Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is worth remembering that the only "source" with any reliability in connection with news of an engagement will be Buckingham Palace.

Please note that discussion on the issue of tax, income, expenses etc have been deleted since this thread relates to Harry's relationship and not finances.

:lol: I don't think Harry would overshadow Invictus on purpose...Wouldn't take that article seriously.

Oh wow she quit her television show? She closed down tig? She quit works vision and UN? You have to share your induce source please. I mean it must be a major insider :whistling:

Oh wait what was that.....oh I heard this funny rumor that shows do this thing called filming seasons, and her show hasn't started filming. I could be wrong, I am not an actress, but I am quite sure her show starts filming in March. Oh and that she is under contract for at least this coming season.

I must be hallucinating because I am pretty sure there have been new posts on the tig since December. But must be my imagination as you say she has abandoned that. Oh wait, I believe there has been about fourteen since Christmas, not counting the two that are reposted from 2015.

Oh and those photos of her in India with either vision must have been faked. I mean a look alike must have been in India.

As for her fashion line, how could she possibly do that from London. Impossible.

You are right, she is a waits Meghan, no job, no life, she us leeching off Harry :bang:

Nice to have funny people here!
Nobody said she terminated anything, but rather hibernated... I mean, who can sit almost two months behind the closed doors... Waiting and waiting...

Why would she be waiting for anything?

I don't know where this 'two months' is coming from. We are only halfway through February and we know Meghan and Harry were not together at Christmas. That makes about six weeks at the most if we disregard Meghan's trip to India.

She's on hiatus from filming as I said in my last post and she's staying with Harry and they are learning to live together and share their lives. I think it's fantastic.

Meghan has probably been to various parts of England with her boyfriend. Just because they haven't been photographed doesn't mean they've been hanging around 24/7 inside Nott Cott.

They've been to Norway, Harry has friends he sails with in the summer in Cornwall, they may have visited them. They could have been in Norfolk or in Scotland. No tabloid would be tracking them 24/7. Harry bobbed up at Birkhall after Christmas when no-one knew he was there. It's the same with all the royals. We see about 1% of their private lives and don't know what they do the rest of the time.

It's ridiculous, IMHO, to suggest that because Suits isn't filming at the moment that Meghan is 'hiding away' and wasting her time. Has she been at Nott Cott for a year not doing anything, two years, three? No. So, sorry AmberG, but your statements have no foundation.

Last edited:
Nice to have funny people here!
Nobody said she terminated anything, but rather hibernated... I mean, who can sit almost two months behind the closed doors... Waiting and waiting...

I had to laugh at this as I picture Meghan sitting in a room at Nott Cott in a rocking chair going back and forth and back and forth with tea cups and various other things just piling up on the table besides her. Throw in a Aran wool afghan over her and we have a clear, concise picture of um... someone waiting.

One of the blessings of living within Kensington Palace grounds is that it is quite easy to transport in and out of there without being noticed. As been already stated, neither Harry or Meghan are people that seem to like to live in the vegetative state, they've probably been out and about many places. They've just been able to do it under the radar.

Its totally silly to think that just because we don't see them, they're sequestered behind locked doors.

I don't think anyone is saying that she would be forced to do anything but it is a valid point that if she is ever becomes a member of the BRF then the British public would have expectations of her as in becoming/committing herself to the country.

And that's a reasonable and fair assumption.

She would (as far as UK is concerned) cease to be a celebrity and become a public figure - that is why expectations would be high.

Frankly, you don't have to agree but an alternative perspective from experienced royal followers (rather than 'fans') is worth considering.

That's if, of course, she ever marries him.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Maxima keep her Argentinian citizenship after marrying Willem-Alexander ? What about Mary Donaldson, is she still an Australian citizen ?

I'm not sure how the UK handles dual citizenship, but AFAIK (again I may be wrong), a US citizen loses his/her US citizenship only if he/she applies voluntarily for citizenship of another country with the intent of giving up his/her US citizenship. I know that is a little bit vague, but, in practical terms, people who acquire a foreign nationality by marriage , as it would be the case for Meghan, normally do not automatically risk losing US nationality.

Maybe someone more knowledgeable can add further information on the topic.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Maxima keep her Argentinian citizenship after marrying Willem-Alexander ? What about Mary Donaldson, is she still an Australian citizen ?

I'm not sure how the UK handles dual citizenship, but AFAIK (again I may be wrong), a US citizen loses his/her US citizenship only if he/she applies voluntarily for citizenship of another country with the intent of giving up his/her US citizenship. I know that is a little bit vague, but, in practical terms, people who acquire a foreign nationality by marriage , as it would be the case for Meghan, normally do not automatically risk losing US nationality.

Maybe someone more knowledgeable can add further information on the topic.

Mary had to gave up her Australian and British citizenship when she got married

This might be OT but this deals with their relationship

I believe the US have different laws regarding taxes as it regards to their citizenship than Argentina. If Harry and Meghan gets married and she make the choice to keep her American citizenship. The IRS requires her and Harry to provide his financial information as he is a spouse of an American citizen. Now he might not have to if they don't hold joint accounts and she doesn't file certain deductions.

Last edited:
It's the perception. Keeping her American citizenship when married to a British prince will cause a lot of people (including the press) to question Meghan's commitment to her new country.

So even if she's not required by law, it would be smart thing to do to avoid any grief.

Guys,

She's not sitting in the man's house and waiting for an engagement ring. What year is this? The 1600's?. The couple is just spend quality time together. It's the folks on the net that's rushing for an engagement.

I love that there already is also a pre-criticism on what she might do... just in case.... lol.

If someone has committed to something and is doing a good job at it why should their citizenship matter? Today, there are volunteers all over this world who are committed to doing good work in countries that are not of their place of birth. Kudos to them for their generosity.

IMO, it doesn't matter what Meghan does there are people, including the press who will find something to pick at, just by dating Harry has shown that. People have complained she's out doing pap strolls, while others complain that she's hiding away behind palace doors. As a person with dual citizenship, I would not be bothered either way with Meghan's citizenship. If Meghan was to become a member of the BRF, as long as she does a good job is all the commitment that should matter.

Currently, she is now just as Kate. According to many posters here, she is young and accomplished woman, with work ethics. Now, I just see someone who stopped almost all her daily activities except recicled articles from the Thig or some recocled photo... she sits behind the closed doors for 2 months with him and waits for the ring...Stooped her life, but he didn't do the same.

I know most will tell she wants to see how life is doing with him but that is really never garantee for anything...

One outdoor person who enjoys life now is waity Meghan...

I am not bih fan of her at all but I see a grown woman who stopped her life... she should continue her life as same as before until the official engagement...
I really hate comparing Meghan and Kate, just because they are so different and in different stages of their life when they are royal girlfriends.

Spending less than two months in a different country with your boyfriend is hardly waity anything. She still has a job, which she is only on hiatus from right now. Once the show starts filming, they live in separate countries and it's harder to see each other than normal dating couples because they both have commitments in different countries. While she's in London, The Tig's social media is still updated on a daily basis, it's just her personal social media that's been quiet with good reasons. She still keeps her commitment to her charitable work. She went to India, and I'm sure there are work in advance that she had to do behind the scenes. She's talked about being more involved with UN than just what the public sees in the past. Actually knowing what she's talking about before going overseas for a trip is important to her.

This is getting to the point where I don't see why she would want to get anymore serious with Harry. She's damned if she works, it means she's not committed to him as much as she's committed to her job. She's damn if she doesn't, spending less than two months with her boyfriend whom she can't just go over to see after a day's work means she's given up her whole life and just waiting around for him.

I really hate comparing Meghan and Kate, just because they are so different and in different stages of their life when they are royal girlfriends.

This is getting to the point where I don't see why she would want to get anymore serious with Harry. She's damned if she works, it means she's not committed to him as much as she's committed to her job. She's damn if she doesn't, spending less than two months with her boyfriend whom she can't just go over to see after a day's work means she's given up her whole life and just waiting around for him.

Welcome, to the world of royal watching. Women dating/married to royal men are treated in the most vile way by the media and the keyboard warriors. Everything they say, do, and wear is bashed. How they smile is bashed, how they grasp their hands is bashed. Then to add the cherry-on-top the women are pitted against each other.

It's a very misogynistic fandom. If you are a fan of any of these women, or even just think they deserve basic human respect, you're going to want to tear your hair out 90% of the time. Meghan will need to have the thick skin of a rhino, or she will need to avoid reading anything about herself and stay offline. Otherwise she'll drown in the ugliness, and run for the hills like previous women.

Last edited:
As an FYI, I saw a couple of videos with other members of the cast (one with Gabriel (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E89KSoFZm4U) and another with Rick and Sarah (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1G0TBhm7Os). According to the answer they gave in the Q&A, they're going back in April to begin filming season 7.

Gabriel actually also addressed the "what do actors do when they're on hiatus" and it was exactly as posters here have said: spend time relaxing and with their families/friends/SOs. He was also quite adamant about not shaving during his hiatus (people complained about his beard), but I suspect that part won't apply to Meghan.

Welcome, to the world of royal watching. Women dating/married to royal men are treated in the most vile way by the media and the keyboard warriors. Everything they say, do, and wear is bashed. How they smile is bashed, how they grasp their hands is bashed. Then to add the cherry-on-top the women are pitted against each other.

It's a very misogynist fandom. If you are a fan of any of these women, or even just think they deserve basic human respect, you're going to want to tear your hair out 90% of the time. Meghan will need to have the thick skin of a rhino, or she will need to avoid reading anything about herself and stay offline. Otherwise she'll drown in the ugliness, and run for the hills like previous women.

This is so true about the fandom. Women are just held to an unfair standard here, sociologists would have a field day studying the strain of anti-feminism, extreme conservatism, even petty jealousy of some royal watchers. These harsh criticisms are true of Meghan, were true for Catherine, were worse for others like Sweden's Princess Sofia, but even those born into this life are not spared--Charlotte Casiraghi is just one example.

Funny thing about Meghan, hated her Rachel character but she seems likable with a good head on her shoulders and the independent, hardworking bit of her makes her the most relatable royal SO yet that I can't help but root for her. Anyway, at this point I think even if the Virgin Mary were the one in a relationship with a popular royal, some people would still find an off tangent reason to be critical. As Confucius once said, haters gonna hate lol.

I just think he can do much better. Grace Kelly was born a Main Line society member. She was also a star during the Golden Age when stars acted and kept their views to themselves. This generation....yeesh.. He can obviously date whomever he wishes, but if they got engaged I would not watch anything about them or the wedding and would focus my following on William and Catherine only. I do not care for her or her family. I cringe thinking the church would be filled with Hollywood people and her father and brother out there in the media pretending they are now Astors and Rockefellers...

Back on topic please. Private discussions between individuals can take place by PM not within the thread, hence some posts have been deleted.

I just think he can do much better. Grace Kelly was born a Main Line society member. She was also a star during the Golden Age when stars acted and kept their views to themselves. This generation....yeesh.. He can obviously date whomever he wishes, but if they got engaged I would not watch anything about them or the wedding and would focus my following on William and Catherine only. I do not care for her or her family. I cringe thinking the church would be filled with Hollywood people and her father and brother out there in the media pretending they are now Astors and Rockefellers...

How about who filled Westminster Abbey during the Cambridge nuptials...footballers, badly dressed starlets? I didn't spot any Astors or Rockefellers in the group.

How on earth could Harry's guest list be more "cringeworthy?":ermm:

Grace Kelly for all her upbringing was far from perfect she had alot of affairs with married men in her day. Her relationship with her father was mentally abusive and her marriage was not a happy one. Still she is an iconic and beloved HUMAN figure. The thing is all these people you put on a pedestal are human just like Meghan and her family are. One group has the money to HIDE their faults while the other does not. Also Meghan and her HALF brother are not close so I doubt he will be invited.

How about who filled Westminster Abbey during the Cambridge nuptials...footballers, badly dressed starlets? I didn't spot any Astors or Rockefellers in the group.

How on earth could Harry's guest list be more "cringeworthy?":ermm:

Grace van Cutsem, a bridesmaid, daughter of Rose Astor, is a direct descendant of Waldorf Astor, 2nd Viscount Astor

If you think the royal wedding guest list was 'cringeworthy' you should maybe go over it again. Nothing but the 'Great and the Good'

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wedding_guests_of_Prince_William_and_Catherine_Middleton

:previous:

Thanks, but I watched it live. It was a beautiful ceremony as I remember. But among the "great and good" on the guest list was also an inordinate number(IMO) of TV starlets and footballers and nouveau riche society types-in hideous fascinators of of course- unknown outside of Britain

My point to Lady Marmalade was that Harry's guest list will probably be pretty much the same.

Last edited:
Grace Kelly for all her upbringing was far from perfect she had alot of affairs with married men in her day. Her relationship with her father was mentally abusive and her marriage was not a happy one.

Exactly. Grace ended up a miserable unhappy alcoholic so I don't see her as a great example for anyone.

As to the waity thing, it's fine to criticize these women who arrange their schedules to be available for royal men, but if they didn't, when would they ever get to see them? Yes, it was mostly Kate who had to adapt to William, and Meghan will mostly have to adapt to Harry.

That is just the way it works.

Guys,

She's not sitting in the man's house and waiting for an engagement ring. What year is this? The 1600's?. The couple is just spend quality time together. It's the folks on the net that's rushing for an engagement.

I am of the opinion that everybody has to mantain their routine in the relationship... at this point she hibernates at least with her public appearances...

She should do promotion like nothing happens... Harry so his public appearances and she sits at home waiting him... that is not modern....

Grace van Cutsem, a bridesmaid, daughter of Rose Astor, is a direct descendant of Waldorf Astor, 2nd Viscount Astor

If you think the royal wedding guest list was 'cringeworthy' you should maybe go over it again. Nothing but the 'Great and the Good'

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wedding_guests_of_Prince_William_and_Catherine_Middleton

Are we under the misconception that only Meghan will have guests? :bang:

Last I looked Prince Harry was the groom. And his guests will include many if the sane people his brother included. Including the Van Cutsem family who through Charles, both boys are extremely close too. Grace may not be flower girl, but there will be at least one Astor in the audience if they wed. Like Beatrice and Eugenie, Harry moves in sometimes more posh circles then William.

As for lady marmalade crass comments about her father, what has her dad dive? He has refused to make any comment in the two. Both her parents have been silent. How are they any different then the middletons? Her big mouthed Hekmat brother is no different then uncle Gary. And unlike have Gary, there is little chance the half brother she hasn't seen in many years, will be invited.

As for the guest list maybe you should take a second look. There were plebtu if celebrities like posh and Becks. Definitely not high society.

Are we under the misconception that only Meghan will have guests? :bang:

Last I looked Prince Harry was the groom. And his guests will include many if the sane people his brother included. Including the Van Cutsem family who through Charles, both boys are extremely close too. Grace may not be flower girl, but there will be at least one Astor in the audience if they wed. Like Beatrice and Eugenie, Harry moves in sometimes more posh circles then William.

As for lady marmalade crass comments about her father, what has her dad dive? He has refused to make any comment in the two. Both her parents have been silent. How are they any different then the middletons? Her big mouthed Hekmat brother is no different then uncle Gary. And unlike have Gary, there is little chance the half brother she hasn't seen in many years, will be invited.

As for the guest list maybe you should take a second look. There were plebtu if celebrities like posh and Becks. Definitely not high society.

I didn't mention Harry... but I will.

David Beckham was the only footballer and he was invited because of his work with William on England's World Cup bid.

As for the 'celebrities', again most have charity connections or are friends of Prince Charles.

Harry's guest list won't have the same foreign royals, politicians, members of the armed forces or clergy.

His friends are pretty much the same friends as William's, so they will be the same.

Last edited:
I am of the opinion that everybody has to mantain their routine in the relationship... at this point she hibernates at least with her public appearances...

She should do promotion like nothing happens... Harry so his public appearances and she sits at home waiting him... that is not modern....

You are assuming she's sitting home waiting for him....however if she is and is choosing to do that, it's her decision to do so.

LaRae

I didn't mention Harry... but I will.

David Beckham was the only footballer and he was invited because of his work with William on England's World Cup bid.

As for the 'celebrities', again most have charity connections or were friends of Prince Charles.

Harry's guest list won't have the same foreign royals, politicians, members of the armed forces or clergy.

His friends are pretty much the same friends as William, so they will be the same.

I have no clue about the brothers' personal friends, so I won't comment on that. However, to discredit Meghan as having only celebrity friends is quite unfair. She moves in the high society in Toronto as well. One of her best friends is Jessica Mulroney, who is the daughter in law off former Prime Minister of Canada and comes from a wealthy family herself. She's also friends with the current first family of Canada. Some argues that Jessica Mulroney is also part of the entertainment industry as her work is PR related, but she's also in a family that comes from what's considered respected by your definition. So perhaps the high society types are merging with the newer wealth. Perhaps they are less judgmental and more inclusive than some that are not in the group.

Will there be actors and actresses present? Sure. She knows some because she's an actress. I'd imagine her co stars would be invited, and Priyanka Chopra and so on. But to dismiss it as just another Hollywood wedding and somehow more cringeworthy than other royal weddings is unfair. Plus, some people that Meghan has worked with on her charitable causes, Thuli Madonsela comes to mind, have spoken very highly of her as more than an actress.

And if anything, I'd suspect Harry's wedding would include more representatives from different levels of armed forces than William's did. Military is a big part of who he is, and he's done a lot to speak up for wounded veterans.

Last edited:

How do you know what she does when Harry's is doing public appearances? She could be doing anything, and to assume that she's just waiting around for Harry to return home is silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom