Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
First I've heard that.

The relationship was confirmed at the beginning of November, the rumours began at the end of October. Suits's last episode aired in September, so I'm not sure what press tour or promotion she might've done since then. Unless she was supposed to do anything for the Reitmans line... but I don't know what that would have been.

It was just people trying to get a story again, nothing more.

Whoever thinks that there won't be a high level of interest in Harry's g/f (or wife) as long as they are together is kidding themselves.

It (high interest) will be almost the level of William and Kate, pretty much as long as they live.

LaRae

Whoever thinks that there won't be a high level of interest in Harry's g/f (or wife) as long as they are together is kidding themselves.

It (high interest) will be almost the level of William and Kate, pretty much as long as they live.

LaRae

I think you're the one who's kidding yourself here. There is a shelf life on media interest. The media won't give two figs about middle-age Harry and Meghan. They'll have about 10-15 years in the spotlight, then that light will fade fast. 15 years from now royal watchers will be complaining that Harry and wife aren't getting any coverage, all the media attention will be on George, Charlotte, and maybe Louise Wessex and James Wessex.

Harry fate is the same as Margaret, Anne, Andrew, and Edward. It's Charlotte's fate, too.

Last edited:
Not necessarily as long as they live. It's fairly reasonable to expect that the interest in William and Kate will decrease as they get older; no one cares as much about a long married couple in their 40s, 50s, etc, unless there is drama within the relationship. For William and Kate this will become even more true as George and Charlotte get older and begin dating; by then public interest will be on them instead of their parents.

Harry can hope for the same; if he marries and has kids in his 30s, interest will die down in him and his wife when he's in his 40s, and by his 50s it'll be more on the potential love lives of his kids. If he marries later the time frame will change, or if he doesn't have kids then the interest will be there until it's considerably unlikely that they'll be having kids.

Consider Andrew - no one cares about who he's dating unless the rumours about him and Sarah getting back together resurface (as they do every few years). No one cares at all about Edward and Sophie anymore either, although I don't think they ever hit William and Kate (or Charles/Diana, Andrew/Sarah) levels. People only care about Anne and Tim when there's rumours that they're unhappy in their marriage.

I think you're the one who's kidding yourself here. There is a shelf life on media interest. The media won't give two figs about middle-age Harry and Meghan. They'll have about 10-15 years in the spotlight, then that light will fade fast. 15 years from now royal watchers will be complaining that Harry and wife aren't getting any coverage, all the media attention will be on George, Charlotte, and maybe Louise Wessex and James Wessex.

Harry fate is the same as Margaret, Anne, Andrew, and Edward. It's Charlotte's fate, too.

No I don't think I am. Due to who their parents were/are there has always been a great deal of interest in both boys. I don't see any indication it's lessening.

Doesn't matter if the media thinks they are boring..it's the people who will care and they drive the media. They are the ones who click the stories or buy the magazines.

LaRae

All this hiding, not being seen in public together and not mentioning or talking about each other in public is getting a little old. The world knows they are dating now. They need to just roll with it and show the world that they are proud of each other and want to show each each off.

Meghan is a college graduate, a very successful career woman, intelligent, a businesswoman, and humanitarian. I know Harry is proud of her. Now they both need to stop all this. In his shoes, I'd be in a hurry to show her off on my arm!!

Maybe it was for her clothing line . I thought I read something like that.

All this hiding, not being seen in public together and not mentioning or talking about each other in public is getting a little old. The world knows they are dating now. They need to just roll with it and show the world that they are proud of each other and want to show each each off.

Meghan is a college graduate, a very successful career woman, intelligent, a businesswoman, and humanitarian. I know Harry is proud of her. Now they both need to stop all this. In his shoes, I'd be in a hurry to show her off on my arm!!

Why would they want to "show each other off". They aren't immature teenagers desperate for validation from the outside world. There are two people in that relationship, not seven billion.

When they aren't wrapped up in each other, they may want to meet the other's friends and/or family. Nosy royal watchers shouldn't be a high priority for an emotionally stable couple.

Why would they want to "show each other off". They aren't immature teenagers desperate for validation from the outside world. There are two people in that relationship, not seven billion.

When they aren't wrapped up in each other, they may want to meet the other's friends and/or family. Nosy royal watchers shouldn't be a high priority for an emotionally stable couple.

Okay. I agree. I didn't think of that. You're right!:flowers:

I was just thinking that she is an actress and a talented one from what I read and one day she might win a prime time award for her work and it be great for Harry to accompany to the awards her to show support. --- Just a thought and an example.

But I do agree with what you said.

They were just spotted together a few weeks ago. And just a few weeks before that, Harry talked about Meghan in the grandest gesture ever: an official statement from KP.

I guess I'm just a bit confused by your saying that the way they're carrying on is "getting old." I mean the relationship itself is in its early stages. We haven't known them long enough as a couple to say that anything they're doing is getting old lol. You can't expect them to be name dropping each other in interviews at this point. They're still getting to know each other - and they deserve the opportunity to do that away from media scrutiny - and our prying eyes.

Last edited:
I think because Harry has a lot of Diana's lovable qualities, he will not go the way of Andrew, Edward or Anne. Although, I agree the level of interest won't be as great 10-15 years from now.

It seems the original comment had something to do with what I said about the level of interest in Harry and Meghan? It's true that interest in them will remain high for a long while. I was just saying that it won't be as high as it is now, with reporters clamoring for exclusives on all their "firsts"...first pics, first holiday, first meeting with the parents, etc. The more we see them together, the less appeal these "exclusives" have.

Ahh ^ this came out sharper than intended. Sorry about that!

Re: not being seen in public together. They have been spotted in public together. They've even been photographed once in public together. They also don't live on the same continent, so their actual time together is somewhat limited.

Re: not mentioning or talking about each other in public. Royals typically do not comment on their dating lives with the press. Harry's interactions with the press since the announcement that he's dating Meghan has all been at official events... do you seriously think he should be going "yes, I'm here to promote this charity, but I'm going to pause for a moment and tell you about my girlfriend"? You might have a point if he'd done a sit down interview and refused to speak about her at it... but he hasn't, and really he rarely does. Likewise, Meghan hasn't done any interviews or public engagements since the relationship was announced. She's not avoiding the question, she's not been doing interviews - and again, her show isn't on air right now, so she's not even avoiding the interviews. She'll won't likely be commenting on it when she does start doing interviews for Suits again... but she won't be the first celebrity to say that she won't take questions regarding her dating life. Nor would she be the last.

We have absolutely no idea of what is going to happen with this relationship in the next year coming up and I would wager my last piece of coconut cream pie that what the public wants or what the media wants isn't anywhere listed on their priority list. They may be seen in public and then again, they may not.

What is certain though is royal protocol when it comes to official engagements. If Harry and Meghan are engaged by the time of the Invictus Games, we may see her with Harry but most certainly not if they are still just dating.

Both Harry and Meghan seem to be the type of people that when they have a commitment, they honor them and I'd really be surprised if Meghan walked away from a contractual obligation to Suits. They may continue to see each other as they have been, in private, until obligations are cleared away and then they can think and plan where to go from there. I wouldn't even place a bet on an engagement before her time with Suits is done.

Reactions: Ish
You all,

I said in a reply to my post about this that I understand. Anyway, I was just referring to him being proud and wanting to show her off. And that is not anything bad by any means. Maybe I did not explain good enough, I don't know but I get it. No worries.

Last edited:
Leave Harry and Meghan alone! :lol:

They're not afraid to be seen together when they are together, nor do they flaunt it!

William was pretty tight lipped about Kate until they got engaged after nearly a decade of ducking and diving! I think the first wedding they actually arrived at together was during the engaged but pre announcement period.

I understand you, I also wanted very much to see a picture of them together in a trip, for we who are a fan of the couple, it would be wonderful!

It is very understandable how we wish things to move on and hope for more pictures or real information - even an announcement maybe! But of-course, we are all seeing it from the outside as observers, checking the news and websites each day.

Even royal romances go at the pace of the couple rather than the speed of our own hopes ;)

Why is the DM saying Harry and Meghan are still in Norway? Has it never been reported that they've returned? I thought the trip had ended already since it was reportedly intended as a week long vacation...

Why is the DM saying Harry and Meghan are still in Norway? Has it never been reported that they've returned? I thought the trip had ended already since it was reportedly intended as a week long vacation...

No, it was never confirmed that they had left. They got there on Monday and all reports said they'd be there for a week, but some were assuming they were already gone since the story had broken out. I'd assume they are there until tomorrow at least, if we go by the 1 week theory a lot of media are reporting.

Guys, we have been informed twice now that this is not the thread to be discussing Harry's alleged instagram account and that posts on the subject will be deleted.

As for the length of the holiday, we don't know how long it is. The "week" reports are all unconfirmed rumours. No one from Harry or Meghan's teams have released any information about it. They could be on a weeklong trip, a two weeklong trip, a month long trip... they could be planning on running away and living in the Norwegian fjords for the rest of their lives.

Guys, we have been informed twice now that this is not the thread to be discussing Harry's alleged instagram account and that posts on the subject will be deleted.

As for the length of the holiday, we don't know how long it is. The "week" reports are all unconfirmed rumours. No one from Harry or Meghan's teams have released any information about it. They could be on a weeklong trip, a two weeklong trip, a month long trip... they could be planning on running away and living in the Norwegian fjords for the rest of their lives.

Of course their teams haven't confirmed it, it's a story in the media--Just like many other things we talk about on here, it's all speculation/hearsay. However, that doesn't necessarily mean it should automatically be ruled out. The media has been right before.

Adult people have their relationships outside of social media. I wouldn't base any thought, that IG following or not following indicates how their relationship is going. If they break up, I'm thinking there will be a statement given to US weekly or people, by Meghan's publicists, quite fast. Any other tumblr knowledge, IMO, is fanfiction. The more detailed the 'information', the more it convinces me that it's fangirls writing stories. IMO Harry has a trusted group of friends, who will not betray him, and spill anything to anyone. Meghan has her half sister and nephew or whatever, who talk a lot, but I don't think they know anything. I think Meghan has an equally close group of friends, who are protective of her as well.

So, I don't think there's any info these Tumblr people have, and I don't think Meghan and Harry will show in any way on social media what's happening in their relationships.

When The Fail has nothing they'll report anything.

Not necessarily as long as they live. It's fairly reasonable to expect that the interest in William and Kate will decrease as they get older; no one cares as much about a long married couple in their 40s, 50s, etc, unless there is drama within the relationship. For William and Kate this will become even more true as George and Charlotte get older and begin dating; by then public interest will be on them instead of their parents.

Harry can hope for the same; if he marries and has kids in his 30s, interest will die down in him and his wife when he's in his 40s, and by his 50s it'll be more on the potential love lives of his kids. If he marries later the time frame will change, or if he doesn't have kids then the interest will be there until it's considerably unlikely that they'll be having kids.

Consider Andrew - no one cares about who he's dating unless the rumours about him and Sarah getting back together resurface (as they do every few years). No one cares at all about Edward and Sophie anymore either, although I don't think they ever hit William and Kate (or Charles/Diana, Andrew/Sarah) levels. People only care about Anne and Tim when there's rumours that they're unhappy in their marriage.

Meandering through this thread these last few days I'd say Harry is counting the days until he hits 40.

Everyone who posts in this forum is interested in royals. However, looking through the Harry threads, the interest here is becoming stalkerish and disturbing, IMO. Do we really need to know every iota of Harry's life? Do we really need a play by play of his love life? Do we really need to know where they are, how long they will be there, what they are doing at 3 pm on Sunday... there are people on this thread who won't be satisfied until there's a webcam attached to his head, and then they'll want brain waves monitors.

BTW, for those of you so emotionally invested in Harry that you want him to find the woman of his dreams (or want Megan to be the woman of his dreams), this is NOT the way to help that along. You're helping to scare any normal woman away, far away.

I am just excited he's dating an American. And she's so pretty. I hope it works out. I feel a need to defend her because she is attacked so much.

I had never heard of her or Suits before all this and I have no intention of tuning in and watching Suits. Just not interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom