north coast of Jamaica. The Prince will board a tourist ‘train’ – which runs on the road – to view the newly built quay designed to host the world’s largest cruise liners, before travelling on the same train into the historic town. The Prince’s first stop is at the William Knibb Memorial Church. William Knibb was a 19th century Baptist minister who fought hard throughout his life for the emancipation of Jamaican slaves. At the church, The Prince will lay a flower at William Knibb’s memorial in an act of homage to the great emancipator and in an act of remembrance for the wrongs of slavery.
The Prince’s second stop is at St. Peter’s, a beautiful Anglican church which is a famous landmark in the city. At the church, The Prince hopes to be given the opportunity to re-start its historic tower clocks – if it’s ready in time.

Engagement 4 - Prince Harry then travels to Good Hope Great House, one of the beautiful plantation houses in Jamaica – now a hotel and tourist destination.

Engagement 5 - Prince Harry will travel by boat to the Sandals Royal Caribbean hotel in Montego Bay, where he will attend a reception on an island just inside the reef. The reception is being hosted by the Jamaican Government in honour of its thriving tourist industry and Montego Bay communities.

This marks the end of Prince Harry touring on behalf of The Queen for Diamond Jubilee. Harry is visiting Brazil on behalf of the British Government – to help support the UK’s interests in the region – and also in support of his own charitable activities and interests.

Last edited:
Yeah I dunno the whole tour off by heart but I'm just posting what the journalists are posting. So yeah like I said tomorrow we have Harry going to Montego Bay and then after he's done there he's off to Brazil. Obvs he has to finish his work in Jamaica first which will be tomorrow morning/afternoon

Ok so this is cool
https://twitter.com/#!/RE_DailyMail
Rebecca English ‏ @RE_DailyMail Bob Marley's widow Rita has just told me that Prince Harry was born in 'one love'. 'He is a gift from God, a kindred spirit.He is one of us'

He also met up with Gary Barlow today

thought this was a neat article: http://www.jis.gov.jm/news/opm-news/29983-prince-receives-awards-from-uwi

Last edited:
I'm just wild about Harry! he is doing so well on his first solo tour. My favorite quote so far has to be before the race with Bolt

from the Telegraph:

Before the race, the Prince took part in an impromptu question and answer session with athletes hoping to make the Jamaican Olympic team, which will be selected in June.
The Jamaican sprinters hooted with laughter when the Prince asked his own question: Who is the biggest threat to the Jamaicans in Team GB?
He added: “Who in the British team is going to beat this man here?” The Jamaicans, diplomatically, declined to answer.
Aides had cautiously decided the Prince should not make a speech or answer any questions at the event, but in Jamaica's typically informal atmosphere, he found himself doing exactly that.

He said: "I was told I wasn't allowed to talk and no-one would ask questions, so this is going quite well."

how can you not love this man. :D

I cannot keep up today at all
Arthur Edwards ‏ @ArthurJEdwards Prince Harry dances with a gorgeous Jamaican girl during a visit to RISE a youth community centre in Kingston. Also met Gary Barlow
Robert Jobson ‏ @theroyaleditor #royal @timewartitv on @itvnews says Prince Harry shows Jamaican people being British and Royal does not mean standing on ceremony.#royal @itvnews @timewartitv says Prince Harry's "hamming it up" for the cameras will not sway republican sentiment on Jamaica.
Richard Palmer ‏ @RoyalReporter Prince Harry says he is "deeply touched" after Bob Marley's widow Rita gave him one of the reggae singer's scarves today.
georgina brewer ‏ @Georginaitv #Harry's reggae dancing looked good to me but his Jamaican dancing partner was less impressed '7.5' she said! #jamaica
Prince Harry's Personal Message to Belize

http://www.ambergristoday.com/content/stories/2012/march/06/prince-harrys-personal-message-belize

He also met up with Gary Barlow today

thought this was a neat article: Prince Receives Awards from UWI

Isn't Gary involved in a Jubilee concert of some form? That would have been a good conversation, I can imagine Harry giving him a long list of performers he wants. :)

Also; I don't know the tour off by heart I got that off the press release, but I thought it would be handy to know his itinerary for tomorrow before hand.

Isn't Gary involved in a Jubilee concert of some form? That would have been a good conversation, I can imagine Harry giving him a long list of performers he wants. :)

Also; I don't know the tour off by heart I got that off the press release, but I thought it would be handy to know his itinerary for tomorrow before hand.

Yeah he is involved with the Jubilee concert. I'd love to have been a fly on the wall during that conversation!:lol: I too can imagine Harry all of a sudden bringing out a long list of performers and being like " Here Gary this is for you can you start calling them up for me?"

Oh yes thanks for posting the detailed itinerary it was quite helpful. :flowers: I had no idea he had that much to do tomorrow! Busy guy! So looks like right now he's at the RISE youth community centre.

Pics from Rise Life
Photo from Reuters Pictures
prince harry - News, photos, topics, and quotes
and there's some on newscom.com

FINALLY! found one of him at Victoria Jubilee Hospital
LiveStush.com's Photo | Lockerz
Now pics of the the visit to Victoria Jubilee Hospital are up on newscom.com

Article: Barlow asks Prince Harry for a song
Barlow asks Prince Harry for a song - Yahoo! New Zealand News
Gary Barlow asks Prince Harry to perform on Jubilee song - 3am & Mirror Online
Prince Harry dances in Jamaica as part of the Diamond Jubilee tour | Mail Online

Last edited:
Prince Harry Look Very Nice In Suit , Nice Pictures Thanx For All

From tonight's state dinner
georgina brewer ‏ @Georginaitv
'Every little ting gonna be alright' Harry tells dignitaries in his main speech of the tour #harry #jamaica
Max Foster ‏ @MaxFosterCNN
Prince Harry: Sorry that she (Queen) can't be here, so you're stuck with me, but don't worry, cos every liddle ting gonna be aright
Get your tissues out my god especially the end I didn't know Diana was supposed to go there(in the coming weeks/months) after she came back from Paris

You will see your mother again, Bob Marley's widow tells Prince Harry - Telegraph

Last edited:
Don't step on my blue suede shoes: Prince Harry gets down to Bob Marley in Jamaica wearing brightly-coloured desert boot
Prince Harry danced his socks off in blue suede shoes yesterday.
The prince was visiting the Rise Life project in downtown Kingston when he was pulled to his feet by attractive Chantol Dormer. The 27-year-old royal proved that, unlike most men, he had remarkably good rhythm as he gyrated to a rendition of reggae legend Bob Marley's One Love.
There is a video at the end of the article. Some pictures:
- Prince Harry is invited to dance (love the expression on his face)
- Prince Harry dancing
- Prince Harry with Bob Marley's widow

What's she doing there? Nancy Dell'Olio joins Prince Harry at Jamaican State Ball
During his tour of the Caribbean, Prince Harry has been showing off his dancing skills on more than one occasion.So perhaps that's what he was discussing when he bumped into recent Strictly Come Dancing contestant Nancy Dell'Olio at a State Dinner in Jamaica last night.

Last edited:
Thank you to ghost_night and Artemisia for providing the pictures and articles. Harry is doing a fabulous job, and I'm really enjoying his down-to-earth touch. He's not afraid to get into everything he's doing. I would bet that he's having a marvelous time.

A private visit? No pics?! There was hardly a royal trip that I could remember that has been so heavily reported about (daily TV coverage on CNN and the BBC, for instance) and where I´ve seen so many photos of like this one...!

Video from last night: Video: Prince Harry tells Jamaican PM 'every liddle ting's gonna be alright' - Telegraph

Rebecca English ‏ @RE_DailyMail
Prince harry gets a near perfect score at a firing range in Jamaica 39 out of 40! yfrog.com/kjucbcwj
https://twitter.com/#
https://twitter.com/#!/RE_DailyMail
https://twitter.com/#!/Georginaitv
georgina brewer ‏ @Georginaitv He's a good shot apparently. 3 shots to the chin. Harry seemed happy 'go see for yourself' he said yfrog.com/od3a3qoj
https://twitter.com/#!/SkyNewsRoyal
Peter Hunt ‏ @BBCPeterHunt Prince Harry to the media at a Jamaica army firing range: "anyone with a camera want to stand at the other end?"

georgina brewer ‏ @Georginaitv
'Good to see there aren't many people here' he jokes #harry #royal yfrog.com/oe146xtj
Richard Palmer ‏ @RoyalReporter
Prince Harry cancelled plans to abseil down a tower today out of respect for six soldiers killed in Afghanistan but he did do live firing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom