Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't the story go that Royal Courtiers had someone else in mind for Her Majesty besides Prince Philip? They actually felt that Philip was not good enough, even though he was a prince, he was not from the right family etc. At the young age of 13 is when our Queen first saw Philip, she felt something in her heart first, before duty to country. I'm sure they've been through hardships but at least they didn't have to deal with it on social media.

I hope Harry and Meghan are taking the time to enjoy themselves. If it is meant to be, we will all know about it in due time.

I'm even failing to see how marrying from 'his circles' would help UK in any way or form. These days contracts and negotiations aren't based on or sealed with a marriage.

People still think of the royals as if they're still back in the Game of Thrones ages.

I remember when William and Harry became teens. The media pretty much obsessed with matching the princes up with the most eligible and titled girls in the land and world. No one thought of them finding their future brides at college or at a party.

We know he dated mostly girls from his social circle prior to college (could of been others we don't know about). It's great that he had the freedom to actually consider women outside his social circle by the time he was in college. I don't think his father had that option.

LaRae

We know he dated mostly girls from his social circle prior to college (could of been others we don't know about). It's great that he had the freedom to actually consider women outside his social circle by the time he was in college. I don't think his father had that option.

LaRae

That's because he was young and wasn't getting out of the palace walls.

Even with Prince Charles dating within his circle that did not prevent huge scandals for the British Royal Family. IMO, coming from the 'right' family and circle means what? Cheating, adultery and divorce is more acceptable if one is from a titled family?
If Prince Charles, the adulterous and divorced heir to the British throne can choose the partner he wants, I don't see why his son who is 5th in line can't do the same and continue the family tradition of marrying for love. Charles and Camilla now work well together, perhaps given a chance Harry and Meghan will too.

I don't really know who or what Meghan is to Prince Harry other than his current girlfriend....but if he decides to marry her I respect his choice. I'm just curious why most Crown Princes of Europe have married their choice without incident but the 5th in line Prince Harry possibly marrying Meghan is cause for protest??!! its really peculiar and an overreaction.

Maybe some are seriously jealous of Meghan? I mean, she does have the world's most wanted Prince. And he pursued her! That is natural especially for those women who are just so in love with the guy.

Also, think most of the issues with Meghan, is that she is American and biracial and those with a problem with her dating Harry will never have the guts to be honest and admit the truth.

\Also, think most of the issues with Meghan, is that she is American and biracial and those with a problem with her dating Harry will never have the guts to be honest and admit the truth.

Why are you always trying to drag the race factor in this discussion???
I personally, could not care less if Meghan is bi-racial or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe some are seriously jealous of Meghan? I mean, she does have the world's most wanted Prince. And he pursued her! That is natural especially for those women who are just so in love with the guy.

Also, think most of the issues with Meghan, is that she is American and biracial and those with a problem with her dating Harry will never have the guts to be honest and admit the truth.

Also, he's Charles and Diana's son. For some reason folks don't think any girl is right for him. Did the same thing to his brother.

Why are you always trying to drag the race factor in???
I personally, could not care less if Megahn is bi-racial or not.

Exactly, it is like We all have to adore her...

We only know fairy tale version... woman who was living for 2 years gives her number to another man and starts communication...to pursue better opportunities...

We only know fairy tale version... woman who was living for 2 years gives her number to another man and starts communication...to pursue better opportunities...

That was the tabloids version and we all know to take that with a grain of salt...The real story is none of our business...

All speculation on the relationship of her ex and the timeline of when Harry and Meghan started dating. Either way, Meghan could not get to the palace door if Harry did not let her in. Good for Harry for pursuing what he wanted.

That was the tabloids version and we all know to take that with a grain of salt...The real story is none of our business...
Of course, I agree, but this is the forum so all versions are subject fir the discussion... for Harry's sake I hope that version ia not valid.. nobody is jealous of her, of him...or Gos forbid a hater.. we just discuss all opetiona and versions...

You have no clue if this is what happened. We don't even know how and when Harry and Meghan met, how her previous relationship ended, and why.

Exactly, it is like We all have to adore her...

I assure you, it's equally tiresome to be told that you're trying to enforce that everyone adore her.

The point is that we should really stop ascribing motivations and opinions to each other; it's likely to be wrong, and it only leads to bad feelings.

Thank you for writing this. Some people desperately want to diminish this relationship and resort to referring to it as a rebound relationship, and pathetically worse, a "booty call". :huh:

The sooner some in the general public recognize that there is something genuinely deep and long term between Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, the better off they will be. In any event, Harry and Meghan are moving along nicely.

From who should he be rebounding from? He's been single for what, 2 years before Meghan?

People are being so extra about all of this. He publicly called her his girlfriend and went out of his way to publish a letter. This is the real deal people, not a booty call, not a fling nor a rebound.

Harry and Cressida B split in April 2014, just after the Guy Pelly wedding, I believe. Therefore, if Harry met Meghan in May or June 2016 it's about two years that he was single.

That rumour that Meghan met Harry at the Trudeaus' house in Canada in May while she was still with her chef boyfriend was a piece of fantasy that arose on Twitter and has no substance behind it at all. If it's appeared in any tabloid it's because journalists at the Sun, Daily Fail and others of that ilk often trawl Twitter and tumblrs etc for their so-called articles.

I don't really know who or what Meghan is to Prince Harry other than his current girlfriend....but if he decides to marry her I respect his choice. I'm just curious why most Crown Princes of Europe have married their choice without incident but the 5th in line Prince Harry possibly marrying Meghan is cause for protest??!! its really peculiar and an overreaction.

I think if you look back through this forum you will see a lot of people had doubts of these marriages. Nothing new with Harry

OMG, "genuinely deep and long term"
Come on! How do you know this? You presume so much, but the fact is you know nothing more than me or any other member on this Forum. It could be, but it could also be over next month.
In March 2014, when Cressida and Harry appeared together in public, people were sure it would lead to marriage. One month later, their relationship was over. We know zilch about what's going on behind closed doors.

For him to release an official statement from Kensington Palace is unprecedented. The royal family doesn't like to rock the boat, so to speak. So for him to go through all of that, she must be important to him. In his own statement, the Duke of Cambridge also stated that he supports the need to Harry to support those closest to him. With all of that, I don't think it's unreasonable for people to assume he has deep feelings for her. Whether or not they last, time will tell. Even if it doesn't, that doesn't mean they didn't feel deeply about each other. And that's jus common sense.

On the other hand, there are people here and elsewhere that doesn't support this relationship are using insulting words to describe her. For example, she is his booty call. Forget how unrealistic it is for a man to travel continents multiple times for a booty call when he has options right outside his door step, it's also extremely insulting. It might be someone's opinion that they aren't that serious, although what we do know points to otherwise, people can't state things like that and not expect others to point out the evidence to the contrary.

BTW, for those that called her a booty call, I find that to be extremely insulting this day and age to refer to a woman like that and sexist frankly. Whether true or not, I don't find the same people referring to him that way, and it takes two to tango.

Go back and check out some of the other Royal dating threads, particularly the one in the lead up to Carl Philip of Sweden's marriage to Sofia Hellqvist.

Also take a peek at threads dealing with nearly ten years worth of speculation about Kate Middleton and her family before her 2011 wedding, and the ongoing debate about the now Queen of Spain Letizia Ortiz Rocasolano.

Make sure to put on a helmet before you enter.;):lol:

Last edited:
For him to release an official statement from Kensington Palace is unprecedented. The royal family doesn't like to rock the boat, so to speak. So for him to go through all of that, she must be important to him. In his own statement, the Duke of Cambridge also stated that he supports the need to Harry to support those closest to him. With all of that, I don't think it's unreasonable for people to assume he has deep feelings for her. Whether or not they last, time will tell. Even if it doesn't, that doesn't mean they didn't feel deeply about each other. And that's jus common sense.

On the other hand, there are people here and elsewhere that doesn't support this relationship are using insulting words to describe her. For example, she is his booty call. Forget how unrealistic it is for a man to travel continents multiple times for a booty call when he has options right outside his door step, it's also extremely insulting. It might be someone's opinion that they aren't that serious, although what we do know points to otherwise, people can't state things like that and not expect others to point out the evidence to the contrary.

BTW, for those that called her a booty call, I find that to be extremely insulting this day and age to refer to a woman like that and sexist frankly. Whether true or not, I don't find the same people referring to him that way, and it takes two to tango.

I agree with you on this point, I would not describe this relationship as a booty call. I find that insulting too.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met behulp van The Royals Community

Please note that several bickering posts have been deleted as they disrupt the thread and the discussion. Posters should be mindful of the tone they use when responding to points of view that differ to their own.

When it comes to discussing Harry and Meghan's relationship in this thread, it seems to me that there are two different types of posters here. One set are the royal watchers that actively follow the British royal family, their activities and engagements and the workings of the monarchy and the ins and outs with its protocol and its way of doing things. Most also follow other families and interests that this board makes available for us. Then there are the people that are Harry fans and celebrity trawlers whose purpose is limited to this thread only and the relationship is their only interest.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with either set of people. We do what we like to do and The Royal Forums offer that to us. When the discussions of "suitability" and "circles" and "breeding" come up, we have to remember that the nobility and the aristocracy is still very much alive in the UK although its influence and importance has become more of a reminder of days gone by as the UK has become more and more of an egalitarian society as a whole.

In our discussions here, someone who may feel that the old way of doing things and having marriages remain between the various classes or breeding of people is a valid one. Its one that has worked for many for centuries and they have their own code of conduct and morals that they have that pertains to them and how they conduct their lives. An example would be extramarital affairs. Divorce was not looked at as a favorable outcome and to retain status, if a marriage crumbled, they would preserve the marriage and have discreet private lives. Its not a norm by any means just as with many couples, the marriage is a happy one without the need to look elsewhere. It is not a class system that denigrates or demeans someone because they're American, biracial or have an unsuitable profession in their eyes. They're just not part of their closed set of people who think as they do.

This is the big difference in our discussions here. Someone that would prefer Harry to marry within his own "circle" aren't necessarily demeaning Meghan for being anything that she is. They're just thinking about everything she's not when it comes to the circles they'd like Harry's bride to be from.

There have been many, many times that American women from "old money" from "good families" have married into the class system in Britain and bringing in money to keep up and restore the old family "piles" (estates) in the UK. One being Frances Work, an American heiress and socialite that married James Roche, 3rd Baron Fermoy in 1880. Very interesting woman to read up about.
She was also Diana, Princess of Wales' great grandmother.

A bit OT but I found this interesting when looking for the year Frances Work married into British high society. The portrait listed looks very uncannily like her great granddaughter Diana. The family resemblance is amazing.

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgur...=jqGZaJSrT-3NjM:&tbnh=160&tbnw=96&vet=1&w=302

To wrap things up, when someone in this thread has the opinion that Harry should marry within his own culture and his own circle or whatever, its not a "hate" on Meghan by any means. Its an opinion of how they believe that things should be done. Understanding and knowing how things work sometimes gives a clearer picture of how the opinions have been formed.

Just my own two cents worth. :D

Reactions: Ish
:previous:

It's one thing when someone says he should marry in his own circle, it's another when they call her unfit.

Perhaps their meaning is that they feel she's "unfit" to be a suitable bride for Harry rather than just seeing Meghan as someone that is "inferior". I think a lot of it is how it is presented in this forum.

One of our rules for discussion is outlined in the rules here. Insulting comments about other posters and royals are not permitted. Criticism is acceptable; insults and flames are not. We expect our members to treat each other with respect. I would assume this rule also applies to Meghan as a topic of discussion here. Our moderators do a wonderful job here keeping us all on topic and quickly douse any fires that are starting to crop up. :D

To restate my own opinion, I don't think Harry sees the people he interacts with in a class defining way in "circles" and "status". He sees people for who they are no matter where they come from or what they do or any of the exterior defining paradigms. If he's found himself in love and wanting a deep, lasting relationship with Meghan, that's all that matters. Our opinions from the outside looking in don't matter.

Last edited:
Catherine and other Princesses who have been married to their princes for decades still get the "unfit" label from people. That tell you what Meghan will get if she does end up marrying Harry

My fear is that Meghan may be the proverbial "rebound girl" one inadvertently feels like he is falling in love with and ends up marrying hastily. Most of the time, that doesn't work in the long run.
You do realize Harry haven't been in a real and authentic relationship since Chelsy. Sure, he was with Cressida, but that was in a very short period of time and it did appear he was babysitting his little sister.

These are grown folks doing their own thing and letting this relationship progress naturally.
Doesn't the story go that Royal Courtiers had someone else in mind for Her Majesty besides Prince Philip? They actually felt that Philip was not good enough, even though he was a prince, he was not from the right family etc. At the young age of 13 is when our Queen first saw Philip, she felt something in her heart first, before duty to country. I'm sure they've been through hardships but at least they didn't have to deal with it on social media.

I hope Harry and Meghan are taking the time to enjoy themselves. If it is meant to be, we will all know about it in due time.
I had to laugh at the rebound theory because like Dman I always thought Harry and Cressida were the quintessential non-couple. We hardly ever saw them next to each other, either standing or sitting and neither of them ever looked at each other with affection in public. The reason that stands out is that throughout his relationship with Chelsy, with all its ups and downs, they both seemed to smile, grin, giggle and howl with laughter, a lot! The 'passion' smouldering between Harry and Cressida was like yesterday's leftover cold sago pudding.

DeeT, I love your point about HM and Prince Philip's romance. Yes, there were those that didn't approve, and her family made sure that Elizabeth met a large number of "suitable" men but, as history shows, all to no avail. She fell in love with him at 13 and that was that. Unfortunately, that did not silence the sniping courtiers who referred to him as "the Hun" and worse both before and after their marriage, making his life as awkward as they could. I guess they were going for 'miserable' but somehow I cannot see Prince Philip giving them the pleasure.

Of the facts that we do know, Prince Harry called Meghan his girlfriend and a statement was issued from KP about her being harassed by the media. This is unprecedented on both counts and I have to admit to despising those who try to denigrate Meghan and find the reasons ranging from hilarious to insulting. Her racial identity, family, and nationality are irrelevant and, whatever else she is, she is not a booty call. To call her that is both defamatory and just plain wrong and as to those who comment on breeding, etc, I commend the wisdom of Princess Michael of Kent.
princessmichael said:
“The English take the breeding of their horses and dogs more seriously than they do their children. God forbid that the wrong drop of blood should get into their labrador. But their children marry everywhere.”
Long may it continue!
I'm sorry, I don't really understand the meaning of this post. Was something missed out or am I just thick?

Quote from Osipi

There have been many, many times that American women from "old money" from "good families" have married into the class system in Britain and bringing in money to keep up and restore the old family "piles" (estates) in the UK. One being Frances Work, an American heiress and socialite that married James Roche, 3rd Baron Fermoy in 1880. Very interesting woman to read up about.
She was also Diana, Princess of Wales' great grandmother.

A bit OT but I found this interesting when looking for the year Frances Work married into British high society. The portrait listed looks very uncannily like her great granddaughter Diana. The family resemblance is amazing.

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...96&vet=1&w=302

End Quote from Osipi

I'm sorry to go off topic like this Osipi, but I am almost sure that the portrait you posted in the above link is of Diana's greatly loved grandmother Cynthia Spencer. I've seen it before.

Frances Work, Diana's great grandmother certainly provided the basis for the Roche family fortune, and she was an heiress. However, she was hardly from 'old money' or a 'good family' in the good breeding sense it's been used on this forum in the last dozen or so posts. Her father Franklin was a self made Ohio native who married a local girl. Fannie Work was their only child and her marriage to the poverty stricken ladies man Baron Roche was miserable. She divorced him within six years.

So much surrounding whether Royal marriages last is sheer luck IMO.
Look at Diana, aristocrat, from one of Britain's oldest and most distinguished families. Considered eminently suitable. Well bred. Did well in charity work and public duties but Miserable and disastrous marriage for herself and Charles.

Sarah Ferguson, middleclass, connections to gentry and aristocracy. Got on swimmingly with the BRF at first. Considered suitable because she 'fitted in to country life'. Marriage a disaster, infidelity, though the couple remain friends. Not suitable really as a Royal duchess.

Sophie Wessex. Very middleclass. Parents a car salesman and a secretary. Happily married and does Royal duties well.

Camilla Duchess of Cornwall. Aristocratic and gentry connections. Well bred. Played controversial part in Charles's first marriage. Now settled down and doing well with her patronages. Happy marriage.

All these women were English born, of 'good' families, two of ancient lineage, three of them had personal and family links to the BRF before marriage, but what a mixed bag!

Last edited:
As well as being a wee bit off topic from Harry and Meghan's relationship perhaps that the added information of the class structures, the lineages and wealth and status may be, I think it adds to the discussion in regards to Harry and Meghan. Harry was born royal, the creme de la creme family of the upperest upper crust elite in the UK with hundreds upon hundreds of years of titles and status and wealth behind them. Meghan was born to the second wife of Tom Markle who is an Emmy award winning cinematologist in the United States. Her mother Doria has a master's degree in social work and works as a yoga instructor. Her parents are accomplished and educated people

No matter which culture or family one comes from, they're all flesh and bone human beings and we know for a fact that no human being is perfect. Examples can be cited from all walks of life of those that have made mistakes. A certain breed or class or status doesn't prevent this. In this respect, I think it is doing both Harry and Meghan an injustice to define, put labels on and insert factors into their relationship that shouldn't be there. That is what I mean by looking at the externals but when you think about it, that's really all we really know about this relationship. We have very little facts to really base a solid opinion on so its too easy to pin opinion on what seems to be.

That's what we get from Harry and Meghan keeping so much to themselves and by their actions telling inquiring minds that just *need* to know to go jump in lake somewhere. :D

We do not need to know or to jump into lake because maybe we will loose any respect, belive me, I am a lawyer and seen many ugliness under charming situation...

As I said this the discussion forum, otherwise we will never gather here... in their case, if they marry, they present us some fairy tale version to fit expectation of old ladies and romantic souls... or even if they tell the truth, someone will always doubt it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom