Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's think this through: isn't there a long established tradition (sequence) of events that occurs with a royal couple on the road to engagement/marriage? :cool: Like don't they have to be seen at family events together, and at least one event with the Queen present? Am I wrong on that?

If so, then Meghan and Harry are a long ways from sealing the deal, methinks. :flowers:

Harry and Meghan have kept things so close to the vest and kept the media out of it so much that the only clue we're ever going to really have is an official announcement from KP and Harry and Meghan together with her wearing his ring. Until then, I don't want to play the guessing game.

No, I don't remember Diana wearing many emeralds or rubies at all, except the emerald choker she wore as a bandeau across her forehead when she danced with Charles in Australia.

She was a pearls sort of gal, especially when she was younger, and sapphires. I think pearl chokers are lovely but younger royals don't wear them now, gone completely out of fashion. However, I think Meghan will get a ruby engagement ring. For some reason I believe emeralds are a long shot though she might receive an emerald parure as a wedding gift from her in laws.

I don't see Meghan getting a parure from the queen. Brooch, necklace, earrings, ring, bracelet and tiara as a matching set? All that bling going to the wife of the fifth in line to the throne when two future queens - one a future queen the other to be determined - didn't get a demiparure as wedding gifts? No way.

I'd say Harry will have the means to buy his wife enough jewels...not to mention Charles is rather fond of buying the women in his life (to include Kate) jewelry. Then there are the BRF jewels which would be accessible by his wife as loaners....and then there are Diana's jewels which can be worn as is or re-worked.

LaRae

The only piece of jewelry on Meghan (should it happen) that would really matter would be that ring of Welsh gold. Everything else (besides an engagement ring) is window dressing.

Let's think this through: isn't there a long established tradition (sequence) of events that occurs with a royal couple on the road to engagement/marriage? :cool: Like don't they have to be seen at family events together, and at least one event with the Queen present? Am I wrong on that?

If so, then Meghan and Harry are a long ways from sealing the deal, methinks. :flowers:

Well, summer is here. Usually there are things going on at Balmoral.

Well, I suppose an extended family event has already happened, with Pippa's wedding and they were both at the party.

I'm up for correction here, but as far as I remember the only event the public were aware of at which both Kate and the Queen were present before the engagement was the wedding of Peter and Autumn Phillips. I remember photos of Harry, Chelsy and Kate featured in Hello magazine at the reception. However, William wasn't present. I think he was at another function overseas.

Harry doesn't usually spend much time at Balmoral with his grandparents I believe, so it would be significant if he appeared there with Meghan. In fact I'd say cue for an official engagement announcement territory! However, she's reputedly flown to London so we may see them together there.

:previous: I don't know if they officially met but the queen and Kate were both at Williams graduation from Sandhurst.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2006/dec/16/monarchy.oliverburkeman

And yes, William missed peters wedding. He was in Kenya for the wedding if Batian Craig, the brother of Jecca.

Pippas wedding is not an extended family event. The Middletons are not Harrys family. Being invited as a plus one to Pippas wedding, is not the sane as being invited to say a lunch at Balmoral. It will be interesting to see if and when Meghan gets an invite by granny to visit Sandringham or Balmoral. Far more serious sign then going to brothers sister in laws wedding.

Last edited:
Meghan can meet The Queen at any time. Both privately and publicly. We might see it or it can happen without us even knowing about it. We know she met the Cambridge's and the Middleton's, but we don't know if she has met Charles yet. It could've happened privately, as the family gathers on a regular bases behind closed doors without anyone knowing. Or it just haven't happened yet. What we do know, the family knows about her and she knows about them. That's obvious!

Last edited:
^ Probably because the couple aren't yet giving them anything in the way of photos together as they're extremely careful of being seen on dates. I think it's getting a bit tiresome myself, as they've been together for about a year. However, as things are, that's what the media has to accept.
Harry and Meghan have kept things so close to the vest and kept the media out of it so much that the only clue we're ever going to really have is an official announcement from KP and Harry and Meghan together with her wearing his ring. Until then, I don't want to play the guessing game.
We certainly live in interesting times. When William courted Catherine the world watched, albeit from a distance as he dated her at University and later socially. They watched and interpreted to their heart's content and, when short on sightings or gossip, endlessly recycling photo's that only royal watchers picked were old and recycled.

That is not and cannot happen with Harry. To be honest the media can only say that they spent time together at Easter and after Christmas. The only problem was that they had all the trendy places staked out, thinking they would be dining, drinking and dancing the nights away. They forgot these two are in their thirties not twenties and managing a long distance relationship. The cherry on top is that Meghan likes to cook which meant they could stay home and enjoy each other's company or entertain friends or family that the press pays no attention to their comings and goings and visiting between KP, SJP, BP and CH without alerting the media isn't exactly brain surgery.

I don't actually think they are hiding their relationship, they just aren't being seen often in public preferring to spend the limited time they have with each other rather than in public.

They aren't hiding the relationship at all, IMHO. Harry's statement took care of that. They just aren't courting the public. But when they've been seen together, they clearly act like a couple, pretty natural and normal, not caring that their pda is seen.

I'm interested to see what they do few months from now, if suits gets picked up for season 8, and if Meghan signs up for that season.

Most likely for Wimbledon. ;)

Is Harry in Africa? I have read confusing reports. I wonder if she is staying at KP while he is away if he is indeed away.

Is she going over for Wimbledon?

LaRae

Channel 4 are creating a new show " Meet the Markles"

Channel 4 show Meet the Markles to reveal Meghan's life | Daily Mail Online

MEGHAN MARKLE reportedly dumped her ex-boyfriend, Canadian chef Cory Vitiello, for Prince Harry.

Meghan Markle’s EX: Canadian chef Cory Vitiello was DUMPED for Prince Harry | Life | Life & Style | Express.co.uk

Meghan Markle spotted in Toronto after visiting Prince Harry in London

Meghan Markle: Prince Harry’s girlfriend SPOTTED in Toronto | Style | Life & Style | Express.co.uk

Last edited by a moderator:

Good God! I'm afraid I jinxed it because the thought crossed my mind the other day that the trashy side of the family must have run out of people to pay them for info since we haven't heard from them in a while. But they were saving it up for their reality show. Mea culpa

I hope no one watches and they crawl back into the hole they came from.

Stay tuned, folks, for the next exciting episode where we see Samantha Grant in her starring role spewing out crapola about someone she hardly knows. :bang:

Sadly not unexpected, trashy family, a past they can explore. Guess she's strong enough to ignore it all.

Somehow, with Harry and his ginger hair, I don't think he's going to take to kindly to this at all.

Good gravy! Even the Middletons were never exploited to this extent and that's exactly what I think it is. Exploitation.

Somehow, with Harry and his ginger hair, I don't think he's going to take to kindly to this at all.

Good gravy! Even the Middletons were never exploited to this extent and that's exactly what I think it is. Exploitation.
He just has to accept it. The last thing the monarchy needs is that he gives another idiotic interview or releases a stupid press release.

Almost everyone I know has (right or wrong) lost a lot of respect for him, and he now has to be very carefull with what he does.

What I'd like to know is that if this program is being done without Meghan's approval, is there really anything she can do about it or does she really have to just sit back, grin and bear it? Its her life they're delving into.

I agree with you Royal Norway that there's not really much Harry could possibly do as the reality of it all is that he's just dating her at this time. Its not his place to step in actually.

There were docs on Catherine too. It's all up on YouTube. A lot of people who's quick to talk and think they know you better than yourself. I guess it's something that goes along with dating these very popular royals.

I've never noticed her wearing glasses before...

He just has to accept it. The last thing the monarchy needs is that he gives another idiotic interview or releases a stupid press release.

Almost everyone I know has (right or wrong) lost a lot of respect for him, and he now has to be very carefull with what he does.

I'm fortunate to know a lot of people who have even greater respect for Harry speaking up. There are some who still don't agree with his opinion, however do respect his honesty. While others who work in emergency services who truly respect that Harry has brought a lot of good and positive attention to decreasing the stigma about dealing with mental health issues.

I personally believe that those who are impacted by mistreatment and abuse have the right to speak, if they want, against others who desire to inflict pain and harm. Why let the bullies, criminals and other unsavoury people trample on and continue to inflict harm? Victims have rights too.

Yes, I have a large number of people in a circle of extended family and friends back in England, including two who served in the military, and none of them have lost one iota of respect or friendly feelings towards Harry.

Samantha Markle has replied to someone on her Twitter page, saying she knew nothing about any show, nobody's spoken to her about it and how ridiculous it was that the BBC should do a show about her family, lol.

So, unless she's lying through her back teeth, (possible, with her behaviour since last year) it would be rather odd for Channel 4 to say that such a show is in the works without Meghan's main prosecutor being centre stage.

Totally agree :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom