Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem as I see is for Harry to actually find someone. He's forever saying he wants a family, so he's ready it's finding someone to put up with tabloid gossip and attacks on her family.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, given Harry isn't even dating anyone, it will be years until he finds the one, let alone gets married.

On Harry's 40th birthday we'll be hearing about how he wants to have kids

Last edited:
Well, we'll see, won't we Rudolph. No-one has a crystal ball and can foresee the future. Not me and not you!

He will only be 32 years old this year. Just because William and Kate took nearly eight years to marry doesn't mean Harry will have a long engagement. There is nothing saying he couldn't meet someone and be married in the next few years. But as it has been said, no one has a crystal ball.

No but it's a relationship musings thread and I'm musing. All of the Queen's grandchildren were/are in long term relationships before marriage. Even Edward and Sophie took their time.

Any girl spotted on a casual date with Harry will be subjected to 'she's the one' headlines

And to be frank I don't exactly see women lining up to date the 'worlds most eligible bachelor'

Last edited:
Friends but not flatmates. They were in dorms until 2003, when they and 2 friends moved into a cottage. She was dating Rupert Finch at the time of the show. Rupert is now married to Lady Natasha Rufus Isaacs.

While it's true that that they moved into the cottage in 2003. The rest of the bolded isn't right. They were only required to be in the dorm their Freshman year. In 2002, at the start of their Sophomore year, William and Catherine and two other friends moved into their own flat. Hence becoming flatmates. Here's one of the articles from 2002 that talks about their new flat.

PRINCE WILLIAM AND FRIENDS MOVE INTO A FLAT OF THEIR OWN

He will only be 32 years old this year. Just because William and Kate took nearly eight years to marry doesn't mean Harry will have a long engagement. There is nothing saying he couldn't meet someone and be married in the next few years. But as it has been said, no one has a crystal ball.

The shortest courtship of HM's grandchildren is Peter Phillips who dated Autumn for 4 years before they got engaged. The rest much longer. Heck Beatrice is still in the middle of a 10-year courtship, and Eugenie is in a 6-year one.

Even if Harry were to fall in love tomorrow, I doubt he would marry until at least 2020, that's if he follows the Peter plan. Except The Queen might be more cautious about the 5th in-line than the 13th in-line.

Last edited:
Just because his cousins have waited longer to marry, doesn't mean Harry has to. For one, his cousins were all younger when they married. People in their early twenties are often less likely now a days to get married. Peter was 31 when he married (26 when he met Autumn). Zara was 30 when she married (22 when she met Mike).

I don't think it has anything to do with the queen being 'cautious' but more a personal choice. Someone in their 30's is far more likely to be ready to marry and have kids then someone in their twenties is (especially early twenties like Will and Zara). Bea and Eugenie are still in their twenties as well, just getting started in careers and private lives.

Last edited:
Just because his cousins have waited longer to marry, doesn't mean Harry has to. For one, his cousins were all younger when they married. People in their early twenties are often less likely now a days to get married. Peter was 31 when he married (26 when he met Autumn). Zara was 30 when she married (22 when she met Mike).

I don't think it has anything to do with the queen being 'cautious' but more a personal choice. Someone in their 30's is far more likely to be ready to marry and have kids then someone in their twenties is (especially early twenties like Will and Zara). Bea and Eugenie are still in their twenties as well, just getting started in careers and private lives.

That's true except you're only taking into account Harry's age, not his bride's. Harry has shown a tendency to date younger. The last few women Harry was linked to were contemporaries/friends of the Yorks. If 32-year-old Harry falls in-love with a 25-year-old friend of Eugenie, I can't see HM and Charles giving a green light to a short courtship. Heck, even Edward and Sophie who were much older when they got together had a long courtship, and Edward wasn't even 5th in-line at the time.

After what happened to Charles', Anne's, and Andrew's first marriages, gone are the days of whirlwind romances. I think HM has taken great effort into instilling "caution" with her grandkids.

Last edited:
That's true except you're only taking into account Harry's age, not his bride's. Harry has shown a tendency to date younger. The last few women Harry was linked to were contemporaries/friends of the Yorks. If 32-year-old Harry falls in-love with a 25-year-old friend of Eugenie, I can't see HM and Charles giving a green light to a short courtship. Heck, even Edward and Sophie who were much older when they got together had a long courtship, and Edward wasn't even 5th in-line at the time.

After what happened to Charles', Anne's, and Andrew's first marriages, gone are the days of whirlwind romances. I think HM has taken great effort into instilling "caution" with her grandkids.

Agreed. And considering the intense scrutiny and attention Harry's bride will get, I think a long relationship will give her a chance to decide if she can handle the spotlight and the job

Dating for two years is by no means a 'whirlwind romance'. Charles had practically an arranged marriage to a naïve 20 year old. Anne was 23. Andrew was 26. They were all quite young, or Charles' case, his wife was. Harry is certainly in a better place mentally and maturity wise.

Harry has had 2 confirmed girlfrinds. Chelsy who was his age, his long term girlfriend, and Cressida who is 27. He has gone for two ends of the spectrum (the law student who was his age and the dancer who was five years younger). There is not much to go off of what his next girlfriend will be.

The other end of the spectrum? Barely. Chelsy and Cressida are both wealthy, connected, educated and from the upper class. Not to mention they are both blonde, slim and party-loving. He has a type and as far as we know, has never been in a relationship with someone who didn't tick those boxes.

The other end of the spectrum would be for him to date a woman of a different ethnicity, from a different culture and has a more grounded and sober personality/mentality.

Countessmeout;1878119[B said:
Dating for two years is by no means a 'whirlwind romance'. Charles had practically an arranged marriage to a naïve 20 year old. Anne was 23. Andrew was 26. They were all quite young, or Charles' case, his wife was. Harry is certainly in a better place mentally and maturity wise.

Harry has had 2 confirmed girlfrinds. Chelsy who was his age, his long term girlfriend, and Cressida who is 27. He has gone for two ends of the spectrum (the law student who was his age and the dancer who was five years younger). There is not much to go off of what his next girlfriend will be.

By BRF standards it is.

Anyway, Chelsy, Cressida, Antonia, and Flee are younger. If you believe the recent reports of Juliette , she is a lot younger.

You seem to be looking forward to Harry falling in love and getting married. I'm not trying to burst your bubble, I'm just looking at Harry's history as well as that of his brother, cousins, and uncle. Everything I see seems to indicate a long wait until he marries.

Of course if Harry reunites with Chelsy or Cressida, or even with his first longterm girlfriend, Emma Lippiatt, then yes, you might see a wedding in the near future. I just think his exes have moved on.

Last edited:
Harry has only had 2 confirmed girlfriends- Cress and Chelsea. Antonia, Flea and anyone else were rumors, flings at best.

I am not anxious for him to marry. To be honest I really don't care either way. I just think its a joke that people think he wont marry before 40 based souly on the fact his cousins had long 'courtships' (BTW are we still a century ago? :lol:)

The other end of the spectrum? Barely. Chelsy and Cressida are both wealthy, connected, educated and from the upper class. Not to mention they are both blonde, slim and party-loving. He has a type and as far as we know, has never been in a relationship with someone who didn't tick those boxes.

The other end of the spectrum would be for him to date a woman of a different ethnicity, from a different culture and has a more grounded and sober personality/mentality.

Why does she have to be from a different ethnicity or culture to be the opposite end? Other than appearance? There are plenty of wealthy party girls in London from other ethnicities. Pretty single minded to think otherwise.

Chelsy is the same age as Harry. Yes she has an active social life (most people at that age do), when they were dating she was a law student. She was focussed on a serious career. Cressida on the other hand is 5 years younger (which at their age that gap makes a difference in maturity), and while yes a student, was studying 'performing arts'. A very different mindset and career path. So yes, while they both are blond and rich, I find the two women were very different at least at that particular stage.

I'm just of the opinion that it'll happen when it happens and there's no for sure fire way to predict how it will go, when it will happen, who it will be and how long will it take. Some people meet, become best friends and marry somewhere down the line. Some people's eyes meet across a crowded room and marry a week later and have a long, healthy, happy marriage. Some people (like a friend of mine) met her true love in the 6th grade and they've been together ever since (senior citizens now).

One never knows when that love bug is going to bite and right now, its just a wait and see game for me with Harry. I'm just happy that there's a foreseeable royal wedding somewhere in the future. Gives me something to look forward to. The rest is up to Harry.

While it's always possible that Harry could be married in the next few years, I really don't see that happening. For one, Harry had stated that he's not ready to settle down yet. But more importantly, marrying into the royal family brings enormous pressure. The person he chooses will end up giving up a lot (anonymity, career, etc). Not to mention the amount of pressure and scrutiny they face. Harry saw as much when William and Kate dated and even dealt with it when he was with Chelsy. In fact, he had to ask the media to back off of her a few times.

So I don't see him meeting someone and getting engaged after a year or two. I think it's far more likely that he will give his future wife a fair amount of time to get adjusted to the media attention. He would want to make sure that she was comfortable with the spotlight and that she understood the pressures that being part of the royal family entails. I can actually see him following the pattern of his brother and cousins and waiting 4+ years before getting married.

Harry definitely has a type...blonde, slim, upper class. All of his girlfriends (and flings) have fit that description.

Last edited:
Harry has only had 2 confirmed girlfriends- Cress and Chelsea. Antonia, Flea and anyone else were rumors, flings at best.

I am not anxious for him to marry. To be honest I really don't care either way. I just think its a joke that people think he wont marry before 40 based souly on the fact his cousins had long 'courtships' (BTW are we still a century ago? :lol:)

Why does she have to be from a different ethnicity or culture to be the opposite end? Other than appearance? There are plenty of wealthy party girls in London from other ethnicities. Pretty single minded to think otherwise.

Chelsy is the same age as Harry. Yes she has an active social life (most people at that age do), when they were dating she was a law student. She was focussed on a serious career. Cressida on the other hand is 5 years younger (which at their age that gap makes a difference in maturity), and while yes a student, was studying 'performing arts'. A very different mindset and career path. So yes, while they both are blond and rich, I find the two women were very different at least at that particular stage.
When you're talking other end of the spectrum, dating women from the same class and social circle is not exactly very different. Hell, almost all of his girlfriends could double as cousins. Classism is rampant and Harry means well, but he'd never actually marry someone who is not atleast upper middle class. He has never dated someone from the other end of the spectrum and never will.

It's quite possible Harry is discreetly seeing someone now...we won't know till either they go public or they get caught and it gets leaked.

People in the circle don't talk.

LaRae

People seem to marry when they want to start a family these days. So if the woman is around his age it will be sooner than if she is early or mid twenties. I don't see it having any thing to do with what the Queen or anyone else wants. I just hope he does marry and has a family.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

He's talked about wanting a family more than one time...but he knows it's going to take a special woman to take all that baggage on. I'm sure he has plenty of friends/family on the lookout on his behalf.

LaRae

Chelsy is Harry's only confirmed girlfriend, and that's because William and Harry mentioned her in interviews, early on. Catherine, herself, wasn't confirmed as a girlfriend until the engagement announcement in Nov, 2010. That's how the BRF operates. Very aloof and cautious with the 'outsiders'.

Now we can use common sense and say Harry and Cressida were together from 2012-2014, just like we can for Harry and Emma Lippiatt from 2001-2003 (though some royal reporters say their relationship went from 2000-2004). But Harry nor the Palace ever confirmed them. I suppose you could say Jacobi confirmed the Cressida relationship but he has no ties to the BRF, so that's moot.

Well, on the previous page I said the earliest I could see him marry was 2020, that puts him at 35 or 36. Hardly after 40, in case you thought I was one of those people you find to be "a joke". As for the "courtships" term :lol:, I tend to use that to describe long-term relationships. Dating sounds so casual, and I don't want to diminish the importance of the relationship. Even though Chelsy and Cressida didn't end in marriage, I think of them as more serious than just women he 'dated'.

Chelsy is younger by more than a year. If she was any younger I'd be worried because Harry first became infatuated with her when he was 18, any younger and that would mean he was checking out 16, 15, 14 year olds.:lol:

I actually think both women are of a similar mindset. They both broke-up with Harry when they were 25, and chose to pursue a career interests post-Harry. The only difference is that it happened 3 years apart. In Spring 2011, 25-year-old Chelsy dumped Harry and then started her law firm job. In Spring 2014, 25-year-old Cressida dumped Harry and started taking on modeling and movie/tv acting gigs. If anything Harry got deja vu.

You're right, silly me she is 1 year and 28 days younger than Harry. When you are in your twenties, there is a huge difference between 1 year and 5 years age difference.

The point is when Chelsea was 25 and getting into her career, Harry was almost the same age, and at the same stage in his life. Chelsea was a law student when they were dating. It's not like she dumped and she suddenly became serious and ran off for a career.

The fact that three years later Harry was still dating recent graduates :ermm: Like Chelsea, it wasn't a surprise she pursued modeling after dumping him. She had modeled before and had been going to school for dancing and acting. He knew where her career intentions lie.

As for the 40 comment, there were others saying 40 who I responded to, or the no fewer than 5 years (which would put us past 2020) and closer to 40.

How do we know that Harry got dumped by both women? In very early 2009, while on holiday together there were huge arguments between Harry and Chelsy, reputedly because their lives were going in different directions. It was never the same for them after that, and they had breaks when they were together and long periods in between when they weren't. It was said by the Press that Chelsy didn't want a life in the BRF and wanted to pursue a legal career.

We don't know whether it was this that broke them up though, or whether the romance had just run its course. They were both very young when they met. Nobody knows except the two of them how it finished. The Press carry on even today that Harry wants Chelsy back, but that's all it is, Press talk, there's no evidence that he is yearning for her at all.

It was the same thing with Cressida, except that KP got involved because the Press were agitating about an engagement. I tend to think they had a terrible row at about the time of the Guy Pelly nuptials and broke it off there and then. We don't know however, because we aren't privy to Cressida and Harry's private lives as to whether he broke it off, she did, or whether it was a mutual decision.

Last edited:
How do we know that Harry got dumped by both women? In very early 2009, while on holiday together there were huge arguments between Harry and Chelsy, reputedly because their lives were going in different directions. It was never the same for them after that, and they had breaks when they were together and long periods in between when they weren't. It was said by the Press that Chelsy didn't want a life in the BRF and wanted to pursue a legal career.

We don't know whether it was this that broke them up though, or whether the romance had just run its course. They were both very young when they met. Nobody knows except the two of them how it finished. The Press carry on even today that Harry wants Chelsy back, but that's all it is, Press talk, there's no evidence that he is yearning for her at all.

It was the same thing with Cressida, except that KP got involved because the Press were agitating about an engagement. I tend to think they had a terrible row at about the time of the Guy Pelly nuptials and broke it off there and then. We don't know however, because we aren't privy to Cressida and Harry's private lives as to whether he broke it off, she did, or whether it was a mutual decision.

And Harry gave the press credence by saying afterward, “I' m just waiting to find the right person, someone who's willing to take the job.”. He implied that he has struggled in the past with women not wanting 'the job'. So I can understand why the press have taken that storyline and run with it.

Now I believe the break-ups were multifaceted, though I do believe both women ended things.

Last edited:
Well, perhaps you believe that because you don't particularly like Harry very much. I do like him and so I put forward the view that none of us know what happened at the end of these two romances and Harry is just as likely to have finished it, for whatever reason, as for it to have been a mutual situation or for Chelsy and Cressida finishing the relationship.

Well, perhaps you believe that because you don't particularly like Harry very much. I do like him and so I put forward the view that none of us know what happened at the end of these two romances and Harry is just as likely to have finished it, for whatever reason, as for it to have been a mutual situation or for Chelsy and Cressida finishing the relationship.

Not true. I don't dislike Harry. I dislike the double standards that he often benefits from. That's the fault of the media and certain members of Harry's fan base, not Harry.

Don't get my wrong, when Harry does something unethical, I won't overlook it and pretend it never happened, that hardly makes me a hater. Like when he makes racial jokes like "paki" and "rag-head", I'm not going to laugh just because he didn't mean it in a malicious way.

The only member of the BRF I actively dislike is Mike Tindall. And I don't let that shape my view on his romantic relationship with Zara. In fact, I've always maintained that Mike held the cards in the relationship, and whether the two got engaged or broke-up would be his decision.

So me saying I believe Cressida and Chelsy ended things, has nothing to do with whether I prefer them to Harry. I'm not sure that I prefer them, tough call. I based my conclusion on empirical evidence from observation, how things went down while they were dating and after they broke-up.

Yes, and my view is based on observations from 2003 onwards as well. Chelsy and Harry in particular had a tumultuous relationship, perhaps because of their youth, with many breakups and both giving as good as they got. Chelsy remained with Harry for quite a long time and either he or she may have had commitment issues at the ending stages.

Cressida looked upset and down in the days after KP noted that Harry was free. She may have regretted things. We don't know what went down between the two of them and are never likely to.

Zara is no push-over either and Mike may not have always had the upper hand.

The only member of the BRF I actively dislike is Mike Tindall. And I don't let that shape my view on his romantic relationship with Zara. In fact, I've always maintained that Mike held the cards in the relationship, and whether the two got engaged or broke-up would be his decision.

Wow, that is an interesting comment about Mike Tindall. I see him as a well liked member of the BRF who loves his independent lively wife and is a "hands on father". Even Prince Philip commented that he enjoys the lad and liked having a professional sports player in the family. Pictures of family members around him shows them smiling and enjoying themselves. Plus, and most importantly, Zara loves him which actually is all that matters.

Wow, that is an interesting comment about Mike Tindall. I see him as a well liked member of the BRF who loves his independent lively wife and is a "hands on father". Even Prince Philip commented that he enjoys the lad and liked having a professional sports player in the family. Pictures of family members around him shows them smiling and enjoying themselves. Plus, and most importantly, Zara loves him which actually is all that matters.

That's great that Zara loves him, she deserves happiness. I just have a very low opinion of him as a person.

- He makes cocaine jokes on television.
-He was kicked-off Team England for bad behavior(dwarf throwing and heavy intoxication) and for being caught lying to rugby officials.
-Footballer Stan Collymore accused Mike and his friends of given him a racially motivated beating in a Dublin pub.
-Mike had his Boxer’s tail docked, even though that type animal mutilation is illegal in the UK.
-He threatened to beat-up anyone who criticized Zara’s show jumping performance in the 2012 olympics.
-He has multiple DUI’s, which resulted in a 3-year driving ban. Risking the lives of innocent people.
-He publicly kissed and fondled his ex a month after he married Zara. Embarrassing her during what should of been the happiest time of her life.

I'm not going to overlook all his deplorable behavior just because he 'smiles' and 'enjoys' himself.

I've never disliked any of the women Harry has been linked to. And I doubt he will marry a female-Mike Tindall, at least I hope not. :eek:

Could we please move back on topic? This thread is about Prince Harry and suggestions/musings about his relationships, not a discussion about Mike Tindall!

While it's always possible that Harry could be married in the next few years, I really don't see that happening. For one, Harry had stated that he's not ready to settle down yet. But more importantly, marrying into the royal family brings enormous pressure. The person he chooses will end up giving up a lot (anonymity, career, etc). Not to mention the amount of pressure and scrutiny they face. Harry saw as much when William and Kate dated and even dealt with it when he was with Chelsy. In fact, he had to ask the media to back off of her a few times.

So I don't see him meeting someone and getting engaged after a year or two. I think it's far more likely that he will give his future wife a fair amount of time to get adjusted to the media attention. He would want to make sure that she was comfortable with the spotlight and that she understood the pressures that being part of the royal family entails. I can actually see him following the pattern of his brother and cousins and waiting 4+ years before getting married.

Harry definitely has a type...blonde, slim, upper class. All of his girlfriends (and flings) have fit that description.

Clinging to the belief that who he decides to court and eventually get down on one knee for, most importantly has to fit the class and racial background of the exes, is a naive notion. He isn't the type of person to chase a woman for the tint of her hair and bank account for bed warming or wife material. Sure anyone from his circle would have reservations about pursuing someone that has more differences than similarities on the outside. But he has shown in recent years that he isn't incapable of connecting on a deep level with those who don't fit the physical descriptions from his set. He has been open about the fact that there are different sides to him but I'm pretty sure being a discriminating ignoramous towards people of different cultures, isn't presently one of them. His most well known exes have been more appealing to the royal press than to harry himself. And it's pretty evident when you think of the press' inability to move on despite the fact that all three people already have for some time now. Assuming he wants to have someone to build a family with ASAP because he likes the idea of fatherhood in the future, is like assuming he only finds clones of just two of those exes , wife material. There were more to these women that made him want an imitate relationship with, just like there was more to these women that contributed to end of the relationships. Don't try to confuse the persona the press likes to create for him as the gospel truth when their main purpose behind it is selling it to the public. Look at the history the press has for over exaggerating and embellishing his party animal behavior, to get the public thinking he is a playboy alcoholic.

If Harry marries someone from a foreign country, will there be two weddings, one in England and one in the bride's country?:flowers::princess3::headache::hiding::onering::noevil::rose::rose2::twohearts::heart2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom