Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's be honest.. calling Meghan D-list is straight up just a way to insult her. "D-list" means people on reality television; it in no way reflects her level of accomplishment or fame.

If I wanted to insult the woman you would know it. A D list actress is nothing like a reality star mostly because reality stars aren't serious actors. I call Meghan D list because that is what her level of fame appears like to me. I am comparing her to the A list actresses like Scarlett a Johansson or Angelina. I would concede in calling her possibly C list but nothing above that. Apparently Suits is an ensemble show and I don't know her ranking among the other cast; is she top billing, second, third?
I like Meghan and have no reason to insult her, shes a working actress, and hearing about how much she gets paid an episode I would say she is a very successful working actress.
And I think Meghan is prettier than Giselle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: hel
I don't believe this thread is here to discuss the "fame" level of actresses and actors and butchers and bakers and candlestick makers. The only thing that is relevant here is Meghan's relationship with Harry. Her interests and her accomplishments are relevant as they show common ground for the relationship.

Last edited:
I just think she has a right to live her life as she sees fit; since she is not a member of the Rr, no is she British, she is not required to live life like a nun or like a royal, eschewing any opportunities that may come her way. She has a right to run naked down the Mall if she sees fit. I think she should enjoy this for as long as it lasts and frankly if she gets the ring, good for her. If not then she has earned a lot of press coverage and I am certain that there shouldn't be problems with her enjoying life all the more as is her basic human right.

I am not attacking anyone on this forum I just resent how her 'hustle' is disparaged.

Harry is going to marry Meghan and he couldn't careless what anyone that doesn't like it has to say. And his grandmother will not deny his request if he hasn't made it already which I think he has and they are already engaged!

So, all these objections and negativity is pointless no matter where it comes from.

I am just wondering what kind of ring he will give her :flowers:

I've been reading all these articles on the fact that Meghan has been invited to all of Pippa's wedding events.

I'm wondering if the couple are already secretly engaged? What on earth could explain the sudden change then?
If the groom's brother cannot bring his own girlfriend, how is it a friend of the bride can bring his girlfriend. ?
I'm thinking the couple will announce their engagement early summer with Meghan traveling with Harry to Africa in the fall.

My feeling is that because Harry is royalty, the rules don't apply. Also, I am not sure I believe the "no ring no bring" policy. The only place I have read it is the Daily Smell. Is there a better source I have missed that reported this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Aristocat, just to make sure, I do not disparage Meghan anything; I like the girl and I admire her work ethic. I just know there are some who think a royal marrying anyone associated with the entertainment industry is lowering themselves.

Aristocat, just to make sure, I do not disparage Meghan anything; I like the girl and I admire her work ethic. I just know there are some who think a royal marrying anyone associated with the entertainment industry is lowering themselves.

She not just an actress, but a successful kind and giving person. She's also smart as a whip. There's still more to learn about her as well. We really don't get to know more about royal girlfriends until things become official. We're still learning more about Catherine after a decade and some. It's about giving these young ladies a chance. People can't just write her off because she's an actress. It's all about what Harry wants anyway.

That opinion just shows how shallow and inept some people are to believe that associating 'with the entertainment industry is lowering..'. Anyhow what counts is the opinion of the person involved in the relationship and in this case HRH Prince Henry of Wales thinks and acts way above those with their irrelevant opinions.

Actually when we stop to think about it, the shallow concept that consorting with the people in the entertainment business is lowering is right along the lines of believing that mental health issues are a stigma and never to be talked about.

I think Harry is doing a good job dispelling both of these concepts and bringing things down to earth as he goes about his life just being Harry. :D

:previous:

The more bases you cover, the more chances you have to say "Haha, we were right!" in the future ;)

It won't be next year or long in the future. These two want children! And they are in their 30's people. I predict an engagement this year.

I think one major thing that keeps cropping up while discussing Harry and Meghan's relationship is that we tend to see each person through our own personal filters. If we don't like an aspect of a person, then Harry shouldn't either or she's not suitable.

Meghan doesn't need to be exceptional. Meghan doesn't need to have an extensive resume of employment and career recommendations. Meghan doesn't need to have an aristocratic bloodline. Meghan doesn't need to be an airhead. What matters is what Meghan means to Harry and what Harry means to Meghan. That is all that matters in the long run. We're just outsiders looking in and its not our place to put "labels" on people we don't know.

We need to look at this couple more objectively than subjectively as if we were true journalists reporting on the facts of things and not being editorial in taking apart a person's character.

A prime example is our personal opinions of when this couple is going to be engaged. We can't possibly know. We can however point out the signs that may lead to it that we've seen.

Just remember that both Harry and Meghan are human beings that we don't know and probably don't have a snowball's chance in Hades of ever getting to really know.

I think Meghan is one of the most ill suited royal girlfriends in a long time. If they do get married, she's really going to struggle to be accepted into The Firm and British society in general.

It's Harry's choice obviously, but I think 'Media Meghan' is in for a rude awakening when the time comes.

I’ve deleted the discussion about which member of the BRF has a proper job and whether Meghan (or any other royal partner) should a have a career. This thread is about Prince Harry and his relationships, if you wish to discuss whether Harry's wife could continue working, do it here. Any additional off-topic posts will be deleted.

On another note, yesterday I posted two moderator notes which were ignored and resulted in the thread being closed. Please remember to follow mod warnings. Thank you.

I think Meghan is one of the most ill suited royal girlfriends in a long time. If they do get married, she's really going to struggle to be accepted into The Firm and British society in general.

It's Harry's choice obviously, but I think 'Media Meghan' is in for a rude awakening when the time comes.

To be honest, I don't see it presenting a problem at all. Sure, some aspects of high British society may get all in a dither and get out their smelling salts and clutch their pearls but its going to be their loss if they cannot accept Harry's bride (whomever she should be).

As far as the Firm, I see absolutely no reason why they wouldn't see Meghan as anything but a huge asset. I don't believe any of the royal family has their noses up in the air or look down on anybody. In a world today where the BRF is working more as a team and reaching every corner of British society and even beyond with global campaigns, Meghan joining them as partner with Harry would be seen as an asset to the Firm.

Of course that's just my opinion and reflects how I view the BRF as a whole from what I've seen them do and strive to achieve.

I think that's silly and baseless. She's got experience relevant to what she would be doing for the rest of her life: public speaking, humanitarian work, dressing to be in the public eye, she's even got the preparation to write beautiful notes and letters, which the royals do regularly. Her humanitarian work would be her greatest asset in the job of royal spouse, and she seems to have a real passion for it.

I tend to think it would be quite a successful match and I hope a marriage happens

I agree with you. If Harry and Meghan marry, I see her as being a great asset to the BRF. Harry was born into the BRF, he knows how they operate behind the scenes so I trust his judgment. IMO, Harry does great work and people who are respectful of that will welcome his choice of who makes him happy in his personal and public life.

That says more about The Firm than Meghan, if I'd think it to be true. But I'm struggling to see how she's ill suited. And I'm struggling to what the rude awakening is going to be.

Imo the whole BRF is big on media and PR, 'Media Meghan' has even that experience in the bag.

That says more about The Firm than Meghan, if I'd think it to be true. But I'm struggling to see how she's ill suited. And I'm struggling to what the rude awakening is going to be.

Imo the whole BRF is big on media and PR, 'Media Meghan' has even that experience in the bag.

I agree. :flowers: I look forward to the answer to those two questions: how is Meghan ill-suited? What is the rude awakening going to be? :huh:

Ooooooh... I'd forgotten about that. Brings to mind that in the past, them spankings were spared the royal children by the loyal whipping boys always on hand.

Shhhhh.... don't tell Meghan. She needs to face that initiation into the BRF for herself. :lol:

Why "Media Meghan"? Why is it necessary to be snarky about someone we know nothing about and call them nasty childish names when there is no evidence to support such an appellation.

She deals with the media in the course of her job and doesn't have a toxic relationship with them. I'd chance a guess that she hasn't really given them much of a thought. Should the relationship proceed, then we will see what we will see? Regardless, childish name calling smacks of envy and inverted snobbery.

Well, Mark Todd was the first "ill-suited boyfriend" followed by Sarah as the first, "ill-suited girlfriend", then came Sophie and Catherine. None of them was titled and Sophie was the only one with an ordinary education and a career that involved an actual paycheck. Catherine, working for the family firm, somewhat unfairly, got stuck with the "Waity Katy" appellation by a media that doesn't recognise working for your family's firm.

Why "Media Meghan"? Why is it necessary to be snarky about someone we know nothing about and call them nasty childish names when there is no evidence to support such an appellation.

She deals with the media in the course of her job and doesn't have a toxic relationship with them. I'd chance a guess that she hasn't really given them much of a thought. Should the relationship proceed, then we will see what we will see? Regardless, childish name calling smacks of envy and inverted snobbery.

Well, Mark Todd was the first "ill-suited boyfriend" followed by Sarah as the first, "ill-suited girlfriend", then came Sophie and Catherine. None of them was titled and Sophie was the only one with an ordinary education and a career that involved an actual paycheck. Catherine, working for the family firm, somewhat unfairly, got stuck with the "Waity Katy" appellation by a media that doesn't recognise working for your family's firm.

I do think that any royal should just be an adult and have a straightforward relationship with the press instead of an immature cloak/dagger approach or in fact, resentfulness punctuated with lawsuits.

Well, the only lawsuit that has been going on at the moment has been between the Cambridges and French media/paps. Harry isn't suing anyone as far as is known, and Maghan is neither Royal nor launching lawsuits.

Exactly; she's not suing the media for taking an interest in covering her.

Well, she's an actress at the moment not a Royal. The time to become paranoid about the Press, if you will, is when you're a Royal and the tabloids are constantly speculating about your life while you want privacy.

Are you saying that just because Meghan is an actress she automatically courts and indeed promotes all the publicity she gets, all the wretched tabloid fodder spewed out every day, because that certainly doesn't appear to be the case to me.

I do think that any royal should just be an adult and have a straightforward relationship with the press instead of an immature cloak/dagger approach or in fact, resentfulness punctuated with lawsuits.

There are very few actual journalists covering the British Royal family. There are many tabloid press of varying degrees of respectability and then the paparazzi. Sometimes the drive for clicks or sales drive some of the more respectable press-into joining the gutter press. Respect is a two way street.

Compared to what's usually considered part of the job for an actress, Meghan seems to have always taken a fairly low-key approach to courting the media. She's done her share of red carpet appearances over the years, but not with the "I must be photographed at all the things!" approach of many mid-level actresses. And all of that has been tamped down pretty tightly since getting involved with Harry. She did have that very brief period of two or three cutesy coded Instagram posts, but she seems to have learned very quickly just how much the public can and will read into things and stopped those all together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom