Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any PR is good PR and her relationship with a Prince is far more interesting for the press than any storyline Suits will ever have. Not for nothing when the Oscar season comes around you will see actors opening up about their private lives and hustling their children in front of the camera. It's all part of the game.

That said, a PR agent will most likely tell interviewers not to ask questions about him and even if people dare or try, will shut it down.

Any PR is good PR and her relationship with a Prince is far more interesting for the press than any storyline Suits will ever have. Not for nothing when the Oscar season comes around you will see actors opening up about their private lives and hustling their children in front of the camera. It's all part of the game.

That said, a PR agent will most likely tell interviewers not to ask questions about him and even if people dare or try, will shut it down.

All PR is good PR is something only people who are very bad at PR say. It may not be bad PR for her, but it's bad for the show if the questions all go in the direction of Prince Harry stuff. If viewers can walk away from watching an interview or Q&A without being able to recall the name of the show for all the other talk, or not having been introduced to potentially interesting things about the plot or the characters, then it's basically not even PR at all for them.

Which is why I maintain that just dating Harry has already made Meghan's acting career more thorny from here on out. Anytime she comes up for a role, casting agents will have to balance her fit for the character against the idea that her love life will hijack their attempts to publicize the movie. It's a different calculation when the celebrity in question was quite well known as an actor before their personal life got crazy, but Meghan wasn't anywhere near that level of recognition pre-Harry. I hope she really does enjoy this charity work as much as she likes, because regardless of whether this relationship works out or not, it may become her primary livelihood for a while once Suits has run its course.

Suits is a well-established show that's about to go into its 7th season. I doubt there's much concern at all about this relationship overshadowing the show. It's already found its audience, who's going to watch, regardless.

Meghan is a mixed-race woman who will be in her late 30s by the time Suits is over (if she doesn't leave the show before then). I think those facts will have more of an affect on her career than her dating Harry. I don't think the latter will have nearly the impact some have suggested, be it positive or negative.

Last edited:
Suits is a well-established show that's about to go into its 7th season. I doubt there's much concern at all about this relationship overshadowing the show. It's already found its audience, who's going to watch, regardless.

Meghan is a mixed-race woman who will be in her late 30s by the time Suits is over (if she doesn't leave the show before then). I think those facts will have more of an affect on her career than her dating Harry. I don't think the latter will have nearly the impact some have suggested, be it positive or negative.

I agree with you. For the most part, people could care less who Prince Harry is and who he is dating. They tune in to watch Suits because they like the show and not because of the private lives of the cast. Other than us royal watchers who do follow Harry and his fan base and her fan base elsewhere, the general population could care less.

If Meghan was a British actress in a British show it might have an impact one way or another. Cressida Bonas has the DM publicising her latest film or theatre show simply because she is an ex girlfriend, even though she and Harry have been broken up for quite a while now,

However, the US is very different. I don't think US or even Canadian audiences would care at all, simply because, in the USA anyway, individual members of the BRF do not exactly loom large in people's lives. People in general watch what they want to watch, or not, regardless of the cast's private lives.

To prove your point, Curryong, I'm an American and I'm a royal watcher and everyone in this thread knows I'm kinda interesting in the BRF, their activities and how things work in regards to the BRF and Harry included. :D

I can and do get Suits on my satellite feed and I did watch a few episodes when it first started but it slipped by the wayside as I found other things to watch. Its just not a show that grabs my interest. If I didn't know from this thread that Meghan Markle was dating Harry, that woman in the bridal gown on the trailers would have passed right under my radar. I still don't plan on watching the show and prefer to watch this thread instead. ;)

There's going to be concern if Meghan's on Jimmy Kimmel to talk about the show, and all Jimmy wants to ask about is the Prince. The show wants Meghan to talk about the show (and Meghan isn't going to want to talk about the relationship), but Jimmy is probably going to want to know about the Prince because which do you think is going to get more viewers?

And before you try to shut me down on this, consider how many members on this forum have acknowledged that they haven't ever seen Suits and have no intention of watching the show, but really want more pictures of Harry and Meghan.

I actually kind of suspect the producers of the show find the relationship to be rather inconvenient. Now one of the stars of their show is in a position where she isn't using social media anymore and is going to have a hard time doing interviews. Any time she is in the news it's about her personal life, not her show. And if the relationship progresses then they're going to lose one of their female leads (who they've spent 7 seasons building as the romantic love interest of one of their male leads).

Meghan can simply request for her private life to be off limits during interviews in the future. She also can be very diplomatic about it too. She's a smart cookie!

There's going to be concern if Meghan's on Jimmy Kimmel to talk about the show, and all Jimmy wants to ask about is the Prince. The show wants Meghan to talk about the show (and Meghan isn't going to want to talk about the relationship), but Jimmy is probably going to want to know about the Prince because which do you think is going to get more viewers?

And before you try to shut me down on this, consider how many members on this forum have acknowledged that they haven't ever seen Suits and have no intention of watching the show, but really want more pictures of Harry and Meghan.

I actually kind of suspect the producers of the show find the relationship to be rather inconvenient. Now one of the stars of their show is in a position where she isn't using social media anymore and is going to have a hard time doing interviews. Any time she is in the news it's about her personal life, not her show. And if the relationship progresses then they're going to lose one of their female leads (who they've spent 7 seasons building as the romantic love interest of one of their male leads).

You seem to be creating scenarios where this would be an issue when in reality, there is no reason to think it's that much of an issue at all. She wouldn't be the first actress on the show who didn't use social media (although she in fact tweeted about the show being back the other day). And I still don't see how she would have a hard time doing interviews.

Suits has been on the air for 6 seasons now.The showrunner and producers know that actors come and go for different reasons. But there is no guarantee that the show will even get renewed beyond a 7th season, which Meghan is scheduled to film. This just seems like another "what if" scenario that doesn't even factor into the equation right now.

Last edited:
If Meghan was a British actress in a British show it might have an impact one way or another. Cressida Bonas has the DM publicising her latest film or theatre show simply because she is an ex girlfriend, even though she and Harry have been broken up for quite a while now,

However, the US is very different. I don't think US or even Canadian audiences would care at all, simply because, in the USA anyway, individual members of the BRF do not exactly loom large in people's lives. People in general watch what they want to watch, or not, regardless of the cast's private lives.

I am into this relationship only because she is American and biracial. I find it interesting, fresh, and different. I want to see what comes of it. If Meghan were British, I would not care at all!!

As far as "Suits" I am not interested in watching it or Meghan on the series. I don't even know if I have USA Network. I had never heard of Meghan or "Suits" before their relationship was announced on the news.

Once they are married or if they are I will be done.

I'm in agreement with you that Harry dating someone that is American and has had a measure of success of her own, has an interest in making this world a better place and seems to be pretty down to earth is pretty interesting. I've really not had much to say about his previous girlfriends because to be honest, I just didn't feel drawn to them at all for some reason.

What matters though is that the couple themselves are happy with each other and are able to pursue their relationship and figure out where they want to go from there. Whether they marry or not doesn't really matter to me as I'll continue to follow the British royals regardless but I do seem to think that Meghan would be a wonderful fit and an asset to the BRF is that is where all this is headed. :D

All PR is good PR is something only people who are very bad at PR say. It may not be bad PR for her, but it's bad for the show if the questions all go in the direction of Prince Harry stuff. If viewers can walk away from watching an interview or Q&A without being able to recall the name of the show for all the other talk, or not having been introduced to potentially interesting things about the plot or the characters, then it's basically not even PR at all for them.

Which is why I maintain that just dating Harry has already made Meghan's acting career more thorny from here on out. Anytime she comes up for a role, casting agents will have to balance her fit for the character against the idea that her love life will hijack their attempts to publicize the movie. It's a different calculation when the celebrity in question was quite well known as an actor before their personal life got crazy, but Meghan wasn't anywhere near that level of recognition pre-Harry. I hope she really does enjoy this charity work as much as she likes, because regardless of whether this relationship works out or not, it may become her primary livelihood for a while once Suits has run its course.
Suits has been running for years. Meghan has been on that show for years. Any die hard Suits fan will continue to watch regardless of whatever one the rather private leads is up to in her private life and anyone curious about her because of Harry will tune in from time to time. The people who don't like her will merely not watch it and leave comments on various websites. There is no such thing as bad PR in this case when it comes to Suits.

She has far less to learn and far less baggage than certain other married in princesses (MM, Sofia Hellqvist). There is nothing scandalous in her past. The prior marriage might have been an issue, but if the future Defender of the Faith/POW is allowed to marry a divorcee, how can they object to his son doing so? There may be more than a few 'Old Guard' racisists out there who might object to her being bi-racial. The operative word being 'old', so hopefully they wont be around for much longer.

There are a lot of things that Meghan would need to learn just because they're kind of peculiar to being a royal. Such as in a gathering, it is protocol for people not to speak to a HRH unless they are addressed first. So if Meghan married Harry, at a gathering she would need to know she needs to initiate conversation (which I'm sure she'd be excellent at).

I'm sure she'd never make the faux pas of drinking out of the finger bowl at a formal dinner. She would have been well advised beforehand what goes where and what is used for what. Little things like that.

If something official happens, Meghan will likely go through the same training Catherine went through before she walked down the aisle. That's if!

Welcomed into the fold by charlescand Kate ???? Since when is late the gate keeper? Like Meghan, she is a commoner who entered. Charles nd the queen would make more sense. But of course this is all about getting clicks. Kate Middleton will bring up more Google than the queen. Pair Meghan and Kate Middleton (sure to use her maiden name of course to increase hits more) are sure to cover all bases.

I also hate how they refer to it as a dress rehearsal. Makes it sound like something she is doing as she is dating Harry and is getting practice. :bang: you know not because she hasn't been doing long before she met Harry :whistling:

I truly hopes he picks someone else and not some American actress with such views and a family like hers. At least Diana, Sarah, Camilla, and Catherine came from good stock.

Maybe he doesn't have tons of women to pick from, tbh. Many from the 'good stock' would never date him seriously due to the limitations and demands his life and position puts on his wife. And he just might not have found anyone from the 'good stock' he likes enough to get serious with.

I truly hopes he picks someone else and not some American actress with such views and a family like hers. At least Diana, Sarah, Camilla, and Catherine came from good stock.

Watch it, you sound like Lady Catherine De Bourgh from Pride and Prejudice which isn't something one should aspire to.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

A definition of "good stock" might come in handy now.

From what I've seen so far, Meghan is an alright young lady. There's still a lot about her that's to be learned. If this relationship continue to flourish and becomes official down the line.

I remember people thought they had the then Kate Middleton all summed up. We're still getting a chance to know her all these years later. It takes time to get to know people.

Maybe he doesn't have tons of women to pick from, tbh. Many from the 'good stock' would never date him seriously due to the limitations and demands his life and position puts on his wife. And he just might not have found anyone from the 'good stock' he likes enough to get serious with.

I always find amusing how some people have this image of the royals living this extremely hard life of "limitations and demands", when, on the contrary, a royal life is in reality one of great privilege with very little need to do actually any kind of hard work in return for it.

I suppose much of that perception, at least in the US, came from the versions that Sarah, Duchess of York and Diana, Princess of Wales tried to tell of their own lives in the royal family after their own failed marriages.

Catherine, on the other hand, seems to be the opposite, i.e. she wanted badly to get into the RF (actually pursuing that goal for many years) and, now that she got in, she seems to be pretty happy about it.

I'm still trying to figure out where Meghan falls in that spectrum, although I don't care too much as I still think it's very unlikely she will ever marry Prince Harry.

Last edited:
A definition of "good stock" might come in handy now.

I suppose the OP meant "good stock" in the British class system sense of the word. Diana was the daughter of an earl from a very illustrious and old family. Camilla and Sarah, although not daughters of a peer, would normally qualify nonetheless as "gentry" ; Sarah, for example, had several ancestors who were viscounts and even a duke; Camilla, on the other hand, descends from barons and an earl.

Catherine,however, doesn't come from an old family with an aristocratic ancestry, but her parents at least are millionaires, which qualifies as "good stock" on these modern days, even if self-made millionaires like her parents (as opposed to inherited wealth) are still frowned upon by the old landed classes in the UK.

Last edited:
I always find amusing how some people have this image of the royals living this extremely hard life of "limitations and demands", when, on the contrary, a royal life is in reality one of great privilege with very little need to do actually any kind of hard work in return for it.

That's the thing, though.
Many people actually do like to work, especially if they've worked to build up a career. It would be tough for some people to say goodbye to their career. Also the scrutiny they have to endure would be a huge turn off, too. The poster I replied to mentioned 'good stock' from which Harry should pick a woman of his choice. Many times these women already live that privileged life, and a life with a royal would only bring limitations and demands. Many women would already find the 24/7 security a huge negative.

I suppose the OP meant "good stock" in the British class system sense of the word. Diana was the daughter of an earl from a very illustrious and old family. Camilla and Sarah, although not daughters of a peer, would normally qualify nonetheless as "gentry" ; Sarah, for example, had several ancestors who were viscounts and even a duke; Camilla, on the other hand, descends from barons and an earl.

Catherine,however, doesn't come from an old family with an aristocratic ancestry, but her parents at least are millionaires, which qualifies as "good stock" on these modern days, even if self-made millionaires like her parents (as opposed to inherited wealth) are still frowned upon by the old landed classes in the UK.

I don't think this is the case. They are frowned by snobbish newspapers and snobbish people who prefer the old landed classes.

The old landed classes themselves generally rather like people with brains and money and would like them in their family.

When Olive Middleton died in 1936 she left a personal estate of £52,031 - worth around £2 million today.

So although the Middletons are self-made, Mike has a bit of 'old money' in his veins.

Harry is supposedly around good stock......but why does he have such a hard time finding one of those "good stock girls" he has family and friends who could easily put him in touch with "good stock".

Now to be absolutely honest here, I think the only time Harry would even begin to think of "good stock" is when perhaps he and Meghan are making a pot of homemade soup.

When I hear the words "good stock", what first comes to mind for me is horses and breeding and stud farms and from what I know, Harry does not share the interest in horse breeding with his grandmother at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom