Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The event is on January 17th. That date is taken from the organizations website. The confusion seems to be that the ceremony, and the participation of it by Harry and William, was announced today the 9th

Here is a link to the site saying the event is the 17th. The announcement though dated the 9th

Endeavour Fund to host inaugural Awards ceremony with The Duke of Cambridge and Prince Harry | Endeavour Fund

Joining the panel isn't actually a physical event he attended. It was an announcement that he would be participating in thus event.

The CC wouldn't have mentioned the January 9 event if it wasn't an actual event that Harry attended. January 9 | Register | The Times & The Sunday Times

It was held at Kensington Palace. Richard Palmer has tweeted about it this morning, London time, calling it a 'behind-the-scenes' event.

Not really much to be confused about:
event 1) on January 9, Harry joined the Judging Panel at KP
event 2) on January 17, Harry and William will attend the award ceremony

With the greatest respect, marrying into the Danish royal family and marrying into the British royal family are two entirely different things.

Mary could walk down Oxford Street in London or 5th Avenue in NY even today and the chances of anyone knowing who she is would be pretty slim. Outside of Scandinavia and Australia, she gets little media coverage.

Life is completely different for Kate or Harry's future wife. The level of press interest, and intrusion, is on a totally different planet.

In addition, I don't know a lot about Mary but wasn't she an estate agent before she got married? Or in marketing or advertising? Whatever, I don't think she was exactly particularly successful so giving that up won't have been all that difficult. Megan has managed a pretty admirable level of success in her acting career, there are many thousands if not millions of young actresses who would give their right arm for a job on a TV series that's so successful and respected as Suits.

The point is that-yes-it will be a big change for her, but Meghan is familiar with London. She has friends there and she do like spending time there when she can. It's not like the culture will be a big shock for her. If she and Harry decide to take things to another level, she will make the sacrifice and move to London. Her family can visit her, and she can visit her family.

She is an accomplished actress and I'm sure she enjoy her job. If things become official, I'm she would have thought it all through and leave acting behind. She will still be able to continue on with her charity and philanthropy work. Maybe not with the UN, but her official role will involve her doing this same kind of work anyway.

Meghan is an actress. She's been dealing with the media and press pressure. She's going to be fine with Harry and the palace officials behind her.

Crown Princess Mary made big sacrifices too. The press may be a little different, but it is the same thing. She left her whole world behind to adopt a total different country and language. When there's real love, partnership, friendship and a very understanding family around a new wife, they can get through the big changes.

Meghan won't be pushed into anything, but eased into the process. Also, let's let this couple date and hopefully they'll get to these steps. Right now, people already have them divorcing and her having nervous breakdowns due to royal life.

I don't think there is anything particularly shocking about the photos of Meghan's 2011 wedding celebrations, whatever the tabloids were hoping for. They just show a crowd of people, mostly young, having fun and a few drinks, on a Jamaican beach. Half their luck! I've seen worse, much worse, at some beach parties here.

I suppose the subtext to these articles the tabloids are emphasising in their usual so-subtle way is Meghan the ambitious woman who's been momentarily married before then divorced, leaving a broken hearted groom in her wake. Quite pathetic really!

Do you have any media links to the judging event that harry took part in yesterday? I can't find anything online about this besides the 2 sentence comment from the CC. The only info I'm seeing is the info about the event taking place on the 17th.

The court circular is updated in the Times everyday . That is where the info came from as it said in my original post.

The Royal we site will eventually update with this.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not making this up. The court circular is updated in the Times everyday . That is where the info came from as it said in my original post.

Richard Palmer said Harry was there.

Richard Palmer said Harry was there.

And before Richard Palmer said it the CC said it.

His source is probably the CC.

Cepe and iluvbertie are our resident CC watchers, and if they say an event happened and was in the CC it's safe to assume it happened (especially if, as Cepe did here, they actually quote the CC).

For those who are confused, the CC (or Court Circular) is the list of engagements that have been acknowledged by the Queen. Every day the Queen's office compiles this list, which is then published in the Times and (eventually) on the official BRF website.

If an engagement is on the CC it means that it happened and that the Queen is acknowledging it as having happened. There is no need to doubt the validity of something having happened if it's in the CC.

Those pictures of Meghan running a wheelbarrow race and playing flip cup on the beach confirm that she's a "sporty girl." A "guys girl" - minus the vaguely misogynistic connotations, that is.

If an engagement is on the CC it means that it happened and that the Queen is acknowledging it as having happened. There is no need to doubt the validity of something having happened if it's in the CC.

When it comes to reliable sources and the BRF, the CC is probably the most reliable source there is. No question about it.

Well as far as picture's go....the whole world saw Harry in his 'all-together' a few years ago in Vegas...those pics of her seem quite tame.

LaRae

First of all, the statement that Moonmaiden was responding to said that marriage by the rules never worked in the BRF. That is simply not true.

Second of all, what "the rules" are has changed roughly every generation since the reign of Queen Victoria. The options for marriage available to her were not the same as the ones available to her children or grandchildren, let alone her descendants a marrying hundred years after her death.

Thirdly, you can't judge the happiness of historic individuals and their marriages by modern standards. There were many successful marriages within the BRF over the last 100 that were happy by the standards of today, and even more that were happy by the standards of the day in which they occurred. There were marriages within the BRF that broke the rules of the day and were happy, as well as those that broke the rules (or changed the rules) and were unhappy.

Fourthly, people are acting like Harry and Meghan marrying would somehow break or change the rules... when the rules were changed well before Meghan entered the scene.

The Queen married within the rules of her day and had a happy marriage. Her sister changed the rules to marry a commoner, and was unhappy.

Charles married within the rules of his day and was unhappy, but Anne and Andrew both married outside of typical convention and ended up unhappy.

The "rules" aren't the issue, it's the people who enter into the marriage, their expectations, and their compatibility.

Thanks Ish, I am grateful that you understand what I am trying to express and articulate so much better than myself. This entire post is golden and was exactly what I was trying to say.

Last edited:
Did they forget about all the pictures of Harry and Chelsy frolicking on the beach? or Kate and William on Uncle Gary's love boat? its all rather peculiar that respectability politics are being played at a woman's wedding to a man she had been with for almost a decade?

I am not making this up. The court circular is updated in the Times everyday . That is where the info came from as it said in my original post.

I was looking for info other than what I found in the CC.

As far as the wedding pics, I refuse to even click on those to look. It's unreal someone sold something as intimate as that for a quick buck :sad:

:previous:

It's all working for Crown Princess Mary. She left her whole life in Australia behind for a whole new life in Denmark. She seems to be doing pretty fantastic in her new royal life. Meghan could do the same. Family visits will come in handy, as it does for Mary.

Princess Grace did the same thing.

Mary wasn't an actor or someone loud or too pushy ( which Meghan says she is )and Grace was said to be sad she couldn't act again and it wasn't a very happy life for her

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Mary wasn't an actor or someone loud or too pushy ( which Meghan says she is )and Grace was said to be sad she couldn't act again and it wasn't a very happy life for her

The point was not about career but about being foreign. People pointing out living in another culture (not much of a change) and far from family and friends. Mary and grace, and maxima should be added, have all faced this. And have all adapted well.

Meghan has a number of friends in the UK for support. She has been there and the culture is not some strange unknown thing she will have yo learn customs of. Unlike other foreign brides, she doesn't have a language issue and the cultures close. Also being an actress prepares her for it. She is used to spotlight and cameras. She is already comfortable public speaker. She already has established causes she could easily transfer over to Royal life.

I was looking for info other than what I found in the CC.

As far as the wedding pics, I refuse to even click on those to look. It's unreal someone sold something as intimate as that for a quick buck :sad:

Events that take place (normally within a royal residence) that are not open to the public are not notified in advance and there are rarely photographs.

The only exception is the Sovereign duties carried out by HMQ - not notified in advance but audiences are now photographed as are investitures.

The point was not about career but about being foreign. People pointing out living in another culture (not much of a change) and far from family and friends. Mary and grace, and maxima should be added, have all faced this. And have all adapted well.

Meghan has a number of friends in the UK for support. She has been there and the culture is not some strange unknown thing she will have yo learn customs of. Unlike other foreign brides, she doesn't have a language issue and the cultures close. Also being an actress prepares her for it. She is used to spotlight and cameras. She is already comfortable public speaker. She already has established causes she could easily transfer over to Royal life.

Is it just about culture? Isn't it also about the individual caught up in change? Genuine questions mainly because I know something about culture and v little about Meghan.

As someone who has spent a lot of time in America, I found our cultures are more about what divides us than similarities.

And it isn't the stuff that's the same (ie language) or certain skill sets - its the differences that matter. She may be a comfortable public speaker but surely she is saying what she wants in the way she wants to say it? there are major constraints.

We don't even know if it will get any further but all relationships have difficulties and I imagine one involving the BRF has even more.

Personally, hope they end up happy with whatever they decide.

Reactions: Ish

Grace didn't marry for love and all that...from my understanding it was more about companionship and position. Not a surprise she ended up living a separate life from her husband.

LaRae

Grace didn't exactly have any causes that she was passionate about when she married. She was an actress and basically gave up everything she worked for and didn't know what she wanted to do when she came to Monaco. Plus, I don't think she's had multiple trips over to Monaco and had a number of friends living there by the time she got married. So no, that transition wasn't smooth.

As for being political, I don't think Meghan has taken on an issues that are too political. They are only political because of the current political climate. Gender equality is a human rights issue more so than political. And gun control isn't even an issue in UK. I think those are the only issues she's taken on so far.

Please note that several posts have been edited or deleted to remove personal remarks that add nothing to the discussion. If members wish to conduct a private conversation, they may do so my private message. Lets get back on topic, thanks.

Grace didn't exactly have any causes that she was passionate about when she married. She was an actress and basically gave up everything she worked for and didn't know what she wanted to do when she came to Monaco. Plus, I don't think she's had multiple trips over to Monaco and had a number of friends living there by the time she got married. So no, that transition wasn't smooth.

As for being political, I don't think Meghan has taken on an issues that are too political. They are only political because of the current political climate. Gender equality is a human rights issue more so than political. And gun control isn't even an issue in UK. I think those are the only issues she's taken on so far.

Yeah, this is true. And from what we can tell, I think she'd be ecstatic at the fact that she would have such a broad platform to focus more on her charity work and on advocating for women's rights. The impact she could have would be much greater than it is has been in the past few years.

Yeah, this is true. And from what we can tell, I think she'd be ecstatic at the fact that she would have such a broad platform to focus more on her charity work and on advocating for women's rights. The impact she could have would be much greater than it is has been in the past few years.

Annnd the poor girl wouldn't have to worry about her charity trips being cancelled because of security threats. She was working on the school program for a good year and I'm sure she was incredibly disappointed (and rightfully so) :sad:

Annnd the poor girl wouldn't have to worry about her charity trips being cancelled because of security threats. She was working on the school program for a good year and I'm sure she was incredibly disappointed (and rightfully so) :sad:

I would've been crushed if I were her, but better postponed than her getting targeted or something happening to the kids while she was working over there.

Its part of life that as we grow older, we come to crossroads where we have to make a decision which way to go. Marriage and family, career choices and even relocating somewhere else. There are always up and down sides to these decisions and a mature person will weigh all the pros and cons before leaping.

From what I know of Meghan, it seems that her path has already been filled with these kind of decisions. Moving from home and going different places, she's already done. Finding her footing in a career as an actress may have been the means that opened the door to doing charity work and she found her niche there and pursued them. She's had a marriage that wasn't quite what worked for her (and her ex) but they gave it a go. All trials and errors and accomplishments that make up the grand package that is Meghan.

If, and its a big if, this relationship gets to the point where they feel that together they'll be much better than apart, there will be adjustments that need to be made on both sides and they'll have each other to lean on. Giving up being outspoken may just be putting her words into a different format. Kind of like editing a script. The platform she would be able to use with Harry globally to make a difference in so many ways may far outweigh whatever she's done previously. The chance for a happy home life with a family may be exactly what her heart's desire is at this point.

Meghan just may look to be tailor made to be the perfect spouse for Harry but as with everything else, sometimes what looks good on paper doesn't pan out in real life. The only way to know for certain is to actually make the decision and leap in and start doing. That's the decision that both Meghan and Harry will need to make without any outside influences telling them what they should or shouldn't do.

I wish them both the very best.

Given that Meghan has said she wants to start a family, I can see her prioritizing her relationship with Harry over her acting career. And that isn't to say she doesn't love acting or that it would be an easy decision for her. But just reading some of the things she's written, I would say she has a high sense of awareness about herself and how Hollywood operates. She knows how difficult it would be for her to land even one role that's comparable to her role on Suits, especially considering how the industry views aging actresses. I imagine that reality would likely make it easier for her to give up acting.

As for her charity work, a few people have already pointed out that she would have more exposure and greater influence over the causes she cares about within the BRF than she has now as a private citizen. So she would be gaining more than she's losing in that regard.

I'm sure these are things Meghan has been thinking about for months now though. She's a 35 year old woman, after all. I doubt any woman her age who wants a family would be investing time in a romantic relationship without considering the possibility of marriage, children and the sacrifices she'd have to make.

I don't know who their source is, but is is no actual friend if the couple. Maybe the mailman :whistling:

Question for the forum. If Harry and Meghan were to marry would she need to renounce her American citizenship?

Question for the forum. If Harry and Meghan were to marry would she need to renounce her American citizenship?

She would definitely be granted British citizenship. US allows for dual citizenship, so I don't think she has to based on the law. However, for appearances probably. Besides, from a tax standpoint, it's a pain to remain a US citizen living abroad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom