Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the universal truths is that life is change. People that are very well suited to each other, love each other and seem like the "fairy tale couple" can and often do find that as the years roll by, they change and grow in separate directions or they grow together. I know this from experience. I divorced after 20 years of marriage. We grew apart and went in separate directions. It couldn't have been foreseen on the day of our wedding.

Marriage takes work and commitment and being able to compromise. The wedding is the celebration of a promise to do their best to do just that. Even in the most mature of commitments, the promises made at the wedding never guarantees happily ever after. Its the marriage itself that prevails over the years through ups and downs and trials and failures and those "I don't like you much right now" days.

None of us can really know or even begin to understand what the emotions, the little things that go bump in the night or the crazy little idiosyncrasies that either Meghan or Harry have nor can we know for certain just how well they "fit" with each other as that's something they're very careful to not let the public be privy to. We hardly even catch a glimpse of them together. How can we really pass judgment on the very little that we do know?

Relationships and marriages do not come with a step by step instruction book on how to guarantee a successful union with a money back guarantee if it doesn't work. :D

I just have a bad feeling about this couple don't see a happy ever. I think because a royal marriage is so much more than just being "madly in love ". It's a life time of working for your in-laws , doing what your told, being on show every time you step out the door etc etc it takes more than being "in love ". As the children of the Queens 3 out of 4 royal marriages not lasting shows. Anyway JMO as I'm not into fairytales

I just can't see this relationship go all the way. I do think she is the wrong choice on so many levels.
IF they do get married, I won't lose sleep over it and wish them all the best.
But I think (and hope) a wedding is still a long way off.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met behulp van The Royals Community

He is just 32, too young for marriage,.

William was 28 when he married.

I am so glad that Harry is the person that he is!

In spite of all of you here, in Britain and everywhere else. He is going EXACTLY what he wants and tell the rest of you to gotta hell. He pretty said that in his KP statement as well!!

Last edited by a moderator:
:ohmy: Oh my virgin ears! :ROFLMAO:

Come to think of it, when I was 32, I'd been married 11 years and had 3 kids by that time. :D

Hi all, I'm new to this forum! I've been lurking for quite a while, but now I'm excited to join the fun.

I'm still trying to understand how 32 is too young for marriage? 22, yes, but 32?

Come to think of it, when I was 32, I'd been married 11 years and had 3 kids by that time. :D

By 32 I had 3 children and had been married 11 years also! Still married to the same guy almost 29 years now.

LaRae

I just can't see this relationship go all the way. I do think she is the wrong choice on so many levels.
IF they do get married, I won't lose sleep over it and wish them all the best.
But I think (and hope) a wedding is still a long way off.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met behulp van The Royals Community
OK.Why is she the wrong choice and who do you deem to/would be right?

Perhaps people should calm down a bit here.

Take a visit to the 80th Birthday Thread of King Harald and Queen Sonja and read about Norway's beloved King and Queen instead.

Well, if he's stupid enough to marry her it'll become his own mistake....
He never had a proper feeling for a woman who fits for him IMO-and he never will!
Maybe this is one reason why Wills married this boring Katie: He might have been afraid to end up like Harry....
1. How do you know that?

2 She's not boring.

I am so glad that Harry is the person that he is!

In spite of all of you here, in Britain and everywhere else. He is going EXACTLY what he wants and tell the rest of you to gotta hell. He pretty said that in his KP statement as well!!
Harry is not an ordinary person and the woman he marries will be a member of the British royal family. And therefore we must respect that people have different opinions.

Some like this relationship, others does not.

Let's move on from the debate about what age people should be married - it is irrelevant to the topic of the thread. The same goes with regard to the character and personality of other members of the Royal Family - we don't need to compare Prince Harry's current girlfriend with his sister-in-law.

Nice public outing would help change the conversation, lol.

If they continue dating we'll see them out an about again eventually. I find it quite amusing that they are so good and staying under the radar. I love seeing the media get a spike in their wheel.

LaRae

I think the phrase booty call to describe this relationship is mute especially since the Prince himself has called her his girlfriend. If he wanted a booty call I'm sure he had plenty less expensive options in London that do not require a plane ticket and hours of travel.

I do think he's making it very clear that he wants to be with Meg and will likely marry her. Men do not go out of their way to reach out to someone who is just a booty call. He would have dropped her long ago if she hadn't meant anything to him.

I'm interested to hear who would be a perfect, well bred partner for Harry. Who would be the suitable parents? What should her job be?

IMO her job is actually irrelevant, because, as said multiple times in this thread, she'll have to stop working once engaged. Demanding that his wife should be a freeking brain surgeon and nothing less, but be ready to walk away from her job the minute Harry exchanges numbers with her, is just cazy. I also am going to make a wild guess, that if the press started digging, from every family we'd find at least one crazy drunk uncle, or a cousin with a past DUI, or some relative who had made nasty comments on social media. These well bred families aren't exempt.

I'm thinking, that if Harry finds a woman, who he loves and likes, who feels the same about him, who respect each other, and she's willing to stop working, move to UK, live under the microscope that the Royal Family live under, and still love and like him and that life, he's lucky. Everything else IMO is extra, that can be worked on.

I also think, that Harry is a smart person, who has a fairly good judgement, he's lived and seen a lot of life, and doesn't need strangers worrying about him and warning him about a woman he's dating. He's not an 18 year old. He's an adult man, he's seen first hand more about the pitfalls of marriage going wrong, than people give him credit for.

If and when Harry marries, I think it'll be to someone who'll be a great wife to him, and who'll fit into the Royal wife role well too. And it's not going to be because fans worried about him and the wrong women, but becauae ge has a good head on his shoulders, and good group of people around him, too.

Considering all the less than appropriate behavior we all know that the Royals have gotten up to the past several hundred years, to suggest a woman should be 'well bred' screams of hypocrisy.

Royals don't just stay within their 'circle' anymore. They meet people from all walks of life. The country is better off because of it.

LaRae

Considering all the less than appropriate behavior we all know that the Royals have gotten up to the past several hundred years, to suggest a woman should be 'well bred' screams of hypocrisy.

Royals don't just stay within their 'circle' anymore. They meet people from all walks of life. The country is better off because of it.

LaRae

Just to add, this staying within their "circle" thing isn't just antiquated. It's also bad science. We've seen what inbreeding can do, and when the royals stayed in their "circle" in the old days, that happened too often.

So all the European Crown Princes can marry for love and have the freedom to choose who they really love but Prince Harry the 5th in line must marry within his circle? I support Harry's choice be it Meghan or Chelsy or whoever he falls madly in love with.

Although, it's 2017, some people still have a hard time accepting royals dating and marrying outside of the royal box. Some people still think the royals should date and marry based on what's best for the country and monarchy, not out of one's heart desire.

Well, if he's stupid enough to marry her it'll become his own mistake....
He never had a proper feeling for a woman who fits for him IMO-and he never will!
Maybe this is one reason why Wills married this boring Katie: He might have been afraid to end up like Harry....

My fear is that Meghan may be the proverbial "rebound girl" one inadvertently feels like he is falling in love with and ends up marrying hastily. Most of the time, that doesn't work in the long run.

I don't really know who or what Meghan is to Prince Harry other than his current girlfriend....but if he decides to marry her I respect his choice. I'm just curious why most Crown Princes of Europe have married their choice without incident but the 5th in line Prince Harry possibly marrying Meghan is cause for protest??!! its really peculiar and an overreaction.

My fear is that Meghan may be the proverbial "rebound girl" one inadvertently feels like he is falling in love with and ends up marrying hastily. Most of the time, that doesn't work in the long run.

You do realize Harry haven't been in a real and authentic relationship since Chelsy. Sure, he was with Cressida, but that was in a very short period of time and it did appear he was babysitting his little sister.

These are grown folks doing their own thing and letting this relationship progress naturally.

From who should he be rebounding from? He's been single for what, 2 years before Meghan?

People are being so extra about all of this. He publicly called her his girlfriend and went out of his way to publish a letter. This is the real deal people, not a booty call, not a fling nor a rebound.

Although I tried and tried to find a credible source as to the final split with Cressida, I'm basing this on this thread alone. As of January, 2016, we all were discussing new loves for Harry so I'm assuming he'd been broken up with Cressida for a bit of a while by then.

Its now a bit over a year later and Harry has been seeing Meghan since what... last summer? That, in my book is hardly a "rebound" romance. These two people seem to be taking it slow, keeping the relationship totally private and most definitely are not doing anything rash and at the spur of the moment.

Sometimes too, when you meet that certain person that is "the one", you just know instinctively that this is it. This is a relationship I want to work on an nurture and take all things into consideration and take time for the relationship to become a solid one. People have married after three weeks of knowing each other and remained married until their golden years.

Each relationship is different and I don't think we actually can put any labels on him or her or the relationship itself. All relationships are totally unique to the people involved in them. Looking at Harry and Meghan's relationship is like looking at a package wrapped in plain brown paper. We have no clue whatsoever what is inside. All kinds of rumors, opinions and just plain made up stories abound and I don't think any of them really gives a picture of what these two people think, do together or feel.

I get the feeling that we won't know either until there is either an announcement from Kensington Palace or Buckingham Palace or we all of a sudden see Harry out and about with another woman on his arm. They may surprise us though with an appearance in public that officially states that this couple is going places..... together. :D

Although, it's 2017, some people still have a hard time accepting royals dating and marrying outside of the royal box. Some people still think the royals should date and marry based on what's best for the country and monarchy, not out of one's heart desire.

I'm even failing to see how marrying from 'his circles' would help UK in any way or form. These days contracts and negotiations aren't based on or sealed with a marriage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom