Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They aren't at the altar yet...the old saying many a slip between lip and cup...hopefully they can remain hidden enough when together that they can actually spend enough time together to make sure if it's what they want.

Exactly so. :flowers: Well put.

I find it quite amusing that they are able to fly below radar as much as they have been. Take that media! LaRae

The media is being invited. Think about it, we could be at a far more discreet level now except for the November announcement and now this. So it's all by choice. :cool:

The media is being invited. Think about it, we could be at a far more discreet level now except for the November announcement and now this. So it's all by choice. :cool:

There was a lot of gossip going around about Meghan, when Harry made his announcement. It wasn't as hidden as it was before. I'm thinking the way Harry and Meghan has been going about this, has been very mature and thought out. I'm also thinking, that Meghan wouldn't want to be a hidden secret, and Harry wanted to 'claim' her.

I wouldn't think much about Meghan attending weddings as Harry's plus one, that isn't any sign of their own commitment. It's the fact, that Meghan is closing down serious income sources. I highly doubt she'd be doing that for mere hope, without sure engagement in the horizon. I could be totally wrong, though.

There was a lot of gossip going around about Meghan, when Harry made his announcement. It wasn't as hidden as it was before. I'm thinking the way Harry and Meghan has been going about this, has been very mature and thought out. I'm also thinking, that Meghan wouldn't want to be a hidden secret, and Harry wanted to 'claim' her.

I wouldn't think much about Meghan attending weddings as Harry's plus one, that isn't any sign of their own commitment. It's the fact, that Meghan is closing down serious income sources. I highly doubt she'd be doing that for mere hope, without sure engagement in the horizon. I could be totally wrong, though.
I don't think Meghan would assume she's a hidden secret even if there was no formal announcement. It simply wasn't done. Chelsy and Cressida weren't hidden secrets once the paparazzi caught pictures of Harry and his girlfriend at the time. We all knew, it was just something that Kensington Palace didn't comment on because it's his personal life. Kate was never confirmed as a girlfriend, but we all knew. And she obviously went on to marry William.

But absolutely agree on shutting down Tig and Reitman. Tig was one thing because it's income are relatively small compared to spokeswoman role and whatever she wrote was being misrepresented by the tabloid. Then came the Reitman deal, there is no coincidence here. The only way to explain this without them talking seriously about marriage is if she signed a much more lucrative deal soon and Reitman's deal falling through was result of that. However, if I were a gambler, I wouldn't bet on the chances of that.

I don't think Meghan would assume she's a hidden secret even if there was no formal announcement. It simply wasn't done. Chelsy and Cressida weren't hidden secrets once the paparazzi caught pictures of Harry and his girlfriend at the time. We all knew, it was just something that Kensington Palace didn't comment on because it's his personal life. Kate was never confirmed as a girlfriend, but we all knew. And she obviously went on to marry William.

But absolutely agree on shutting down Tig and Reitman. Tig was one thing because it's income are relatively small compared to spokeswoman role and whatever she wrote was being misrepresented by the tabloid. Then came the Reitman deal, there is no coincidence here. The only way to explain this without them talking seriously about marriage is if she signed a much more lucrative deal soon and Reitman's deal falling through was result of that. However, if I were a gambler, I wouldn't bet on the chances of that.

I think the racist articles and harassment on social media were one reason Harry made his statement. Imo he had to stop it at the start, or the tabloids would've got bolder and nastier about it fast. Also, he wanted to bring attention to it, to make public notice what Meghan was dealing with just for dating him.

I agree, that only way to explain Reitman deal would be a better deal with some other company, but I'm thinking they would've spilled it already. Every company would want the attention as soon as possible, and I haven't read anything.

Last edited:
I think it's interesting the way Cressida and Chelsey disappeared from the papers with the ascendance of Meghan.

Before she came along, the press kept tracking the other two in case they reunited with Harry. But now they seem to have vanished into thin air!

I think that's pretty much par for the course. Once Diana hit the scene in Charles' life, all his previous girlfriends kind of faded into the woodwork. The press goes with who seems to be the focus of the royal's attention at the moment. When Harry was purely single and no love interest in sight, the focus on the exes were in hopes of a renewal of sparks.

I think that's pretty much par for the course. Once Diana hit the scene in Charles' life, all his previous girlfriends kind of faded into the woodwork. The press goes with who seems to be the focus of the royal's attention at the moment. .

Why would they mention previous girls when they have a new quarry. They write these stories because there is an interest in Harry's love life, just as there was in Charles. they don't do it because they want to write about Chelsey Davy, or whoever. or because these are interesting people. They are only of interest becuase they are dating a Prince. If Meghan is finished with, they may revert to stories about the other 2, to fill up the pages till the next girl comes along.

I think the racist articles and harassment on social media were one reason Harry made his statement. Imo he had to stop it at the start, or the tabloids would've got bolder and nastier about it fast. Also, he wanted to bring attention to it, to make public notice what Meghan was dealing with just for dating him.

I agree, that only way to explain Reitman deal would be a better deal with some other company, but I'm thinking they would've spilled it already. Every company would want the attention as soon as possible, and I haven't read anything.

Oh definitely. The press having a field day at Meghan's expense was definitely why he did it. Otherwise, I think these two people would prefer not to make an announcement that they are dating to the world simply because it is no one else's business.

I think it's interesting the way Cressida and Chelsey disappeared from the papers with the ascendance of Meghan.

Before she came along, the press kept tracking the other two in case they reunited with Harry. But now they seem to have vanished into thin air!
Typically their names will re emerge when the wedding invites go out (invited or not) and then after the marriage whenever they happen to be at the same event w/ Harry or his wife along the lines of Harry's wife is so jealous of Chelsey and/or Cressida. We see that even w/ rumored gfs (like Cressida's half sister Isabella before she hooked up w/ Sam, who never even dated William, but got some free publicity by floating rumors that William once pined for her thus Catherine can't stand her - all nonsense of course.)
Or if he breaks up w/ Meghan, they'll be back, along with Meghan, as possible rekindled love stories.

Last edited:
If it happens, one thing is for sure, the US tabloid media will put the British tabloids to shame in how hysterical they go.

I am an American and let me tell you, you are correct about how hysterical the US tabloid media will be.

Reading the comments in the DM articles of Harry+Megan make my blood pressure rise. They make it seem like she is some evil manipulative witch and say that she will be the "downfall of the monarchy". Those people are absolutely nutters.

:previous: The trolls in the DF comments section are a bunch of racist, sexist, homophobic, ignorant, sick, spiteful bullies who hates everyone. But they represents a very tiny minority of the UK public, and many of them are from other countries.

I do think that the commentators are their own specific little group where each one of them try to outdo each other in the nasty department. It doesn't matter who the article is about, they're there to put on their nasty and work daily to improve their nastiness.

I do not and will not click on anything from the Daily Fail anymore. Its not worth my time and insults my intelligence.

:previous: The trolls in the DF comments section are a bunch of racist, sexist, homophobic, ignorant, sick, spiteful bullies who hates everyone. But they represents a very tiny minority of the UK public, and many of them are from other countries.
It was such comments from such racists, sexists, and nasty people that prompted Prince Harry to step up and defend his girl in that now famous KP announcement.

So much truth. I don't even read those disgusting comments anymore.

Maybe she's just what he needs...

I agree. :flowers: I can see the intention is for Meghan to be seen as 'the one' and taken seriously by the press and the public. I am stunned at the rapidity: five months in there was the announcement of gf status, and now at ten months a family wedding, with blogs closed and lucrative endorsements cancelled. The trajectory seems pretty clear.

I wish Meghan well and I trust she will make the right decision for herself. Marriage with Harry will not be a piece of cake (IMHO) but she's a mature woman. I have been heartened by the news that Harry was willing to share, that he has engaged counseling, even recently, but I finally listened to the interview he gave. I'm keyed to the sound of a voice. He's got a lot going on there. I wish him well. Meghan may be the ballast he needs. My concern will always be for Meghan but the good thing is she will enter the marriage (if it goes that far) as someone with her own life and resources. She should be okay.

Good point. :flowers: But also keep in mind that Harry was in love with Chelsy and rumor has it he did pop the question to her. Harry was serious. Chelsy it was who demurred. So I think we can assume Harry is serious in this case, too. Think maybe he was convincing her over the Easter visit? ;)

I felt this too. Listening to that gave credibility to what I felt when I saw some of the Jamaica photos.

Many people described Meghan as marking her territory. I couldn't understand why anyone would think that necessary... I mean her bloody boyfriend/prince had it announced from a palace, no less! If any one was into public claiming, it's Harry! (And I will admit my romantic side, kinda loved it).

To me, he seemed stressed and she, in a very tactile way seemed to be calming him down. Stroking his arm, whispering to him if needed, hugging him, my partner and I often do these things...

I see, as a way of protecting her. I actually hadn't been aware of Meghan at all until I came back on TRF recently after a long hiatus. Took me by surprise. That may be why the whole thing feels very accelerated, an all-of-a-sudden kind of thing since I had no clue about it. Didn't see anything about it in the glossies in the check-out line at the market. :D

Good points. :flowers: I see it the same though as mentioned below the problems The Tig text was being given by the tabloid press may have been a large factor in its shut down. She can always go back to that later if she wants, bigger and better, as they say. No permanent loss.

Good points. I hadn't been aware of the racism stuff until just recently. Good for Harry, then! Well done! :flowers:

Good supposition, but I wouldn't think so necessarily. A time lag between promotions is not unheard of for lots of reasons (high profile attention of the kind Meghan is getting currently is not necessarily a positive for certain product promotions) . But I think it may be as suggested, things are serious so she is holding off on endorsements for now. That's something she will be able to pick up easily again later on if she wants (which I know will cause a hullaballoo, but so it will be).

So, in short, Meghan may be clearing the deck to focus on Harry (something Kate did, and what we just do when we're in that mode), but it's not necessarily at engagement time. Once she moves to London and they've been roomies for 6 months, okay. :cool:

I felt this too. Listening to that gave credibility to what I felt when I saw some of the Jamaica photos.

Many people described Meghan as marking her territory. I couldn't understand why anyone would think that necessary... I mean her bloody boyfriend/prince had it announced from a palace, no less! If any one was into public claiming, it's Harry! (And I will admit my romantic side, kinda loved it).

To me, he seemed stressed and she, in a very tactile way seemed to be calming him down. Stroking his arm, whispering to him if needed, hugging him, my partner and I often do these things...

Yes, I see Harry as high maintenance. If it's mutual, that's good. Question is, is it? But that's for them. Does Meghan want to take that on? I've had one such involvement, and while so much of it was great, the neediness was wearing after a while. In my case, I decided I couldn't cope for the long haul. :cool:

Why would Harry be 'high maintenance'? He has spoken of his problems in that interview yes, but it's been years since he was seen falling out of a nightclub, he's never been outed by anyone as aggressive towards them, apart from one photographer in his teens.

No girlfriend has ever complained of his behavior towards her or we would have read about it long ago. Friends have described him as quiet and non-assuming rather than bad tempered, spoiled or demanding.

As for neediness, during the Leveson Inquiry, didn't something come out about Chelsy texting him dozens of times a day while he was in Sandhurst? I've followed him for over a decade and never heard of him being high-maintenance, so I'd like to know where the impression comes from?

Yes, I see Harry as high maintenance. If it's mutual, that's good. Question is, is it? But that's for them. Does Meghan want to take that on? I've had one such involvement, and while so much of it was great, the neediness was wearing after a while. In my case, I decided I couldn't cope for the long haul. :cool:[/QUOTE]

I didn't/don't see him as high maintenance, but I did think he looked pissed off and I put it down to the paparazzi intrusion.

I didn't/don't see him as high maintenance, but I did think he looked pissed off and I put it down to the paparazzi intrusion.

He's got a temper. :sad: That's high maintenance in my book. Anyway, it's not my lookout. Meghan can take care of herself, I'm sure. I hope. :cool: Last I'll mention it.

Most people have tempers when they are roused. There are stories of Charles pulling a sink from a wall in a temper. William has a temper, I'm sure, as do the rest of the royals, but that doesn't make them high maintenance.

Meghan doesn't appear to me to be the kind of person who would put up with neediness or someone who storms at her every five minutes. She's had enough experience with men to know if someone is self-sufficient or not, especially in a longterm relationship.

To me high maintenance means they need constant attention, spend lots of money on themselves, very particular (obsessive) about things.

People have tempers...everyone has their on snapping point. I've never thought Harry was much different than most men when it came to that.

LaRae

What from, Harry? :lol: Sorry, bad joke!

There might be threats that we know nothing about. We know Harry has to have a number of RPOs because of his service in Afghanstan. There are all sorts of nutters around and Meghan's not popular on some social media. She could have been getting some awful mail, hence the private security.

Regarding such a simple observation. :huh: We all have different impressions and 'takes' on people. I deal a lot with public image kind of people. I have my reasons for what I 'see' and sometimes for me the 'markers' are so obvious that I assume others see them, too. This is a good reminder for me. I see Harry differently than you I guess, and I have my reasons, just as you have yours for what you see. No big deal. The personal tone suggesting offense is not what I was seeking to elicit, truly. I thought what I was saying was obvious. Guess it isn't, so as stated, I will move on.

Take care. :flowers:

I hear that Meghan now has a security team protecting her.

The studio assigned security to her when the relationship became public. But I believe that's only when she's working. She doesn't have security when she's off doing her own thing. Although ET has reported before that there were people at her house installing security cameras. I believe that was around the time when Harry flew to Toronto straight from his Carribbean tour. One of the recurring actors on Suits, Malcolm-Jamal Warner, did an interview and said there are A LOT of security on set now. This level of attention not only attracts threats, but also paparazzi that are willing to break the law to get a picture.

Last edited:
I think the Suits people got Meghan some personal protection round about the time that tabloids and social media were going full pelt, as far as I remember. Just before the November KP statement. These aren't RPOs so perhaps something else has come up in the past week. A lot of nasty people around, some threats perhaps.

I was up last night and some made for TV movie of hers was on. Other than reitmans, I had never really noticed her until Harry. I don't watch suits, and her commercials for reitmans were always on. Now I am getting TV movies and she has been guest judge on chopped junior.

The DM has certain opinions if every Royal and they will never change. They make sure to twist any story to fit that opinion. All young royals, the Cambridges, Harry, the Yorks, all become victims to it.

Reading the comments is sad and pathetic. Sad because there are so many readers who take the DM as biblical truth and are blind sheep. They can't seem to think for themselves.

I'm not sure that half of the DM commenters believe what they're saying, to tell the truth. I think most just enjoy the experience of having a go at people who have more money, a better lifestyle, etc, but can't answer them back. It's just a way of venting spite. It used to be done down the pub, via a letter to a newspaper or over the neighbours' fence. Now there's a much larger arena.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom