Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone I know who was very superstitious, had her tea leaves read and the reader (a friend) told her she could see a boat sinking. This person cancelled her cruise on the strength of this, though she'd paid a deposit! Nothing happened to the liner so she missed out on a cruise around the Greek islands. Most people, thank heavens, use their commonsense and their own free will when deciding events in their lives.

Common sense says this is going to prove true, best kind of prediction, the fool proof one.

It's May. A royal wedding, even jf smaller than William, takes months to plan. Unless one was announced in the next month or so, not going to happen. November is the big anniversary for the queen, not going to happen then and not likely at Christmas.

By the way my Dr Pepper traces predict flowers are going to grow this month. :flowers:

Since I know the question of whether Meghan is Jewish has come up several times, and I stumbled across an article in Variety this evening that makes a definitive claim, I thought I'd mention it.

The context was about an award that the UJA-Federation gave to Bonnie Hammer, who's the head of all NBC Universal Cable networks (including USA, where Suits lives). The co-hosts of the evening were Meghan and the star of another USA Network show, Mark Feuerstein.

The article states:
Mark Feuerstein of USA’s “Royal Pains” and Meghan Markle of USA’s “Suits” emceed the dinner. Feuerstein charmed the crowd with an energetic rap in Hebrew and by quickly teaching his gentile co-host the HaMotzi blessing for bread. (Bonnie Hammer Talks Prejudice and Progress at UJA-Federation Fete | Variety)

To me, that's reasonable evidence that Meghan is not Jewish. Variety is pretty reputable, I think. So we can strike one thing off the "things to worry about if Harry and Meghan ever get married" list.

Does it matter? She may be ethnically Jewish but that isn't an issue.

It apparently matters enough that it's come up six or seven times in this thread.

Since I found information about a subject that people are talking about and questioning, I thought I'd mention it. If I should have waited to post the article until the subject came up again, please do let me know.

What we know

Ethnically she is African American on her mothers side. She is Dutch and Irish on her father's side.

We know her father is a practicing Jew.

We know she celebrates Christmas and other Christian holidays. But has been known to go to synagogue with her dad.

That is all we Know. And it really is a moot point until marriage and kids.

Thanks hel for posting this anyway. The more we know about Harry's predicted bride that better I think. I've always thought that Meghan's religion was a fluid one, shown by her non-denominational wedding. She attended social events at an LA synagogue with her dad, and that is likely all she did. She would have married in a religious ceremony to her Jewish husband if she had converted by then, IMO.

Reactions: hel
Hi everyone, first time posting!
I've been a lurker for a while so thought it was time I joined the forum!

The last few postings have been about Meghan's religion so I'll start there!

I have found no evidence to support which religion she practices. Some posters have also talked about her father's religion, but again I have found no evidence that supports which faith he follows if any. There is hardly anything known about Meghan's father except that he is white & was a lighting director. Everything else is just hearsay.

And going by Meghan's IG account I don't get a sense of a woman who is overtly religious. I'd rather refrain from trying to force religious labels on her until there is concrete proof.

Hi everyone, first time posting!
I've been a lurker for a while so thought it was time I joined the forum!

The last few postings have been about Meghan's religion so I'll start there!

I have found no evidence to support which religion she practices. Some posters have also talked about her father's religion, but again I have found no evidence that supports which faith he follows if any. There is hardly anything known about Meghan's father except that he is white & was a lighting director. Everything else is just hearsay.

And going by Meghan's IG account I don't get a sense of a woman who is overtly religious. I'd rather refrain from trying to force religious labels on her until there is concrete proof.

Welcome to TRF Queen E.! Glad to see you jumping into the fray with a really good point.

I'm going to join the club with you that we shouldn't put any kind of a religious label on Meghan (or anyone for that matter). She may have been raised in the faiths of her father and her mother but when it comes down to the bottom line, a favorite quote comes to mind for me. "God (however one perceives him/her) has no grandchildren". Religion and spirituality are very personal to a person and no one is exactly alike. I think we should respect this when discussing Meghan.

Just my opinion.

Someone has tweeted Meghan is watching Harry play polo today....if that's true I'm surprised no pics have surfaced yet.

LaRae

If she's there, they will surface sooner or later. ;)

It is also possible that Sarah Macklin (who was there) could have been mistaken for Meghan. They do resemble each other somewhat and could easily be mixed up if looked at from a distance.

Last edited:
Right I wouldn't know (never heard of Sarah Macklin) ...so will be interesting to see if she was or not.

LaRae

I've never heard of her either and the only reason I do know is because I couldn't resist the Daily Mail's photos of Harry at polo. I did think, at first, glancing at the photo of Macklin that she had a bit of a similarity to Meghan at the time.

If Meghan was there, we know the daily fail would have hunted her down. :ermm:

Also highly unlikely, if the rumors are true about her going to Pippas wedding (at least reception) she would be in the UK now. Taking two weekends off so close together in midst of filming seems pretty unlikely. She will see him in 2 weeks.

I've noticed though that the only candid shots are of the polo and all others are posed shots. Is it possible that she is there and that the press photogs are being blocked from requesting a photo... she's in the exclusive members areas for example?

What we know

Ethnically she is African American on her mothers side. She is Dutch and Irish on her father's side.

We know her father is a practicing Jew.

We know she celebrates Christmas and other Christian holidays. But has been known to go to synagogue with her dad.

That is all we Know. And it really is a moot point until marriage and kids.

It is not a moot point. Could Harry and Meghan for example get married in the CoE if Meghan were not a baptized Christian ? I am not familiar with Anglican canon on that subject.

I'm surprised that Meghan is there this weekend if she is going to Pippa's wedding/reception in two weeks. Maybe she had a long weekend or wasn't needed for filming so she is using her frequent flyer miles.

But that is definitely her.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm surprised that Meghan is there this weekend if she is going to Pippa's wedding/reception in two weeks. Maybe she had a long weekend or wasn't needed for filming so she is using her frequent flyer miles.

That. Or the rumors that said she booked a weekend off from filming had their dates wrong. And just assumed it was for Pippa.

If she only attends the reception, we wouldn't get photos of her there either way.

Time will tell. Wedding is in two weeks.

When we really think about it, its very possible that Meghan didn't need to take time off filming. We don't know exactly what the filming schedule is and to be honest, we've seen it many times where a royal will be spotted in NYC and then the next day in London and then the day after that somewhere else. Flying off somewhere, even for just a short amount of time, is to a lot of people like us common people "popping over to Dunkin' Donuts for coffee and a donut".

Meghan could have wrapped up filming for the week Thursday night, flew to London on Friday morning and will fly back to Toronto some time tomorrow to start a week of filming again. Having a production in filming mode doesn't necessarily mean that its a 24/7 thing. :D

Awwwww crap on a cracker. Now I want donuts and there's none to be found in this house. :ohmy:

Love her dress. Haven't seen her put a foot wrong with her clothing (since Harry) yet.

So (assuming) she just flew in for the weekend, likely won't see pics of her again till Pippa's wedding ..if she comes.

LaRae

I've flown from Trindad to Miami for a weekend with a boyfriend and I don't make Meghan's kind of money... it's not that big a deal really.

But, can we talk about the clothes... the girl does have a great sense of style!

She looks great. I'm glad she could get time off/had time off to be able to attend.
I was actually surprised to see her there.

You are right. It is very possible that she had a long weekend & decided to fly over.

When you are in a long distance relationship these sacrifices have to be made, otherwise they would hardly see each other. It reminds me of the time after the Caribbean tour when Harry took a detour to Toronto just to spend 2 days with her! And of course they both have the money to make these frequent journeys!

When we really think about it, its very possible that Meghan didn't need to take time off filming. We don't know exactly what the filming schedule is

Yeah nowdays you can easily fly anywhere for a couple days...many times it's not that expensive. Just recently a Norwegian airlines was offering flights from the east coast of the US to the UK for under 100.00

Her clothes...her current style (last few pics I've seen) reminds me of some of the things that Kate has worn. With a little more edge to them.

LaRae

Meghan is very elegant, it's good Harry to include her in these social events.

Canada has a long weekend the weekend that Pippa is getting married, as May 22nd is a national holiday.

Canada has a long weekend the weekend that Pippa is getting married, as May 22nd is a national holiday.

You're right, good catch. It's Victoria Day--funny because I would have thought it'd be a national holiday in the UK too, not just Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom