Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
These two bears have gone into hibernation and the media is standing around outside the cave throwing rocks and poking the bears with sticks trying to wake them up and do something they can see. What they don't realize is that the bears are sound sleepers and won't bite back until they're good and ready to.

While the media and curious onlookers feel they need to know just about everything happening in this couple's life, the couple themselves know their relationship is only pertinent to themselves and will keep it this way. It does set a precedence too for the future if they decide to make the relationship permanent. Once Pandora's box is opened, its impossible to close it again. After the media frenzy that both William and Harry have had to endure with their parents, I don't blame them one bit for being determined to keep their private lives sequestered behind a strong impenetrable fortress. They accept that their public lives are lived in a virtual glass fishbowl but their private lives are their own. Its how it should be.

Following this couple will get crazy and tiring. I think the silence and lack of photos are killing people.

Following this couple will get crazy and tiring. I think the silence and lack of photos are killing people.

That's exactly what I find so amusing and I wouldn't be surprised if Harry and Meghan themselves are having a blast with eluding the "all seeing" eyes. :D

That's exactly what I find so amusing and I wouldn't be surprised if Harry and Meghan themselves are having a blast with eluding the "all seeing" eyes. :D

Oh, they have some laughs. Can't be all that pleasing either though.

I hope that Meghan Markle will join Chelsey Davy and Cressida Bonas on the pile of ex-friends. The popularization and celebritization of the monarchy has gone a step too far. It would be nice when the prince just dates a nice lady from the aristocracy or gentry, who works as a volunteer for St John's Ambulances, or reads English Literature in Oxford or runs a forestry business in Scotland. Why have it always to be those bonbonellas, dedicated to frequenting posh nightlife venues?

I thought that the example of Lady Serena Stanhope, now the Countess of Snowdon, was a pretty nice one.

I'm not sure what example (about Serena Stanhope) you are referring to, but I do recall that she too was involved in a scandal right before her wedding.

Someone with a better memory may remember details; I think it was something to do with an ex giving a salacious (for the time) interview to the press.

So- look hard enough and there's a skeleton in the closet for everyone!

I'm not sure what example (about Serena Stanhope) you are referring to, but I do recall that she too was involved in a scandal right before her wedding.

Someone with a better memory may remember details; I think it was something to do with an ex giving a salacious (for the time) interview to the press.

So- look hard enough and there's a skeleton in the closet for everyone!

Yes, I can't find a copy, but plenty of reports that her ex Alexander Slack sold a selacious interview to the tabloids about their sex life.

The reality is when you marry someone famous, your past is going to be dredged up. Unless Harry marries a nineteen year old virgin like his father, any bride us going to come with a past. You can't expect a woman in her thirties not to have had relationships. I'd be more worried she had never had a committed relationship.

So far the difference, the stories about her are all good. Divorce isn't some horrible sin. The only negative story is about a half brother she didn't grow up with and has no relationship with now. Nor do her close family, or even ex,mall abut her.

Somebody had to talk about Meghan meets Kate and Charlotte. Emily Andrews even knew that Meghan bought Kate a dream journal or the story is completely made up.

Remember Catherine's 'friend' Jessica Hayes? The one who hasn't spoken to Catherine in years yet was always telling the press intimate made up details about Catherine?
Could be one of those story plants the Wales boys allegedly use to find out if a supposed friend will talk to the press, if so, Meghan knows whomever she told the Dream journal tidbit too can't be trusted going forward.
Kensington palace is a secure place, but there are many who live there & like any neighborhood gossip is bound to circulate, maybe some one's servant, maybe a fellow resident or an RPO talking to mates at the bar overheard by a reporter, maybe fellow Kensington Palace resident Princess Michael rang up her favorite reporter, maybe a 'grey man' doesn't like Meghan and leaked.
The story may or may not be true (lovely to think that it is - toddlers are so cute.)
If true, hard to know who leaked the info. & whether they leaked intentionally or inadvertently.

Hasn't Emily Andrews mentioned that her source is someone close to Harry? Reading her stories, this source always speaks from Harry's point of view. How happy he is, how serious he is about the relationship, etc. Yet some still think Meghan is talking? And you wonder why others believe the criticism of her is unfair?

It's true that the media is looking for any story or scandal with Harry and Meghan and since they haven't found anything scandalous on Meghan, they are focusing more on her family. The problem for them is that I don't think most people care about her estranged family's antics. It's probably a bit embarrassing for Meghan to have to see or read but it's no knock against her or the viability of her relationship with Harry.

There's not much Meghan can do about her estranged family. In tge daily mail article they said, that they haven't been in contact with Meghan in a few years.

There's no proof for any of these articles, but to me it seems like they're taking a full advantage of Meghan's time off filming, and spending a lot of time together.

Video - I don't think they met each other

Studio 10 @Studio10au
Royal correspondent @neilsean1 says there is "no proof" that #MeghanMarkle & #KateMiddleton have met. #Studio10

https://twitter.com/Studio10au/status/820770561135558657

I'm sorry but this video is both hilarious and incredibly insulting. Did he really just flat out say that Meghan went looking to bag a prince? Yeah, that isn't sexist at all. :ermm: After that, I'm suppose to see him as a credible royal expert? :ROFLMAO:

The way some refuse to believe this story, you would think the tabs were claiming that Meghan was invited to a highly secretive royal event with the Queen. Geez....

Last edited:
Video - I don't think they met each other

Studio 10 @Studio10au
Royal correspondent @neilsean1 says there is "no proof" that #MeghanMarkle & #KateMiddleton have met. #Studio10

https://twitter.com/Studio10au/status/820770561135558657

We don't have any proof that William and Harry ever speaks to each other other than their engagement as I don't believe their private secretaries record their private conversations in official documents. The Queen might record every meeting she takes personally or officially, but I highly doubt the younger royals record such for their private meeting.

And really, as a woman, I found it extremely insulting that just because you are ambitious, that means you meant to bag a prince. A lot of us are ambitious, but not by who we date rather by our own merits.

Last edited:
I love how they claim Harry has to make an appointment to see his brother :bang: because that is so believable :whistling:

Yes I am sure that he calls his brother up and doesn't pop in uninvited. But to believe he has his secratary call up his brothers secratary and book an appointment :ermm:

If she hasn't met William and Kate I think it a simple matter of logistics. William isn't the future king to Harry, he is his big brother. It is natural you would introduce your girlfriend to your brother. Dad and grandparents, whether you are commoner or Prince, may wait till more serious.

As for her being out to bag a prince, the same we got about Kate. At least with Kate we had stories like the gap year, university and posters which they tried to dredge up as proof. Meghan has a career, humanitarian work and has had no shortage of well known partners. She doesn't need to bag a prince. It is ridiculous to presume any woman today needs a man to elevate her. Or that her ambitions are only to marry high.

Last edited:
I love how they claim Harry has to make an appointment to see his brother :bang: because that is do believable :whistling:

Yes I am sure that he calls bus brother up and doesn't pop in uninvited. But to believe he has his secratary call up his brothers secratary and book an appointment :ermm:

If she hasn't met William and Kate I think it a simple matter of logistics. William isn't the future king to Harry, he is his big brother. It is natural you would introduce your girlfriend to your brother. Dad and grandparents, whether you are commoner or Prince, may wait till more serious.

As for her being out yo bag a prince, the same we got about Kate. At least with Kate we had stories like the gap year, university and posters which they tried to dredge up as proof. Meghan has a career, humanitarian work and has had no shortage of well known partners. She doesn't need to bag a prince. It is ridiculous to presume any woman today needs a man to elevate her. Or that her ambitions are only to marry high.
Plus, we had that video of a interviewer asking her Prince William or Prince Harry months before they met, and she looked like she could careless about royalty. I certainly wouldn't even call her reaction fan girl like.

Two things I'd like to say

1. It isnt right in any way to compare and contrast one royal against another.

How they have been treated by the press, the stories and how they are written is about what the editor wants, what is happening at the time and sales pressures. It has very little to do with the people they are writing about. They Will write stuff that brings in money and clicks.

So dont get into my royal is better than your royal stuff because they are all doing different work and have different priorities. BRitish press have done this for years - make out one is better than another. Dont fall for it.

Which lead to....

2. Please do not believe everything that is written in the UK press, especially Daily Mail and Mail online. Nice pictures, rubbish with the words.
Fact is THEY MAKE UP STORIES.

Just saying.

Didn't we have stories about how the Queen, Queen Mother had to call each other secretaries before they could put over? Haven't we have these secretaries call before one could see each other about numerous British royals?

So we are using Gap year, something that she sign up for before it was known William was going as proof that she was chasing William? University when she went there with a Boyfriend and had that boyfriend for a year as proof that she was chasing William? A poster story from a so call allege friend that has been lying to the press for decade now as proof for something Catherine denied? :rolleyes:

Good for Meghan for doing charity but taking professional PR photographers to photograph her and make her the focus on the charity trip for magazine and her blogs does not make her mother Theresa

Remember Catherine's 'friend' Jessica Hayes? The one who hasn't spoken to Catherine in years yet was always telling the press intimate made up details about Catherine?
Could be one of those story plants the Wales boys allegedly use to find out if a supposed friend will talk to the press, if so, Meghan knows whomever she told the Dream journal tidbit too can't be trusted going forward.
Kensington palace is a secure place, but there are many who live there & like any neighborhood gossip is bound to circulate, maybe some one's servant, maybe a fellow resident or an RPO talking to mates at the bar overheard by a reporter, maybe fellow Kensington Palace resident Princess Michael rang up her favorite reporter, maybe a 'grey man' doesn't like Meghan and leaked.
The story may or may not be true (lovely to think that it is - toddlers are so cute.)
If true, hard to know who leaked the info. & whether they leaked intentionally or inadvertently.

People are still using Jessica Hays stories as proof that Catherine is somekind of powerful witch that seduce William with her special powers.

Last edited by a moderator:
So we are using Gap year, something that she sign up for before it was known William was going as proof that she was chasing William? University when she went there with a Boyfriend and had that boyfriend for a year as proof that she was chasing William? A poster story from a so call allege friend that has been lying to the press for decade now as proof for something Catherine denied? :rolleyes:

Good for Meghan for doing charity but taking professional PR photographers to photographers her and make her the focus on the charity trip for magazine and her blogs does not make her mother Theresa

No one is attacking Kate. Simply pointing out the same tactics were used when she and William were dating.

No one is saying Meghan is mother Theresa, though it is great to see a royal girlfriend active in charity Before marriage. But it isn't like she hired photographers to follow her. You do realize charities make money by publicity, by people knowing they exist?

If you were Canadian you would know that world vision thrives on that. They have a weekly television show which acts as a telethon. They get what celebrities they can to appear, to raise public awareness. Alex Trebek has been their lead spokesman for probably thirty years. They send camera crews to Africa and other countries to video the work they are doing, to get people to sponsor. This isn't some PR move from Meghan, it is a long acting process of the charity. World vision has a child sponsor program, where you sponsor a child and their family. I grew up watching the show Saturday mornings, and when i was old enough,I started sponsoring. I have for over fifteen years now.

Same goes for the UN. As we can see from royals involved in their events, they are often given tons of media press. So of course there are videos, and pictures in that position.

Last edited:
Didn't we have stories about how the Queen, Queen Mother had to call each other secretaries before they could put over? Haven't we have these secretaries call before one could see each other about numerous British royals?

I do remember reading that each had their "people" that would call the other's "people" to get each other on the line. I don't think that really would pertain to today's world all that much because of the simplicity of using smart phones that go with the person everywhere.

Reminds me of the first time the Queen got a cell phone. William and Harry offered to set up an answering message for her stating something like "Hi! This is Liz. I'm away from my throne right now so for Philip hit #1. For my secretary hit #2 and for the corgis press #3". The Queen was amused and so was her private secretary the first time he dialed the Queen. :D

But I digress. With the ease of instant communication from anywhere I would imagine they can pretty much talk or text to each other whenever they want.

Don't you think it's more like Harry says to his someone - does anyone know where my brother will be in Tuesday? Can we find out?

I've worked for and with people who had no idea where they would be at any certain time on Tuesday. In fact, they would turn to their person and say, "Can we fit this in?"
Because frankly, everyone's person has a clearer grasp on the details than the person usually does. Once you get to the point where you have a person... :lol:

My only problem usually is knowing when Tuesday is. :ROFLMAO:

I think it'd be far easier for Harry to just call and if the phone is turned off, text a message for William to get in touch. We do know Harry is fond of texting. I doubt he sends bananas to William though.

Then again, perhaps all this is part of the royal mystique and we'll never ever penetrate that veil.

I can't see any of the younger royals using secretaries to arrange appointments to see each other. It's more likely to be a quick phone call or text/email asking "Are you free Friday? Can I come over for lunch?" or "There's this party we're holding on Saturday night...want to come?"

The reason to check with secretaries is that their job is to organise the diary and arrange meetings, royal engagements etc.

Work in progress always needs to be checked on.

Thats why managers, directors, CEOs and royals have secretaries. It isn't being stuffy or pretentious - its being practical.

I totally believe that they use private secretaries to facilitate face to face meetings.

What I found ridiculous about his claim was the implication that everything they used private secretaries to arrange would somehow become public record.

If you want to meet somebody from the Royal Family, even members of your own family.. can you believe this, and this is 100% true, you have to go through your own private secretaries. So you may say "I'd like to visit you at 11 o'clock" and that would be recorded. So there's no record of this."

No, there's no record of this that you've seen, sir. The Court Circular is the only public record, and it's a fraction of their day to day lives. While I've never seen a "Prince Harry visited the Duke of Cambridge" recorded in the Court Circular, they've both spoken of Harry popping round for meals and Mrs. Obama spoke of seeing Harry with his nephew.

His logic is, at best, unsound. At worst, it's deliberately deceitful, since I can't imagine he doesn't know better.

All this is to say that I don't know whether the meeting Emily Andrews described happened (I've had questions about her reporting in the past) but I know that this man's explanation for dismissing it is ridiculous.

The reason to check with secretaries is that their job is to organise the diary and arrange meetings, royal engagements etc.

Work in progress always needs to be checked on.

Thats why managers, directors, CEOs and royals have secretaries. It isn't being stuffy or pretentious - its being practical.

I am sorry but comparing William and harrybto a CEO or anyone with a full time job is a laugh. Yes, they have secretaries to organize their work life. But I am sure if Harry texted his brother and said are you free for dinner tomorrow night, William probably knows his own schedule for at least a week were not talking a man who has dozens of appointments and meetings a week and needs to look up his calendar or check with his secratary.

It's just the same game that was played with Harry's sister-in-law is being played with Meghan.

I've tried to warn everybody on the forums that this will come up and accusations will rise. We've been through years of this before with the Cambridge's during their courtship years. It pretty much lasted up until the day of the engagement announcement. It was an exciting and surprising day, but it was also a load lifted off the shoulders. Trying to maintain some sanity through these courtships isn't easy.

To me it seems that this kind of competition it's coming more from certain poster rather than the press...:whistling:

And yes, Meghan is getting the same treatment Kate got during her (long) courtship to William. But the point I was trying to make is why there is the need to compare these two women. To give one points rahter than the other, and then blaming the press for this, when, in fact, are the members here who draw comparisons.

To me it seems that this kind of competition it's coming more from certain poster rather than the press...:whistling:

And yes, Meghan is getting the same treatment Kate got during her (long) courtship to William. But the point I was trying to make is why there is the need to compare these two women. To give one points rahter than the other, and then blaming the press for this, when, in fact, are the members here who draw comparisons.

You can't compare their personalities, but you compare their treatment from the press and the folks online.

You can't compare their personalities, but you compare their treatment from the press and the folks online.

Personally, I think that both Meghan and her family is under the same scrutiny, as all royal girlfriends have been. So for me the matter is settled, but for other is not, apparently. That's what I wanted to say.:flowers:

Go back five or six years ago and we had bad Uncle Gary throwing cocaine/or whatever sustance and stripper parties at that dubiously named property of his ..... it didn't alter the course of William and Kate's relationship and I doubt anything in Meghan's family closet will change hers and Harry's. Any more than any thing in his will. :whistling:

Last edited by a moderator:
What was it nicknamed, Casa Bang Bang, I think? Yes, Uncle Gary didn't mind speaking to the media at all, and was/is a very colourful character.

Go back five or six years ago and we had bad Uncle Gary throwing cocaine/or whatever sustance and stripper parties at that dubiously named property of his ..... it didn't alter the course of William and Kate's relationship and I doubt anything in Meghan's family closet will change hers and Harry's. Any more than any thing in his will. :whistling:

We are getting ahead of ourselves here, but tiara wise, totally up to Meghan of course.

I'm sure that Meghan would be consulted and have input but the decision would not be hers totally.

No matter who the royal girlfriend or boyfriend is, when the news that they're dating emerges, everything and anything attached to that person becomes "of interest". Even down to the color of the diapers they wore and how long before they were potty trained.

Royal romances do not tend to be conducted in the public eye and the media goes with whatever they find and every little scrap of information is treated like its major breaking news. Example being "Meghan goes to yoga." Do you realize how many millions of people go to yoga? Of course, everyone has a family and basically its the "black sheep" or "eccentric" member of the extended family that is most likely to create a sensation. Anything to fill newspapers and magazines and top the other publications for "scoops".

I would bet my very last tomato section that if the media and information technology had been the way it is now and the reporters had little respect for the people they write about as they do now back in 1946, we'd really would have gotten an eyeful and had been clutching our pearls and grabbing for the smelling salts with what they'd come up with about "Phil the Greek". We know now how *that* romance turned out. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom