Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's around 4:17 am in London right now so I'm guessing this was last night (London time) they were spotted?

LaRae

It was 12 hours ago, at about 4:30 pm London time

Harry seemed to have a 'type - 'willowy' blondes, so Meghan is a departure from his previous 2 long term gfs in that regard.
Meghan is from the USA so that's a first, although Chelsea wasn't british either.
Meghan is 2 years older than Harry, so that's different.
Meghan is also divorced, which at her age in the modern world is not unusual.
Combining all of these factors I'd say Meghan is not the 'type' I would have predicted that Harry would end up with.

She and Serena are friends and Serena isn't playing this year, so I'm not really expecting Meghan to be there this year, maybe she's friends w/ Venus as well & will watch her matches?

Thanks for your reflections. Meghan is actually 3 years and just over a month older than Prince Harry. She will be 36 on August 4, while Harry will turn 33 on September 15. That age difference means very little when you're in your thirties and have lots of interests in common. Princess Angela of Lichtenstein is 11 years 3 1/2 months older than her husband, Prince Maximilian. And theirs was quite clearly a love match that has lasted. They have one son, born when Princess Angela was 43 years old. Duchess Kate is slightly older than Prince William too, but barely.

Personally, other than the refreshing surprise of Meghan not being a blonde, I was never fixated on what 'type' of young lady Harry would be interested in marrying. :D

At this point, I think it's safe to say that Meghan appears to be the 'right type' for Harry Windsor. ;)

BTW, both Chelsy and Cressida are blondes, but I wouldn't describe either as 'willowy.' :lol:

In the Wimbledon thread, Duchess Kate has been made 'patron' of Wimbledon, and she has a snazzy new hairstyle and slightly shortened her hair's length. Meghan's spiffy personal style should keep everyone on their toes. I think it's a good thing. Not that Kate don't have many style secrets of her own. Perhaps Kate and Meghan will share tips with each other. :flowers:

Last edited:
I just read that someone on twitter posted that they saw Harry and Meghan together. So, where could they be?

the first sighting was the paddington station, second sighting was on the train possibly in route to berkshire, using google powers the newbury station in berkshire has a route from paddington to newbury.

I usually take sightings with a grain of salt but these two sightings match up.

Using further googling powers Highclere Manor is in Newbury....which is where I would go but who knows.

Last edited:
Let's trust twitter because they were so right when they had Philip being dead earlier this year. [emoji848]

Harry does travel by train sometimes however, and he stays with friends in the country. He has no duties for a few days.

Let's trust twitter because they were so right when they had Philip being dead earlier this year. [emoji848]

Its just a maybe but sometimes twitter does pan out like when PH went to Norway. I'm usually interested if there is more than one sighting. What makes this interesting is that both sightings coincide with regards to the Paddington Station and also the train possibly in route to Newbury Berkshire.

Its just interesting to me.

These two are very good at going totally incognito. They must one of Harry Potter's invisibility cloaks.

These two are very good at going totally incognito. They must one of Harry Potter's invisibility cloaks.

Harry did mention putting on a baseball cap, he seems to know how to blend in.

Even in a ball cap I don't know how folks don't recognize him.

LaRae

Do people necessarily stare at others on train journeys though? I know I don't unless somebody's directly opposite. Of course the RPOs would be sitting nearby, but otherwise it would just be a red-bearded man and a dark haired woman sitting together.

Not stare...but I'd think he would be recognizable enough for folks to do a double take...add a dark haired woman with him ...just adds to the ID.

I'm good with faces though, maybe others don't have that face recall type of thing.

LaRae

LaRae

I don't think we'll see Harry at Wimbledon. I don't think he's even remotely interested in tennis. Then again, seeing as Meghan might be, they just might surprise us and show up.

If Meghan were to show up at Wimbledon without Harry, that would really get the Daily Smell's tongues wagging. :D

Oh heavens they would go into a tailspin.

LaRae

Watching a really corny made for TV movie. Usually don't but starring guess who :lol:

I really don't think it would be hard to go unnoticed on train. As long as protection aren't obvious. People are occupied with their phones, with each other. Some people try to actively not make eye contact with people on public transport. A couple of people in baseball caps on a train, even with red hair, may get a passing glance at best.

:previous:
I ride public transportation all the time and see just about everyone on their phone doing whatever. I think Harry and Meghan can get away with not being noticed well except for me as I refused to have one of those phones, to confusing for me so I people watch all the time. Being into fashion I look at how girls and boys are dressed. So if wearing a baseball cap and glued to a phone with a girl beside you glued to her phone which is what i see all the time......Harry will pass with flying colors of not being noticed. And off they go wherever to have a great time together..

I think they have just had a wonderful long weekend spent together with no outside pressure on them. Maybe they saw some of his family maybe they just sunned themselves in the garden. Either way, the spent it together and I imagine that if Meghan isn't already home, she's on the way.

IIRC she was shown at the airport towards the end of last week headed to London.

LaRae

I believe the train stories, because they make sense to me. Plus, the accounts seem credible. It's clear that Meghan and Harry spend time together, we just don't know when since they are good at hiding. I do think it's funny that some people (on other sites I visit) don't believe it because there are no pics. How rude would it be to take pics on them on the train? I'm glad no one stooped to that level.

I'm also glad no one took pictures of them on the train. Harry just voiced his thoughts about this type of intrusion in his last interview that caused so much discussion.

Plus even when there are pictures there are some people who believe that they are just photoshopped. At the end of the day when he's ready Harry will let us know more about his relationship.

Yeah considering Meghan was seen headed to London towards the end of last week I think it's credible they saw them on the train. He used to ride the train with Cressie and who knows who else. If people are being nicer and NOT getting the cell phones out, that's a good thing!

LaRae

She doesn't seem to know much more than the rest of the world.

LaRae

I'm glad Prince Harry and Meghan have had a year to get to really know each other in private, but i feel now it's time they start going to some places where there might be a bit of publicity, such as Wimbledon or whatever, so that Meghan can see what it might be like should they take their relationship to the next level. Because that will always be part of Prince Harry's life.

Meghan seems like a very nice young woman and I do like her way of dressing. Should there be a marriage, it will be interesting to compare her style to Kate's. And as an offside, I really do like Kate's shorter hair.

They've known each other for roughly a year now, they've been masters at maintaining a very private relationship and to be honest, I think they're going to keep it that way no matter which way the relationship goes. I don't think they're going to start popping up in public everywhere, announce an engagement, get married and then draw a definitive line between their public and private lives. Those lines are already drawn and, I think, they'll keep it that way.

William and Kate have a very definitive line between their public lives and their lives in private with their family. I don't expect less from Harry. Perhaps with this relationship with Meghan, the blessing was to be able to keep it so private from the very beginning so I think for them, maintaining the privacy will be a top priority. There will be times they will be seen in public together but for a reason especially if they marry. Meghan is media wise enough to not really have to get "used to the idea" of press intrusion and has done remarkably well at giving them nothing really to work with other than what is already out there about her in public.

When someone wants to make something really stick, they don't draw the lines in the sand with a pencil that can be erased. They use indelible markers that make bold lines.

I agree and really like the spirit of what @EllieCat says. OTOH, I also agree with the spirit and wisdom of what @Osipi says, and I don't think either view is mutually exclusive.

I would like to see Meghan and Harry together in public more, but it's obvious that there's a feeding frenzy whenever they test the waters publicly, e.g., the outing to the theater, and the outing to Soho House, both times during the evening. They also got away with no shots of them taken when they went shopping for a Christmas tree together in December.

The problem is that whenever M&H do test those public waters, e.g., at the polo match in early May, the tabs and media go bat **** crazy, so M&H wisely pull back, all the way back. And then the tabs irresponsibly continue trolling around and making up all kinds of scurrilous non-stories, which only keeps M&H more determined to maintain an almost non-existent profile when it comes to their relationship. And so it goes.

Unfortunately, we will have to wait most likely until an engagement is announced before we will see more of M&H together. I agree with Osipi that M&H, with the full backing of the Palace, will keep a firm tether on their privacy. There will be no repeat of Diana-mania. I guess we will just have to get used to the unfolding of "How to Train the Tabloid Dragon to Temper Its Naughty, Disgusting Ways."

When we think about it, its possible that once an engagement is announced, privacy for the couple will be pretty secure in that most likely Meghan will move into Nott Cott and the KP area is pretty secure. She'll also be assigned her own RPO. As an engaged couple, we may see Meghan accompany Harry on various engagements so she'll be out and about in the public eye with Harry as a couple while their privacy still is strictly maintained.

It'll set a precedence that like William and Kate, they're seen out and about as they go along doing what they're supposed to be doing in support of the Queen or taking part in things that involve their charities and patronages. We'll get used to seeing Harry and Meghan in their public roles and it'll give Meghan the chance to get her toes in the water of royal life.

That's how I hope things go. This couple is careful not to make any kind of mistakes when it comes to the public and the media and their private life.

I'm glad Prince Harry and Meghan have had a year to get to really know each other in private, but i feel now it's time they start going to some places where there might be a bit of publicity, such as Wimbledon or whatever, so that Meghan can see what it might be like should they take their relationship to the next level. Because that will always be part of Prince Harry's life.

Meghan seems like a very nice young woman and I do like her way of dressing. Should there be a marriage, it will be interesting to compare her style to Kate's. And as an offside, I really do like Kate's shorter hair.

Well, given that style threads are usually about a single royal person's style and comparisons stray off topic, I really do hope that whomever Harry marries, that if people want to do a regular head to head comparison with Catherine's style that it gets its own thread. Fingers crossed.

I imagine once MH is done filming for this season they may be a little more public or maybe semi-public.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom