Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In front of over 300 guests, the Prime Minister, Gaston Browne, made Harry grimace and look at his feet as he told the audience: "I believe we are expecting a new Princess soon.

"I want you to know that you are very welcome to come on your honeymoon here."

Harry fiddled with his shirt to avoid eye contact as the PM spoke.

But he was further embarrassed when Mr Browne teased him again just as he was due to meet six of the country's beauty queens. "Whatever is done here, stays here. So do not worry," he joked.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/royal...oneymoon-Antigua-caribbean-Gaston-Browne-trip

Harmless joking around. The best thing to do is smile, blush and carry on. Nobody is out to make Harry feel bad or completely uncomfortable. Make the best of it.

I don't think anyone said he was trying to deliberately make Harry feel bad or that he wasn't joking around. He might of thought it was harmless joking around...but I'd say by Harry's reaction he wouldn't of agreed...it appeared to have made him uncomfortable.

It wasn't a very tactful comment to say the least.

LaRae

Yeah, but it was all harmless. I'm sure Harry is over it. I think people too much into Harry no dancing though. The young royals try not embarrass themselves by dancing in public much. Only on rare occasions. The young royals of today don't know how to dance.

It was inappropriate and in very poor taste to put Harry on the spot like that. What if the relationship does not lead to marriage? It will be humiliating for Meghan.

I would've been more embarrassed about the pimping of the beauty queens tbh. I'm pretty surr Harry knew to expect the engagement talks snd jokes after his statement.

Engagement jokes from tabloids yes...not in public from a PM or leader of a country etc.

LaRae

Engagement jokes from tabloids yes...not in public from a PM or leader of a country etc.

LaRae

I think people are taking the joke too serious. Of course Harry would feel a bit embarrassed and blush, but I don't think it all made him mad or upset.

Everyone is excited for Harry and it will come up. I'm sure the British media will try to bring it up before him too.

It was an inappropriate comment (for more than one reason) made in a public setting (making it even worse). The Pm needs a class in etiquette.

LaRae

It was an inappropriate comment (for more than one reason) made in a public setting (making it even worse). The Pm needs a class in etiquette.

LaRae

Not saying it wasn't inappropriate, but it was a harmless joke. Harry blushed and moved on. People think he was totally upset and refused to dance. Not likely true.

I've had family members embarrass me over a girlfriend and it's not that comfortable. One just blush and just move on.

Also, Harry will have to get used to people bringing up a girlfriend. He don't have to take the bait, but it will come up. The same happened to William in interviews when he was dating Catherine.

It's a little different to have your family members tease you privately than to be a Prince who's grown up in the media spotlight making it very hard to have a real relationship in the first place.

No I don't think Harry curled up in a ball unable to continue on with his day. I do think he was very uncomfortable.

Of course the media is going to talk about the g/f and if the relationship continues it will become more and more about long term speculation. I just expect someone in a position like a PM to have more tact.

LaRae

I can't believe Meghan's brother and nephew said she'd make a great aunt for George and Charlotte and that Harry better not hurt their beloved 'Megs'

It's been like 3 weeks since the relationship went public.

Not exactly the best way to ingratiate yourself to the Firm. I suspect this rabble won't get within 100 feet of Prince George and Princess Charlotte.

Last edited:
Once this relationship hit the public domain, that was it and it will not let up as long as these two keep seeing each other (even if they do happen to pull the wool over eyes in secret, conniving ways). There will nothing that isn't up for dissection, discussion, speculation and way outside of the box thinking. Along with that, as most people are armed with a cell phone that takes pictures, anyone is a possible paparrazi in the making hoping to "the" picture of these two.

Sometimes I wish Harry Potter's Cloak of Invisibility was a reality.

Harry and Meghan will be fine. I'm sure he's over the little embarrassment of last night. It's folks on the net that's making it out to be a big deal.

There will always be a little shyness present when ones love life comes up. It's. Part of life.

It's a little different to have your family members tease you privately than to be a Prince who's grown up in the media spotlight making it very hard to have a real relationship in the first place.

No I don't think Harry curled up in a ball unable to continue on with his day. I do think he was very uncomfortable.

Of course the media is going to talk about the g/f and if the relationship continues it will become more and more about long term speculation. I just expect someone in a position like a PM to have more tact.

LaRae

Yeah, it was a bit embarrassing for Harry, but all is good now. He's okay and getting on with his tour.

Last edited:
Yeah I saw that...hoping it's not true, just pieces and parts pulled out and just the media doing their typical thing.

LaRae

The media will try to hound her family and come up with all kinds of "quotes" to form an article about the couple. We went through this with Catherine's estranged family members, old school chums, friends, etc.

Expect more.

I can't believe Meghan's brother and nephew said she'd make a great aunt for George and Charlotte and that Harry better not hurt their beloved 'Megs'

It's been like 3 weeks since the relationship went public.

Not exactly the best way to ingratiate yourself with the Firm. I suspect this rabble won't get within 100 feet of Prince George and Princess Charlotte.

If the press doesn't 'kill' this relationship, her family certainly will, it seems...

There was a report that Harry was getting on well with PM Browne for most of the night and after Harry refused to dance with the beauty queens and assorted half naked dancers Browne got up and was prancing around with them!

If the press doesn't 'kill' this relationship, her family certainly will, it seems...

These are half-siblings (and their offspring) from Meghan's father's first marriage, and reading between the lines she has little to do with them, it seems. Meghan's mother and father have not spoken to the press at all. Meghan is the only child of Thomas Markle's second marriage.

The media is the one hounding her family. It all will be fine though. Nothing will harm the couple unless the couple give an interview and give very personal info, of which should be private.

The firm knows they're dealing with a new media system when it comes to personal relationships.

The media is the one hounding her family. It all will be fine though. Nothing will harm the couple unless the couple give an interview and give very personal info, of which should be private.

The firm knows they're dealing with a new media system when it comes to personal relationships.

I don't know if it has to do with 'hounding' the family by the press.
Nobody is forcing this family (albeit half-siblings) to release personal information/pictures.
They should try a bit more discretion. We (almost) never heard anything of the Middleton, Davies, Bonas and Anstruther-Gough-Calthorpe families.

Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016

Just sitting at home watching my local tv news and commercial comes on for tonight's episode of Entertainment Tonight - dancing with the stars and interview with Megan Markle's sister. She can't go on Twitter and claim it was made up with this one.

I don't think ET hounded her to go on tv and talk. Pippa at least biked across America and waited for a couple of years after the Royal Wedding before going on the Today Show

Last edited:
Oh, I don't know, I can remember for instance Jacobi Calthorpe, Cress's half brother giving several interviews, nominally to do with his business 'Housekeeper' and bringing Cressida into it with various comments about her being shy, nervous, not used to the spotlight etc.

There were stories of some drinking and other high spirited holidays to do with Chelsy's family, and her uncle was interviewed and stated that Harry and Chelsy were deeply in love and soon to marry. They were about 20 at the time.

Then there's Uncle Gary Goldsmith and the stories of his villa and other goings on, as well as other relatives who complained they'd been forgotten and neglected in recent years.

I don't know if it has to do with 'hounding' the family by the press.
Nobody is forcing this family (albeit half-siblings) to release personal information/pictures.
They should try a bit more discretion. We (almost) never heard anything of the Middleton, Davies, Bonas and Anstruther-Gough-Calthorpe families.

And how do you know they've released information? This may have been taken from blogs and personal pages. The press that is chasing , so much that every day has some news about her. And the press has no ability to destroy a relationship, only if there is no real love, or if they are weak people, which is not the case.

Has Samantha Grant got a split personality? :lol: This is the woman who called her half-sister all the names under the sun on her Facebook, which some British tabloid or other carefully fashioned into an article!

Last edited:
Oh, I don't know, I can remember for instance Jacobi Calthorpe, Cress's half brother giving several interviews, nominally to do with his business 'Housekeeper' and bringing Cressida into it with various comments about her being shy, nervous, not used to the spotlight etc.

There were stories of some drinking and other high spirited holidays to do with Chelsy's family, and her uncle was interviewed and stated that Harry and Chelsy were deeply in love and soon to marry. They were about 20 at the time.

Then there's Uncle Gary Goldsmith and the stories of his villa and other goings on, as well as other relatives who complained they'd been forgotten and neglected in recent years.

Oh yeah, we heard from people in the past. That's why I said that people shouldn't be shocked or alarmed by these "quotes" because we got them before. None of it is harming, but some people will say a little something. Just as long as they're not telling very personal business. It's all good.

Again, we've been through this when William and Catherine were just dating. Expect more for Harry and Meghan. Also, when no one speaks, the media will speak for them. There will be tons of sources being cited.

Last edited:
I'm feeling sorry for Meghan, her sister is most likely talking to the tabloids against her wishes. Maybe she feels guilty, that her facebook posts got picked up, and a tabloid story was written off them. Or maybe she enjoys her spot in the tabloids.

At least it's all complimentary, and nothing personal.

Last edited:
Again, we've been through this when William and Catherine were just dating. Expect more for Harry and Meghan. Also, when no one speaks, the media will speak for them. There will be tons of sources being cited.

No we haven't, at least not within the first month. WIlliam and Catherine dated for years.

Yes a cousin spoke out but not anyway near to what's coming out from Meghan's family.

No one was on Entertainment Tonight

To keep saying we went through this with Kate's family just isn't accurate.

Last edited:
Exactly. References to relationships usually aren't made by public figures until there's an engagement. This wasn't a joke of the "you're next" variety made at family weddings.

LaRae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom