Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't blame her social media hiatus. She literally had some crazy person tweet a death threat with a picture of a gun. Also her instagram mentions where a total mess that rivaled the stupidity of the Daily Fail comment sections. I'm not sure why she gets trashed for having social media when it is literally required for many television shows.

I think Harry's people put her on social media hiatus tbh. Didn't know about the gun threat, wow.

It very well could be that she has been advised to refrain from using social media because of all the craziness its been attracting but I seriously doubt that Harry's "people" would be the cause of it. When things get out of control on an account, the best solution is to just discontinue using it.

Its my thinking that since her relationship with Harry has become public knowledge, that is the majority of focus on that account. It must be pretty hard to maintain a "public image" in her own right when the focus for most of the people that are following her now are due to a relationship she wishes to be kept very private.

It very well could be that she has been advised to refrain from using social media because of all the craziness its been attracting but I seriously doubt that Harry's "people" would be the cause of it. When things get out of control on an account, the best solution is to just discontinue using it.

Its my thinking that since her relationship with Harry has become public knowledge, that is the majority of focus on that account. It must be pretty hard to maintain a "public image" in her own right when the focus for most of the people that are following her now are due to a relationship she wishes to be kept very private.

Exactly--She's a 35 year old woman. I highly doubt she would allow Harry's representatives to try to force her into a social media silence. I agree she's likely taking time off for her own privacy and peace of mind.

Exactly. Especially considering The Tig's twitter and IG are still updated. It's more likely that she prefer to keep the attention off of her personal life. Even before Harry, she never overshared on her personal life. She's very aware that while it's her personal account, it's "public". She's never shared a photo of her ex-husband while they were married or her ex-bf while they were dating. It seems that she's made a consistent effort to remain private in that part of her life. It just happens that that has always worked out until now because she's with Harry now.

^

There are several pictures of her with her ex-husband Trevor, including a picture where she's clinging to his neck in a boat, I've seen somewhere, I don't remember where. If no photo has appeared, it's because Harry does not want to. Just don't understand how nowadays when everyone has a camera phone, don't appear a photo, unless they are in a very isolated place

Exactly--She's a 35 year old woman. I highly doubt she would allow Harry's representatives to try to force her into a social media silence. I agree she's likely taking time off for her own privacy and peace of mind.

I hesitate to comment here, but on this I think she is a socially smart woman and that she knows to feed the sharks would be stupid. She would refuse to be chum, is what I mean. Not. Koo. Stark.

^

There are several pictures of her with her ex-husband Trevor, including a picture where she's clinging to his neck in a boat, I've seen somewhere, I don't remember where. If no photo has appeared, it's because Harry does not want to. Just don't understand how nowadays when everyone has a camera phone, don't appear a photo, unless they are in a very isolated place

That wasn't from her twitter or IG, which was what my comment was directed to. Of course once in a while photos will appear if people bother to dig deep enough. However, she's never posted pictures of her and her partner on social media, which tells me she's always made that part of her life off limits to from her public role. She's not ashamed of her relationships, but she certainly isn't a willing participant to lay it all out there for people.

Harry meeting Meghan's father is now in major news outlets like CBS, PEOPLE. Well, it not totally unbelievable. Harry has been to her house in Canada tons of times. He has met Thom Markle and I bet he has also met her mother.

He has been to her home in Canada yes. But Tom doesn't live in Canada, I believe he is in Mexico. There is no telling if Tom has been in Toronto at the same time as Harry was. We have seen photos of her with her mom, we know they are close. If he has met a parent, it is far more likely to be her mom. Besides the reports say six months ago, which would be right at the start if their relationship. Pretty unlikely she introduced him that early.

He has been to her home in Canada yes. But Tom doesn't live in Canada, I believe he is in Mexico. There is no telling if Tom has been in Toronto at the same time as Harry was. We have seen photos of her with her mom, we know they are close. If he has met a parent, it is far more likely to be her mom. Besides the reports say six months ago, which would be right at the start if their relationship. Pretty unlikely she introduced him that early.

Meh, I'm inclined to believe it actually. If her father only travels up to Canada once every few months and with her crazy schedule and Harry's crazy schedule, I'd actually think it'd make sense for them to be introduced if an opportunity arose when they both were in Canada at the same time. That coupled with all the reports that their relationship went from 0 to 100 once they actually started dating, it seems very possible.

Brother gave DM a story and every media outlet ran to the hills with it.

One thing that is becoming abundantly clear as time passes is that both Meghan and Harry have very public lives and treasure their private lives. This is an area where Harry has lucked out and found a woman that not only understands the need to draw a line between public and private but to have the chutzpah on how to handle it best. Running the gamut of the gaping mobs and flashbulbs isn't really going to be a new challenge for Meghan if and when they do go public with their relationship and its meet the family time. At this point, Meghan seems to be very much doing what the royal family has always had as a motto "never complain, never explain" and that probably is scoring high marks in her favor.

With being with Meghan, Harry has the situation of "love me, love my dogs" which is absolutely no problem. With being with Harry, Meghan has the "love me, take on my life" which is looking to be no problem so far. :D

I can not see this ending in marriage. I'll give them both the benefit of the doubt. Harry is crazy for her and she's crazy for him.

Meghan can date Harry for 10 years and not have to give up her lifestyle. She can blog, she can voice opinions on political matters, she can hang out with celebrities. The whole deal. Why would she give it up to marry Harry?

A lot of what Meghan talks about and blogs about may not seem controversial or political, but it is for a member of the royal family. The UN is a no-no for British royals. Too many toes to step on.

She could marry any other person in the world and just carry on but to marry Harry means a complete revamping of her life.

Plus Harry needs to be as sure as possible this marriage would last. The last thing he needs is a divorce, which is no biggie in Hollywood but still would be majorly frowned upon in royal circles.

Last edited:
You make some good points Rudolph. With all you've pointed out, if the marriage does happen, most likely it would be because, for Meghan, the positives would far outweigh the negatives and that the two of them have enough in common to be a united team but yet be able to maintain their own individualities. Perhaps Meghan would see giving up being an outspoken person on issues for the strength and stability of a home and family life as what she wants most in life.

We don't know. These are things that the couple themselves have to deal with and come to terms with and decide which way they both want to go. People and their priorities change as they get older and what might have worked in their 20s isn't on the top list of priorities in their 30s.

IMO it would be difficult for Harry to find anyone to marry. I've read many times that he should marry from 'his circles', but why would anyone from already that life style want to give up their freedom, privacy, any pulic voice or choice, to be accompanied by a security officer 24/7. He's a great guy, I'm sure, but all that would be just too much. William was lucky he met Kate during university years, they could build a strong connection relatively privately. Harry doesn't have that chance any more.

I can not see this ending in marriage. I'll give them both the benefit of the doubt. Harry is crazy for her and she's crazy for him.

Meghan can date Harry for 10 years and not have to give up her lifestyle. She can blog, she can voice opinions on political matters, she can hang out with celebrities. The whole deal. Why would she give it up to marry Harry?

A lot of what Meghan talks about and blogs about may not seem controversial or political, but it is for a member of the royal family. The UN is a no-no for British royals. Too many toes to step on.

She could marry any other person in the world and just carry on but to marry Harry means a complete revamping of her life.

Plus Harry needs to be as sure as possible this marriage would last. The last thing he needs is a divorce, which is no biggie in Hollywood but still would be majorly frowned upon in royal circles.

You make good points and I have said the same I can't see it happening. But if they do marry I hope they are very very sure and have thought about future children and what would happen if there was a divorce. As I have said before here real life is not a fairy tale and in the Royal Family even less so

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

It's one of the main reasons why Harry is more protective over this relationship. Privacy is paramount for it to go far. They'll wander into the public once in a while, but they want to give a good go in private. Everyone should respect that.

I'm sure her Charity work is more important.I can't see a 35 year old woman who wants a family date ANYONE for fun for almost a year...She knows the deal of potentially marrying a Prince and she is still with him.I actually don't think her blog is an issue...I also think Meghan is the best option Harry has ever had and he wants kids too...He does not keep a girl around if he doesn't think she could handle the job...He has never had a GF already involved in international relations,Charity and Travel...If they break up,it will be Meghan doing it then we will start getting the Harry not letting go headlines and how he wants to give it another chance,the usual.He is a obvious clingy man so he is probably willing to level with her about the blog.

Everyone should respect that.

Everyone SHOULD, but [even here] not everyone does. Wanting 'one picture', or to know 'where they've been' or where 'they're going next', constitutes a desire to invade the privacy they need to develop and to see what their future [together or separately] might hold.
Let them 'be', and give them time, peace and privacy...

I don't think her social media accounts will be an issue if they get married. I follow Queen Rania of Jordan on Instagram and she posts pretty regularly. It's not like Meghan will never work again, since Harry wants to take on more responsibilities at the 'firm' and he's involved in lots of charities which is something Meghan wants to do more of. She'll have to do it in name of the Queen but it's charity work either way. Plus, her being an actress is a good thing since she won't be bothered by the photo ops and shaking hands with people who come to see the family. That's what Harry wants, someone who won't shy away from the attention. In the public eye, Harry will need someone who is more outgoing to match him the way Catherine matches William who is more reserved.

I'm sure her Charity work is more important.I can't see a 35 year old woman who wants a family date ANYONE for fun for almost a year...She knows the deal of potentially marrying a Prince and she is still with him.I actually don't think her blog is an issue...I also think Meghan is the best option Harry has ever had and he wants kids too...He does not keep a girl around if he doesn't think she could handle the job...He has never had a GF already involved in international relations,Charity and Travel...If they break up,it will be Meghan doing it then we will start getting the Harry not letting go headlines and how he wants to give it another chance,the usual.He is a obvious clingy man so he is probably willing to level with her about the blog.

Lets add to your list that Harry's never had a girlfriend before that had her own spot in the public limelight already.

Just by going what we do know of the couple, it does seem like they have a lot in common, are happy to just spend time alone with each other out eyeball range (staying in, cooking, playing with the dogs), have passions in regards to "giving back" and supporting charitable functions, wants kids etc. I think there is more pointing to a successful relationship rather than one doomed to fail.

As far as blogging? For all we know, should they marry, I think she would give up her "single life" sites and who knows? Perhaps her expertise in doing this kind of thing would be an asset to the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and The Duke and Duchess of Hogwarts. If Kate can take and release her own photography, why couldn't Meghan's talents be put to good use in a relevant way? All kinds of possibilities to be found if we want to look for them.

Right now, the relationship and how serious it may be is anyone's guess and we've been doing a lot of guessing so far. :D

I also think she's the right woman for Harry, I think she meets all the essential requirements to be his wife. The only thing she will have to leave is her acting career., but don't think that would be a problem, she has said in interviews that it is difficult for her to get good roles because of their ethnicity, Suits was luck, but the series It will not last forever. The blog I do not see problem either and she loves to do humanitarian work, next to Harry she can continue doing

Would it? Considering the number of divorces that occurs in all royal families, I don't think divorce is some sort of taboo in 2017.

:previous: LOL!! I agree.

Divorce is as now as common in Royal circles as tiaras. In the British Royal family alone there at three or four in the senior Royal line alone.

I like Harry and want his marriage(when it happens) to succeed. But other than the inevitable field day in the press that a Harry marital break would cause, it would blow eventually blow over..no big deal at all.

Very true. Meghan would be sacrificing way more than Diana, Camilla, Sarah, Sophie, or Catherine had to when they married. And the latter often has/had too much burden compared to their spouses, that burden would be multiplied in this case. I can't see her marrying Harry unless she is in a state of denial, of what that life would entail for her.

I just can't see how the two of them could be happy in the longterm, which is sad if they have genuine affection for each other.

Not all royal families but certainly common enough in the one he belongs to.

Her blog she may have to end, but there is nothing about her charity work that doesn't fit into royal life. She wouldn't be the first Royal to work with the UN, and if that isn't allowed by the British royals, she could do it with private charities. She would likely get along well with Mary or Mabel. I also could see her working a along side Harry with senteble.

IMO when he marries, there will be a move to separate from the Cambridges, the foundation. He and his wife will have their own direction, Harry won't be the tag along to the couple as a single man. We gave seen Harry has not shied away from discuss media and I see Meghan helping expand that. Maybe joining the ranks of royals with public accounts, and not simply the palace one

Folks, if she and Harry go far and things become official, I'm sure will understand that her acting career will have to stop. The good thing...her charitable and philanthropy work will be taken to the next level. Also, the young royals are more hands on with their work than previous royal generations.

Not all royal families but certainly common enough in the one he belongs to.

Her blog she may have to end, but there is nothing about her charity work that doesn't fit into royal life. She wouldn't be the first Royal to work with the UN, and if that isn't allowed by the British royals, she could do it with private charities. She would likely get along well with Mary or Mabel. I also could see her working a along side Harry with senteble.

IMO when he marries, there will be a move to separate from the Cambridges, the foundation. He and his wife will have their own direction, Harry won't be the tag along to the couple as a single man. We gave seen Harry has not shied away from discuss media and I see Meghan helping expand that. Maybe joining the ranks of royals with public accounts, and not simply the palace one

Meghan will have to conform to the way the BRF do things not the other way around. If you think she'd be allowed to have a public social media account ( tweeting as Meghan?) you don't understand the Windsor way. Don't bother to mention the York girls. They aren't working royals.

As for separating from the Cambridges, that will come only after William is heir. There isn't enough money to go around right now. When Charles is king he can fund Harry to whatever level he chooses. William and Catherine's foundation will greatly expand once money comes through the Duchy of Cornwall.

I haven't seen anyone suggest her acting career could continue, simply her philanthropy work.

But that goes for any career. Any Royal bride, this close to the throne, is going to have to give up her career plain and simple. They will be expected to be royals. Likely another reason royals have trouble getting married. Not just the loss of privacy and such. But losing their own career and ambitions. It gets harder the longer they wait. Kate was in university when they began dating, and didn't seem to mind not having a career, working for her parents, to accommodate the relationship. She had no career to give up. But women in their thirties will have built careers, lives and such. How many women would want to ghee up years of education and work to cut ribbons? There is nothing hands on about what royals do. They aren't out building houses, or walking dogs at shelters, or serving at soup kitchens. They are still very much doing tours, shaking hands, attending parties. With the rare exception like Harry in Africa but that was considered private. Would someone who went through medical school be happy to give up her career, to tour a hospital and shake hands?

It is likely why you see the more educated/career brides are married to junior royals. There is the exception in Europe like maxima and Letizia and Mathilde who gave up careers, not simply jobs, to marry. But you see among non heirs, and defunct royal houses, brides who are factors, lawyers, professors, and so on. The heirs if Gloucester and Kent are married to a professor and pediatrician. The difference us these women can continue three career when they marry. They get to attend Royal events, and gave titles, but they live private lives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom