Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone please explain what is known of Meghan's India project? I heard of it a few weeks back assuming it was a rumor...Is there any information about her trip? Sorry in advance,I know its not a topic that's usually discussed here.

I don't think anything is known about it really, other than what she mentioned on her Twitter the other week, viz that Meghan plans to go to India for two weeks in January to help set up a programme to assist girls. She said she had been working on the details for about six months.

Personally I'm more baffled at the need to tear down every person (mostly the ladies, though) whom the royals happen to date. Some people seem to think Harry is a naive teenager who needs their motherly control and 'advice' so he won't fall into the traps of evil golddigging women.

Woman is a disunited class, always competing and very envious of each other. Most women who are against dating or wanting to overthrow Meghan is jealous. That Rita Ora, for example, I had never heard of her, but her opinion is pure jealousy, she wanted to be in the place of Meghan.
I'm not American, but I'm cheering of this romance to work out. I liked Meghan's personality, I admire independent, determined women ,with content, I did not like Harry's ex-girlfriends, I thought they were futiles girls. They speak of the British royal family as if they were perfect. Long ago British royalty is not perfect, there have been so many scandals, I don't know why Meghan would be unfit

I don't think Rita Ora making a comment means she's jealous of Meghan.

I see a laughing Meghan and a smiling happy Harry (who apparently broke protocol and took a Canadian detour en route back to the UK following his Carribean suite of engagements), these two are having fun; until and if it becomes legal, only then can royal protocol (whatever that would entail) can get involved.

If I were those two I would keep it just so for as long as they can.

Well until they are thinking of extending that happy family of two!

I'm going to disagree... protocol does come into place at times before they get married.

Harry made a huge err when he visited Meghan in Toronto, breaking royal protocol. While his actions definitely make it look as though he's very infatuated with Meghan and very eager to take any opportunity to see her, the breach of protocol (one established by the BRF, not the media or anything) and the previous denial by KP that he would be visiting Meghan make him look irresponsible and a bit reckless. I actually found it to be immature behaviour on his part; perhaps not as bad as some of his previous behaviour, but certainly shows a streak in him that I think Harry's actually been fairly good at avoiding since the Vegas incident.

Im sure that whatever the reason he broke protocol, it must have been important for him to risk it. For what it's worth they are not together at this moment so that could explain why he would want to visit her after 3 weeks apart. I guess he could of flown back home, do the engagement and then fly back out again.

Because so many are against her for stupid reasons, the primaries being that she is half black and American to boot. Secondly, I am sick of reading that it's too soon etc. as if they had a say in what is soon enough. You may think it's too soon but chances are Harry would disagree and he would not care what you thought about this. He is going to what he wants and with his grandmother's blessing if she hasn't given it to him already.

I use "You" for generally speaking by the way...

Anyway, I also support this because I called this, I said that Harry would fall for an American woman and he has. So many doubted the possibility.

And finally, the prospect of seeing the first British/American Princess of color is exciting to me especially since so many are against her.

I think if you read the DM comments and take that as your basis that "so many people are against her for stupid reasons" you're forgetting that the DM comment threads tend to be full of anti-Royal trolls. Likewise with comments on articles that get posted on Facebook and the like.

I do think there are some very legitimate concerns about Harry's choice of a girlfriend, but more because of the fact that as an American she doesn't really know the culture that she could potentially be marrying into. It's not her race, her religion, her career, her previous relationships... it's the fact that she's grown up in a culture that encourages the freedom of speech and personal expression and being a member of the BRF means limiting what you say and do when in the public eye. I think it's fair to worry about how successful this relationship is going to be in the long run because of how drastically different her background is from what his reality is.

There is also the fact that this is a long distance relationship. I understand the eagerness for a royal marriage... but they've been together for less than a year (from most reports and the Piers Morgan interview it sounds like it's been tops 7 months), with them being on separate continents for most of that time. We've all seen the disastrous effect that divorce and poor relationships can have on the BRF, after the War of the Waleses, the end of the York marriage, the end of the Anne/Mark marriage... I don't think anyone wants Harry to rush into a marriage and repeat the mistake of his father, aunt, and uncle.

There is also the fact, fact, that if she marries into the BRF Meghan is very likely going to have to give up her career. Royals with jobs have a history of not working out in the BRF. Look at Edward's attempts. Look at Sophie's. Even the not-royal Zara and Mike Tindall, Peter Phillips, and the Middleton family get criticized if they're seen as using their royal connections too much within their careers. And Meghan's career involves her actively engaging with the press and doing talk shows to promote her work - which let's be honest, is going to cause problems, even without her getting married. Do you really think that if she does an interview Harry's not going to come up? Or whether or not she's met the Queen?

And, again, the issue of location is going to come up. As an American citizen working in Canada (where Suits is filmed), Meghan requires a work visa. As a member of the royal family, Meghan would also require an additional security detail provided by the RCMP and paid for by the Canadian taxpayer... which is not going to endear her, Harry, or the BRF to Canada.

I think it would be stupid of Harry and Meghan to rush into a marriage. And I think it would be completely illogical for them to do so while she's still under contract for Suits - I think any marriage has a lot more chance of long term success if they were to wait until after Meghan's obligations to Suits are over and they've had the opportunity to actually live on the same continent for longer than a week.

Great list. But she will only be able to make it to any of these if it fits with her proffesional schedual. Shooting movies/series don't get reschedualed just because she is dating a prince.

I don't think she actually has that many shooting obligations. Looking at her IMDb and Wikipedia pages, it looks like she only does at most one movie a year in addition to Suits, and when she does the movie it's typically a small role. It's being said that Suits is finished filming season 6 (which starts airing next month) and isn't set to start filming season 7 until March which gives her some free time. Even once it does start filming, Suits doesn't film like a network show where actors are stuck on set for 10 months of the year - it seems like they film half a season in the spring, air it in the summer then film half a season in the fall, and air it the following end of winter/spring.

It seems like she's got a break for personal projects right now - we know she's got a trip to India for a couple of weeks, but it seems likely she has time for a ski trip or a trip to London in the next few months. She'll likely be working in Toronto during Invictus, but she won't necessarily be on set 24/7 and it's possible Harry might try to work some personal time into that trip. She might not be able to make it to Eugenie's March birthday because of timing, but William and Beatrice both have summer birthdays.

Canada's also having it's 150th anniversary of Confederation in 2017, so it'd be interesting to see if Harry made a tour or is chosen to be the Royal representative at the July Canada Day celebrations, and if so if Meghan will make any appearances wherever he is.

And finally, the prospect of seeing the first British/American Princess of color is exciting to me especially since so many are against her.

you should edit that to say British Princess of Color, because there are already European Princesses of Color.

I think if you read the DM comments and take that as your basis that "so many people are against her for stupid reasons" you're forgetting that the DM comment threads tend to be full of anti-Royal trolls. Likewise with comments on articles that get posted on Facebook and the like.

I do think there are some very legitimate concerns about Harry's choice of a girlfriend, but more because of the fact that as an American she doesn't really know the culture that she could potentially be marrying into. It's not her race, her religion, her career, her previous relationships... it's the fact that she's grown up in a culture that encourages the freedom of speech and personal expression and being a member of the BRF means limiting what you say and do when in the public eye. I think it's fair to worry about how successful this relationship is going to be in the long run because of how drastically different her background is from what his reality is.

There is also the fact that this is a long distance relationship. I understand the eagerness for a royal marriage... but they've been together for less than a year (from most reports and the Piers Morgan interview it sounds like it's been tops 7 months), with them being on separate continents for most of that time. We've all seen the disastrous effect that divorce and poor relationships can have on the BRF, after the War of the Waleses, the end of the York marriage, the end of the Anne/Mark marriage... I don't think anyone wants Harry to rush into a marriage and repeat the mistake of his father, aunt, and uncle.

There is also the fact, fact, that if she marries into the BRF Meghan is very likely going to have to give up her career. Royals with jobs have a history of not working out in the BRF. Look at Edward's attempts. Look at Sophie's. Even the not-royal Zara and Mike Tindall, Peter Phillips, and the Middleton family get criticized if they're seen as using their royal connections too much within their careers. And Meghan's career involves her actively engaging with the press and doing talk shows to promote her work - which let's be honest, is going to cause problems, even without her getting married. Do you really think that if she does an interview Harry's not going to come up? Or whether or not she's met the Queen?

And, again, the issue of location is going to come up. As an American citizen working in Canada (where Suits is filmed), Meghan requires a work visa. As a member of the royal family, Meghan would also require an additional security detail provided by the RCMP and paid for by the Canadian taxpayer... which is not going to endear her, Harry, or the BRF to Canada.

I think it would be stupid of Harry and Meghan to rush into a marriage. And I think it would be completely illogical for them to do so while she's still under contract for Suits - I think any marriage has a lot more chance of long term success if they were to wait until after Meghan's obligations to Suits are over and they've had the opportunity to actually live on the same continent for longer than a week.

Thank you! I support Harry and Meghan and think things will work out for them. Now that you have explained this, I agree. However, we all need to realize that 1) Harry would not have done all that he has for if this relationship was not super serious, her bodyguard in Britain unless she talked him out of it which is not likely and his statement from KP,along with both traveling across the pond to see each other. 2) He did break protocol, but I bet odds the Queen let it go for the most part. Nothing will come of it. Harry is in love and she wants him to be happy. Harry is 32, he knew what he was doing and why and the rules but he still did it. Good for him, I say. 3) All the other stuff you mentioned, I agree and I'd bet odds that these have discussed it all.

I do think at some point she will eventually have a quit "Suits" when engaged or married. Maybe Harry will let her do a movie once in a while but only living in London. Who knows? And she definitely will if she gets pregnant.

you should edit that to say British Princess of Color, because there are already European Princesses of Color.

I agree. But I added that because she is American born, like British-Americans living in the US. Born and raised in Britain but later became American citizens. If she marries Harry, my understanding is that she'll remain a US citizen but also be given British citizenship?

That was my only thinking behind my post.

I actually did some searching earlier and if she was to marry Harry, she could have dual citizenship in the UK and in the US. Grace Kelly did the same when she married Ranier.

That's my understanding anyways. :D

Depends on the country they marry into I believe. Mary had to give up her citizenship, on the other hand maxima has dual. Philip has given up his Greek citizenship and titles but certainly the attitudes were different back then. Meghan won't be alone in the foreign department, though beyond Philip, closest to the throne. We have two Canadians (autumn and the countess of state Andrews) and one kiwi (Gary Lewis).

I do believe the us though is not a fan of dual citizenship. An American citizen who applies for foreign citizenship can have their American citizenship removed. It seems to be a question of dual loyalties. It isn't always the case, and perhaps with a British citizenship it wouldn't raise concern, but there is always that,

UK allows double citizenship, and usually USA does too, unless they act in a way that suggests, that they do not wish to have American citizenship.

I doubt she does not quit her acting career, she's not a Meryl Streep. She admitted that she has a hard time getting good roles because of her ethnicity, the acting career is fickle, only if she's an idiot (and I'm sure she's not), she'll give up on Harry because of her career. The fact that she's American, freedom of speech and blah blah blah, is not a problem, Grace Kelly was not American? She did not adapt? Distance is not a problem, either. We are not talking about ordinary people, we are talking about a prince and an actress, they can meet anywhere in the world at any time I honestly think the only thing that could ruin this relationship is his family does not accept her, But even this, I find it difficult to happen

Because so many are against her for stupid reasons, the primaries being that she is half black and American to boot. Secondly, I am sick of reading that it's too soon etc. as if they had a say in what is soon enough. You may think it's too soon but chances are Harry would disagree and he would not care what you thought about this. He is going to what he wants and with his grandmother's blessing if she hasn't given it to him already.

I use "You" for generally speaking by the way...

Anyway, I also support this because I called this, I said that Harry would fall for an American woman and he has. So many doubted the possibility.

I can see why you might be very excited (nothing is going to compare to the over reaction of the US press if they do end up married) but why are you predicting/hoping for an engagement ASAP? If you want them to actually succeed as a couple surely you should be hoping they both know what they are getting in to and have spend time *living on the same continent* for a while.

Harry might not agree with me and might press forwards and I'm not his mother/grandmother/sister/aunt etc but there's a reason why the Queen has had a guideline of waiting several years before marriage. The only one of her kids who hasn't been divorced waited 5-6 years (admittedly it might have been a bit sooner had tragic events not intervened). Probably if they stay together and want to get married it won't be 5 years but I do find it hard to imagine QE2 giving her permission so early, but who knows?

They aren't going to take my advice but I say use the break in Suits filming/airing to see if you can actually live together full time, get used to the full fury of the British Press and learn what will be expected of you, and lets not kid ourselves she won't be doing any acting as a Duchess so see if she wants that as well.

Last edited:
I agree. But I added that because she is American born, like British-Americans living in the US. Born and raised in Britain but later became American citizens. If she marries Harry, my understanding is that she'll remain a US citizen but also be given British citizenship?

That was my only thinking behind my post.

it still applies. Prince Maximilian of Liechtenstein married American Angela Brown and so she's now Princess Angela of Liechtenstein. American (though born in Panama), but now a European Princess of Color, so to speak.

She is American, but if she marries Harry, she will be considered a European Princess (albeit she'll be a Duchess).

Last edited:
The problem is that 5, 6 years for a 35 year old woman can be a lot, because surely they will want to have children and the biological clock is relentless

This is exactly the pitfall in this relationship. I hope this couple won't rush into marriage because of her biological clock and his desire to start a family.
If her age is a mainspring for both of them to rush into things, I think he should look for a younger girl.

Good Lord, people, They're. Just. Dating.

No wonder Harry wanted to keep this secret.

Exactly, I agree!

Last edited by a moderator:
Good Lord, people, They're. Just. Dating.

No wonder Harry wanted to keep this secret.

It's more than just dating. It's very serious! He is doing more for her than any other past girlfriends, the bodyguard, the statement from KP for example, the so called breaking of protocol and visiting her after this tour.

Harry has indicated that this is a serious relationship. As was mentioned he has never gone to such great lengths in his previous relationships.

Also keep in mind the couple's ages. They're not young kids in their early 20s. They're mature adults in their 30s.
Yes they're dating, but by all indications they are seriously dating and their relationship could very well lead to marriage. ??

Harry has indicated that this is a serious relationship. As was mentioned he has never gone to such great lengths in his previous relationships.

Also keep in mind the couple's ages. They're not young kids in their early 20s. They're mature adults in their 30s.
Yes they're dating, but by all indications they are seriously dating and their relationship could very well lead to marriage. ??

My point exactly. Thank you so much!

We know they are just dating but Meghan is a special case apparently...They have very similar interests and he has shown it's as serious as it can be...It's an actual adult relationship for him...So they started dating when she was 34 and I don't see why they won't be married by 36 if they decide to marry...She Recently turned 35,its not like she is going on 36 tomorrow...They can date and have an engagement within 2 years... Engagement after 7 months is too soon but I'm sure he won't wait longer than 18 months.Usually I ignore his "flings" but this WILL NOT be one of them it's clear...So I wish the best for them and all this talk about a biological clock ticking is ridiculous...It's suggested 35 but it's not true...You can have children safely until 43 and even older (although I don't agree with older than 43)...Women were made to bear children until they can't anymore,35 is a myth.

Please note that, as before, posts discussing the subject of pregnancy have been deleted. Let's get back on topic.

Yes "They are just dating"

Everyone is "dating" until it becomes official, usually with the arrival of a ring, a home move or a third member!

Harry has had a few really seriously long term relationships, he doesn't need another to tell him when something is right! Nor do they need any of the above!

The thing with Harry and Meghan's relationship is that its unique unto themselves just like every other couple's on the planet is. What we think and what we perceive to be right doesn't factor into it in any way. There are only two people that can make any decisions on how this relationship is going to, if they will marry or be significantly involved with each other for an extended time or if they are going to have children right away or adopt or just have a houseful of dogs.

We are the outsiders that can only offer opinions and express what seems to be to us. My crystal ball is in the shop so I'm just going to sit back, enjoy my tea and watch what develops.

I don't honestly know if she is the package or the right one for him or not. I keep going back and forth.

Please note that a number of posts have been deleted or edited for a being off-topic, speculative, empty and/or argumentative.
This thread is about Harry's relationship/s and not a debating ground about journalists, reporters or the media in general.

Further, this thread is not a platform for "my country is better than yours" type bickering. Members are asked to be respectful of one-anothers' opinions, irrespective of the country in which they live.

Oh what fun time the holidays bring. Going out and getting the perfect tree and then decorating it at home is the stuff memories are made of. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom