Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I may be naive but I thought the two banana's spooning was cute (and believe me 'cute' is not a word I use often). I think the head down is hardly surprising as the probability of being tired after a holiday and a transatlantic flight is pretty high and going back to work when you've had to leave your other half behind sure puts work in the ho-hum zone and seems to have put a dampener on things. However, I hope she continues to be herself and smile for the cameras.

Oh it was cute and all...it just ended up being like tossing chum out to the sharks (aka media). Don't want to go down that road.

LaRae

I really do think that this covert keep it all a secret BS has to stop. IF she's happy about this relationship she has that right and frankly I think she has a right to be open and happy about it. I am fed up with the Windsorian 'don't ask don't tell' mantra. They're a couple and are happy, so they should be able to share their joy in each other with others.

Not gonna happen because the media won't leave them alone...and the media won't leave them alone because a certain percentage of the public will pay for those tabloids etc. You can hardly blame the BRF for drawing a hard line.

I believe they do share their joy with family and trusted friends and that is pretty much how 'normal' folks do it too. When it comes to public it's a different ballgame.

LaRae

With who should they share? I mean their friends and family (who they trust and are close to) most likely know a lot, they share with them. Harry's friends seemed to like Meghan in the few pictures we saw from that wedding they attended. But as for sharing with the general public, anything extra would be crazy, and feed into the tabloid frenzy. Unfortunately, anything Meghan does in the public, be it a charity trip to India or whatever her half sister will come down on her like a thunderstorm. Each time. And then it's another tabloid frenzy.

I'm fine with them being on the down low, if it makes them happy, and gives this relationship chance to grow stronger.

I'm with those that have the opinion that the more that they can keep their relationship under wraps, the better. Its kind of like Pandora's Box when it comes to the media. If they, all of a sudden, start being available for the media and parade and exhibit their relationship now before an engagement, should they marry and want the press to back off on their private life, it'd be almost next to impossible.

Better to keep everything private under the radar completely no matter if they get engaged and married. Keep a firm leash on what becomes public or not.

The only people who need to know, and deserve to know, know. Their family, friends, maybe coworkers a bit. No one else is entitled to details.

Meghan has not been forced to hide her relationship. It's not some dark secret she can't share with those who matter. Considering how her social media has been stalked, it makes sense for Her to close or make it private. When there are articles about what her home looks like based on Instagram, you know there are no boundaries.

They aren't hiding in shame. They are dating with the privacy they can find. In time there will be public sightings. There will be engagement and wedding. There will be public events. But they are just establishing their private.

I don't think that Harry and Meghan have been at all covert. This couple is in their thirties and they are not out partying every night. When she is in the UK he has obligations and when he is in Toronto she has obligations, so it is hardly surprising that all they want to do is unwind in each other's company.

If they do become engaged they will do it when it suits them and to be honest, it would be darned inconvenient for Meghan trying to hold down a job with a rabid press chasing her hither and yon.

Staying in with each other and enjoying just being in each other's company is probably right on the money, Marg. Although its still brought up from time to time, I think we can file the title of "Party Prince" in the ancient history folder.

Harry has matured. He's taking is royal roles and making the best out of them. He's found himself someone he can be a "homebody" with and make the very best out of a long distance relationship. Most of all, he seems to be a man that is comfortable in his own skin that has a lot to look forward to in his life.

Our Harry is all grown up. :D

Staying in with each other and enjoying just being in each other's company is probably right on the money, Marg. Although its still brought up from time to time, I think we can file the title of "Party Prince" in the ancient history folder.

Harry has matured. He's taking is royal roles and making the best out of them. He's found himself someone he can be a "homebody" with and make the very best out of a long distance relationship. Most of all, he seems to be a man that is comfortable in his own skin that has a lot to look forward to in his life.

Our Harry is all grown up. :D

Yes, he has grown up.

Being inside with your partner is the best thing. Couples in their twenties want to out on the town all the time. People are getting older and can't do stuff like that all the time. They get out when they feel like it though.

I'm with those that have the opinion that the more that they can keep their relationship under wraps, the better. Its kind of like Pandora's Box when it comes to the media. If they, all of a sudden, start being available for the media and parade and exhibit their relationship now before an engagement, should they marry and want the press to back off on their private life, it'd be almost next to impossible.

Better to keep everything private under the radar completely no matter if they get engaged and married. Keep a firm leash on what becomes public or not.

Sort of a paradox, then, us here, talking about them.

Its a reality that anyone that has a very public life comes to realize. The public is always going to be interested in them, their lives, what they wear and where they go. There have been royal watchers as long as there have been royals. In 20 years time there'll be scads of threads on George and Charlotte and who they're dating and what they're doing.

In the 90s all barriers between the private and the public lives of some royals came tumbling down like a house made of feathers and those that lived those times have had a heck of a job rebuilding those barriers to be secure, impenetrable ones that define public and private.

Oh. I read something interesting that I thought I'd throw into the mix here. Should Harry choose to marry at St. George's Chapel, he'll be getting married in the same place he was baptized at. :D

Last edited:
I think so too. She's done great with the media so far. At first I wasn't too sure with her flirty pics with the bananas and appearing to hint about stuff....but she's totally stopped that...

Well, based on what Meghan says on her Instagram, the bananas picture was sent to her by a friend, as was the matchsticks picture (which are both on her Instagram). Both pics were posted by Meghan months before the news she was dating Harry broke wide open publicly in early November, after a number of gossipy references in the media in October had led to paps setting out on the hunt, harassing her family and friends.

From her interviews, clips, features and public appearances on Youtube that took place prior to early November, and from her Instagram posts and her former Tig blog site, it seems to me that Meghan is a very upbeat, down-to-earth and fun-loving person. No matter the fact that she's used to being in the public eye, and no matter her receiving counsel and advice from Harry and his closest advisers, this kind of endless public reaction and over-fascination with her life and her every move has got to be unsettling. When she posted some of those Instagram pictures, I doubt she had any idea of the blatant negativity and endless media barrage to come.

To me the bananas and matchsticks pics seem lighthearted and fun, not flaunting. It's the offensiveness by negative, jealous people, and venomous media piranhas that make those pictures out to be something terrible and faux pas. The truth is, Meghan can no longer be the person she was, and to a degree I find that sad (even though for her its due to a happy reason of falling in love -- he just happens to be a famous high profile person who has been followed by millions since birth). The complication for Meghan has been that she is an actor who sought out the public eye as part of her profession, so there's a lot of information out there about her pre-Harry, which is very unusual for a serious girlfriend of a royal. Being familiar with public life is a huge asset for Meghan, but it has downsides too because of tabloids making up stories from past articles and acting roles. Meghan has definitely learned the necessity to pull all the way back from her usual fun, genuine and spirited way of interacting with her friends and her followers. She can't interact publicly anymore in the ways she has been accustomed to interacting, and that's why she closed down her Tig blog. Now there are too many strangers around the world who are interested in and speculative about her every move, every article of clothing and accessory, every expression, every social media post, every utterance (past, present, future).

Probably, in their early months together, Harry was very cautious and likely he didn't discuss too much about how bad the intrusiveness could get. Seemingly, he reassured Meghan that he would maintain their privacy as long as he could. He surely was concerned about her not being frightened away before they even had the chance to get to know each other out of the glare of publicity (as he'd experienced that headache with his previous girlfriends). In any case, Meghan was used to being in the public eye, so she may not have felt too worried about the news they were dating eventually getting out. Harry must have been overjoyed about being able to fly under the radar as long as they did. Once things began to blow-up, he moved quickly to warn the media and put a stop to the nastiest negativity and harassment.

Last edited:
These quotes and links are totally unnecessary. There really is no need to rehash this unseemly gossip. The tabloids, E! News, Meghan's crazy family, etc, can't be trusted. They are trying to manage a long-distance relationship, with the entire world watching! I really do feel for them.

The British tabloids obviously go too far, and their behavior is indefensible. For me personally, I admit I am interested in Meghan and Harry because I think they are classy young people with intriguing personalities. I am curious about their relationship and how they met, but I also do not want to pry too much, even though I may be guilty of over-reaching and over-fascination with their relationship. The needless insinuations and purely made-up stuff that the tabloids print (re the inane faux diary, and the idiotic 'bum war' non-story in The Sun) are the kinds of ridiculous, offensive stuff that will only keep Meghan and Harry even more low profile and protective of their relationship.

Obviously, too much public fascination is part of the problem because that's in part what the tabloids are feeding. But people who have genuine interest and goodwill I would think are mainly hoping to access straightforward news that is not too prying. For example, I would like to know when and how they actually met, but perhaps the factual details will remain a mystery only known to them and their closest intimates. To be honest, I'm impressed with Meghan's character & personality. Also, because I was interested in Diana years ago, I remember when Harry was born and I remember seeing pictures of him through the years growing up. I never followed Harry that closely as he became a teenager and a young adult. I would read things about Harry occasionally, and I've read books about the royal family for years. Harry always seemed like a happy, fun person (aside from the terrible sadness surrounding his mother's death). I never knew a great deal about the emotional challenges he faced as an adolescent and young adult until recently. And after seeing some past interviews where he spoke of wanting to have a family and how he hoped to find someone who would be willing to take him on along with the royal burden, it's rather nice to see his hopes finally appearing to be realized.

I don't click on the obvious made-up stories which I can tell are made-up by seeing headlines and name of publications via a Google search. Such clickbait can be found on Google every single day. And by this point, it's clear the majority are complete nonsense. The gossip site that I linked to earlier I came across by accident when I clicked on an innocuous picture of Meghan and Serena (at an event where they first met in 2014). I thought I was clicking on an article link/ originating source of the picture, but it opened to the gossip site. And some of the information there, I hadn't seen or heard before. Obviously, much of it doesn't have to be true. Although, it's speculative rehash, I was glad to see it debunks the notion that Meghan parted with her former boyfriend because of Harry. Also, the so-called Markle family friend who was named, had all positive things to say. In the beginning, when news first broke that M&H were dating, it's entirely possible that some insiders had permission to reveal positive information. It's also not out of the realm of possibility that some casual acquaintances who were aware of certain details spoke to other friends to the point where fact-based gossip ended up being leaked to media outlets.

Some of the more positive stories printed in E-news and a few other U.S. publications, clearly include information that was provided by insiders who had the permission of M&H. For example, the positive quotes awhile back by Meghan's friend Lindsay Roth, were purposely passed on to the media to counteract the spiteful untruths and hypocrisy of Meghan's half-sister.

I'm not going to act like I'm not interested in Meghan, or that my interest is so much more holier and above board than anyone else's. :ermm: Suffice to say, I'd like to know more, but I'm not interested in vile, made-up clickbait and harmful, offensive innuendo. I'm impressed by the caliber of person I got to know Meghan to be via her Instagram, her humanitarian work, pictures with her friends and her dogs, her U.N. speech, her sharing of inspirational quotes, her many pre-Harry interviews and her acting and modeling gigs.

The British tabloids obviously go too far, and their behavior is indefensible. For me personally, I admit I am interested in Meghan and Harry because I think they are classy young people with intriguing personalities. I am curious about their relationship and how they met, but I also do not want to pry too much, even though I may be guilty of over-reaching and over-fascination with their relationship. The needless insinuations and purely made-up stuff that the tabloids print (re the inane faux diary, and the idiotic 'bum war' non-story in The Sun) are the kinds of ridiculous, offensive stuff that will only keep Meghan and Harry even more low profile and protective of their relationship.

Obviously, too much public fascination is part of the problem because that's in part what the tabloids are feeding. But people who have genuine interest and goodwill I would think are mainly hoping to access straightforward news that is not too prying. For example, I would like to know when and how they actually met, but perhaps the factual details will remain a mystery only known to them and their closest intimates. To be honest, I'm impressed with Meghan's character & personality. Also, because I was interested in Diana years ago, I remember when Harry was born and I remember seeing pictures of him through the years growing up. I never followed Harry that closely as he became a teenager and a young adult. I would read things about Harry occasionally, and I've read books about the royal family for years. Harry always seemed like a happy, fun person (aside from the terrible sadness surrounding his mother's death). I never knew a great deal about the emotional challenges he faced as an adolescent and young adult until recently. And after seeing some past interviews where he spoke of wanting to have a family and how he hoped to find someone who would be willing to take him on along with the royal burden, it's rather nice to see his hopes finally appearing to be realized.

I don't click on the obvious made-up stories which I can tell are made-up by seeing headlines and name of publications via a Google search. Such clickbait can be found on Google every single day. And by this point, it's clear the majority are complete nonsense. The gossip site that I linked to earlier I came across by accident when I clicked on an innocuous picture of Meghan and Serena (at an event where they first met in 2014). I thought I was clicking on an article link/ originating source of the picture, but it opened to the gossip site. And some of the information there, I hadn't seen or heard before. Obviously, much of it doesn't have to be true. Although, it's speculative rehash, I was glad to see it debunks the notion that Meghan parted with her former boyfriend because of Harry. Also, the so-called Markle family friend who was named, had all positive things to say. In the beginning, when news first broke that M&H were dating, it's entirely possible that some insiders had permission to reveal positive information. It's also not out of the realm of possibility that some casual acquaintances who were aware of certain details spoke to other friends to the point where fact-based gossip ended up being leaked to media outlets.

Some of the more positive stories printed in E-news and a few other U.S. publications, clearly include information that was provided by insiders who had the permission of M&H. For example, the positive quotes awhile back by Meghan's friend Lindsay Roth, were purposely passed on to the media to counteract the spiteful untruths and hypocrisy of Meghan's half-sister.

I'm not going to act like I'm not interested in Meghan, or that my interest is so much more holier and above board than anyone else's. :ermm: Suffice to say, I'd like to know more, but I'm not interested in vile, made-up clickbait and harmful, offensive innuendo. I'm impressed by the caliber of person I got to know Meghan to be via her Instagram, her humanitarian work, pictures with her friends and her dogs, her U.N. speech, her sharing of inspirational quotes, her many pre-Harry interviews and her acting and modeling gigs.

No one is saying that we are not interested in Meghan - we would not be on this forum! However, there are just some sources that have shown that they are unreliable. I think that members of this forum, appreciate having a place to express ourselves, without having to deal with the trash that's present, in all of the other Prince Harry/Meghan outlets. There is enough nastiness out there.

Actually because TRF asks us to stick to credible sources of information when we post and not to just post speculations and gossips that's everywhere else out in cyberspace, these forums have been in existence for a long, long time.

That's the big difference I think between being a royal watcher and a fan or groupie of a personality. We not only "watch" what Harry gets up to but along with following his activities, we also learn how things work in the British constitutional monarchy, its history and absolutely go ga-ga for all the pomp and pageantry when it happens.

With many of us here being interested as royal watchers for a long time, of course the fact that Harry just might have found the "one" for him is going to spark tremendous interest in Meghan.

Meghan trying on wedding dresses according to the DM
I'm not going to put up the link. You all know how to see it.
I don't believe it's true it's something a young girl would do not a 35 woman. She wouldn't be so silly to play games like that with the media

I agree. If and when the time comes, her dress will be like a top secret worthy of being protected like Fort Knox. :D

This has been discussed on the thread several times before, but briefly Church of England rules re divorcees have changed since Prince Charles and Camilla and Anne and Tim were married. There can be a full Church of England religious ceremony in a church, and it's fine for the Queen to attend.

Yes discussed over and over, but sure why not again! Someone new might be watching! ?

H&M are not a typicial royal couple, unlike Kate who put her life on hold for what seems like a lost decade, Meghan has fully lived her twenties and so far thirties and Harry has army experiences I imagine William can only envy.

Thinking the Court of H&M will far out fun the Court of W&C ! Ahem! :nutcracker:

I would hope people would know that Royal brides wedding dresses are designed for them. They don't go and try on wedding dresses like most brides.

We have to be very cautious about what we read and believe.

Oh good grief! The media are getting more desperate & ridiculous in their reporting. As if the future wife of a prince would actually wear an off the rack wedding dress!

And not to be outdone the daily fail has a 24 page magazine spread to celebrate the couples one year anniversary! The couple have only been photographed together a handful of times & we hardly know what they get up to, but yet we have twenty-four bloody pages to celebrate this occasion!! In it Harry's 'friends' say he will propose before the invictus games in September. As if Harry would make public such information to spoil the surprise for Meghan!

Prince Harry will propose to Meghan Markle this year | Daily Mail Online

Last edited:
I agree. If and when the time comes, her dress will be like a top secret worthy of being protected like Fort Knox. :D

IIRC they kept Diana's locked in a vault in the store!

No way is she out trying on dresses ....they are trying to create (they being the media) news in hopes they can get a reaction of some sort...and of course sell papers.

People please do not buy these tabloids!

LaRae

I love it when a article says he is going to ask her to marry him. Do they really think we would believe them and that Harry has told everyone except Meghan. I wonder how much they get paid for writing this rubbish.

By the by I don't see her wearing some amazing lace and long train dress. I think a very simple dress is more likely. It is her 2nd wedding and she will be in her late thirties so elegant I think. If it ever comes to a wedding

Last edited by a moderator:
By the by I don't see her wearing some amazing lace and long train dress. I think a very simple dress is more likely. It is her 2nd wedding and she will be in her late thirties so elegant I think. If it ever comes to a wedding

That's in part also why I think, assuming they marry, they won't have a big formal type wedding..that it will be more informal, smaller and certainly she not going to wear not a big dress. Her style seems much like Kate's is at times so I look for simple/elegant and off white colors.

LaRae

I read the DM article and it was a load of B.S. Like any royal bride-to-be Meghan's gown would be custom made; and she would want a different design from Kate's, Camilla's or Sophie's. Meghan may also choose an American designer to represent her roots for the wedding, and a British designer for the formal reception to represent her new status as a princess of the United Kingdom. (She'll have the title of duchess, though.)

If they were going to write anything about Harry and Meghan, they could explore how their marriage could enhance the "special relationship" between the U.S. & U.K., how they handle the press and that may be dog whistle racism. Meghan's adjustment to royal life is a good subject, especially where she has to embrace customs that Americans would forego, such as curtsying to another royal of higher rank; or does she still put her hand over her heart when the American national anthem is played. Those would be interesting articles to me, but that's just me.

I'm not clicking on any tabloid links, so I'm just commenting on what has been posted here. I can't believe that writers for the tabloids are actually paid for so much of the supposed fiction that they supposedly write. And why do the editors publish such rubbish?

Meghan's TV character in Suits has been engaged for over a year, if she was actually seen trying on dresses, it was most likely for her TV show. However, I don't even believe that she was trying on wedding gowns. I think the Tabloids are just ticked that they didn't get any H&M pictures when she was in London and no pictures this year of Meghan at Wimbledon so they continue with the click bait articles, writing rubbish that even an amateur blogger wouldn't post for fear of embarrassment.

Actually because TRF asks us to stick to credible sources of information when we post and not to just post speculations and gossips that's everywhere else out in cyberspace, these forums have been in existence for a long, long time.

That's the big difference I think between being a royal watcher and a fan or groupie of a personality. We not only "watch" what Harry gets up to but along with following his activities, we also learn how things work in the British constitutional monarchy, its history and absolutely go ga-ga for all the pomp and pageantry when it happens.

With many of us here being interested as royal watchers for a long time, of course the fact that Harry just might have found the "one" for him is going to spark tremendous interest in Meghan.

Exactly! That's why I love reading the comments, because I always learn a tremendous amount.

I'm not clicking on any tabloid links, so I'm just commenting on what has been posted here. I can't believe that writers for the tabloids are actually paid for so much of the supposed fiction that they supposedly write. And why do the editors publish such rubbish?

Meghan's TV character in Suits has been engaged for over a year, if she was actually seen trying on dresses, it was most likely for her TV show. However, I don't even believe that she was trying on wedding gowns. I think the Tabloids are just ticked that they didn't get any H&M pictures when she was in London and no pictures this year of Meghan at Wimbledon so they continue with the click bait articles, writing rubbish that even an amateur blogger wouldn't post for fear of embarrassment.

I agree! Rachel and Mike are getting married, and Meghan was probably shopping for the show. Meghan shopped for Rachel's last dress. DeeT, I believe that the media are beginning to turn up the negativity, because of Harry's misquoted Newsweek article, and as you also suggested, they did not get the Wimbledon photos! Everyone's becoming restless, and they are making things up, to keep the clicks coming.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think it'd be for Suits, mostly because the actress doesn't just get to choose a dress; the wardrobe mistress will pick out a selection of dresses based on the scene that they want to set (where's the wedding taking place, what kind of bride do they want to portray her as, etc). The dresses will be brought to the Suits production offices. Meghan won't be out and about just looking at dresses.

In fact, for her season six aborted wedding, they did a deal with Kleinfeld Bridal; they did a promotional video that cross-promo'd Suits and Kleinfeld, and probably got a deal on the dress because of it.
(As it happens, they used a dress that wasn't on that rack.) There was also an article in Glamour about the process: https://www.glamour.com/story/suits-wedding-dress-rachel-zane. The article makes it clear that the choice was clearly a collaboration, but the wardrobe mistress had a lot of input.

In order of most to least likely, here are the options that I see:

1. Meghan tried on dresses several years ago, and someone sold the story as new.
  2. Meghan had a friend tell another friend that she suspected of leaking that she'd been trying on dresses in order to smoke out the leaker.
  3. Meghan tried on dresses with a friend she suspected of leaking.
  4. Meghan was out with a friend who convinced her to try on a dress, and then the friend sold the story.
  5. Meghan tried on two dresses for funsies to play with the press.
  6. Meghan tried on dresses for Suits.

Last edited:
I'll go with

1. Meghan tried on dresses several years ago, and someone sold the story as new.

As that's all the tabloids have been doing of late, retelling old stories as new. Just a few days ago, the Fail printed rubbish about Meghan implying that she was getting ready for the summer season, however they used photos she'd taken over a year ago and it appears that the Fail ummm failed to disclose to readers that the photos were old.

Since the tabloids have no real recent story or pictures about Meghan and Harry, they just created their own, using the same unprofessional behaviour they've done for previous fake stories.

The strongest indication yet that the story about her trying on wedding dresses is total BS, is The Sun newspaper who initially ran the story on their front page have now taken down the article. The daily fail have also followed by taking theirs down also.

I wouldn't be surprised if someone in Meghan’s camp made a formal complaint. I guess writing that she has recently been trying on wedding gowns is crossing the line because not only is it clearly false but it suggests that a wedding is imminent. Unfortunately the damage has already been done & many other outlets are now carrying the same story.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom