Prince Harry: Visit to the United States - May 9-15, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My niece works at the USOC Training Center where the Warrior Games were held. She was assigned the task of taking HRH Harry on a private tour of the different gyms and facilities at the center. She spoke personally to him all thru the tour. (His handlers & security walked behind them). She said he was so nice, polite & down to earth. He was genuinely interested in talking to & learning about the struggles of the wounded warriors & the paralympians who train at the center. She also thought he was really cute. :-D

^ Very good to hear!

I know that Harry has his "party prince" image but deep down somewhere he's an amazing guy who knows to make BRF and his country proud.

Last edited:
British Royals ‏@britishroyals 7m
LIVE STREAM: Prince Harry & David Cameron promoting GREAT Britain aboard London bus in NYC... http://reuters.livestation.com/demo

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 4m
Prince Harry and David Cameron arrive in New York on an iconic red double decker bus pic.twitter.com/90D5QkKIWW

Max Foster ‏@MaxFosterCNN 10m
Pr Harry soon to bat in a sport he doesn't play in front of the world's media, oh and his pitcher is NY Yankee Mark Teixeira #NoPressure

Last edited:
This is simply Harry at his best. - Brilliant at interacting with ordinary people.

I was at Seaside yesteday the crowd was in wonder of Prince Harry..it was so much fun although i could not get close enough to speak to him.. we were on the next block over infront of the rollercoaster...he was only there for 15 min.. i did get a sight of him infront of the Subway...lol..

British Royals ‏@britishroyals 1m
It's Prince Harry's final day in the US. He'll be playing polo for @Sentebale Royal Salute Polo Cup at Greenwich, CT. Sorry, invites only...

Live Coverage Video:
http://reuters.livestation.com/demo

Last edited:
255490_10200449376415365_889861379_n.jpg

Arthur Edwards ‏@ArthurJEdwards 19m
Sky Royal reporter Paul Harrison wearing red trousers at Polo club Greenwich Conn. waiting for Harry. Last day !! pic.twitter.com/O7dnVOQdb9

Charity Polo event gets underway around 3pm ET.

Last edited:
Back in his realm: Prince Harry winds down his U.S. tour with a $1 million charity polo match:
Prince Harry winds down his U.S. tour with a $1 million charity polo match | Mail Online

Robert Jobson ‏@theroyaleditor 4m
Prince Harry speech at polo fundraiser: "It just takes a single visit and you’re in love with Lesotho and its children."

Peter Hunt ‏@BBCPeterHunt 4m
Prince Harry in the US: "Thank you for a wonderful week. I have witnessed the extraordinary generosity of the people of this great Nation".

Robert Jobson ‏@theroyaleditor 12m
Prince Harry at @Sentebale polo fundraiser in Connecticut: "We are trying to remove the stigma of HIV/Aids amongst a generation."

Last edited:
I know that the BRF is popular here in the States and am used to seeing little bits of coverage on the major news stations such as Fox, CNN and such but I really had to laugh and smile wide when quite an extensive blip was shown on the Weather Channel today of Harry's visit to communities affected by Sandy in NJ.

He really is America's darling! :flowers:

We really do welcome the popular royals with open arms. Like other members of the royal family, Harry always seems to enjoy his time here.

Harry saddles up for America's first $1m polo match: Prince is guest of honor at lavish charity event in Connecticut:
Prince Harry winds down his U.S. tour with a $1 million charity polo match | Mail Online

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 34m
Harry's Sentebale team has beaten St Regis 4-3 in the polo here.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 25m
Prince Harry scored one of the goals in that 4-3 win. Originally, the commentator said someone else had scored.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 12m
Prince Harry and his teammates are receiving their prizes as winners. But the biggest prize is this match has raised $1m for Sentebale.

Last edited:
Prince Henry so very handsome in vist the United State of America and i think a hope that meet the president

We have a show here in the US called The Daily Show, hosted by Jon Stewart that did a piece yesterday on Prince Harry's visit.

If you have never seen The Daily Show, it is political satire - but very well informed political satire. Certain demographics admit, The Daily Show is the only place they bother to watch the news. Actually, the show does a great job of debunking a lot of straight US news and political hokum. It has won lots of awards and it makes me laugh. A lot.

Anyway - here is their take on the PM's visit here that coincided with Prince Harry wowing the crowds. There are few bleeps and some satire, but in general it is quite funny! Enjoy.

Prince Harry Visits America - The Daily Show with Jon Stewart - 05/14/13 - Video Clip | Comedy Central

We have a show here in the US called The Daily Show, hosted by Jon Stewart that did a piece yesterday on Prince Harry's visit.

If you have never seen The Daily Show, it is political satire - but very well informed political satire. Certain demographics admit, The Daily Show is the only place they bother to watch the news. Actually, the show does a great job of debunking a lot of straight US news and political hokum. It has won lots of awards and it makes me laugh. A lot.

Anyway - here is their take on the PM's visit here that coincided with Prince Harry wowing the crowds. There are few bleeps and some satire, but in general it is quite funny! Enjoy.

Prince Harry Visits America - The Daily Show with Jon Stewart - 05/14/13 - Video Clip | Comedy Central

I'm also a huge fan of The Daily Show and I got a laugh out of this too

Yes he (obama) can have a beer with Harry (Not that i don't want harry to met obama like most of his family has. i hope he does one day) and ignore doing his job like he always does. I think he going golfing tomorrow... Harry does more stuff then Obama does in a whole month. He did meet the First Lady.

The President of the United States and Prince Harry's job's are very different and the President's job is far more important, so you really can't compare the jobs.

I'm glad Harry got a chance to go to The White House, meet up with The First Lady again and meet some of the Military families.

I know they are different Obviously. What I meant was that the president take more vacations then any of the top royal family members in a year.

The President may take a vacation but he never stops being the President and can do his job from wherever he is in the world.

I think Harry's US Tour was a total success and I'm sure his family and friends back at home watched some of the coverage or at least the news on his visit. I think the young generation of British royals are doing a pretty good job on making an old institution cool and relevant in today's modern world.

I know they are different Obviously. What I meant was that the president take more vacations then any of the top royal family members in a year.

Look at the real statistics rather than the media outrage stories and you'll find the Obamas vacation far, far less than the previous administration and are right in line with most presidential families.

I'd venture to say the idea that the top royals take less vacation is also bogus, because of the royal family's annual retreat to Balmoral for a few months.

You are entitled to your own opinions, but not your own facts.

I think a big difference too between a US President and the British Royals is that one is very active in the governmental processes of his country and the royals are more of an apolitical nature and not involved with Parliamentary processes making it easier for HM to schedule her time away each year. It is true that wherever he goes, Obama is very much in touch with what is going on and knows that should something happen, he is on call 24/7.

It just boils down to that one takes time off when find a empty slot in their daily planner and one can reserve the time off each year. I know which one I'd prefer. :D

What I meant was that the president take more vacations then any of the top royal family members in a year.

LOL, don't make me laugh. As if the President is ever "on vacation." There is never a time in Barack Obama's life where he is not 5 seconds away from being informed of anything that is happening anywhere, at any time. He could be in the middle of a sound sleep at 3:30 a.m., and if something happens, you bet your sweet bippy his butt will get woken up and in a hurry. He may not always be chained to the Resolute desk in the Oval Office, but that doesn't mean he's not capable of responding immediately if the need arises.

The President, no matter who it is or what party he represents, is never "on vacation." Being President of the United States is more than just a job, it's your life, every day, for 4-8 years. He's President when he's sitting on the toilet, he's President when he's eating a hamburger, he's President when he's flossing his teeth.

Edit: To get back to the topic of this thread, as a New York Yankees fan, I have to admit to really enjoying seeing Harry with Mark Teixeira. His baseball form could use some work, but I'm glad he took the time to check out something that members of the team are pretty heavily involved in. It's always fun to see people go crazy when members of the BRF head over this yonder direction, since we don't have a royal family.....they're something of a fascination for us. It doesn't hurt that Harry is pretty easy on the eyes, either.

Last edited:
Look at the real statistics rather than the media outrage stories and you'll find the Obamas vacation far, far less than the previous administration and are right in line with most presidential families.

I'd venture to say the idea that the top royals take less vacation is also bogus, because of the royal family's annual retreat to Balmoral for a few months.

You are entitled to your own opinions, but not your own facts.

:hug: You put it very nicely, I just had to :noevil:I don't want to hurt their feelings. & This board is not place for that. I too was very happy with his trip. Very very successful, I love that he actually made the rounds & made it to many different places. Not to mention that this visit covered many different things ( The Vets, A Mother's day Tea, Damaged areas from Sandy, Playing Baseball in Harlem, & The Polo Match). I also, love the fact that he Never ever looks like he is going through the motions.

Love The Jon Stewart video, I love that show. Talk about hitting the nail on the head. I also really like English guy( Jon better watch out, Steven Colbert got his own show because he was that good. This guy could be right on his heels.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom