Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the end, what it all boils down to is that it doesn't matter one iota if Harry's bride is from the US, Canada, Timbuktu or the Seventh House of Betezed or what the popular opinion of his bride is. If and when Harry decides to marry, it will be his choice and his choice alone and the marriage will happen with the blessing of his monarch.

Everyone else on the planet may have opinions and that's their right to but to think that a marriage would not happen solely because of an opinion of the general population is grasping at straws.

Although I don't disagree with you, I think popular opinion matters to the British Royal Family and, indeed, to any European royal family nowadays. Meghan may in the end prove to be a popular royal bride and royal spouse, or she may not, but, in either case, I wouldn't ignore the importance of public opinion about her in Britain and the broader Commonwealth.

Lol, I was just coming here to say the same thing! That doesn't look like an H to me.

Isn't it funny?:lol: I could have understood the "H" on the necklace, but in my opinion, it must need a lot of imagination to see such a letter on that ring...:lol:

That easily could just be an Hermes ring. However she already has an H M necklace so its not out of the realm of possibility it could be a monogrammed H ring.

At first I thought it looked like those rings that are shaped like a crown, but actually it does look like a Hermes ring.

Although I don't disagree with you, I think popular opinion matters to the British Royal Family and, indeed, to any European royal family nowadays. Meghan may in the end prove to be a popular royal bride and royal spouse, or she may not, but, in either case, I wouldn't ignore the importance of public opinion about her in Britain and the broader Commonwealth.

Popular opinion matters only to a certain extent, and certainly it's not at the extent you put it to be. Case in point, if popular opinion is all that mattered to the royal family, Charles would've never married Camilla. Yet when his love proved to be extremely unpopular, he made it known to his team that she's non-negotiable and fought tooth and nail to be with her despite public opinion. And speaking of unpopular royal spouse, if Camilla can get through that to today, Meghan's situation should be a piece of cake.

They might not have a church wedding, Charles and Camilla didn't

Charles and Camilla both married in the church the first time, and her ex-husband was still alive at the time of her wedding to Charles. Also, at that time, the Church of England does not allow divorced couples to marry in church at all. Since then, they've loosened that rule somewhat. Even in this day and age, I doubt the CoE would've allowed Charles and Camilla to marry in church considering how it's very publicly known that their relationship was central to at least Charles' divorce.

Meghan and Harry are in a different situation. She was never married in the church.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure about the ring, but it does appear Meghan and Harry are 'beanie buddies'

It doesn't really get cold enough in Australia for the daily wearing of beanies but British winters are so icy it's probably great to have wool covering your head and ears. I had a faux fur one once!

Must be very nice for Harry to have his girlfriend with him in London.

Yes, Dman, I'm sure it is. Quiet dates and evenings at home. Meghan's reportedly an enthusiastic cook, so Harry's probably very appreciative!

Charles and Camilla both married in the church the first time, and her ex-husband was still alive at the time of her wedding to Charles. Also, at that time, the Church of England does not allow divorced couples to marry in church at all. Since then, they've loosened that rule somewhat. Even in this day and age, I doubt the CoE would've allowed Charles and Camilla to marry in church considering how it's very publicly known that their relationship was central to at least Charles' divorce.

Meghan and Harry are in a different situation. She was never married in the church.

"Alternative Facts" :lol:

The CoE started to allow divorcees to remarry in 2002. Charles and Camilla married in 2005. So this part of your argument is untrue.

It doesn't really get cold enough in Australia for the daily wearing of beanies but British winters are so icy it's probably great to have wool covering your head and ears. I had a faux fur one once!

I suppose you could wear beanies in Melbourne in the winter, couldn't you ? Southeastern England is not really that much colder than Victoria, Tasmania or New Zealand in the winter. The winters in the American Northeast and Midwest can be much worse in comparison, even though the northern half of the US is actually located at much lower latitudes than the British isles. I guess it has to do with the Gulf stream warming up northwestern Europe.

Last edited:
Yes, Dman, I'm sure it is. Quiet dates and evenings at home. Meghan's reportedly an enthusiastic cook, so Harry's probably very appreciative!

Sounds good and very relaxing. I'm sure they have date nights with Cambridge's too.

I suppose you could wear beanies in Melbourne in the winter, couldn't you ? Southeastern England is not really that much colder than Victoria, Tasmania or New Zealand in the winter. The winters in the American Northeast and Midwest can be much worse in comparison, even though the northern half of the US is actually located at much lower latitudes than the British isles. I guess it has to do with the Gulf stream warming up northwestern Europe.

Yes, it does get very cold in Melbourne winters Mbruno. However, aside from ski resorts with snow and ice, at the footy, and perhaps country excursions, beanies don't seem to be a hugely popular fashion item in winter here. I put it down to the fact that Aussies use cars a lot. Go to the supermarket, travel there and back in the car, cinema, restaurants, hairdressers etc., use the car to get there and then dash into heated locales. City workers do walk around at lunch times etc but you rarely see beanies.

Last edited:
Gosh, Meghan's taking a risk! All that white with two dogs! However, her back yard looks a real sanctuary, she certainly looks as if she has a knack for interior decoration, and the colourful peonies are beautiful.

Yes, seen the pics before. She has a very nice home and you can see how she'll go about decorating her future family home. Just seeing the pics today of her flower shopping, I think Harry's place smells extra nice.

She seems to have a nice taste and likes decorating. She's been snapped a few times buying fresh flowers, too.

Do we have any idea or guesses how long she's stayed with Harry this time? Or how long have they stayed together, wherever that has been? New Years?

She seems to have a nice taste and likes decorating. She's been snapped a few times buying fresh flowers, too.

Do we have any idea or guesses how long she's stayed with Harry this time? Or how long have they stayed together, wherever that has been? New Years?

She's been with him since Dec. 30 according to what I've read.

Probably she is jobless until new shooting starts...

Her Instagram gives the impression that she gets herself fresh flowers once a week, at least while in Toronto.

She couldn't have been - she went to India for a week was it?

All the reports I've read said they've been in London since before New Year with the exception of her India trip and their Norway trip. It's likely at this point she'll stay with him until she has to return for filming, which will be late March unless she has some other work commitment before then.

"Alternative Facts" :lol:

The CoE started to allow divorcees to remarry in 2002. Charles and Camilla married in 2005. So this part of your argument is untrue.

I stand corrected. I got my timing mixed up. Oh well, at least I didn't make up something that's never happened. Lol

Anyways, my point about the situation being different still stands. I don't think the church would've granted Charles and Camilla a church wedding anyways because of their affair and how publicized it was. Harry obviously didn't play a part in the breakdown of that marriage. Plus, Meghan was never married in the Church of England. I don't know if they do the same thing as the Catholic Church where if you weren't previously married in the church, that's less of a problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems to me that she quickly enters into living with someone...like she can kt stay alone for too long... maybe she needed some time to see why two significant relationships, marriage and Corey, didn't work...

I have no doubt that she will marry him, not sure it is good for her. She has already started to look and dress like Chelsy and Cress ( jeans, ancle boots, ) she can better...plus maybe rejected certain job offers to be available for him... she needs little bit time of her own...

Charles and Camilla not having a church wedding really tells us nothing about Harry and the kind of wedding he would have. Given that Harry would be marrying for the first time, I think the odds are pretty high for a church wedding. Meghan being a divorcee won't affect that.

All the reports I've read said they've been in London since before New Year with the exception of her India trip and their Norway trip. It's likely at this point she'll stay with him until she has to return for filming, which will be late March unless she has some other work commitment before then.

Yeah I think so too. They obviously won't be able to see each other as much once Meghan is back filming, so it makes sense that they would want to spend as much time as possible together now.

Probably she is jobless until new shooting starts...

Wouldn't really call it jobless (as she still has one), probably taking a well earned break from quite a hard shooting schedule.

It seems to me that she quickly enters into living with someone...like she can kt stay alone for too long... maybe she needed some time to see why two significant relationships, marriage and Corey, didn't work...

I have no doubt that she will marry him, not sure it is good for her. She has already started to look and dress like Chelsy and Cress ( jeans, ancle boots, ) she can better...plus maybe rejected certain job offers to be available for him... she needs little bit time of her own...

It would be stupid of her to stay anywhere else but at Harry's place when she's in London, visiting him.

We have no clue how her relationship with her ex husband started, how it progressed and why it ended. They were together for many years, though.

I'm making a bet, that Meghan has been wearing jeans and ankle boots for years, and it has nothing to do with anyone else but Meghan. She seems to have a good sense of her own style and she likes to mix it up.

Why does everyone assume they will marry in England ? She might want to marry in America if it comes to marriage at all.

Why does everyone assume they will marry in England ? She might want to marry in America if it comes to marriage at all.

It's highly unlikely that a senior member of the British royal family would marry abroad. Even the Danish royal family hasn't gone that far yet.

What she wants won't matter at all if she plans on marrying a senior member of the BRF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom