Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the modern time where publications sell very little and make money on line, it's all about hits. The more people who click the more money they make from advertisers. So they make up sensationalized stories. Or even such sensationalized titles, which are more interesting then the actual story. It is also why they use things like Kate Middleton in their title. They use things that will come up in a Google search more often.

Last edited:
We need a cash cow emoji to post after we link these kind of articles. :whistling:

I would think that its a given fact that the Windsor family has far more closet space in the various homes and palaces than anyone in Meghan's family in which to hide their skeletons.

I think the point has been very well made so far that neither partner in the relationship have to account for whatever bones are rattling around the closets looking for something to wear. No need for the smelling salts..... yet.

Each person has an opinion. I continue with mine, I find very difficult Harry to marry Meghan, her family has no class, can speak whatever he likes about Carole, Kate's mother, but she has a lot of class. I can not even imagine Meghan's coarse family next to the royal family.BRF may not have intruded before, but there's always a first time and by Harry's serious face lately, I think this is already happening

Not to say I agree with you Angel.10, but he does have a serious sour face in a lot of event pics lately.

That side of Meghan's family has themselves said, that Meghan hasn't been in contact with them in years. She doesn't interact with them at all, why would the royal family interact with them?

There can be no criticism for Meghan's mother or father, they've not said or done a thing.

Each person has an opinion. I continue with mine, I find very difficult Harry to marry Meghan, her family has no class, can speak whatever he likes about Carole, Kate's mother, but she has a lot of class. I can not even imagine Meghan's coarse family next to the royal family.BRF may not have intruded before, but there's always a first time and by Harry's serious face lately, I think this is already happening

I seriously doubt that should a union occur between Harry and Meghan that her extended family (half-siblings that she has little to no contact with) would be anywhere near the royal family. Her father and mother maybe on occasion but the others are really quite doubtful.

I think the BRF has enough wisdom to know that Harry would be marrying Meghan and that would be what matters. Her family would have absolutely no part in the decision for a marriage to go ahead. As has been pointed out, the Windsors have as many (if not more) cuckoos on their family tree as does Meghan's family or anyone else's family for that matter.

My opinion is that Meghan would be welcomed with open arms into the BRF.

Last edited:
Last time we saw Harry, he was lifting a veteran's beard while presenting a medal. Serious face? Hardly! :lol: In general, I think it's bad idea to jump to conclusions based on facial expressions.

Only one side of Meghan's family has been making headlines and I don't think it's a coincidence that it's the same family members whom she's seemingly been estranged from for years. At this point, there's no reason to think they would be interacting with Meghan or the royal family.

I seriously doubt that should a union occur between Harry and Meghan that her extended family (half-siblings that she has little to no contact with) would be anywhere near the royal family. Her father and mother maybe on occasion but the others are really quite doubtful.

I think the BRF has enough wisdom to know that Harry would be Meghan and that would be what matters. Her family would have absolutely no part in the decision for a marriage to go ahead. As has been pointed out, the Windsors have as many (if not more) cuckoos on their family tree as does Meghan's family or anyone else's family for that matter.

My opinion is that Meghan would be welcomed with open arms into the BRF.

Exactly! But apparently that makes too much sense for some people and they'd rather focus on pure speculation and middle school gossip.

Perhaps now that all their dirty laundry has been aired the estranged half siblings will keep their mouths shut! Their reputations are ruined and I suspect they don't get paid alot for their stupidity. Hopefully they see that in their greed to use Meghan for quick cash they unfortunately have become an object of ridicule and scorn.

Isn't it great when it is Kate, people focus on her classy parents. They over look family like Gary. But with Meghan, her family isn't cut out to be near the queen, based on extended family she has no contact with for years. Her own parents have refused to make any public statement and have done nothing to earn negative comments directed their way.

Last edited:

it is true that meghan's family has been quite outspoken about meghan's new relationship in ways that the middletons weren't. nothing they have said has been terrible though, but i think the BRF appreciates discretion and that's why kate was so welcomed - because neither her nor her family made a faux pas in that respect, so i also find it difficult for H&M's relationship to go forward. even if meghan doesn't have relationship with this side of the family, it is hardly an ideal situation if they will comment on her life or harry's.

Folks, just because Meghan's estranged family members have said a few things to the media, it will not create a negative effect on Harry and Meghan's relationship and the reception of her to his family.

I don't know that her family matters from Harry's perspective because I think we all know that when you love someone that stuff hardly matters--at least for a time.

However, I do not believe the perception of her family to be inconsequential. Whilst I agree that it is absolutely no fault of Meghan's and is something out of her control, it would be naive to believe that the BRF would want those stories associated with them in any way.

Idk that they would ever tell Harry not to marry her because I think they've seen the importance of having a loving relationship as opposed to one that 'fits the mold.' Though I do think that it would be a sticking point in the media as well as public perception which are both aspects that must be considered if you are part of a royal family.

I'm interested to see how things go because there is so much about this relationship that is different. I would like to see it progress just to see whether it has negative or positive effects toward the concept of monarchy.

Gosh... a lot has been said for a couple that is few months into a relationship.

What I find irritating is that somehow the media and royal watchers always look for royal girlfriends and her family to be perfect, all so they impress an imperfect royal family.

I don't know that her family matters from Harry's perspective because I think we all know that when you love someone that stuff hardly matters--at least for a time.

However, I do not believe the perception of her family to be inconsequential. Whilst I agree that it is absolutely no fault of Meghan's and is something out of her control, it would be naive to believe that the BRF would want those stories associated with them in any way.

Idk that they would ever tell Harry not to marry her because I think they've seen the importance of having a loving relationship as opposed to one that 'fits the mold.' Though I do think that it would be a sticking point in the media as well as public perception which are both aspects that must be considered if you are part of a royal family.

I'm interested to see how things go because there is so much about this relationship that is different. I would like to see it progress just to see whether it has negative or positive effects toward the concept of monarchy.

I don't think anyone is saying the BRF is happy about the stories. But will it cause QE to intervene and tell Harry to end the relationship or that he can't marry her? I don't think so. After approving of Charles and Camilla, I think it would take a lot more than a few unsavory family members for her to object to Harry and Meghan.

Thing is they're not doing to to be cruel but to make money. People actually pay to read this drivel. They know the meaner they get, the more money goes in their pockets.

"There will be three in the marriage, Harry, Meghan and Instagram" :lol:

I'm sorry but thats funny
I honestly couldn't find even a little bit of humor in that article. I feel for Meghan's parents, especially - they don't deserve any of this.

i saw the headline and didn't bother to read it. Seems like a rehash of a bunch of stuff they've written before. No shocker since Meghan and Harry aren't giving them anything to write about.

I don't think anyone is saying the BRF is happy about the stories. But will it cause QE to intervene and tell Harry to end the relationship or that he can't marry her? I don't think so. After approving of Charles and Camilla, I think it would take a lot more than a few unsavory family members for her to object to Harry and Meghan.

I know. That's what I said. But that won't stop the media from writing stories or people from talking. That is why it does indeed matter. There is a double standard, yet the irony is often missed. While the Windsors are not really any better or more important than any other human being on this earth, they are treated as such. It is said that they should be thought of as normal, but they aren't. Not because of anything they have done, but because of the affirmation they receive from the public, which includes this very forum.

Her background matters to the public. Enough for Harry to care? Obviously not and good for him. But that doesn't stop the double standard from existing. The family cares because perception matters. Perception is the only reason why they exist.

Meghan looks like a pretty normal girl from the sound of things. Her family has some interesting characters as all of our families do. And that's not a bad thing. It just is what it is. I can, however, understand why someone who believes in the monarchy would find her presence to be problematic. It erodes the illusion.

Personally, I don't care because I don't believe in the illusion myself. I don't believe that Meghan has to be perfect or anything close to it because Harry isn't either. He seems so very ordinary. The only thing that makes him special is the fact that he is a prince. That's not his fault, of course, but it's the truth. No one would pay him any mind if he weren't one.

So while I don't buy into making stories about her family a big deal, I still play the Devils advocate and try to think of how a traditional monarchist would think. And from that perspective, I think they do matter. People have expectations of Harry's wife, girlfriend, or whatever else because rightly, or wrongly, they have expectations of him.

Last edited:
I know. That's what I said. But that won't stop the media from writing stories or people from talking. That is why it does indeed matter. There is a double standard, yet the irony is often missed. While the Windsors are not really any better or more important than any other human being on this earth, they are treated as such. It is said that they should be thought of as normal, but they aren't. Not because of anything they have done, but because of the affirmation they receive from the public, which includes this very forum.

Her background matters to the public. Enough for Harry to care? Obviously not and good for him. But that doesn't stop the double standard from existing. The family cares because perception matters. Perception is the only reason why they exist.

Meghan looks like a pretty normal girl from the sound of things. Her family has some interesting characters as all of our families do. And that's not a bad thing. It just is what it is. I can, however, understand why someone who believes in the monarchy would find her presence to be problematic. It erodes the illusion.

Personally, I don't care because I don't believe in the illusion myself. I don't believe that Meghan has to be perfect or anything close to it because Harry isn't either. He seems so very ordinary. The only thing that makes him special is the fact that he is a prince. That's not his fault, of course, but it's the truth. No one would pay him any mind if he weren't one.

So while I don't buy into making stories about her family a big deal, I still play the Devils advocate and try to think of how a traditional monarchist would think. And from that perspective, I think they do matter. People have expectations of Harry's wife, girlfriend, or whatever else because rightly, or wrongly, they have expectations of him.

Again though, is anyone arguing that the RF has zero worry or concern over these stories about her family? I am sure there is at least some annoyance with how they have presented themselves in the media. The big question is whether or not the Queen/RF is so bothered that they have or will intervene as some have suggested? I just don't see it, especially since the drama between Diana, Charles and Camilla already did a lot to erode the illusion yet Charles still married Camilla. Ultimately, I think the RF cares a lot more about Harry's happiness than they do about these stories.

A little earlier on in this thread when Meghan's half-siblings' doings came up several posters came up with the unedifying past exploits of several members of the royal family and their associates. If you look back on the thread, History Girl, you will find that discussion.

I regard myself as a traditional monarchist, older, someone who's followed and admired the British Royal family all my life. However, in a long life I have noted that public perceptions about the Royal family and what is suitable behaviour for them and what is not have changed one heck of a lot in the last thirty years, and what's more, from my childhood days the landscape has completely altered.

I don't pay that much attention to the DM. Their journalists invariably play good cop, bad cop with members of the BRF in their efforts to get clicks. Also, they were annoyed by attacks on their so-called integrity and those of other tabloids in Harry's KP statement. If Meghan and Harry become engaged however I don't expect full-on stories like that above to continue, though there will undoubtedly still be acid snark put in the middle of stories for a while.

Is this article favourable PR for Meghan as the girlfriend of a senior member of the British Royal family? No it isn't, of course it isn't. However, a family like the BRF that has survived stories in the tabs about Andrew and his friend Epstein and their proclivities, uncle Gary's exploits, Harry getting naked at Las Vegas, and Margaret romping it up on Mustique with a toy boy, (a few instances there) would survive stories about Meghan's half siblings as well, should she join them.

I'll point out again, Meghan has never spoken about this romance. Nor have her parents. Nor has her mother's side of the family. Half-siblings on her father's side that Meghan hasn't spoken to in decades have, but the vast majority of what they've had to say has been favourable to her, something the DM in the negative article above failed to point out.

If Meghan and Harry wed these people aren't going to be guests at any Royal wedding. She hasn't spoken to most of them in decades, all her adult life in some instances. The DM will move on to something else after any wedding, as these family members fade into the background and Meghan's demeanour and behaviour as a Royal comes to the fore.

Last edited:
But that's all under the guise of the double standard I mentioned above. The people you mentioned are members of the RF. Kate grew up in the traditional style of an upper class English girl. Yet the snobbery exists regardless. Meghan is even farther removed. People do care, otherwise newspapers would not be writing about it. Now that doesn't mean that everyone on here does or should. But these stories aren't going to stop.

I agree standards have changed. And that's exactly what interests me. My guess is they will continue changing to accomodate the desire of the younger royals to feel "normal." But their entire existence hinges on being anything but normal. So how will that reconcile. The personal relationship doesn't interest me because I don't see anything particularly intriguing about either person involved, but the reactions to them may have very real consequences in the future. And it's not just this one thing, it's how the RF will continue to change with George and Charlotte and Harry's children. With each change the erosion continues and I find it fantastic. But I'm not so sure that everyone does and all i was saying was that I would understand why even though I dont find much objectionable to Meghan as a person myself.

The fact that DM hasn't been able to dig any dirt on Meghan, her mother or father (bad money management is not dirt, her mother's bankruptcy is from 15 years ago) speaks volumes. None of Meghan's friends are talking, not her exes, college friends, etc. DM feels entitled to scoop, and isn't getting any, so they write smearing articles. I bet they're pissed to have to pay the photographers camped outside her house in Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom