Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If anything, should Meghan's uncle, Bishop Dismas, attend the wedding (should there be one), he'll be made very welcome and very comfortable by Charles who embraces and respects all faiths. :D

I saw a US tabloid today claiming that Meghan is rethinking her engagement to Harry. It claims they have been engaged for 6 months. Good for a laugh. As bad as the Daily Fail.

:previous: You gotta know its the gospel truth when you read stuff like that because its your #1 source for Elvis sightings too. Wonder if Elvis told her that the engagement to Harry just wouldn't ever work out and she'd end up being all shook up? :eek:

If we believe the gossip press then Catherine would have had about seven children by now given the amount of pregnancy rumours she has had and Harry would already be married to Meghan. That US tabloid is slacking! :D ;)

I saw a US tabloid today claiming that Meghan is rethinking her engagement to Harry. It claims they have been engaged for 6 months. Good for a laugh. As bad as the Daily Fail.

If you believe that rag, then you believe that Kate is at war with the Queen and Brad and Jen are getting married again. It's all fanfic.

Prince Harry wins a ruling against DF for publishing pictures of him at the private location of the Inskip wedding in Jamaica. I don't know if this is being discussed elsewhere on RF, but since it's related to his dating Meghan, I thought it would be appropriate to place the link here:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...harrys-privacy-with-jamaica-photos-ipso-rules

This is an interesting passage from the Duncan Larcombe article about Prince Harry (posted in Harry's General News thread):

"With Meghan, people may have written her off as unsuitable, but actually Harry has found somebody quite perfect because she is famous in her own right… and, quite clearly, from the way she’s behaved since the news has come out of their relationship I don’t think she is in it to help her career. It is because she likes Prince Harry so that is quite an exciting thing that’s happening... Meghan is already used to being photographed by paps, trolls on the internet and all the horrible side effects of fame. She didn’t have to get over that barrier that the other girlfriends have failed to so they are already starting off better."

Is it that she just 'likes' him, or is it more like love? ;)

Last edited:
Meghan comes from a world where almost any publicity is good publicity. She's learning that isn't the case in the BRF. Take the Jamaica pics, she was probably all like 'Babykins what's the big deal, just beach pics' and Harry will have explained the deal to her between private life and public. If she marries Harry, she goes from being a celebrity to basically a lifetime civil servant and it's a big difference between the two

Last edited:
I've got a feeling that from their first dates Harry would have explained his (and his brother's) attitude to the British media and tabloid intrusions as experienced by the BRF. By Jamaica I don't think anything would come as a surprise to Meghan, more especially after the November statement, and her closing The Tig down, denying tabs like the DM an almost daily source for a while.

Meghan comes from a world where almost any publicity is good publicity. She's learning that isn't the case in the BRF. Take the Jamaica pics, she was probably all like 'Babykins what's the big deal, just beach pics' and Harry will have explained the deal to her between private life and public. If she marries Harry, she goes from being a celebrity to basically a lifetime civil servant and it's a big difference between the two

Most actors do not come from bad publicity is good publicity, that is mainly for reality tv stars or pop stars. Most actors who are serious are rather lowkey and don't court bad press.

If MM where courting bad publicity she would be VISIBLE, she would be seen on the red carpet, she is rarely seen.

Let's put it this way, if she wasn't dating Harry I doubt she'd have an issue with her beach pics being in magazines all over the world.

Celebrity publicity is different from royal publicity.

If she wasn't dating Harry her pics wouldn't be in magazines all over the world.

LaRae

Most actors do not come from bad publicity is good publicity, that is mainly for reality tv stars or pop stars. Most actors who are serious are rather lowkey and don't court bad press.

If MM where courting bad publicity she would be VISIBLE, she would be seen on the red carpet, she is rarely seen.

Indeed. I agree with you AlowVera. From following Meghan, prior to Prince Harry, I've never gotten the vibe from her about getting just any type of publicity. It was only in recent years that she rightfully started promoting herself more. And she always seemed selective in what she chose to do. Her fashion shoots were mainly promoting various and nice styles of day and outerwear and not tons of beachwear. Even her social media prior to Harry did not have a ton of information about people in her private personal life like a lot of other celebrities.

Cooking, travelling, yoga, charity events and promoting Suits were mainly her focus. And now she is barely seen, so it's nice recently that she has been involved in some of the celebrations for Suits season 7 and the 100th show.

How is 'any publicity good publicity' with Meghan, when she's closing down all forms of publicity tools for herself? She's given hardly any interviews, closed down the Tig, never posts on social media, and is barely seen. When was the last time she went to a public event, walked the red carpet etc? She's becoming more private after her relationship with Harry became public, and she was pretty private even before. Just because she's an actress doesn't mean she seeks out publicity and attention.

There are different types of celebrities. Those that do everything they can to call attention to themselves such as we've seen recently with the Beckhams and then there are professionals such as Meghan where acting is her profession and calling attention to herself to just be known is not in her playbook.

Meghan has done a pretty good job of keeping her private life private even before Harry came onto the scene. If she had been any kind of an attention seeker, Harry would have seen that from a mile away and things wouldn't have progressed as they have.

She's closing down her social media and the like because of Harry. She's not doing it out of nowhere.

Some people seem to find it difficult to accept that prior to Harry, Meghan ( like all celebrities) relied on having her name out there. Whether doing interviews, a blog, clothing line, whatever

Now that she seems by all accounts to be a royal in waiting, no more chatting with the king of tabloids Piers Morgan or posting cute pics of bananas spooning.

Exactly. This relationship is serious enough that slowly, but surely, Meghan is adapting her private life to be totally off limits to the public like Harry's is.

Even if this couple isn't heading anywhere near an engagement yet, one nice quality about Meghan is that she has enough respect for Harry to assure him that she will not be a cause of him unnecessarily getting press attention because of his public life. In this regard, she's already supporting Harry in his public life by keeping his private life as sacrosanct as she possibly can.

She's closing down her social media and the like because of Harry. She's not doing it out of nowhere.

Some people seem to find it difficult to accept that prior to Harry, Meghan ( like all celebrities) relied on having her name out there. Whether doing interviews, a blog, clothing line, whatever

Now that she seems by all accounts to be a royal in waiting, no more chatting with the king of tabloids Piers Morgan or posting cute pics of bananas spooning.

If she were to do part of her job which is promotion, keeping a social media presence, interacting with fans online, supporting brands...all of these actions are part of the job she would be called a famewhore.

There are different types of celebrities. Those that do everything they can to call attention to themselves such as we've seen recently with the Beckhams and then there are professionals such as Meghan where acting is her profession and calling attention to herself to just be known is not in her playbook.

Meghan has done a pretty good job of keeping her private life private even before Harry came onto the scene. If she had been any kind of an attention seeker, Harry would have seen that from a mile away and things wouldn't have progressed as they have.

I think there is middle ground in between being a Kardashian and being a totally reclusive actor. Alot of working actors supplement their income with promotion and branding.

Last edited by a moderator:

She still wasn't 'any publicity is good publicity' kind of celebrity. Her name was barely out there for anything other than her work. Part of her job is to promote the show, give interviews. And she made part of her income with a clothing line, good on her. She is a working actress. Was she supposed to live like a recluse before meeting Harry? I simply fail to see how she's seeking attention any way possible, because what I see is her closing all channels for that extra attention can come her way.

I'm thinking there's a reason for this added security, if it's true.

Morgan also did a stint replacing Larry King on the his CNN talk show. Meghan and her Suits coworkers have appeared on and also been interviewed by Larry. Not everyone associated Piers with only tabloid journalism.

And yes, prior to Harry, Meghan was active in promoting, however I did not see her courting 'any publicity (as) good publicity'.

She still wasn't 'any publicity is good publicity' kind of celebrity. Her name was barely out there for anything other than her work. Part of her job is to promote the show, give interviews. And she made part of her income with a clothing line, good on her. She is a working actress. Was she supposed to live like a recluse before meeting Harry? I simply fail to see how she's seeking attention any way possible, because what I see is her closing all channels for that extra attention can come her way.

I'm thinking there's a reason for this added security, if it's true.

I'm disgusted that she is supposedly not supposed to want to advance herself. This country is all about bettering yourself in your own right, not just waiting to be rescued via marriage.

:previous: You gotta know its the gospel truth when you read stuff like that because its your #1 source for Elvis sightings too. Wonder if Elvis told her that the engagement to Harry just wouldn't ever work out and she'd end up being all shook up? :eek:

:lol::lol::lol:

I'm disgusted that she is supposedly not supposed to want to advance herself. This country is all about bettering yourself in your own right, not just waiting to be rescued via marriage.

well if she wants to better herself fine. if she wants to be Royal, then she has to live a different sort of life. I am inclined to agree that although she's not that famous, and is mainly know in the UK for dating Harry, she probably does see Publicity as very important and courts it...
however she hasn't as far as I know achieved that much publicity this side of the Pond except as H's girlfriend. but if she wants to marry him, she's going to have to rein that in and only do PR in a very "tasteful" manner.

well if she wants to better herself fine. if she wants to be Royal, then she has to live a different sort of life. I am inclined to agree that although she's not that famous, and is mainly know in the UK for dating Harry, she probably does see Publicity as very important and courts it...
however she hasn't as far as I know achieved that much publicity this side of the Pond except as H's girlfriend. but if she wants to marry him, she's going to have to rein that in and only do PR in a very "tasteful" manner.

How does she court the publicity? What PR does she need to rein in? I'm confused, really, to read how she does all this pr and wants publicity, when I see the exact opposite.

I've seen her do nothing to court the media since early on in her relationship. She figured out pretty quickly things would get out of hand. She's hardly put a foot wrong since everything became public.

I don't think anyone could expect anything more.

LaRae

The only recent publicity Meghan has actively participated in was in relation to her role on Suits. They did a table reading of an episode. It wasn't just Meghan but the cast along with her. That was all part and parcel of how she makes her living and is probably included in her contract for the program.

Other than that, we've seen very little of Meghan. On both sides of the pond too.

She isn't a royal yet and she shouldn't be expected to change her life as if she has to 'audition' for the role and adjust to a way of life. Kate (Duchess Kate) might have chosen to curtail a career, but that was a choice, not a requirement. She has no business being asked to change anything about her career and as far as I'm concerned she might not get the ring and she has gotten a lot of press, but has frankly not entered into any legal obligation to abide by some code of conduct.

The only recent publicity Meghan has actively participated in was in relation to her role on Suits. They did a table reading of an episode. It wasn't just Meghan but the cast along with her. That was all part and parcel of how she makes her living and is probably included in her contract for the program.

Other than that, we've seen very little of Meghan. On both sides of the pond too.

Exactly! Meghan barely goes outside! What is she supposed to do? Harry manages to go out, and it is okay, but she's supposed to become a recluse? This is ridiculous. Meghan's conduct has been exemplary, especially the way that she's handled the hostile media onslaught.

My original point was that because she's a celebrity and used to paparazzi, some people think that will help in her princess role and I disagree.

Her concept of celebrity and fame would have been different from Harry's concept of celebrity and fame.

Now that they've been together for a year there is probably a lot more common ground.

William gave an interview during the Jubilee and one of his comments was that his grandmother isn't a fan of celebrity

I never said she wasn't allowed to live her life the way she wants although she is clearly modifying herself since dating Harry.

Last edited:
She isn't a royal yet and she shouldn't be expected to change her life as if she has to 'audition' for the role and adjust to a way of life. Kate (Duchess Kate) might have chosen to curtail a career, but that was a choice, not a requirement. She has no business being asked to change anything about her career and as far as I'm concerned she might not get the ring and she has gotten a lot of press, but has frankly not entered into any legal obligation to abide by some code of conduct.

It's got nothing to do with legal obligations.

Many jobs require sacrifice as do most relationships. Whatever she decides she does so of her own free will.

LaRae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom