The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-28-2016, 11:23 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Perhaps NotHRH means that women who would welcome the attention are more publicity seekers who aren't interested in the man as much as the position? I can remember reading that Charles remarked once that those women who deal extremely well with media attention, the limelight etc, are people that wouldn't necessarily do well as royals, which is more of a team effort. I'm sure that after over a decade and a half of dating Harry knows exactly the motivations of many girls who try to attract his attention, though.
He also has observed the behaviors of those girls/women who have tried to get close to his brother and cousins too. Plus he'd have likely heard about some of the experiences his father and uncles had while they were single and women were trying to attract their attention.

Old 02-28-2016, 05:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, I agree, TLLK. Charles, especially, had many girlfriends (not so sure about Andrew, except for Koo Stark, whom I don't think was an attention seeker) and certainly would impart advice about that sort of thing.

Old 03-01-2016, 09:10 AM
Heir Apparent

This article is just for good laugh!!!!!

Prince Harry News: Kate Middleton Frustrated After Learning Prince William?s Brother Leaving Kensington Palace To Escape Marriage Pressure and Royal Responsibilities? : News : Parent Herald
Old 03-01-2016, 09:30 AM
Heir Apparent

Kate is afraid Harry will find a bride during his tour of Nepal. My goodness, that would be very quick work! He's only there for a few days!
Old 04-08-2016, 07:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Candidate girls read carefully

How to Date Prince Harry: Royal Etiquette and More : People.com
Old 04-08-2016, 09:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, Harry would always want people to stand on ceremony with him, especially potential girlfriends!
Old 04-08-2016, 09:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Honestly I highly doubt Harry cares if you spear your food or if you cross your ankles. Or if you have gone for your 'blow out'. Yes good table manners and posture if you get far enough you get invited home to meet Dad or Granny, you better brush up on. The writer seems to forget Kate wasn't always the 'duchess'. She was a college student modeling lingere when she caught Will's eye. And I find Harry even less likely to be impressed by the pomp and circumstance. Note neither of tem have dated the high aristocracy (rich yes but not the old bloods with titles and manners posher than some royals).
Old 04-08-2016, 11:23 PM
Serene Highness

Nightmare scenario: Harry meets (and likes) Tiffany Trump while in Florida.

Abraham Lincoln
Old 04-08-2016, 11:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Nightmare??? I thought that was everyone's dream. I mean Tiffany has the chance of being the next first daughter. Practically American royalty. Can you just imagine a wedding between the two

Wouldn't be surprised if the rumors popped up. Like Theodora/Will rumors led to Harry/Olympia stories. There were rumors about Lauren Bush and Will. Don't give the paps any ideas
Old 04-09-2016, 12:00 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Honestly I highly doubt Harry cares if you spear your food or if you cross your ankles. Or if you have gone for your 'blow out'. Yes good table manners and posture if you get far enough you get invited home to meet Dad or Granny, you better brush up on. The writer seems to forget Kate wasn't always the 'duchess'. She was a college student modeling lingere when she caught Will's eye. And I find Harry even less likely to be impressed by the pomp and circumstance. Note neither of tem have dated the high aristocracy (rich yes but not the old bloods with titles and manners posher than some royals).
Not the timeline I've heard.

The charity runway show was Spring 2002. William and Catherine already were close pals at that point. William bid on and won Catherine at the "slave auction" in November 2001. I doubt he would of bid on her if she wasn't already in his eye.
Old 04-09-2016, 12:17 AM
Heir Apparent

The point being, depending on what ever convoluted version we are fed, Kate was not the 'duchess' with her extreme high manners and posh life that this woman claims a woman needs to be to land Harry. She was just a regular college student in dorm rooms, and if her modeling lingeray for a room of people didn't lose her a chance, spearing a piece of lettuce isn't bound to.
Old 04-09-2016, 12:32 AM
Courtier

Well, I very much doubt Harry would even be attracted to a woman of "extreme high manners". So all of that is a non-starter.
Old 04-09-2016, 11:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
Not the timeline I've heard.

The charity runway show was Spring 2002. William and Catherine already were close pals at that point. William bid on and won Catherine at the "slave auction" in November 2001. I doubt he would of bid on her if she wasn't already in his eye.

Correct...they were already flatmates and friends before this 'fashion' show ever happened.

LaRae
Old 04-09-2016, 01:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Correct...they were already flatmates and friends before this 'fashion' show ever happened.

LaRae
Friends but not flatmates. They were in dorms until 2003, when they and 2 friends moved into a cottage. She was dating Rupert Finch at the time of the show. Rupert is now married to Lady Natasha Rufus Isaacs.
Old 04-09-2016, 01:11 PM
Heir Apparent

The problem as I see is for Harry to actually find someone. He's forever saying he wants a family, so he's ready it's finding someone to put up with tabloid gossip and attacks on her family.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, given Harry isn't even dating anyone, it will be years until he finds the one, let alone gets married.

On Harry's 40th birthday we'll be hearing about how he wants to have kids
Old 04-09-2016, 02:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Well, we'll see, won't we Rudolph. No-one has a crystal ball and can foresee the future. Not me and not you!
Old 04-09-2016, 02:40 PM
Heir Apparent

He will only be 32 years old this year. Just because William and Kate took nearly eight years to marry doesn't mean Harry will have a long engagement. There is nothing saying he couldn't meet someone and be married in the next few years. But as it has been said, no one has a crystal ball.
Old 04-09-2016, 03:27 PM
Heir Apparent

No but it's a relationship musings thread and I'm musing. All of the Queen's grandchildren were/are in long term relationships before marriage. Even Edward and Sophie took their time.

Any girl spotted on a casual date with Harry will be subjected to 'she's the one' headlines

And to be frank I don't exactly see women lining up to date the 'worlds most eligible bachelor'
Old 04-09-2016, 03:28 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Friends but not flatmates. They were in dorms until 2003, when they and 2 friends moved into a cottage. She was dating Rupert Finch at the time of the show. Rupert is now married to Lady Natasha Rufus Isaacs.
While it's true that that they moved into the cottage in 2003. The rest of the bolded isn't right. They were only required to be in the dorm their Freshman year. In 2002, at the start of their Sophomore year, William and Catherine and two other friends moved into their own flat. Hence becoming flatmates. Here's one of the articles from 2002 that talks about their new flat.

PRINCE WILLIAM AND FRIENDS MOVE INTO A FLAT OF THEIR OWN

Quote:
He will only be 32 years old this year. Just because William and Kate took nearly eight years to marry doesn't mean Harry will have a long engagement. There is nothing saying he couldn't meet someone and be married in the next few years. But as it has been said, no one has a crystal ball.
The shortest courtship of HM's grandchildren is Peter Phillips who dated Autumn for 4 years before they got engaged. The rest much longer. Heck Beatrice is still in the middle of a 10-year courtship, and Eugenie is in a 6-year one.

Even if Harry were to fall in love tomorrow, I doubt he would marry until at least 2020, that's if he follows the Peter plan. Except The Queen might be more cautious about the 5th in-line than the 13th in-line.
Old 04-09-2016, 03:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Just because his cousins have waited longer to marry, doesn't mean Harry has to. For one, his cousins were all younger when they married. People in their early twenties are often less likely now a days to get married. Peter was 31 when he married (26 when he met Autumn). Zara was 30 when she married (22 when she met Mike).

I don't think it has anything to do with the queen being 'cautious' but more a personal choice. Someone in their 30's is far more likely to be ready to marry and have kids then someone in their twenties is (especially early twenties like Will and Zara). Bea and Eugenie are still in their twenties as well, just getting started in careers and private lives.