Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He is charismatic but not showy. Having a huge flashy wedding doesn't seem him.

St. Paul's is highly unlikely. Charles and Diana married there as they had 3500 guests and Westminster couldn't come close to holding that many. St. Paul is the second largest cathedral in the uk. Harry will not have a wedding even as large as his brother. If anything, he will use Westminster but I think we would only see that if he marries during his father's reign. As a grandson of the monarch and not direct heir, it's not likely to be that scale.

If in London, the chapel at St James seems the most likely. A number of Royal weddings have been there. Or St Georges in Windsor. I do think it will be filmed and some public inclusion but not the big weddings if the eighties or William.

He should wear a uniform on his wedding day instead of a traditional groom suit. A red Army uniform would look good on him, or maybe a Naval uniform. Either William or his young cousin, Prince James, should be his best men. It would be a classic event. It should be held on a sunny, brisk, crisp, cool early December morning before the family heads to Sandringham. Let Harry and Meghan have a month of honeymoon in Wales, to honor his parents. A snowy wedding in London would be so sweet. :crown4:

It would be a historic wedding. Meghan is biracial, she'd be the first biracial princess of marriage.

Last edited:
There would be no crowds out on a wintry December day, though I love winter weddings myself! Quite frankly, I think Harry wouldn't mind a Royal Chapel wedding inside BP, if it hadn't been bombed during WW2. Or a fun wedding somewhere like Meghan's first nuptials, with friends and family having a good time, perhaps in Switzerland with skiing the next day.

It's a bit sad when you're a member of a Royal family but your preferences for your wedding come second, (if you're senior enough) to dynastic and PR considerations.

He should wear a uniform on his wedding day instead of a traditional groom suit. A red Army uniform would look good on him, or maybe a Naval uniform. Either William or his young cousin, Prince James, should be his best men. It would be a classic event. It should be held on a sunny, brisk, crisp, cool early December morning before the family heads to Sandringham. Let Harry and Meghan have a month of honeymoon in Wales, to honor his parents. A snowy wedding in London would be so sweet. :crown4:

The only uniform Harry would wear is the one of his regiment. I would expect that he would wear the uniform of the Blues and the Royals.

The many uniforms of Prince Harry explained – Royal Central

This is also the uniform Harry wore when standing up for his brother William at his wedding.

There would be no crowds out on a wintry December day, though I love winter weddings myself! Quite frankly, I think Harry wouldn't mind a Royal Chapel wedding inside BP, if it hadn't been bombed during WW2. Or a fun wedding somewhere like Meghan's first nuptials, with friends and family having a good time, perhaps in Switzerland with skiing the next day.

It's a bit sad when you're a member of a Royal family but your preferences for your wedding come second, (if you're senior enough) to dynastic and PR considerations.

If it is a balmy December day, people will pack London. It would be nice to see her family's coat of arms. One of the songs sung at the wedding should be I Vow to Thee My Country, in honor of his beloved mother and grandfather, Philip's service to the Royal Navy. :britflag::royalstandard::scotflag::englandflag::walesflag::philipstandard:

The only uniform Harry would wear is the one of his regiment. I would expect that he would wear the uniform of the Blues and the Royals.

The many uniforms of Prince Harry explained – Royal Central

This is also the uniform Harry wore when standing up for his brother William at his wedding.

It would be nice for Anne, Princess Royal, to wear in full naval uniform to honor her nephew on that day. Her husband wears it to most weddings.

Last edited by a moderator:

It would be a historic wedding. Meghan is biracial, she'd be the first biracial princess of marriage.

James is all of nine years old. If he was in the wedding he would be a page boy, not best man. Your best man and maid of honor are usually a sibling or closest friend.

First British biracial princess. There is one on the continent already.

Harry can only wear an uniform he belongs to. The blues and royals. He isn't in the navy and has never been given an honorary role.

Anne doesn't wear an uniform except military events on occasion. She never actively served. Her husband wears his as he has had a long career, and he often represents the BRF in military related charities. We will no more see Anne at a wedding in military uniform then the queen, Sophie, Kate or any other royal woman with an honorary rank.

Winter weddings are uncommon for a very good reason. Counting on a balmy day in winter is risky even in London. People are certainly not going to line streets on a chilly December day as they would in warmer weather.

Nor are they likely to honeymoon in Wales. They aren't the kind if couple staying on a private estate by a fire to keep out of public eye would suit them. Marry in winter, a ski vacation in Switzerland, a honeymoon on Necker or Mustique. The kind of destination wedding both would likely consider if not for family, so instead they run off on honeymoon.

I have to agree with folks that think when Harry marries, he'll have a much more low keyed event than his brother did. Spring at St. George's Chapel at Windsor with carriages would be a perfect setting. I can't see Harry's wedding being quite as formal as William's either.

I'm not sure it would be televised but if so, probably one media outlet that would feed to the rest to keep the intrusion of cameras and photographers to a minimum.

I have to agree with folks that think when Harry marries, he'll have a much more low keyed event than his brother did. Spring at St. George's Chapel at Windsor with carriages would be a perfect setting. I can't see Harry's wedding being quite as formal as William's either.

I'm not sure it would be televised but if so, probably one media outlet that would feed to the rest to keep the intrusion of cameras and photographers to a minimum.

I'd be absolutely shocked if it wasn't televised. Charles' family has been spotlighted as the future for the last few years. Harry will eventually be the son of one king and brother to another. He's also got tremendous popularity throughout the world.

I think his wedding might be slightly more low key than William's- but not dramatically.

Harry actually does hold honorary positions in the RAF, and in the Navy (since 2006 he's been hon Commodore in Chief of Small Ships and Diving. In that capacity I remember him inspecting a submarine crew down in Portsmouth.) So, in theory, he could wear a Naval uniform, or a Canadian Ranger one, as he is also an hon Ranger.

It would actually be great to see Harry in Ranger uniform for his wedding, though in reality it's likely to be the dark blue of the Blues and Royals. Unless, of course, he gets an hon Colonelcy in Chief to another old regiment before his wedding.

Edwards was. There was media attention for Peter and Zara. There is certainly no way Harry will escape media attention. At least outside the church. It's highly likely at least one camera crew will be allowed inside to film. Outside the reality is media will come invited or not. Harrybjs popular. It's easier to control the pals when you invite them and set rules.

Harry actually does hold honorary positions in the RAF, and in the Navy (since 2006 he's been hon Commodore in Chief of Small Ships and Diving. In that capacity I remember him inspecting a submarine crew down in Portsmouth.) So, in theory, he could wear a Naval uniform, or a Canadian Ranger one, as he is also an hon Ranger.

It would actually be great to see Harry in Ranger uniform for his wedding, though in reality it's likely to be the dark blue of the Blues and Royals. Unless, of course, he gets an hon Colonelcy in Chief to another old regiment before his wedding.

He could prove me wrong. But it seems highly unlikely he would choose an uniform he has only been an honorary member of when he has been active service military. I am Canadian but I don't think it makes sense for him to wear our ranger uniform. He has no real connection to them. He should be wearing his colors in the forces he actually served under.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, it was just me in lighthearted mode. However, there might be more of a chance of an hon Colonelcy of another regiment, I think. One was mooted for Harry a couple of years ago.

Honestly, even if he gets a honorary conoletcy id say the same. I get being a patron of a military body. But something about wearing an uniform you didn't earn and medals even, never sits right for me. IMO if they have actually served in the military, they should wear the uniform they earned. I wish William had, and I hope Harry does. William should have worn his airforce as he was active duty at the time, or at the very least his blue and royals.

I hope we will see captain Harry in his blues and royals, with William as best man in the RAF uniform.

Last edited:
This is almost like playing a game of Clue. I see Harry in the Blues and the Royals uniform at St. George's Chapel, Windsor in the springtime.

I remember very well William becoming Colonel of the Irish Guard in the lead up to his wedding. He wanted to wear his RAF dress uniform but HM pulled rank on this one and he wore the red dress uniform of the Irish Guards.

This thread is about Harry's relationship, not a Weddings suggestions and musings thread. Let get back to topic please.

I am excited. She is American born and raised and half black and will be a British princess. That will be significant and an extremely positive way!!! I read somewhere that Afro Brits are excited about Meghan and the prospect of having the first British princess of color in he BRF. I need to try and find it. Ya'll it is just as big as having the first Black President of the United States elected in 2008. Seriously!!!

She's different and fresh which is what that family needs.

I the first Black President of the United States elected in 2008. Seriously!!!

I don't think it does.. what it needs are hard working people who will keep the show going...

Last edited:
I am excited. She is American born and raised and half black and will be a British princess. That will be significant and an extremely positive way!!! I read somewhere that Afro Brits are excited about Meghan and the prospect of having the first British princess of color in he BRF. I need to try and find it. Ya'll it is just as big as having the first Black President of the United States elected in 2008. Seriously!!!

Being half black, a divorcee, and an American actress are not very relevant to the BRF IMHO. However, a prince of the United Kingdom marrying a Jewish (i.e. non-Christian) woman will be a big shake-up in the establishment, if it actually happens.

In this day and age in Britain, its become a very multi-cultural nation.

And sorry to burst the bubble but Meghan wouldn't be the first multi-cultural royal in Britain. England's first Black Queen, Sophie Charlotte was the first. She was Queen Consort to George III. This was during the time of the American revolution. [emoji3]

http://www.aaregistry.org/historic_events/view/englands-first-black-queen-sophie-charlotte-born
It is not the same I think. That was ages ago.
Members of the BRF(and European monarchies in general) who married in are always white. Despite governing over a multicultural nation, the royal family does not reflect that. So indeed Meghan, should she get married to Harry will be a breath of fresh air.

Members of the BRF(and European monarchies in general) who married in are always white. Despite governing over a multicultural nation, the royal family does not reflect that. So indeed Meghan, should she get married to Harry will be a breath of fresh air.

Europeans normally are not obsessed with race as Americans are. In fact, "race" is not even a meaningful biological concept; it is merely a social construct.

However, as I have been trying to argue, religion might be a much bigger hurdle for Meghan as the UK (or England rather) still has an established church governed by the Queen and intimately associated with the Royal Family. There is no such thing as separation of Church and State in the UK as it exists for example in the US.

Last edited:

No.

Princess Angela of Lichtenstein is African American. Making Prince Alfons biracial. She is said to be the first Known African American in that Sophia Charlottes African ancestry wasn't recognized at the time she lived.

Lady Davina Lewis is married to a man of Maori descent.

Prince Joachims first wife was of Chinese descent.

So Meghan would certainly not be the only non Caucasian Royal in Europe. Well Davina is extended royal family. Alexandra may be divorced, but Felix and Nikolai are part Chinese as well.

But do they look part Chinese. If I showed ten people a picture of Prince Felix and told them he was part Chinese, I bet they would laugh in my face or think I am on something.

Last edited:
But do they look part Chinese. If I showed ten people a picture of Prince Felix and told them he was part Chinese, I bet they would laugh in my face or think I am on something.

Wow, not sure how insulting you realize that sounds :ermm:

So it's okay they are biracial if they don't look it? :sad: they are part chinese whether they look it or not. And the poster was talking wives. There was no doubt looking at Alexandra she was Chinese.

Meghan is quite fair for being biracial. There is no certainty her kids would 'look African'. Not that it matters if they did :bang:

I was trying to say the weren't multiethnic. I was just trying to show (badly) that most people don't know their is diversity in European royal families. The average American probably doesn't know Lichtenstein has a princely family and maybe a small percent know the head, so I don't expect them to know who Princess Angela is. If her father is barely known, then I don't think Lady Davina is common knowledge or the ethnicity of her husband. Yes, Countess Alexandra was known but now most people may not remember her or Prince Joachim as much. So Meghan marrying into the most famous royal family would definitely be seen and could bring attention to those like Prince Felix and Princess Angela showing the diversity of Europe's ruling families.

?? so what if they do or don't look Chinese? What on earth does this mean?

He DOES look part Chinese though. Its in the eyes.

was she? I thought she was considered rather plain. And her African ancestry was not known..

Maybe the comment referred to her other qualities instead of her looks? She was supposedly very intelligent and had an interest in science and history.

But it's said that most of her contemporaries considered her ugly. I read an account in which she was described as resembling a gargoyle.

(I think the theory that she had African ancestry is quite recent, though).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom