Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh this is a bitter sweet photo.

On one hand I am so happy to see it. He looks so besotted with her.??

However on the other hand, I feel bad as now the world knows were they are and more pap pics are likely to follow.?

To be fair, both China and India fit together into sub-Saharan Africa, and the article wasn't any more specific than "Africa". They also pixilated out the blue folder the airport worker was carrying, I'm guessing to obfuscate the specific airport.

Hopefully they'll have some peace and privacy.

I feel bad for Patrick having to shut down his IG. It's also a loss for fans who enjoyed the glimpses into the behind-the-scenes on Suits.

dear paps and people in africa..PLEASE LEAVE THEM ALONE...if somethings about to happen let it happen in peace and quiet.

A commenter on Go Fug Yourself left the following comment, which has some juicy gossip in it- totally unsubstantiated of course, but the Fug Girls found it interesting enough to mention on twitter so I will leave it here with a second note of caution that it's unsubstantiated gossip (though not outside the realm of reality)

IMG_8298.jpg

Just WOW for he has never looked so happy before, and the smile on Meghan's face show she feels the very same way towards him. How I hope they disappear into the wilds of Africa not to be seen for a few weeks
and he gets down on one knee now. This is the best news of the day.

They look very happy and relaxed, so glad they were able to get away together...what a great birthday present!

LaRae

I just saw that posted elsewhere. Oh God! Why is it The Sun that's freakin' allowed to get this scoop?! :bang: They don't deserve to have scooped this pic/news of M&H's whereabouts. The Sun is part of the reason we haven't seen M&H in public together for months. Now this despicable tab gets the first scoop since their terrible egregious and petty headline in May! :ermm: :sad:

I'm happy for M&H if they are happy. Please disappear tabs and paps. BACK OFF AND LEAVE THEM ALONE, so they might appear in public together more often. They are just two people in love after all. We want to read real news about them, admire them from afar and wish them well, not eat them alive. Your nonsensical intrusiveness does no one any favors.

Thanks @HRHHermione. Since Invictus Games is taking place in Toronto, many of us anticipated that Meghan and Harry might show up together at that event in some capacity, even if their being together is kept to a low profile.

However, with the unsubstantiated info you have shared, perhaps we will hear of an engagement sooner than later. Maybe around the time of Prince Harry's birthday on September 15? :heart1: :news: :britflag:

Last edited:
Just WOW for he has never looked so happy before, and the smile on Meghan's face show she feels the very same way towards him. How I hope they disappear into the wilds of Africa not to be seen for a few weeks
and he gets down on one knee now. This is the best news of the day.

I don't know about an African proposal...I mean that's where William did it..thought perhaps Harry would take a different path.

LaRae

To be fair, both China and India fit together into sub-Saharan Africa, and the article wasn't any more specific than "Africa". They also pixilated out the blue folder the airport worker was carrying, I'm guessing to obfuscate the specific airport.

Hopefully they'll have some peace and privacy.

I feel bad for Patrick having to shut down his IG. It's also a loss for fans who enjoyed the glimpses into the behind-the-scenes on Suits.

China and India are in Asia, not Africa-totally different continent.

WOW, they look happy. I'm happy for both of them--I think a spring or summer 2018 wedding.

I think the occasional photo, if someone is in the right place at the right time or it is a public event, usually gets a pass from the BRF. I think the absolute made up stories, the stealing of photos to sell those stories or the stalker paparazzi are where the problems occur. And generally it is certain tabloids that are at fault. I know in years past certain royal photographers like Jayne Fincher or Tim Graham had lovely photos that were not intrusive and not part of the hysteria. I'm not sure what the answer is--if you give some, more is expected these days.

Last edited:
WOW, they look happy. I'm happy for both of them--I think a spring or summer 2018 wedding.

That's been my feeling for awhile too. Engagement by fall/winter and wedding next spring/summer....maybe fall depending on schedules and the move to England etc.

LaRae

China and India are in Asia, not Africa-totally different continent.

I apologize for not explaining the implications of what I was pointing out. I'll make my point more explicitly by adding and italicizing those implications.

Both China (3rd largest country by area) and India (7th largest country by area) - which together are 12.8 million square kilometers fit together into sub-Saharan Africa, and the article wasn't any more specific than "Africa". Therefore, since they could be anywhere within a roughly 13 million square kilometer area -- which is really, really big. like huge - they are less likely to be found than if the paper had said "they're in Namibia".

I do thank you for the geography lesson, however.

I apologize for not explaining the implications of what I was pointing out. I'll make my point more explicitly by adding and italicizing those implications.

Both China (3rd largest country by area) and India (7th largest country by area) - which together are 12.8 million square kilometers fit together into sub-Saharan Africa, and the article wasn't any more specific than "Africa". Therefore, since they could be anywhere within a roughly 13 million square kilometer area -- which is really, really big. like huge - they are less likely to be found than if the paper had said "they're in Namibia".

I do thank you for the geography lesson, however.

I'm sorry, I still don't understand your point, China and India are not in sub-Saharan Africa.

"Sub-Saharan Africa is, geographically, the area of the continent of Africa that lies south of the Sahara. According to the UN, it consists of all African countries that are fully or partially located south of the Sahara."

Unless all you are trying to say is Africa is a large continent, which I agree. Lots of places to be, some more likely than others,

Last edited:
This is some of what I've been waiting for! They look so happy together and I'm happy for them. Wonder whether their holiday is in Lesotho or ....? Anyway, I hope Meghan enjoyed her birthday and that they have a great time!

I just saw that posted elsewhere. Oh God! Why is it The Sun that's freakin' allowed to get this scoop?! :bang: They don't deserve to have scooped this pic/news of M&H's whereabouts. The Sun is part of the reason we haven't seen M&H in public together for months. Now this despicable tab gets the first scoop since their terrible egregious and petty headline in May! :ermm: :sad:

It's always the Sun!

The DM has the most pictures, but the Sun usually gets the money shot!
(If you recall, it was the Sun who had the only photo of Harry and Meghan in the car heading to Pippa's wedding reception).

The Sun must spend a fortune on all the folks they have station all over waiting for these couples to pop up.

LaRae

In Meghan's AOL Build interview I linked here earlier, she talks about how and why she put together The Tig (her former lifestyle website, which is now defunct):

"I wanted a place where I could share these great experiences I'm able to have and make it inspirational for people but also a reminder that it's all attainable.* Like I didn't grow up with this kind of lifestyle or being interviewed or having fancy things. Like that is all very new [to me]. And so to be able to show [if] you want that you can totally have that. And you're enough and you're worth it. It's also a great way for me to connect with people... I feel a really big responsibility. If you have this kind of job and you have an opportunity to have a profile where people are listening to what you're saying, I really truly think you need to be saying something that's valuable... I'd like to talk about women's rights... humanitarian trips or just bolstering self-esteem that has nothing to do with the external... that's a great part of social media for me to see where that's landing. These girls [fans all over the world who followed her on The Tig] have connected with each other through me..."

Meghan also speaks so eloquently about her humanitarian work and how it's important for her to make sure she's hands-on and deeply involved with the entire process. She's definitely bright, committed and genuine. Cool too how Meghan reflects that her foodie gene came from hanging around after school with craft services on the set of Married with Children helping prepare delicious snacks for the cast.

I think seeing Meghan's (pre-Harry) interviews and her down-to-earth way of engaging with people reveals a bit of why Prince Harry is so attracted to her.

* One thing though that isn't attainable for everyone is dating a Prince, but of course not everyone is interested in dating a Prince either, nor could handle it as well as Meghan has so far. :D

Last edited:
It's always the Sun!

The DM has the most pictures, but the Sun usually gets the money shot!
(If you recall, it was the Sun who had the only photo of Harry and Meghan in the car heading to Pippa's wedding reception).

Yeah, I guess I don't pay too much attention to which tab got which scoop first. Now that you mention it though, yes, I guess The Sun would have the windshield shot since they were sneaking around in May trying to start a 'bum war.' :ermm:

As I recall, wasn't it TMZ who got the money shots of Harry and Meghan walking hand-in-hand back to their limo after dinner out at Soho House, sometime in January or February? Those pics were the second shots of them together, but with the best view that had been captured to that point (since their reported Christmas tree adventure in December was thankfully not snapped by bystanders).

I don't know about an African proposal...I mean that's where William did it..thought perhaps Harry would take a different path.

Proposing marriage in Africa is a Brit royal family tradition, and both Will & Harry respect their family's traditions (if not all the antiquated protocol and more annoying aspects of fishbowl life). I'm thinking now that it's possible Meghan may be planning to move to London soon, and that she and Harry may live together for a few months to really see what it's like being with each other for a longer period of time in a 'setting up house' kind of way. I don't think they are unsure about their feelings, but just that they may take things slowly before an actual announcement (as the Queen had previously advised other young royals to do before definitively making the official step to get married).

So, we may not officially hear of an engagement for awhile, even though it's possible Harry could propose on this trip. Hopefully, they will not have to be as undercover regarding their whereabouts, and can be seen in public on occasion, except for official events, which wouldn't happen until after an engagement is announced.

Last edited:
As the couple gets more serious and some time has passed since they started dating, the conversation of Meghan moving to London and the couple possibly live together for awhile comes up more often. I'm wondering how would the British public feel about them living together at Kensington Palace/ Nottingham Cottage before marriage?

I don't think there is any issues with them living together, but what about Meghan living at a royal palace before marrying into the family? I know she's stayed there when she's visiting Harry, but if she moves, that's more of a permanent thing.

This is some of what I've been waiting for! They look so happy together and I'm happy for them. Wonder whether their holiday is in Lesotho or ....? Anyway, I hope Meghan enjoyed her birthday and that they have a great time!

Lesotho was the first place I thought of when it said they were in Africa. It had been reported a while ago that Harry wanted to take her to Sentebale and they had planned on visiting Africa. Just my opinion but I do believe that Meghan would be a prime candidate to want to get involved and get down and dirty in support of Sentebale. I can picture Harry saying "I want you to meet my kids." I think I first realized that this was a common ground for them when I read an article that had pictures side by side of Meghan with kids in Rwanda and then Harry with his kids in Lesotho. :D

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-young-girls-Africa-just-like-mother-did.html

They do look amazing together don't they? One thing I can say about the level of privacy they've been able to enjoy because those close to them are forming a protective circle around them is that it totally lays to rest many of the misgivings that were put out at the beginning of their relationship that Meghan may be in it for all the publicity she can garner out of it. Here it is a year into the relationship and they've been playing a cat and mouse game with the press and doing it very successfully too.

Last edited:
he looks genuinely happy....i think an engagement is gonna happen on this trip...(even if its not announced)...its really nice to see him looking so happy...I hope they are left alone on their trip.

I dont think i have ever seen him look this happy.

I give Harry a bit more credit then that. I am sure he can come up with a more romantic proposal then copying his brother.

Besides I doubt they could hide an engagement till end of November. Not going to be able to continue filming her show after one is.

I'm so glad we got to see this extremely happy picture of Meghan and Harry. Im glad that's in a public place like airport, where both of them accept being photographed, and are fine with it, and not at a friend's private wedding.

I'm even more inclined to believe, that by the end of 2017 they'll announce their engagement and wedding will be in 2018.

I never thought that Meghan became involved with Prince Harry for any kind of publicity. I don't think her mind even works that way. As soon as I read her essays and inspirational quotes, checked out her Instagram, viewed her interviews and other videos, including her U.N. speech, I could see she's not the type of person to use a personal relationship to gain 'publicity' for her career (despite the negative, off-base claims by her half-sister). Also Harry's not stupid, and he would not allow himself to be used in that way. He certainly has plenty of people around him as advisers and mentors to protect him from that kind of thing. If the relationship was just a fling and they had not hit it off and bonded fairly quickly, it would have ended well before the press sniffed it down.

In fact, prior to Harry stepping into her life, Meghan's career was doing quite fine and really taking off in many ways (with the Reitmans contract and lots of exposure amongst a variety of movers and shakers in fashion, beauty, food industry, entertainment outlets, etc., as a result of her Tig site and her ever-expanding Suits profile). It's Meghan who has made the most sacrifices in order for this relationship to work. Meanwhile, Harry is holding onto her for dear life, and I don't blame him. :D

The coinciding of the launch of Meghan's second Reitmans fashion line after Harry's press release last November, was just that, a coincidence. That fashion launch had been planned months in advance. The whole brouhaha over the pic of the cuddling bananas was much ado about nothing. A friend sent Meghan that pic and she posted it in fun. I'll bet Harry and all of Meghan's friends and Harry's friends enjoyed a smile and a chuckle about it. Personally, I'm surprised that the kvetching and pearl-clutching wasn't also being done over the earlier 'matchsticks tips forming a heart' pic that someone also sent to Meghan and she posted. Most royal-protocol-concerned busybodies probably missed that one. :lol:

And btw, Meghan's rescue dog Bogart wore that British flag sweater long before it was even in the cards that Harry and Meghan would meet. After Bogart outgrew the sweater, it was passed on to cutie pie beagle, Guy. :britflag:

I give Harry a bit more credit then that. I am sure he can come up with a more romantic proposal then copying his brother.

Besides I doubt they could hide an engagement till end of November. Not going to be able to continue filming her show after one is.

But it's entirely possible Meghan is being or has already been written out of the show and won't be needed back for full filming because she won't be appearing in many scenes. For all we know, she could have filmed a few scenes in advance that may effectively end her full participation on the show. And if she's needed back, it might only be for a short period of time.

I don't get people framing a proposal in Africa as Harry "copying his brother." Should Harry decide to propose in Africa, it will be in his own way after all, and frankly we won't be witnessing it anyway. Was William "copying" his grandparents when he proposed to Kate in Africa? Nope, I would call it more of a romantic tradition, which doesn't mean that it's not special and unique for each of these different Mountbatten-Windsor couples. ? If a proposal happens, we may hear about only a few small details, not the full in-living-color reality. Even the inevitable television film about the M&H romance (following in the footsteps of all the W&K overwrought dramas) will be fantasized by screenwriters.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to add, that it's a bit hmmm in my book, that these people working bts for invictus games or any other activity, where the royals are going to attend, and spilling info to their friends are doing a huge disservice to the event. I hope no specific details were leaked, but there's so much work to secure these events as safe etc, that loose lips makes that even harder. I know that the security people take this all in account too, but still, it annoys me.

I love the fact, that Meghan and Harry seem to gets stronger in their relationship and manage to keep it so private. And like someone pointed up thread (sorry, I'm too lazy to look up the username) Meghan must be a special kind of person and well respected for there not be any leaks or gossip from her close friends, co workers etc. Everyone is so tight lipped around her.

:previous: I think it was @MARG who first referenced that about Meghan's friends and co-workers closing ranks, and several of us agreed with MARG, including me. ?

As the couple gets more serious and some time has passed since they started dating, the conversation of Meghan moving to London and the couple possibly live together for awhile comes up more often. I'm wondering how would the British public feel about them living together at Kensington Palace/ Nottingham Cottage before marriage?

I don't think there is any issues with them living together, but what about Meghan living at a royal palace before marrying into the family? I know she's stayed there when she's visiting Harry, but if she moves, that's more of a permanent thing.

I'm not British and I don't live there, though I'd love to visit. I think I might fall in love with living there, as I've always had a long time interest in British history and culture.

Anyway, we are all speculating from piecing together the little we do know. It's not clear how this fascinating romance will proceed. We are certainly kept guessing, but then it's none of our business really. It's just that they seem to be a cool couple who are also genuinely caring individuals. Most well-meaning people enjoy rooting for a couple like Meghan and Harry (who apparently share such wonderful qualities). I'm sure they also have some less than wonderful sides to them, but likely nothing major. ;) The obvious thing is that they appear to bring out the best in each other, and above all, seem to have fun being together.

I doubt that either Meghan or Harry will be overly concerned with detractors whether they are British, American, or some other nationality. But yes, Meghan moving full time into KP may not occur. However, Meghan might move to another well-secured location in London for a few months prior to an engagement announcement. Her mother might even stay with her for a short time. If she's bringing her dogs (which I sincerely hope she is), there will be rules and logistics involved in the dogs being screened before being allowed to safely enter the country. I recall there was a discussion here awhile back regarding Meghan obtaining British citizenship. Living in country for awhile is surely part of that process.

Last edited:
I don't get people framing a proposal in Africa as Harry "copying his brother." Should Harry decide to propose in Africa, it will be in his own way after all, and frankly we won't be witnessing it anyway. Was William "copying" his grandparents when he proposed to Kate in Africa? Nope, I would call it more of a romantic tradition, which doesn't mean that it's not special and unique for each of these different Mountbatten-Windsor couples. ? If a proposal happens, we may hear about only a few small details, not the full in-living-color reality. Even the inevitable television film about the M&H romance (following in the footsteps of all the W&K overwrought dramas) will be fantasized by screenwriters.

Balmoral (where E&P got engaged) is in Scotland, not Africa. Unless you were referring to Johnny and Frances, did they get engaged in Africa?

Hmm. Back-to-back holidays to Italy then Africa. He’s lucky he isn’t the Yorks or the Cambridges or the British press would rake him over the coals.

But this is a very nice gesture to Meghan. A far cry from the Harry who ditched Chelsy on her birthday to go to Paris with his friends and watch rugby.

He’s either learnt his lesson regarding how he treats his girlfriends or he feels a deeper love for Meghan than his previous gfs.

These do seem like statement pictures, maybe not an engagement in the near future but Harry is trying to send out a message.

Possibly he's just older and more serious minded, though I'm not relaly convinced of that. He may just be fonder of Meghan and n ot wanting to upset her, as she is a busy lady and if she takes time off for being with him, he does not want to let her down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom