The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-13-2016, 01:24 AM
Majesty

A 'cryptic message' via blonde and puppy. SEBASTIAN SHAKESPEARE looks at a pictire meant for Prince Harry | Daily Mail Online

I think that the DM is 'reaching' on this one, but I could be wrong.

Old 02-13-2016, 01:29 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
A 'cryptic message' via blonde and puppy. SEBASTIAN SHAKESPEARE looks at a pictire meant for Prince Harry | Daily Mail Online

I think that the DM is 'reaching' on this one, but I could be wrong.
They say that Juliette does nothing to crush rumors. Didn't she deny them out right, saying she had never met Harry????

Quote:
However the 22-year-old – who works as a PR assistant for fashion label Dior – has denied meeting the Prince. Speaking to The Sun, Juliette said: "I don't know Prince Harry."
I guess DM doesn't want to give the sun any credit

Old 02-13-2016, 05:21 PM
Aristocracy

Lol that article is embarrassing. No wonder they stopped posting comments.
Old 02-13-2016, 06:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince Harry's dating pool: The women who might steal his heart - HELLO! CA
Old 02-13-2016, 06:51 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm not going to read it. I could write it using predictive text.

This is using Harry as clickbait. Interesting that's it moved beyond just Royal women but it's just the sort of (stops to find polite word)..... rubbish that causes issues in building relationships.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 02-13-2016, 07:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post

This is using Harry as clickbait. Interesting that's it moved beyond just Royal women but it's just the sort of (stops to find polite word)..... rubbish that causes issues in building relationships.
Not too far, Maria Olympia is one of the 9 (so are Chelsy and Cressida). Besides Chelsy there are actually two others who are remotely close in age (29,32 year olds) the rest are 25 and younger.
Old 02-13-2016, 09:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Men often marry women six or seven years younger though. Harry doesn't have to confine himself to women who are reaching the 30 year mark surely? It's when there is an age gap of a decade or more that problems tend to arise as a person in their early 30's is probably at a different stage of life, wanting different things, than a 19 year old, like Maria Olympia for example. (Don't believe in that 'romance' by the way.) A woman of 24/25 would be fine, IMO, so long as they possessed the maturity for marriage and a life in the BRF.
Old 02-14-2016, 12:36 AM
Courtier

I think the main reason the media is so zealous is that Harry is suffering from comparison. The Queen met Philip when she was a girl. Charles met Camilla when he was 23. Peter met Autumn when he was 25. Zara met Mike when she was 22. William met Catherine when he was 19. Beatrice met Dave when she was 18. Eugenie met Jack when she was 19.

By regular world standards being single at 31 and still looking for “the one” is completely normal. By Windsor standards it’s abnormally long in the tooth. So the media is trying to shove the dilly-dallying baby bird out of the nest.
Old 02-14-2016, 02:07 AM
Imperial Majesty

I remember that last high profile member of the BRF who reached their 30s and was still single and looking for 'the one'. That ended in disaster so I do hope that Harry isn't pressured into marrying just so the media can have a few stories about the wedding - its cost, its security, its benefits and then a lot more either building up or tearing down his bride with positive or negative comparisons to Kate.

The one thing that sticks out a mile since the 1980s however is that the couples have been in relationships for years before marrying and if that is the case then the media will have a number of years to wait for Harry to marry.
Old 02-14-2016, 02:17 AM
Courtier

Oh, yes. Even if Harry were to fall madly in love tomorrow the media would still have to wait quite a while for a wedding. I think he'll date his future wife for 3 or 4 years before he proposes.
Old 02-14-2016, 11:25 AM
Heir Apparent

I'm quite certain that the last thing the BRF (particularly Charles and the Queen) want to do is to pressure Harry to just pick someone. There's no need anyway...he's several down the line of succession as it is ...he may be like Albert and go another 20 years before marrying. He's talked about wanting to marry and have children..but it's pretty evident he's not willing to 'settle'.

LaRae
Old 02-14-2016, 11:47 AM
Heir Apparent

No one should settle!
Harry has plenty of time to marry, the press just wants another royal wedding and can't wait. I don't believe the RF (or anybody else) is in any hurry.
Old 02-14-2016, 12:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Charles was getting pressure because he was the heir. Harry isn't the heir and William is married with 2 kids. The only people wanting Harry get involved with someone is the press because right now it's pretty boring. Everyone is relatively happy and not to much scandal. So Harry's potential wife is the next Royal big thing for the papers.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 02-14-2016, 01:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
Charles was getting pressure because he was the heir. Harry isn't the heir and William is married with 2 kids. The only people wanting Harry get involved with someone is the press because right now it's pretty boring. Everyone is relatively happy and not to much scandal. So Harry's potential wife is the next Royal big thing for the papers.
Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
I want him to be happy - but almost don't want him to get married. You are right the press will eat her alive. Then the Kate is feuding with/jealous of garbage will start. And the trash about the cost of her wardrobe and their travel. And every time he smiles at some other woman there will be a kerfuffle. And William will be quoted as saying that the little Henry children are brats and on and on.
I don't have the energy.
Old 02-14-2016, 03:16 PM
Heir Apparent

You don't have to read the paparazzi stuff. I don't even read people or any types of magazines like that anymore.

LaRae
Old 02-14-2016, 05:09 PM
Majesty

This. Brilliant. You have a good way with words, Cepe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Old 02-14-2016, 06:27 PM
Super Moderator

Just imagine, while the media are getting themselves into a frenzy over who could steal Harry's heart, he could be merrily be developing a nice relationship with someone under the radar know one knows about. I hope it's possible for him and if he does date anyone he will be able to keep it under wraps right up until an engagement.
Old 02-14-2016, 06:46 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I still think Harry needs to get himself a dog. Over the years, Lupo has generated quite a bit of interest from the media starting with the big "secret" of what the Cambridges' puppy's name is.

But who knows? Maybe he's got himself a wonderful four legged best friend and is keeping it under the radar too. I think it was when he came back from Afghanistan for the second tour that he said keeping things under the radar was going to be his goal. Maybe he's doing an excellent job of it so far and the public sees only what he wishes them to see. That takes talent, cunning and strategy which I believe Harry has a lot of.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 02-14-2016, 07:04 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
Just imagine, while the media are getting themselves into a frenzy over who could steal Harry's heart, he could be merrily be developing a nice relationship with someone under the radar know one knows about. I hope it's possible for him and if he does date anyone he will be able to keep it under wraps right up until an engagement.
That would be horrible. He’d be throwing the poor woman right into the deep end. Chelsy and Cressida each got a taste of the royal fishbowl and both wisely bowed out. If Harry’s wife didn’t get that same trial period and went straight from anonymity to being Princess Harry there’s a good chance she would have ‘buyer’s remorse’ before their 1st anniversary. While Harry could/should keep his relationship under wraps for 6-12 months, after that she needs to come to terms with the fishbowl. It’s better for her to run for the hills as a girlfriend than for her to do the same as a wife.
Old 02-14-2016, 09:00 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
That would be horrible. He’d be throwing the poor woman right into the deep end. Chelsy and Cressida each got a taste of the royal fishbowl and both wisely bowed out. If Harry’s wife didn’t get that same trial period and went straight from anonymity to being Princess Harry there’s a good chance she would have ‘buyer’s remorse’ before their 1st anniversary. While Harry could/should keep his relationship under wraps for 6-12 months, after that she needs to come to terms with the fishbowl. It’s better for her to run for the hills as a girlfriend than for her to do the same as a wife.
Maria-Olympia of Greece would so enjoy the spotlight - and so would her grandfather. She would not have buyer's remorse, not now anyway. She is just a kid -about the same age as Diana and he is about the same age as Charles when they were married in 1981. If she and Harry are having some sort of romance, it is because she would ornately decorate her fishbowl and she probably doesn't have a clue what the real "hills" look like. Anyone else read this "romance" the same?

Happy Valentines Day!