The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2016, 03:24 PM
Aristocracy

I just know with the 2017 Invictus Games coming up in September 2017 and she has volunteered to be apart of it,if we will see them together before then...I would imagine Harry would want to introduce her as his girlfriend at an event like his father did with Diana in Early 1981... Pretty Woman style(Gorgeous Red Dress and all!) So if they are still together we have to get something before September and that's so exciting to me!!! Of course next month is fine too!!!

Old 12-08-2016, 04:13 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

I've deleted a few posts. Please remember that this thread is about Harry and his relationships and not about whether Americans understand the British Royal family. Further off-topic posts will be deleted.

Old 12-08-2016, 05:08 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilacmagnolia View Post
I just know with the 2017 Invictus Games coming up in September 2017 and she has volunteered to be apart of it,if we will see them together before then...I would imagine Harry would want to introduce her as his girlfriend at an event like his father did with Diana in Early 1981... Pretty Woman style(Gorgeous Red Dress and all!) So if they are still together we have to get something before September and that's so exciting to me!!! Of course next month is fine too!!!
There will be plenty of opportunities in 2017 for Harry and Meghan to show up together:

- Will they spend New Year’s together?

- Catherine’s 35 birthday. Harry has never been recorded at any of Catherine’s birthdays so I don’t expect them to make an appearance here.

- Will the couple go on a skiing holiday together?

-Eugenie’s 27th birthday. Harry and Eugenie are very close and he usually attends her birthdays, so this is a good possibility.

- William’s 35th birthday. Harry hasn’t been documented at any of William’s birthday celebrations since 2008, so this will be unlikely for the couple.

-Will Meghan watch Harry play polo in the Spring/Summer like Chelsy used to do?

-Since Meghan is a fan/friend of Serena Williams, will Harry and Meghan attend Wimbledon together to watch one of her matches?

- Will Harry bring Meghan as his date to Camilla’s 70th birthday bash? Harry was a no-show at her 60th party, but William brought then girlfriend Catherine. So I’ll put this in the maybe category.

-Will Harry bring Meghan as his plus-one to Skippy’s wedding?

-Will Harry visit Meghan routinely in Toronto while she films season 7? Harry only visited Chelsy in Leeds once. In the past he seemed to expect his girlfriends to come to him. It will speak volumes if he actually makes the effort for Meghan.

-Cousin Peter’s 40th birthday. For Peter’s 30th, William brought Catherine but Harry didn’t bring Chelsy. So this will be an interesting move on Harry’s part.

-Prince Philip and HM’s 70th wedding anniversary party. No way Meghan will get an invite unless she has a ring on her finger.

I’m sure I’m missing other opportunities, as well. But the actions of the couples are always a much better indicator than whatever tabloids are claiming with ‘inside’ sources. So we'll have to wait and see.
Old 12-08-2016, 05:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

I can help think the bracelet thing seems more like something a teenager would do not a couple in their 30,s JMO

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 12-08-2016, 05:45 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
People, calm down! Let Henry and Meghan enjoy their relationship! Don't expect an engagement in the next time! For me it would be too early to marry after a six-month-relationship!

Under other circumstances you may be right but Harry and Meghan are in their 30's. She is 35. He loves her and she him. Harry is not going to wait 2 years to marry. June 2017 will be a year of dating for me. The most he'll wait is a year I think at least, IF he waits that long.
Old 12-08-2016, 06:00 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Observer7 View Post
He loves her and she him.
We have not even seen one picture of the two together but you do seem to know a lot about Harry and Meghans' feelings.
Do you have inside information about their relationship?
Old 12-08-2016, 06:36 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrik-Jan77 View Post
We have not even seen one picture of the two together but you do seem to know a lot about Harry and Meghans' feelings.
Do you have inside information about their relationship?
Nope. Just common sense here. Normally people want have have kids before turning 40.
Old 12-08-2016, 06:44 PM
Majesty

We don't know if they love each other or not. Are they in a relationship? Yes. Do they love each other? We don't know. They are still in the early stages of a relationship that is being carried out between 2 countries.

LaRae
Old 12-08-2016, 07:49 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Under other circumstances you may be right but Harry and Meghan are in their 30's. She is 35. He loves her and she him. Harry is not going to wait 2 years to marry. June 2017 will be a year of dating for me. The most he'll wait is a year I think at least, IF he waits that long.
I appreciate your enthusiasm for this couple, I really do. But I think talk of an engagement is at least a little bit premature. Unless you know something the rest of us don't know Harry and Meghan are in a relationship which clearly they both seem keen to explore, great for them. But in BRF for this generation its way too early. They haven't ever lived in the same continent let alone the same city for a few months.

Yes they might speed things up compared to a W/K ten year long relationship. But remember Kate got (and still is ) continually hounded by the press, which got worse not better when they got engaged/married.

If this is serious Meghan would have to know that the Photogs are potentially going to chase her every day of her life and the papers are going analyse everything she says and does. This unfortunately goes for any senior RBF member.

If they make it that far I would certainly support them getting married and unless anything awful turns up I can't see that QE2 would be opposed despite what the US tabloids are saying, even if she had initial misgivings.

As for the Cof E as it stands they might be able to actually get married in St Paul's/Westminster Abbey if they wanted but might prefer a more low key ceremony. But as I said I hope they are happy but that might be a way off yet.
Old 12-08-2016, 08:38 PM
Aristocracy

In relation to Meghan, I don't know, but for me there is no doubt that Harry is in love. He assumed o romance and defended her, I don't remember him doing this for another girlfriend. Not to mention his sudden visit to Toronto.
Old 12-08-2016, 10:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
If Harry wishes to retain his place in the line of succession then it's not entirely his choice how long he has to wait before an engagement.

Harry need the Queen's permission to marry. It's that simple. If he marries a divorce, Catholic, American woman without his grandmother's permission then he's out of the line of succession. And while the Queen might not consider her being bi-racial, divorced, Catholic, or an American as a valid reason to deny him permission to marry (none of which really are), she is likely to consider a short relationship where the pair of them haven't even lived in the same continent a good reason.

If Harry rushes to the alter just because his biological clock is ticking then he's a fool who's destined to repeat his father's mistakes. Let him enjoy the dating stage of his relationship.
Old 12-08-2016, 10:23 PM
Aristocracy

EPHRAIM HARDCASTLE: Prince Harry's hotting-up romance with Meghan Markle suggests marriage is imminent* | Daily Mail Online

Should we take this seriously? Not sure since it seems like a filler but I would hope he would want to marry her in the future...
Old 12-08-2016, 10:32 PM
Commoner

Is it definite that she is (born/culturally) Catholic? I know she attended a Catholic School but so did many non Catholics I know.

Autumn Phillips converted with a quote that "It was basically the same any way." Except without the Pope.
Old 12-08-2016, 10:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
There will be plenty of opportunities in 2017 for Harry and Meghan to show up together

Hmm...

I think it's likely they'll spend New Year's together. Not necessarily Christmas - Harry's likely to spend that with the family, and Meghan isn't likely to get an invite there. New Years is different, and I doubt there's any reason one or the other can't fly to visit, perhaps even for longer than a weekend. January is typically a slow royal month. Likewise, it's unlikely that Harry isn't going to do a ski trip at some point this winter, and I wouldn't be surprised if Meghan joins - remember, that's how we first got pictures of him with Cressida.

I don't think we're likely to see Harry, let alone Meghan, at Catherine or William's birthdays. Eugenie's is different, and it'll be interesting to see if any of Harry's exes are also there.

-Eugenie’s 27th birthday. Harry and Eugenie are very close and he usually attends her birthdays, so this is a good possibility. I believe Chelsy and Harry were somewhat on/off throughout their relationship, plus he was a lot younger when Peter turned 30 and Camilla 60 which could have influenced the lack of a date.

I don't know if Meghan'll show up at polo - it'd be interesting as polo games tend to be such huge family things, with the Cambridges, Harry, Anne and Tim, the Phillips, the Tindalls, and even the Wessexes sometimes in attendance. Wimbledon is probably a given - didn't it come out that Meghan attended Wimbledon this year in the royal box? What would also be interesting is if she goes to Ascot, although that's a stretch - Harry doesn't typical attend himself.

I think it's likely that Meghan'll be his plus-one at Skippy's wedding. It would be odd if she wasn't, to be honest - as if Harry were deliberately hiding her.

I do think Harry will visit Meghan while she's filming season 7 - it seems to be implied that he did so while she was filming season 6, but no one was aware of it because the relationship wasn't public then.

Harry's also due in Toronto for Invictus in the spring, so it'll be interesting to see what happens there.

As for the Queen and DoE's 70th wedding anniversary... I don't see that one happening. Just based on the typical Suits filming/airing schedule, I think it's likely we're looking at an April 2018 engagement at best, which would prevent an appearance at the anniversary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavs View Post
As for the Cof E as it stands they might be able to actually get married in St Paul's/Westminster Abbey if they wanted but might prefer a more low key ceremony. But as I said I hope they are happy but that might be a way off yet.
Quote:
Is it definite that she is (born/culturally) Catholic? I know she attended a Catholic School but so did many non Catholics I know.

Autumn Phillips converted with a quote that "It was basically the same any way." Except without the Pope.
I've seen a number of reports that she is Catholic, but nothing from her in any way so I wouldn't call it verified. I mean, it's a logical assumption given her schooling, but not a guarantee.

Of course, Harry can now marry a Catholic without losing his succession rights, so that in itself isn't necessarily an issue - he just can't convert, and his children can't be raised Catholic if he wants them to have succession rights.

I do think that her religion (if she is Catholic) combined with her divorce might prevent a big wedding in Westminster Abbey. Technically, the CoE does allow it, and Harry wasn't a cause of Meghan's divorce so I don't think the CoE would object to a church wedding in itself... but they might go for a "lesser" church. Andrew and Anne both got married in the Abbey, but Edward didn't, and Harry at this point is only the grandchild of the monarch, even if his position is fairly comparable to Andrew's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilacmagnolia View Post
Should we take this seriously? Not sure since it seems like a filler but I would hope he would want to marry her in the future...
This is filler. Harry made a quicky trip to see Meghan and the DM, after having already raked him over the coals for it, is now trying to spin it differently.

I think Harry's behaviour indicates he's certainly serious about this relationship, but serious about a relationship doesn't necessarily translate into an imminent engagement.
Old 12-08-2016, 10:53 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
If Harry wishes to retain his place in the line of succession then it's not entirely his choice how long he has to wait before an engagement.

Harry need the Queen's permission to marry. It's that simple. If he marries a divorce, Catholic, American woman without his grandmother's permission then he's out of the line of succession. And while the Queen might not consider her being bi-racial, divorced, Catholic, or an American as a valid reason to deny him permission to marry (none of which really are), she is likely to consider a short relationship where the pair of them haven't even lived in the same continent a good reason.

If Harry rushes to the alter just because his biological clock is ticking then he's a fool who's destined to repeat his father's mistakes. Let him enjoy the dating stage of his relationship.
Ish, I am well aware that he needs the Queen's permission. What;s makes you believe that she won't? I believe she will without reservation if she hasn't given it to him already.
Old 12-08-2016, 10:57 PM
Imperial Majesty

Too early to be talking about marriage. Let's give the couple sometime. If real love is there, they will get there when they feel ready. Can't rush marriage no matter who you are.

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-08-2016, 11:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

Tom Markel, Meghan's father, is Jewish, but her mother isn't. Doesn't Judaism come through the maternal line? Some people at an LA synagogue reportedly stated that she was active there when she was younger and living in that city. In earlier, rather elderly biographies posted on the Internet, Meghan is listed as Jewish. I'm not sure whether her ex husband is Jewish. They didn't marry in a synagogue.

However, there have been no reports from Toronto that Meghan is active in any synagogue there. She attended a Roman Catholic school and had a non-denominational wedding in Jamaica. This suggests to me a fluid attitude towards religious expression.
Old 12-09-2016, 12:32 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Tom Markel, Meghan's father, is Jewish, but her mother isn't. Doesn't Judaism come through the maternal line? Some people at an LA synagogue reportedly stated that she was active there when she was younger and living in that city. In earlier, rather elderly biographies posted on the Internet, Meghan is listed as Jewish. I'm not sure whether her ex husband is Jewish. They didn't marry in a synagogue.

However, there have been no reports from Toronto that Meghan is active in any synagogue there. She attended a Roman Catholic school and had a non-denominational wedding in Jamaica. This suggests to me a fluid attitude towards religious expression.
Ah I know a bit about this. If your considered isn't Jewish by your mother then you are not considered an Halachic Jewish person, even if you celebrated all the High Holy Days Exactly right. The BRF wouldn't turn Jewish overnight.

Sucks to have certain questions potentially ending a very happy relationship but thry would be fools not to consider certain responses if/when it continues.
Old 12-09-2016, 12:33 AM
Courtier

I must be the only one who has never been offended by the 'whatever love means' remark. Any well established couple will tell you that relationships evolve. That first giddy rush of infatuation at some point becomes a more steadfast and deeper love. Both are love - just different stages. There are many scientific studies about all of this stuff, they've even measured the typical length of the infatuation/lust phase. Many relationships founder after that initial thrill fades and don't make it to the long term phase. Cressida never made it to that phase IMO, w/ Chelsey I'm not sure.
Harry has always seemed more impulsive than William, he leads with his heart (although William did break all kinds of rules when he landed his military helicopter in the Middleon garden.) Harry's diversion from Barbados to see Meghan strikes me as something a love struck BF would do, a more established couple is typically more measured. I'm not criticizing them - just suggesting it's the type of gesture more often seen w/ newly formed couples.
Wonder if Meghan will be Harry's plus one at Pippa's May wedding
Old 12-09-2016, 12:36 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post

Yes, traditionally Jewish families believe a religion passes from mother to child, the opposite is Muslims. I have known a few Jewish families who had a harder time with a son dating a Christian than a daughter. They assumed their daughter would follow tradition and raise the kids Jewish. They feared their son if he we'd a Christian, would convert and raise his kids such.