Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm only referring back to the Cambridge's, because I've been a royal watcher for a long time now. The experience of watching these couples courtships isn't all that pleasant. Yes, there's some good days and pictures, but the years of speculations aren't different from each other nor unique.

A lot of what's being said has been said before. Especially the article about the couple being "next" to get married after they attended the wedding this weekend.

Now, there's a DM article about an "expert" saying that the couple appear distant. None of this stuff is new, Rudolph. It's just being applied to Harry and Meghan.

Recycled debates and recycled articles.

It's Harry and Meghan's turn.

Harry went through it with Chelsy and he went through it with Cressida. Now it's Meghan who must face the slings and arrows.

We know all couples go through it, but this is a thread about Harry's relationships, not a contrast and compare thread with the Cambridges.

Oh for pete sake!! Now some are taking the word of the DM's so-called body language expert because Harry isn't smiling in some pictures?

Why can't you all just be happy for Harry and leave some of this stuff alone? If it's not one extreme it's another!

Just a comment but it seems at the wedding itself they attracted attention that might have been uncomfortable. The preacher announced they would be next. There where photos taken of them within the wedding....in fact in the DM there is a photo of MM turning away or ducking from the camera. I'm sure all that unwanted attention especially at a friends wedding is upsetting...not to mention the paparazzi. Someone also mentioned that a friend of Cressida or also works for the DM was there. There where plenty of people who could of observed them privately and they mention no awkwardness at the private parties/events.

Body language experts often rave about the stance of celebrities who usually break up soon afterwards. I remember a body language 'expert' analysing a photo of Harry and Chelsy Davy standing looking at the boxing at Boodles Ball in about 2008. She emphasised how comfortable they were together, how the two of them 'synchronised'. By 2009 they were broken up and their romance (always tumultuous) was never truly mended ever again.

This particular language 'expert' seems to have concentrated on a few photos while Harry/Meghan were moving through the crowd outside the wedding chapel. How do we know what was happening? Harry could have been looking for the car to take them away to the hotel and just responding momentarily to greetings from acquaintances he hadn't seen for a while.

Body language experts often rave about the stance of celebrities who usually break up soon afterwards. I remember a body language 'expert' analysing a photo of Harry and Chelsy Davy standing looking at the boxing at Boodles Ball in about 2008. She emphasised how comfortable they were together, how the two of them 'synchronised'. By 2009 they were broken up and their romance (always tumultuous) was never truly mended ever again.

This particular language 'expert' seems to have concentrated on a few photos while Harry/Meghan were moving through the crowd outside the wedding chapel. How do we know what was happening? Harry could have been looking for the car to take them away to the hotel and just responding momentarily to greetings from acquaintances he hadn't seen for a while.

The photos were pretty simple- the two of them enjoying some conversations and each other at the wedding celebrations. The problem is people are looking for the couple to be completely lovey dovey at all times to prove something to them. No one on planet earth conducts themselves in such a manner.

I saw spark galore with Fergie/Andrew, Prince Joachim and Alexandra Manley, and lately with Louis and Tessy of Luxembourg. It was obvious that they couldn't get enough of one another. Each marriage ended in divorce.

On the other hand, I do not see the same chemistry jumping off the page for the Cambridges but I suspect they are deeply committed to their marriage for life, and will probably go the distance as have HM and the DoE.

"Chemistry" in photos can occasionally be a clue that the couple is the real deal or it could clue nothing except that the couple are really hot for one another, put bluntly.:cool:

You raise good points, and I guess I agree to an extent. Though I will say that I never thought William and Kate looked uncomfortable around each other the way Harry *seems* to look uncomfortable around Meghan in some of those photos...just that William and Kate didn't appear to have much passion.

Also, of the couples you mentioned who divorced, Andrew and Sarah are still together in some form, though the other two are divorced/divorcing. Harry and Chelsy seemed, to me, to have the most chemistry of all Harry's relationships, and though they broke up, I'm not sure it was because of lack of compatibility or Chelsey's lack of interest in becoming a member of the royal family. On the other hand, I think there are some photos of Charles and Diana before their engagement that show some awkwardness, and though they married, it wasn't a happy marriage.

So to sum it up, I think you can't tell everything about a relationship by looking at body language, but you can often get clues. We'll have to see any more photos of Harry and Meghan that turn up...

The photos were pretty simple- the two of them enjoying some conversations and each other at the wedding celebrations. The problem is people are looking for the couple to be completely lovey dovey at all times to prove something to them. No one on planet earth conducts themselves in such a manner.

True - what I noticed was that Meghan was being very physically affectionate with Harry, but he didn't seem to be reciprocating.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh for pete sake!! Now some are taking the word of the DM's so-called body language expert because Harry isn't smiling in some pictures?

Why can't you all just be happy for Harry and leave some of this stuff alone? If it's not one extreme it's another!

Absolutely no one here is taking the word of the DM's body language experts. In fact, it looks more like people are mocking the DM... because it's the DM.

True - what I noticed was that Meghan was being very physically affectionate with Harry, but he didn't seem to be reciprocating.

They were holding hands. Also, Harry isn't going to invite Meghan to his friends wedding as his guest and ignore her or treat her badly. He's a bit older and a bit more mature than he was in previous relationships.

Or the paps decided not to post those pictures, because they don't suit their story of a displeased Harry.

You raise good points, and I guess I agree to an extent. Though I will say that I never thought William and Kate looked uncomfortable around each other the way Harry *seems* to look uncomfortable around Meghan in some of those photos...just that William and Kate didn't appear to have much passion.

Also, of the couples you mentioned who divorced, Andrew and Sarah are still together in some form, though the other two are divorced/divorcing. Harry and Chelsy seemed, to me, to have the most chemistry of all Harry's relationships, and though they broke up, I'm not sure it was because of lack of compatibility or Chelsey's lack of interest in becoming a member of the royal family. On the other hand, I think there are some photos of Charles and Diana before their engagement that show some awkwardness, and though they married, it wasn't a happy marriage.

So to sum it up, I think you can't tell everything about a relationship by looking at body language, but you can often get clues. We'll have to see any more photos of Harry and Meghan that turn up...

Yes, body language can be very hit or miss without knowing all the outside factors but it can sometimes give a lot of insight. I remember the last photo of Pippa and Nico. He was showing her PDA and beaming at her, in return her body was more stiff and closed-off. She wasn't really reciprocating and looked a little disinterested.

Harry and Chelsy were two young adults who hadn't yet become wary of all the media attention and scrutiny. I think the fact that we saw more of their chemistry on display speaks more to that than anything about the relationship itself. Harry was simply at a different stage of his life than he is now. He's a man in his 30s who has talked about wanting a wife and kids, so of course it makes sense that he's not as open and carefree as he was during a relationship where he wasn't yet thinking about those things.

Lets also remember that just early last year Harry talked about all the attention, how he affects his relationships and how he would make sure that he and the woman he's dating are comfortable with each other before her privacy is invaded. I think it's safe to assume that he and Meghan have reached that point.

For me, body language in a situation like this from a few photographs is easy to explain. Its similar to judging a book by its cover. :D

Yes. That was what I saw. It was out-of-balance. :cool: But regarding the body language, the stroking of Harry's back is a big one. I can recall the body language experts mentioning President Obama's touching (on the arm or back), a sign of assumed dominance. But it was different with Meghan, the stroking was several times (I believe) and seemed intended to calm/comfort/who knows but it did not seem of equals. Her attempt did not seem to create the connection. His failure to engage 'proportionately' suggests something to me. It's her call, but I'd be heading out the door if I were her.

I agree with this sentence in the article: "Other images of the couple drinking cocktails at a beach reception suggest Meghan is 'going out of her way to be entertaining,' Judi believes." None of the cool aloofness of a Cressida.

I suspect she is out of her element, like has been suggested in the Vanity Fair article. I mean this in a way not against Meghan. I mean that the social clique of the British upper classes is a hard one to break into. As a genial American she would find the aristocratic 'coolness' hard to break through, so of course she would be trying hard to be 'entertaining'.

Last edited:
Yes. That was what I saw. It was out-of-balance. :cool: But regarding the body language, the stroking of Harry's back is a big one. I can recall the body language experts mentioning President Obama's touching (on the arm or back), a sign of assumed dominance. But it was different with Meghan, the stroking was several times (I believe) and seemed intended to calm/comfort/who knows but it did not seem of equals. Her attempt did not seem to create the connection. His failure to engage 'proportionately' suggests something to me. It's her call, but I'd be heading out the door if I were her.

I agree with this sentence in the article: "Other images of the couple drinking cocktails at a beach reception suggest Meghan is 'going out of her way to be entertaining,' Judi believes." None of the cool aloofness of a Cressida.

I suspect she is out of her element, like has been suggested in the Vanity Fair article. I mean this in a way not against Meghan. I mean that the social clique of the British upper classes is a hard one to break into. As a genial American she would find the aristocratic 'coolness' hard to break through, so of course she would be trying hard to be 'entertaining'.
That's a bit dramatic based on a few photos. Meghan is an extrovert, so her body language is going to be more expressive to begin with. For all we know, Harry could've been bummed about sending that tray of drinks flying. You've never had a time where you or your significant other are just having a bad moment and it had nothing to do with the other person? I know I have.

I'm sorry but I laughed out loud at "cool aloofness of a Cressida". :lol: Have we already forgotten how people bashed Cressida and questioned why her and Harry were rarely seen together? I even remember some speculating that Harry didn't put much effort into the relationship. Quite a stark contrast between that and Harry being criticized and questioned for trying to protect Meghan and visiting her right after his Caribbean tour. This new narrative is too funny.

I suspect that Harry actually likes that Meghan doesn't have any "aristocratic coolness". She brings "normalcy" which is something he has seemed to crave for a long time. If he wanted the former, I'm sure he would be dating an aristocrat, instead of going out of his way to make this relationship work with Meghan. Maybe just maybe Meghan was being herself. It's possible. :)

Well, I wasn't taking it so seriously that I'd recommend Meghan head out the door...another set of photos could turn up, and I could change my mind...mostly I'm taking this all as light-hearted speculation. ;) Though I genuinely was surprised at their body language in the wedding photos.

However, are the British upper classes really so cool and cliquish? A friend of mine lived in England for a few years, and she said it was hard to make friends (not just among the upper class, but any class, because everyone had their friend groups and didn't really deviate from them).

:previous: Re the body language general discussion - I have always felt extremely uncomfortable when I knew my friends were watching me around a suitor. I can only imagine how I would react if I knew it were all being captured by high high power telephoto cameras, only to have the body language analyzed ad nauseam later in the press. I'd certainly not be relaxed. JMO.

Aren't these pictures of two short situations? When they're walking out of the ceremony, and at that table, when the lady was talking to them, and then when they were ordering drinks? They held hands at one point, and then were talking with other people. I don't get what Harry was supposed to do, actually? Kiss Meghan's hand when she perhaps comforted him? I'm thinking there are silly expectations of how real life relationships look like. Not every touch and word gets a reaction, from anyone. IMO this is how a normal, not OTT obnoxious couple looks like.

How can people analyze the relationship of a couple for half a dozen photos? Nobody knows what was going on with Harry. Suddenly he was on a bad day, with some pain, in a bad mood ... does anyone here know what happens to him and Meghan when the two are alone, in moments of intimacy ??? I'm sure not

I found it funny to cite Cressida, because I've never seen chemistry between her and Harry, quite the contrary, this picture sets everything up, he in front leaving her behind

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/06/24/article-2347677-1A7A4603000005DC-408_634x522.jpg

Time to move on please and get some perspective - also let's not start analysing the body language of Harry with his former girlfriends, let alone with his current one. Thank you.

More pictures!!
I am guilty and want to see more pics of the couple ?

More pictures!!
I am guilty and want to see more pics of the couple ?

Me too!!! I'm so greedy,70 something pictures wasn't enough! They might not give us anymore though because all the backlash from the wedding pictures.I'm sure they have heard about them by now and they probably aren't happy about being judged.

The notion that Meghan was trying to console him sounds completely believable.
Lainey also has the most pap pictures I have ever seen of the wedding.
I kind of feel bad for the couple. Their special day was filled with Paparazzi! Perhaps they should not have publicly stated where the wedding should have been.

It does suck, that there's extra caution for privacy being ensured, and the paparazzi still manage to picture very intimate moments of them. I was wondering why there wasn't more pictures, but this explains it well.

It does suck, that there's extra caution for privacy being ensured, and the paparazzi still manage to picture very intimate moments of them. I was wondering why there wasn't more pictures, but this explains it well.

Considering the reports we've gotten regarding them kissing and how Harry couldn't keep his hands off of Meghan and then going down to the beach, I was surprised as well. I feel like if that'd been another guest, they might as well snap a cell phone pic and sell it along with the story to the tabloid. But if it was the paparazzi being the source for that story, that's explains a lot.

Last edited:
Interesting- do the tiers on Meghan's dress detach?

Because it's a short dress in some of the pictures.

She has it pulled up to her knees in some pics.

I felt like a creep looking at those pictures. Especially the ones obviously taken behind trees of random wedding guests.

She has it pulled up to her knees in some pics.

I felt like a creep looking at those pictures. Especially the ones obviously taken behind trees of random wedding guests.

Oh, right. I see that now. :flowers:

Don't feel like a creep; it is natural to want to see the pictures (otherwise the tabloids wouldn't print them).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom