Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This stupid Boy! Why can't he just marry a nice girl like Princess Theodora?
"Tell me what kind of Girl you date and I tell you what kind of guy you are....."

By nice girl you mean princess I assume. Yes I mean I understand why a socialite soap actress is so much nicer. I mean education, humanitarian work, business means little. Being a nice girl is defined by the blood I your veins.

What would it say about hi if he dated her only because she is a princess. Thankfully Harry doesn't seem as shallow as some :whistling:

No, Harry isn't a shallow person. I have to confess though, that I now have mixed feelings about that statement.

I do think Harry was perfectly entitled to stick up for his girlfriend and her family, who were being harassed. The British tabloids always get up on their hind legs when put in the wrong. They play the "What us! We would never dream of doing anything like that", card and viciously bite back if they can. And of course, Meghan as an actress and blogger gives them the perfect opportunity.

So, PR wise a public written statement about press harassment might not have been the way to go. Perhaps a private phone call to editors by KP telling them that yes the romance was reasonably serious, but the Palace would very much appreciate it if they would cease the harassment, might have been a better route. Along with perhaps a promise of an interview later on in the year, or something.

This is not the best way to introduce a new girlfriend, and having the tabs in a tantrum with you and her isn't the greatest if anything serious develops later on, though I'm sure in the euphoria of an engagement this would be put on the back burner.

Harry was being chivalrous in his gesture and I'm sure was in distress. However, perhaps behaving impulsively in that way had consequences that weren't foreseen at the time.

Last edited:
I agree Curryong going in boots and all didn't leave the media a no fuss exit. Like you I think a third party talking to the media would have had a better outcome.
By a public dressing down of the press there will be a few that will just go harder

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

No, Harry isn't a shallow person. I have to confess though, that I now have mixed feelings about that statement.

I do think Harry was perfectly entitled to stick up for his girlfriend and her family, who were being harassed. The British tabloids always get up on their hind legs when put in the wrong. They play the "What us! We would never dream of doing anything like that", card and viciously bite back if they can. And of course, Meghan as an actress and blogger gives them the perfect opportunity.

So, PR wise a public written statement about press harassment might not have been the way to go. Perhaps a private phone call to editors by KP telling them that yes the romance was reasonably serious, but the Palace would very much appreciate it if they would cease the harassment, might have been a better route. Along with perhaps a promise of an interview later on in the year, or something.

This is not the best way to introduce a new girlfriend, and having the tabs in a tantrum with you and her isn't the greatest if anything serious develops later on, though I'm sure in the euphoria of an engagement this would be put on the back burner.

Harry was being chivalrous in his gesture and I'm sure was in distress. However, perhaps behaving impulsively in that way had consequences that weren't foreseen at the time.

People will get over his letter, just a long ad they got the message of the importance of privacy for this young lady and stop the racial undertones in their articles.

I haven't read all the press about this so maybe I have missed things but I can't say I have seen any racist articles. Maybe in the comments which I never read but that's just the crazies

That's what the royal press offices have a history of doing with the British publications, and it works in large part because there's a long-standing relationship between the parties, but I can't see how that was an option in this instance. The issue this time isn't the British publications so much as the North American freelance paparazzi machine. They don't have any ability to call those dogs off quietly.

Another wrinkle that has to be considered: freelance paparazzi get paid substantially more than usual when they can offer proof of something really big that's previously been unconfirmed or denied. As long as we didn't know for sure if they were a couple, the money the photogs could have gotten for some kind of evidence would have been way beyond the usual paparazzi paycheck, and that potential payout was more than enough motivation for them to cross a lot of lines in hounding her and her family. Now that we all know that the relationship is real, what's potentially available to them is worth a smaller payout. There's less incentive to go beyond the usual following someone around to take pictures in public places, which is the level of attention royal girlfriends just have to either take in stride or opt for a breakup.

This is altogether a different equation than when Diana or Kate or Cressida or Chelsey were followed by the British press. It calls for a different approach from Kensington Palace. I'm not positive they've contained their problem, but I can't really see a better choice for them to have made than issuing that statement.

Action replay.

When Diana died, the immediate response of the UK public was to turn against the media. That tends to be forgotten.

In order to turn the tide, the UK press attacked the Queen - where
Are you, give us the boys, lower the flag...... and thats what is remembered. The people were conned.

We now have Harry defending his girlfriend and attacking media/paparazzi. He has been supported by the public. What happens? the press are attempting to turnthe tide - its Meghane and/or Harrys fault; its his Press people (who they dont like) and Charles who wasnt there to advise.

Give me strength. Its the media - mainly the press. Dont get conned again.

This stupid Boy! Why can't he just marry a nice girl like Princess Theodora?
"Tell me what kind of Girl you date and I tell you what kind of guy you are....."

And why does he have to marry a person he does not love, a marriage arranged with a noble and be unhappy? There are people who are still at the beginning of the last century.:ohmy:

I don't think Harry made a mistake in writing the letter. He must have been deeply outraged at his girlfriend's offenses. I was shocked by some comments. It's very difficult to read offensive comments to a person we like, he just wanted to protect her. And the press is cruel.

The only precedent I can remember for a letter such as Harry published is the one that Edward sent out when he was dating Sophie. That was an attempt to protect her and their growing relationship. Does anyone remember whether Edward received backlash for that?

^A huge difference is Sophie was a regular girl NOT a TV actress benefiting from the exposure.

:previous: To a degree, yes. However, Sophie's work did flourish after she was known to be dating Prince Edward. She started her own company, RJH, three years after their relationship began. I must admit, I'm somewhat uncomfortable with Prince Harry dating an actress. However, if they do form a strong relationship and genuinely love and care for each other, that's more important in the long run.

^A huge difference is Sophie was a regular girl NOT a TV actress benefiting from the exposure.

Miss Markle isn't benefiting from this exposure. I think it's going to be a mistake for people to come down on this young lady for already having a career and media profile before Harry. This young lady had delivered a speech before the UN for crying out loud. She's been on talk shows and already have some media interests.

It's easy for people to slip into the thought of a star using her royal connections to help her career. The girl is on a tv series. She's got her stuff together. She don't need Harry to raise her profile.

At this moment, how exactly has Meghan benefited from the exposure? I highly doubt her dating Harry will bring more viewers for Suits. Sure, her name is out there in the tabloid press, I'm just not sure it'll boast the sales of her clothing line. She won't get any new job offers because of her dating life. As far as I see, she's received harassment, people have tried to break into her home, her loved ones have been harassed by the press, and every person shes been in known contact has been offered money for a story. How is she benefiting from this exposure?

And why does he have to marry a person he does not love, a marriage arranged with a noble and be unhappy? There are people who are still at the beginning of the last century.:ohmy:

It's really has nothing to do with the time we live in as compared to 100 years ago etc. He's bound by the Traditions and rules of the BRF.

At any time he can step aside and give up his place in line for the throne (he's not going to inherit it anyway and not likely he wants it based on other things he's said in the past)...he's got plenty of money of his own from his mother and no way would his father or brother see him go without.

So as long as he remains in the 'firm' and plans to be a working member of it then he's gotta follow the rules. While it's not likely the Queen would deny him permission to marry someone...technically he still has to have permission to marry.

LaRae

Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016

I'm going to disagree. She plays a supporting part on a cable tv show which is getting under 2 million viewers in a country of 330 million. Once the Harry news broke, she front page on website, newspapers, magazines. Most people here probably never heard of her before being linked to Harry. She has gotten tons of name recognition that she wouldn't have got without the Harry connection.

Suits isn't on right now it apparently comes back on in early 2017

Last edited:
Oh, yeah she does, no one knew who she was before this. She's promoting a clothing line. Has an open instagram with banana spooning (nice touch). I digress.

I don't care if she's delivering speeches for the pope, nowadays everyone is doing these self serving look at me doing charity, I'm not always impressed.

She certainly is not benefiting from exposure. What I saw was she being execrated in the social media. I read terrible comments in the Daily Mail: Harry will regret the day he has a black son. Black children in the palace? Could her mother work as a cleaner in the palace, a descendant of slaves with a prince? That was the least I read, not to mention the comments about her being divorced, as if it were the worst thing in the world

Folks, Meghan Markle is successful in her own right. Don't take that away from her. Yes, more people are finding out about who she is since the news broke of her relationship with Harry, but let's not make it seem like her career has been made by this.

Everybody used to go on and on about how it's good for a young lady to have a career and establish herself before marriage. Folks used to rip Catherine in half for not be out going enough and for not having a solid career while dating William. Now Harry is dating a career woman. You would think people would be satisfied. Being an actress is a good job too!

Last edited:
I still don't see how she's benefiting from this. Will people buy more stuff from her clothing line because she's dating Harry? Her IG pictures getting views won't benefit her. Neither does having her name splattered on tabloids. She's having to live through people trying to break into her home, worrying if someone will sell a tell all story about her, who she can trust in her life. Anyone thinking she's enjoying all that, I've got news for you.

Tbh, Harry is lucky if this relationship works out. Meghan is the one who'll have to uproot her life, and the benefits of life with a royal, in my mind, wouldn't be worth the negatives.

How is she benefiting from this public exposure other than probably the increase in her number of followers...has she received any new acting gigs or modeling contracts since it was confirmed that she is dating Harry? is she receiving compensation for promoting goods and services on twitter and instagram [i.e. similar to the Kardashians]. She already had a blog and clothing line prior to dating Harry, so what has she gained exactly from this exposure other than more people knowing who she is?

Suits is a popular show on the USA network, it is certainly not along the likes of CSI, Scandal or Law and Order but for a lot of people who watch the USA network [and I was one of them for Silk Stalkings, Royal Pains, Fairly Legal, etc.]....I have known about her since the show started. Although to be honest I have never looked at her instagram and/or twitter account until the rumors of the Harry pairing pop up. Meghan, like many her age and in her industry documents her life on social media. Thats' what they do...I don't think that should be held against against. And for those who are criticize her for saying that she was the luckiest girl in the world..she also said that in April/May and was referencing a trip she took with some girlfriends to Italy.

Last edited:
What's amazing to me is that no matter what choices a woman makes, someone will hate her for them.

Meghan Markle is getting a ton of criticism for making her own career and success- for working hard as both an actress and a humanitarian, for having a public personality and opinions.

Catherine has gotten a ton of criticism for being a Stepford Wife- too quiet, a mannequin with no opinions, boring and not charismatic.

There is no way for a woman to date a member of the British Royal Family without a portion of the population absolutely hating her for it and I for one will not be buying into that nonsense.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

What's amazing to me is that no matter what choices a woman makes, someone will hate her for them.

Meghan Markle is getting a ton of criticism for making her own career and success- for working hard as both an actress and a humanitarian, for having a public personality and opinions.

Catherine has gotten a ton of criticism for being a Stepford Wife- too quiet, a mannequin with no opinions, boring and not charismatic.

There is no way for a woman to date a member of the British Royal Family without a portion of the population absolutely hating her for it and I for one will not be buying into that nonsense.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Right, I just don't think people should be tearing Miss Markle down over her career. She's successful in her own right and already have a media profile. She didn't just make it up since dating Harry.

I hope people will show her some respect and not hound her in person and on her personal social media.

Leave the girl alone and don't make things hard for this relationship.

Meghan will absolutely benefit from dating Harry. Meghan is what I call a hustler, she is a supporting actress on a basic cable show and yet she has a clothing line and is a UN appointee, actresses who are much better known cannot claim those accomplishments. If Meghan and Harry get married, Meghan will benefit by becoming a member of the British Royal Family and all that entails - tiaras, castles, swanky title, etc. Yeah, it's not all rosy, but becoming a member of the British royal family comes with perks and a platform that will allow her to continue her humanitarian work and advocacy. As far as what will happen if she and Harry do not go the distance, take a look at post-Harry Cressida Bonas, Cressida has scored fashion campaigns, magazine covers, and sits on the front row at major fashion shows, I have no doubt that those same things will come Meghan's way, I suspect that when you toss in Meghan savvy and moxie, with or without Harry, we will be seeing much more of her.

Again I think Meghan is a hustler, and regardless of the outcome, I think she is going to parlay her relationship with Prince Harry into bigger and better things, I think that's just how she's wired, but just to be clear, I am giving her the benefit of the doubt that when it comes to her attraction to and feelings about Harry. One, Harry is far from being a charmless ogre, and also, if you look at previous men she's been in relationships with, Harry seems to be her type, so I have no reason to believe that Meghan's interest in Harry is solely opportunistic, but, regardless of the outcome of the relationship and independent of the genuineness of her feelings for Harry, opportunities will come from it and she will take advantage of them.

Last edited:
I'm going to disagree. She plays a supporting part on a cable tv show which is getting under 2 million viewers in a country of 330 million. Once the Harry news broke, she front page on website, newspapers, magazines. Most people here probably never heard of her before being linked to Harry. She has gotten tons of name recognition that she wouldn't have got without the Harry connection.

Suits isn't on right now it apparently comes back on in early 2017

I agree. That's exactly how's she benefitting. Tons of free press and high profile. I'd never heard of her before this all went on.

LaRae

Yes but if the tons of press doesn't lead to anything not really a benefit. We're not talking Cressida. Cress was fresh out of school and other than Harry was only known for her family and being mistaken for a different model. Meghan already has an established career. She already had 2 major humanitarian positions. She is on her second release of her clothing line. At least in cAnada she is easily recognizable from her commercials. Unless she suddenly lands a major movie roll or something, she is not benefiting here.

And the press isn't going to help. Reitmans is not a designer anything. It is a retail store, not low end but affordable. women shop there as it's affordable and it fits everyone from petite so to plus size. The kind of people who drop money on clothes because of a celebrity are not likely to shop there. It's along the lines of like Martha Stewart or Miley Cyrus having a line at target or Kmart yes a celebrity meme, but no one racing out to buy.

Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016

While she is with Harry, she may have to turn stuff down. Say she gets offered a network show from Shonda Rimes of Grey's Anatomy & Scandal fame. Can she commit herself to several years on a network tv show (knowing that HRH The Duchess of Sussex cant be the lead actress) or does she turn it down because she wants to move to the U.K. and explore her relationship further.

If they break up, she goes back to a LA a household name, which she wasn't one before. More known, more opportunities will come, better roles, product endorsements, magazine covers. She is now Meghan Markle, former flame of Prince Harry now starting in NCIS:Miami Tuesday nights on CBS.

Regarding the clothing line: a moderate price line of clothing is going to sell better than a high end one. Martha Stewart sells a lot of towels and bedding at Macy's, Jaclyn Smith from Charlie's Angel fame has been selling stuff at Kmart for 30 years with over 100 million people buying it. That's more money than selling 100 $1000 dresses.

Last edited:
Dating Harry might bring in some roles and some profit for her blog in the short term, along with a lot of dirt being thrown, racism by DM readers and some incredibly nasty and semi-racist articles by British tabloids. These tabloids of course always turn around and protest their innocence in the most sickeningly self righteous manner, after others protest about their behaviour.

If Meghan is dating Harry it's probably fair to say that she is attracted to him and that they get on well. Further than that we can't really say. If she is wanting to be 'a Princess' above everything then Harry, who has plenty of experience in this sort of thing, will no doubt find her out before long.

Her profession probably inevitably raises questions in the minds of others about raising her profile and 'what's in it for her?' Certainly more than if she was a nurse or office worker. I do happen to think Meghan is genuinely fond of Harry and doesn't have her eye on the main chance. If this romance is serious then I guess we will know if she is, sooner or later.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom