Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wasn't sure who was allowed in the Royal Box thanks for clearing that up! I do hope they get to attend normal events together but I'm not sure how they would handle the press attention with bigger events like Wimbledon and Invictus which are public events and people will want a glimpse of Meghan since they aren't getting many pictures now.I hope you all are right! though!

I just wasn't sure who was allowed in the Royal Box thanks for clearing that up! I do hope they get to attend normal events together but I'm not sure how they would handle the press attention with bigger events like Wimbledon and Invictus which are public events and people will want a glimpse of Meghan since they aren't getting many pictures now.I hope you all are right! though!

After he marries (whoever it ends up being) they will have similar media following anytime they go out in public.

If the girl can't handle it while they are dating she'll never make it as his wife.

LaRae

If they go to Wimbledon, you are going to get an article just about their facial expressions like we see when William and Kate go.

I guess I don't understand why it'd be a problem for her to attend the Invictus Games? Just cause Harry's there and it's 'his thing' doesn't mean she can't get involved or just attend to watch.

LaRae

I know Invictus is an official event for Harry but I thought it was personal and not an official royal event? This is why I assumed we would see Meghan show up at some point. And it's still over 8 months away which means they will have been dating for over a year. So I would not be surprised if Meghan shows up at a few of the sporting competitions with Harry.

Harry gets official recognition in the CC for anything involving Invictus, making it an official royal event (that is spurred by a personal interest).

I could definitely see Meghan (or Harry's future wife) getting involved with Invictus post-wedding, but pre-wedding... it's not simply a sporting competitions; it's an actual engagement. Harry is there as a Royal patron of the event.

I guess I don't understand why it'd be a problem for her to attend the Invictus Games? Just cause Harry's there and it's 'his thing' doesn't mean she can't get involved or just attend to watch.

LaRae

Exactly. Especially considering she's friends with Sophie Tredeau and Jess Mulroney. I could easily see her go to one of the games with the girls.

Harry gets official recognition in the CC for anything involving Invictus, making it an official royal event (that is spurred by a personal interest).

I could definitely see Meghan (or Harry's future wife) getting involved with Invictus post-wedding, but pre-wedding... it's not simply a sporting competitions; it's an actual engagement. Harry is there as a Royal patron of the event.

As long as they don't go 'together' then I don't see how it is an issue. She's going as a private person, already involved in charitable causes.

LaRae

Exactly. Especially considering she's friends with Sophie Tredeau and Jess Mulroney. I could easily see her go to one of the games with the girls.

If she were to attend with Sophie Grégorie Trudeau or Jessica Mulroney or anyone other than Harry the focus would be all about her, likely coupled with rumours that she's there without him because they've broken up.

I don't think Harry (let alone the Queen and the Firm at large) want Invictus to be about his relationship.

Jamaica in March? Surely it would have to be a day trip! :lol: Shooting for the next season of Suits commences in February, doesn't it? Unless, of course, Meghan is engaged and residing in England by then! I think the DM is drawing a long bow with this one.

Does he? I'm aware that meetings are counted in the CC but I thought the event itself was still considered more personal than an official royal engagement. In any case, I think the informal setting of the sporting competitions would still allow for Meghan to make an appearance, even with Harry. We will see what happens but I wouldn't be surprised to see her there and IMO, it wouldn't be inappropriate.

Her character is a supporting one on Suits. She could fly down to Jamaica from Toronto on a Friday, go to the wedding on Saturday and fly back on a Sunday.

Jamaica in March? Surely it would have to be a day trip! :lol: Shooting for the next season of Suits commences in February, doesn't it? Unless, of course, Meghan is engaged and residing in England by then! I think the DM is drawing a long bow with this one.

Meghan and Harry headlines probably generate more clicks than anyone at this point. Just clickbait to get the trolls bashing her in the comments.

If she were to attend with Sophie Grégorie Trudeau or Jessica Mulroney or anyone other than Harry the focus would be all about her, likely coupled with rumours that she's there without him because they've broken up.

I don't think Harry (let alone the Queen and the Firm at large) want Invictus to be about his relationship.

She's a private individual going with friends while Harry's working. I highly doubt they would say they broke up if she attends. Now if she didn't attend, that'd be the story.

Suits doesn't start shooting until late March or early April.

Does he? I'm aware that meetings are counted in the CC but I thought the event itself was still considered more personal than an official royal engagement. In any case, I think the informal setting of the sporting competitions would still allow for Meghan to make an appearance, even with Harry. We will see what happens but I wouldn't be surprised to see her there and IMO, it wouldn't be inappropriate.

it is official. This is from the Court Circular.

Kensington Palace
9th May, 2016

Prince Henry of Wales, Patron, Invictus Games Foundation, this morning attended the Invictus Games at Walt Disney World, Orlando, Florida, United States of America.

His Royal Highness, Patron, Invictus Games Foundation, this afternoon attended a Reception at Walt Disney World

He doesn't just attend the Games - he carries out official functions as a Patron and member of the BRF.

There is nothing stopping her attending but not as his companion on the official elements of the Games.

Reactions: Ish

This is very unfortunate but I am not the least bit surprised.
When you look at the video of her previous visit to Africa, there is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY she could do that now with the level of interest that she now generates.

Reorganization is definitely needed. The key is to find a way to utilize the press attention for the benefit of the organization whilst keeping Meghan safe.

Yeah, I was expecting to hear that too. I'm sure she's super bummed since she's been working on it for so long :(

It's really unfortunate that her charity trip to India was cancelled. But it's understandable, too. The security risks are a no joke.

Suits doesn't start shooting until late March or early April.

For the past two seasons at least, Suits has filmed from April to November, with a break in the summer.

They had their wrap party for Season 6 on November 20. The season started with the first table read on April 2, so I'd anticipate a similar schedule.

For the past two seasons at least, Suits has filmed from April to November, with a break in the summer.

They had their wrap party for Season 6 on November 20. The season started with the first table read on April 2, so I'd anticipate a similar schedule.

That's correct. Also, Meghan mentioned Suits starts filming in March in the same article she talked about India before it was revealed she was dating Harry. So my assumption would be late March this year.

Ok cepe. I didn't mean to imply that Harry just attends. I'm aware that there are official duties involved. Still, it's much more informal and personal to Harry than most other events, so again, I would not be surprised if Meghan makes an appearance. We'll see.

I agree but not with him at the formal events. Representing HMQ, your country and your charity is a big deal.

He can see her as much as he wants but just not at the formal events - only if they were married. That's the protocol.

Reactions: Ish
She's a private individual going with friends while Harry's working. I highly doubt they would say they broke up if she attends. Now if she didn't attend, that'd be the story.

If she goes to Invictus with Harry, it'll be all about them. If she goes to Invictus without Harry it'll be all about why she isn't there with him.

If she isn't seen at Invictus there might be a story in the DM about it, but more likely it'll be "well of course she couldn't be there because she's just the girlfriend, but here's the not at all completely fabricated story about what they did after Invictus given to us from unnamed and of course not completely fictional sources."

Is she goes she should stay in the background. Their relationship is too high profile and media will talk about them rather than focus on the games. Unless they stop playing hide n seek with press and people get used to seeing them then it won't be a big deal. But she should definitely stay, not out of sight just a low profile. Not that Harry or Meghan cares but this would ease the fame hungry headlines and comments. I like Meghan and think she's getting a bad rap because she's dating Harry.

If she goes to Invictus with Harry, it'll be all about them. If she goes to Invictus without Harry it'll be all about why she isn't there with him.

If she isn't seen at Invictus there might be a story in the DM about it, but more likely it'll be "well of course she couldn't be there because she's just the girlfriend, but here's the not at all completely fabricated story about what they did after Invictus given to us from unnamed and of course not completely fictional sources."

If she's there watching the game whereas he's working. it'd be absolutely normal for her to hang with her friends. If she wasn't there and it's in Canada, that'd get more mention than the rugby match people thought she'd be going to in London, which later proved to be false alarm.

We're talking about an event that's 8 months away. Who's to say the level of interest will be the same, especially if they've made multiple public appearances by then?

I think it's safe to say though that Harry will be asked about her in every interview and there will be articles written about them, regardless. Just look at how most of the reporters still managed to fit Meghan into articles during Harry's Carribean tour. I think she even made the front page of one of the papers. The personal stuff is always more interesting to the tabs.

We're talking about an event that's 8 months away. Who's to say the level of interest will be the same, especially if they've made multiple public appearances by then?

I think it's safe to say though that Harry will be asked about her in every interview and there will be articles written about them, regardless. Just look at how most of the reporters still managed to fit Meghan into articles during Harry's Carribean tour. I think she even made the front page of one of the papers. The personal stuff is always more interesting to the tabs.

His team probably will say no questions about her. On the tour it never mandatory that they not ask about her, That PM was just a mess when he brought her up then later offered his Beauty queens to Harry. (I laughed when I saw it.) If I'm not mistaken that was the only time she was brought up to him. The press following him would put Meghan in the articles they wrote though.

They should be like Jay z and Beyonce, they never talked about each other when they dated, only after marriage.

His team probably will say no questions about her. On the tour it never mandatory that they not ask about her, That PM was just a mess when he brought her up then later offered his Beauty queens to Harry. (I laughed when I saw it.) If I'm not mistaken that was the only time she was brought up to him. The press following him would put Meghan in the articles they wrote though.

They should be like Jay z and Beyonce, they never talked about each other when they dated, only after marriage.

I don't think so. But again, we are talking about an event that's months away. I suspect the next 6-7 months will determine what will or won't happen come September.

His team is probably going to be saying that for every single event he has that has the press on sight like that from now on, or at least until an engagement happens.

Likewise, her team is probably going to be saying that she won't answer questions about the relationship, him, or his family when she does interviews.

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't she skip a press tour or some promotion because she didn't want to be asked about Harry?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom